PDA

View Full Version : yeah.....it gets old

sanantoniosooner
10/6/2007, 10:18 PM
could whatever mod that likes to delete my posts contact me and explain what the problem is?

If I knew which it was I'd do this privately.

PDXsooner
10/6/2007, 10:28 PM
are they bad posts?

Soonerus
10/6/2007, 10:29 PM
eggg shell..

sanantoniosooner
10/6/2007, 10:32 PM
are they bad posts?
"bad" is in the eye of the beholder.

The don't break any forum rules.

And I'd be more than happy to modify things if someone would just let me tell me what their problem is.

Soonerus
10/6/2007, 10:34 PM
You are a jerk...

sanantoniosooner
10/6/2007, 10:35 PM
I don't deny that. If they start deleting all the jerk threads, we can close the place down.

GottaHavePride
10/6/2007, 10:38 PM
Heh. Are you talking like whole threads disappearing or single posts vanishing? 'Cause I've been doing some merging on the football board and I might have hit a few of your threads in the midst of the carnage. If you're just talking single posts vanishing then I don't know.

sanantoniosooner
10/6/2007, 10:39 PM
single post in a thread. Simply doesn't exist anymore.

Sooner_Bob
10/6/2007, 10:44 PM
:pop:

GottaHavePride
10/6/2007, 10:53 PM
Hmmm. No clue here. I did that to one post today from someone in the game thread, but that was it.

sanantoniosooner
10/6/2007, 10:56 PM
In the old days, I would get a warning if I was crowding the line a little and I would cool it or edit things.

Now stuff just disappears without any rhyme or reason when compared to other posts that are OK.

SoonerBorn68
10/6/2007, 10:59 PM
I'd offer an opinion but I'd prolly get baned again.

proud gonzo
10/6/2007, 11:02 PM
oh great, here we go with the persecution complex again...

SoonerBorn68
10/6/2007, 11:05 PM

:rolleyes:

Lighten up.

proud gonzo
10/6/2007, 11:07 PM
hey, that's what i was going to say to you guys.

sanantoniosooner
10/6/2007, 11:08 PM
how many threads have you had deleted?

Cuz I promise, the posts/threads I have had deleted aren't any worse than some I've seen from you. All I want is to clarify the boundary and find out who it is I'm crossing some line with.

SoonerBorn68
10/6/2007, 11:10 PM
I made the mistake of confrontation in a semi private setting & backing someone into a corner. SAS is only asking why he's being picked on.

I say it's a legit question. Hiding behind a mod screen is lame.

sanantoniosooner
10/6/2007, 11:12 PM
I don't want to turn this into an us against them thing.

It would just be helpful to understand what the problem is when it appears to be kind of random.

Soonerus
10/6/2007, 11:16 PM
Duh, Duh, Duh..................................

GottaHavePride
10/6/2007, 11:18 PM
My guess right now:

I don't think the threads in question were bad - if they had been axed in the usual way, I'd be able to find them. Since I can't find them, I'm assuming that's not what happened to them. I think they probably got merged into another thread at some point. There's been a lot of merging going on lately, especially on the football board.

sanantoniosooner
10/6/2007, 11:20 PM
The thread it was in still exists. Even after a merge you can find a post by searching all recent posts made by a person. It doesn't exist.

Turd_Ferguson
10/6/2007, 11:38 PM
Too much cuervo SAS?:D

VeeJay
10/6/2007, 11:44 PM
This thread may soon be on Lock Down.

Turd_Ferguson
10/6/2007, 11:47 PM
This thread may soon be on Lock Down.
I'll lock it when I get good and ready dammit!

critical_phil
10/7/2007, 03:58 PM
if Mongo had started this thread, it'd be locked already...

Rhino
10/7/2007, 04:53 PM
The thread it was in still exists. Even after a merge you can find a post by searching all recent posts made by a person. It doesn't exist. Giving us a link to the thread would make it much easier to tell you why it was moderated.

StuIsTheMan
10/7/2007, 05:27 PM
So let me get this straight here, cause there are some definate holes here...

"bad" is in the eye of the beholder.

The don't break any forum rules.

And I'd be more than happy to modify things if someone would just let me tell me what their problem is.
Dude like you told me once before, even if you knew they would do it anyway...come on...

You are a Jerk
Again what ever Pot...;)

Heh. Are you talking like whole threads disappearing or single posts vanishing? 'Cause I've been doing some merging on the football board and I might have hit a few of your threads in the midst of the carnage. If you're just talking single posts vanishing then I don't know.
So you do not know which thread he is talking about...

My guess right now:

I don't think the threads in question were bad.
But now ya do?:confused:

if they had been axed in the usual way, I'd be able to find them. Since I can't find them, I'm assuming that's not what happened to them

Oh now ya don't...

I think they probably got merged into another thread at some point

Ya do, wait...:confused:

There's been a lot of merging going on lately, especially on the football board.
I think we know who to blame here...RUS!!!!

Well if you want people to not think that way then maybe...ah nevermind:rolleyes:

if Myself,Mongo, 1TC or Stu had started this thread, it'd be locked and there would be atleast one baining already...
Fixed and True!:D :pop:

Giving us a link to the thread would make it much easier to tell you why it was moderated.

Agreed, SAS?

But we all know where this will lead...right? So SAS, I ask you....Why even ask?

sanantoniosooner
10/7/2007, 05:36 PM
But we all know where this will lead...right? So SAS, I ask you....Why even ask?

It led to a vicious neg asking if I was 12 years old.

Oh the humanity.:D

I stopped yacking in this thread because I have been talking off the board to a mod about it. I'd prefer to do it all that way if people would be more straight forward with me. Sneak attacks seem like an ineffecient way to moderate unless enforcing board rules aren't your intention.

r5TPsooner
10/7/2007, 05:42 PM
single post in a thread. Simply doesn't exist anymore.

Lay off the bourbon.:D

Newbomb Turk
10/7/2007, 05:43 PM
I'd prefer to do it all that way if people would be more straight forward with me.

sorry - I'll be sure to sign my negs.

;)

StuIsTheMan
10/7/2007, 05:44 PM
sorry - I'll be sure to sign my negs Rhino.

;)
Fixed;) :D

Newbomb Turk
10/7/2007, 05:47 PM
It led to a vicious neg asking if I was 12 years old.

you never did answer me.