PDA

View Full Version : Mark May blames injuries on USC loss

toneful
10/7/2007, 12:31 AM
I thought it was the cardinal that was hurting? Regardless...40 point favorite doesn't say there is a concern with injuries.

bluedogok
10/7/2007, 12:33 AM
The SUC apologists will be out en force....

SoonerBOI
10/7/2007, 12:35 AM
Mark May is a fool...

Sooner_Havok
10/7/2007, 12:42 AM
They will still out-rank us, USF, BC, Cal and tOSU. Hell, you know they will still be getting about 10-15 first place votes in both poles.

SanDiegoSoonerGal
10/7/2007, 12:45 AM
Mark May is a tool...

Fixed.

Sooner24
10/7/2007, 12:50 AM
I think 5 turnovers had more to do with it than anything else.

Leroy Lizard
10/7/2007, 01:02 AM
Stanford was playing with a backup QB.

hOlden caUlfield...
10/7/2007, 01:16 AM
dude, usc better not be ahead of us in the polls. they lost by an unranked, 1-3(before beating usc) team at home. we beat the #19 team. they were 8 places ahead of us. they should move down at least 7-8 and we should move up 2-3. IMO.

...i'm sooooo glad we beat texas!!!!!!!!!!!!

Doged
10/7/2007, 01:17 AM
Stanford was playing with a backup QB.

...who only completed 11 out of 30+ passes.

USC beat themselves, just as we did against Colorado.

tulsaoilerfan
10/7/2007, 02:28 AM
...who only completed 11 out of 30+ passes.

USC beat themselves, just as we did against Colorado.
That's usually how good teams let inferior teams beat them, which in this case is a very good thing. :D

Crucifax Autumn
10/7/2007, 02:34 AM
yeah, spending all that time beating themselves distracted them from the game and made their arms tired.

jwlynn64
10/7/2007, 03:46 AM
yeah, spending all that time beating themselves distracted them from the game and made their forearms tired.

fixed

Crucifax Autumn
10/7/2007, 04:12 AM
seems to me that after today lil peter's boys oughtta have sore foreHEADS from the headboard smacking they took. They shoulda dropped in the polls if they'd won by 20, and they couldn't even pull off that much of a disappointment. Instead they lost to one of the worst teams in football. I think it's about time they got exposed. I personally think they'll lose 2 more, if not 3 and one of them will be to another team they should surely beat like UCLA or ND.

OUGuf
10/7/2007, 04:35 AM
The only thing that topped watching Oregon implode last year was hearing USC losing today.
I get physically ill when ever sports show starts in with their USC love in.
They are ranked #1 at the start of the season no matter what they do in the prior year. The good thing about that it is truely shows the Bias the polls carry, and ends up maing them look the fool.

Crucifax Autumn
10/7/2007, 04:40 AM
Hopefully ND and Meatchicken have passed their mojo on to SUC...then after they lose 2-3 more they'll pass it off to Ohio State and LSU.

Flagstaffsooner
10/7/2007, 04:44 AM
Suc losing made my day. I think it was even better than us beating the whorns. I hope BlowJob Pete and his Hollywood fags rot in hell.

Crucifax Autumn
10/7/2007, 04:55 AM
So Flagstaff...How do you really feel? lol

BJ pete! I actually thought the smooth skin was from surgery, but now I have a new theory!

ruf/nekdad
10/7/2007, 06:50 AM
yeah, spending all that time beating themselves distracted them from the game and made their arms tired.

Now thats clever right there.

AlbqSooner
10/7/2007, 07:03 AM
I think Mark May could be right in this instance. There probably were some injuries resulting from the USC loss. Ego injuries for sure.

PLaw
10/7/2007, 08:20 AM
I thought it was the cardinal that was hurting? Regardless...40 point favorite doesn't say there is a concern with injuries.

Injuries?? Hmmm, I thought they had 5 stars 8 and 9 deep?

aurorasooner
10/7/2007, 08:46 AM
njuries?? Hmmm, I thought they had 5 stars 8 and 9 deep? It just goes to show you the relationship of 2 and 3 star recruits playing a game with emotion vs a team with all 5 stars playing the same game with no emotion. The way the college footbal landscape is leveling out, I bet a top notch "emotional pick-me up consultant" could make a living on a college football team and be as important as a top notch recruiter. I think a lowely 1-3 Stanford team playing with their BU QB beating USC in the their house is on par with Appy State stinging Michigan in their house. One thing's for sure. Getting beat by a top 10 Boise State team doesn't even come close to coughing one up to a D-II team in front of the home fans. So there's always a glass-half-full side.

soonerP_A_C
10/7/2007, 08:53 AM
I saw Mark May on the College FB wrapup show this morning, trying to put the best possible spin on the USC loss... Made me want to vomit...

He was saying, "well, they did lose to a PAC-10 team, and they can rebound, and there's still a lot of football left, and they still have a good shot at the national championship..." I didn't see any of his comments after OU lost, but I would love to 'compare and contrast' his views. That ESPN man-love for USC makes me sick...

JohnnyMack
10/7/2007, 08:53 AM
I guess Booty broke a finger on his throwing hand in the 2nd quarter. Is that what he was talking about?

aurorasooner
10/7/2007, 09:04 AM
Just our luck that we got USC when they had Norm Chow and right when Mike Stoops left for Az. USC is missing Norm Chow just like Texas is missing Chizek. I'm not so sure that when you have a Coordinator with the talent of a Chow or Chizek, you don't throw about 3/4 of mil to a mil their way, even if part has to come out of your own pocket, and as a head coach you do whatever it takes to blow the press to keep all the heat off them. Head coaches making 3 mil or more/year should think about the "how much rice can a chinaman eat" part vs the grief of letting a high caliber quality coordinator get away to have the headaches of running his own show.

freshchris05
10/7/2007, 09:18 AM
Mark May blames El Nino on his herpes...

KantoSooner
10/7/2007, 09:31 AM
It'll be interesting to watch Stanford the rest of the season. I wouldn't want to play them next week. They might just have got religion.

r5TPsooner
10/7/2007, 09:36 AM
Baylor = Stanford

tnraider1
10/7/2007, 09:40 AM
Baylor = Stanford

Exactly. Drop them from the top ten and talk about someone else now.