PDA

View Full Version : Yes, College Gameday will be in Norman.

the_edge
10/6/2007, 10:00 PM
I wouldn't doubt it if somebody else has mentioned this in another thread, but if Missouri beats Nebraska, College Gameday will be in Norman next weekend.

sooneron
10/6/2007, 10:01 PM
mebbe

colleyvillesooner
10/6/2007, 10:03 PM
No other big games...that would be awesome!

tommieharris91
10/6/2007, 10:04 PM
Well it's 17-6 Mizzou.

I think LSU @ KY is the only other good matchup that would be any good.

Sonner magic923
10/6/2007, 10:05 PM
mizzou just got the screws

nmsoonergirl
10/6/2007, 10:06 PM
I'm not completely looking forward to having to play mizzou next week, I have to say....

And I really hope Game Day makes it to South Florida once this year.

bluedogok
10/6/2007, 10:12 PM
The game is on FSN, so Gameday won't be in Norman.

colleyvillesooner
10/6/2007, 10:13 PM
only other game would be LSU at Kentucky, and I doubt they go to LSU 3 out of 6 weeks.

colleyvillesooner
10/6/2007, 10:15 PM
The game is on FSN, so Gameday won't be in Norman.

LSU is on CBS, and they are there this weekend.

bluedogok
10/6/2007, 10:34 PM
Yes, but it is a "bigger" game since it being SEC and all :rolleyes:
Maybe Boston College at Notre Dame, Wisky at Penn State, Auburn-Arkansas, UCF-USF.

ESPN/ABC are about promoting "the family" first, CBS usually only has one game a day, NBC just ND home games and FSN has many, many games all day. As far as I am concerned, I could care less if they ever make another OU game.

POBR25
10/6/2007, 10:37 PM
My guesses are either UCF-USF or Wisconsin or Penn St.

Cam
10/6/2007, 10:39 PM
Mizzou's toying with Nebbish now.

Leroy Lizard
10/6/2007, 11:11 PM
We might not even be favored when we play them.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
10/6/2007, 11:21 PM

I hope you are kidding. This is a GREAT win for Missouri and they are undefeated but Nebraksa is a train wreck. We will be favored by 8 points minimum. Beating Neb on your home field right now is about like beating Ball St. Nebraska even at 25 was hugely overrated.

Offensively MU looks good. We will run all over their defense though.

I think MU is going to get a huge dose of reality next week.

Sonner magic923
10/6/2007, 11:25 PM

damn I thought i was drunk:D

SOONERnTx
10/6/2007, 11:27 PM
I hope so, I just won the "Seats for SOONERS" and got tickets for the MissOUri game!!!! It's goona be so awesome it will be my first OU home game ever.....I'm JACKED!!!!!!!!

aurorasooner
10/6/2007, 11:32 PM
Trying to catch up on this game, since I've watched USC/Stanford, aggie/aggie and UF/LSU as well as the Rockies/Phillies game, while barely paying any attention to it. Missouri looks very " athletic and damn fast. Either that or Nebraska is one of the slowest teams ever. From the looks of the Nebraska D, Barrys wishbone would've hung half-a-hundred on them by the middle of the 2nd quarter. Nebraska may lose to Kansas, K-state and Colorado, and finish next to last in the North. Their D is DSL Slowsky slow.

soonersweetie
10/6/2007, 11:34 PM
I hope so, I just won the "Seats for SOONERS" and got tickets for the MissOUri game!!!! It's goona be so awesome it will be my first OU home game ever.....I'm JACKED!!!!!!!!

Congrats!!! That's pretty cool! You will love Owen Field

Sooner Among The Pack
10/6/2007, 11:37 PM
That Tiger spanking of Nebbish is the icing on a wonderful day in college football land. Sooners get another chance to make a statement again next week against a team that will be ranked in the top 15.

Too bad the game is on FSN :( This would make another wonderful 2:30 ABC game.

tommieharris91
10/6/2007, 11:38 PM
What time will this game be?

Rock Hard Corn Frog
10/6/2007, 11:40 PM
Trying to catch up on this game, since I've watched USC/Stanford, aggie/aggie and UF/LSU as well as the Rockies/Phillies game, while barely paying any attention to it. Missouri looks very " athletic and damn fast. Either that or Nebraska is one of the slowest teams ever. From the looks of the Nebraska D, Barrys wishbone would've hung half-a-hundred on them by the middle of the 2nd quarter. Nebraska may lose to Kansas, K-state and Colorado, and finish next to last in the North. Their D is DSL Slowsky slow.

Neb is much closer to the level of Iowa St or Baylor right now than they are to any of the other north teams. The might win a home game against one of the other North teams but that is it. This is te worst neb team I've seen in my lifetime and I don't think it is all that close.

SOONERnTx
10/6/2007, 11:40 PM
Thanks!!, I'm sure i will LOVE it, I have been to see OU at Kyle Field alot and at Texas Tech and the sooner fans at those games always stick together like family, It will be unbelievable at Owen field! Hope to meet a ton of SOONER fans!!! Its gonna be great.

Leroy Lizard
10/7/2007, 12:08 AM
I hope you are kidding. This is a GREAT win for Missouri and they are undefeated but Nebraksa is a train wreck. We will be favored by 8 points minimum.

In the eyes of the gamblers, who has accomplished more this season: OU or Mizzou? Sure, we beat Texas, but we also lost to CU. Mizzou is undefeated and just pulverized NU. If we can strut around about our victory over Miami, can't Mizzou do the same for NU?

I don't see much difference between the two teams, record-wise.

bluedogok
10/7/2007, 12:14 AM
What time will this game be?
5:30

Rock Hard Corn Frog
10/7/2007, 12:27 AM
In the eyes of the gamblers, who has accomplished more this season: OU or Mizzou? Sure, we beat Texas, but we also lost to CU. Mizzou is undefeated and just pulverized NU. If we can strut around about our victory over Miami, can't Mizzou do the same for NU?

I don't see much difference between the two teams, record-wise.

Record wise MU is better. So is Hawaii. You think Hawaii would be favored playing in Norman next week?

MU has every reason to strut around after beating Neb. It is a big win for their program. I don't know who the gamblers like more if you are talking about past games. Ou lost outright and didn't cover against Tex but MU didn't cover against Ill or Illinois St and I don't think they did against Ole Miss. OU covered in the other 4 games. I'm really not a gambler but I will give you a GUARANTEE. If we open as an underdog, AT HOME against MU when we are probably the 6th or 7th ranked team then there will be a near record amount of money put on OU by gamblers and that line will move faster than the stock market.

Maybe MU doesn't leg an egg like we did against Colo but I think we are easily 5-0 against MU's schedule at this point. They hung on to beat Illinois ther first game of the year at a neutral site. They beat the worst team in the SEC and played a bad MAC team and a I-AA team . As bad as Miami looked today against North Carolina the Canes did whip Tex A&M and I think they would do the same to Neb.

Sooner24
10/7/2007, 12:42 AM
It should be the two highest ranked teams playing next weekend.

soonergirlNeugene
10/7/2007, 12:45 AM
Somebody on here said that next week's game would be aired on FSN. So no chance.

Sooner_Havok
10/7/2007, 12:47 AM
Yeah, right. I will give you three games that are ahead of us:

#1 LSU at #8 Kentucky
#7 Boston College at #2 Notre Dame
Toledo at Buffalo

Those games will get more press than OU/MU

And you all know ND might not be #2, but you know damn well that they will be ranked.

Sooner24
10/7/2007, 12:47 AM
I missed that thread but I don't think that will have anything to do with it.

Sooner24
10/7/2007, 12:48 AM
Yeah, right. I will give you three games that are ahead of us:

#1 LSU at #8 Kentucky
#7 Boston College at #2 Notre Dame
Toledo at Buffalo

Those games will get more press than OU/MU

And you all know ND might not be #2, but you know damn well that they will be ranked.

KY won't be #8 when the polls come out.

Sooner_Havok
10/7/2007, 12:49 AM
no, but they will be ahead of Mizzou, they are from the mighty SEC...ALL BOW AT THE MENTION OF THE GOD SEC!!!

Paperclip
10/7/2007, 12:50 AM
Gameday was at LSU/Florida which was on CBS, so I don't really think it matters what network is broadcasting the game.

soonergirlNeugene
10/7/2007, 12:58 AM
Good point, that little detail escaped me.

Leroy Lizard
10/7/2007, 01:15 AM
MU beat Illinois on the road. This same Illinois is in the Top-25 and just beat #5 Wisconsin. That's as good a win, probably better, as we had today since UT is now a two-loss team and probably won't be ranked this week.

They beat Ole Miss on the road. Ole Miss may be bad, but they are probably better than N. Texas.

They just crushed a Top-25 (albeit overrated) Nebraska team. We did the same to Miami. Nebraska vs Miami? Probably a wash.

They are undefeated. We are not. Record-wise, they look better. So would it be a stretch for them to be a favorite? Maybe, but only because the game is in Norman and OU has been historically a better team. But based on actual on-field performance, Missouri has probably looked better this year.

Crucifax Autumn
10/7/2007, 04:31 AM
Who really cares? I'd rather they ignore us completely until later in the day when they show highlights of us stomping *** and even then I hope they just show 20 awesome plays and then shut up and say nothing about how good we are. Those jackholes are a jinx that puts Sports Illustrated to shame.

Crucifax Autumn
10/7/2007, 04:46 AM
I hope The tiggers are favored by 2 tds or more myself. I hope they get media love all week, get branded the best team ever, get spooned and carressed all week by corso and company and pretty much actually start to believe the hype.

Then I will enjoy it even more when we utterly destroy their hopes and dreams! lol

swardboy
10/7/2007, 06:22 AM
Record wise MU is better. So is Hawaii. You think Hawaii would be favored playing in Norman next week?

MU has every reason to strut around after beating Neb. It is a big win for their program. I don't know who the gamblers like more if you are talking about past games. Ou lost outright and didn't cover against Tex but MU didn't cover against Ill or Illinois St and I don't think they did against Ole Miss. OU covered in the other 4 games. I'm really not a gambler but I will give you a GUARANTEE. If we open as an underdog, AT HOME against MU when we are probably the 6th or 7th ranked team then there will be a near record amount of money put on OU by gamblers and that line will move faster than the stock market.

Maybe MU doesn't leg an egg like we did against Colo but I think we are easily 5-0 against MU's schedule at this point. They hung on to beat Illinois ther first game of the year at a neutral site. They beat the worst team in the SEC and played a bad MAC team and a I-AA team . As bad as Miami looked today against North Carolina the Canes did whip Tex A&M and I think they would do the same to Neb.

Hmmm....."leg an egg"....I'm trying to picture that...:D

Missouri causes me great concern as well. We eventually wore down their o-line last year and caused Chase to get a bit flustered, but the game could have turned on a few plays.

King Crimson
10/7/2007, 06:33 AM
that high-powered Callahan WCO lit up Mizzou for two FG's.

"breakout year" for the Bugeaters.

CitySooner
10/7/2007, 08:54 AM
Mizzou favored in Norman? Pass some over here! Just because Mizzou is undefeated and they crushed Iowa State's big sister means little when it comes to the line on this game. Many factors go into account before the oddsmakers set the line. The mighty Crimson haven't lost a home conference game since '01. True, OU is coming off a big emotional win over their archrival, but so is Mizzou. This is a huge game for both teams as far as rankings and national status go, and both teams have proven potent offenses. The Sooners however, have two HUGE advantages: 85,000 screaming fans and a DEFENSE! Slingin' Sam will have his way with Mizzou all night long. Mark it down. Book it. The line will be at least OU -10, but I look for the mighty Crimson to cover that easy, in a high scoring romp.

Leroy Lizard
10/7/2007, 10:41 AM
The mighty Crimson haven't lost a home conference game since '01.

Something about SUC and Stanford comes to mind.

As for defense, UT put up 385 yards on us yesterday, but NU only gained 290 against Missouri. If anything, NU has a better offense than UT.

The week before, Colorado put up 381 yards on us, and Tulsa put up 390 yards the week before that. To say that we have a huge defensive advantage is homerism.

BillyBall
10/7/2007, 10:49 AM

A home game at night at the Fock? Are you kidding me kid?

Scott D
10/7/2007, 10:53 AM
Something about SUC and Stanford comes to mind.

As for defense, UT put up 385 yards on us yesterday, but NU only gained 290 against Missouri. If anything, NU has a better offense than UT.

The week before, Colorado put up 381 yards on us, and Tulsa put up 390 yards the week before that. To say that we have a huge defensive advantage is homerism.

Actually, I'd counter your argument by saying there's a reason that Nebraska is 96th in total defense (29th in total offense), and that Missouri is 79th (4th in total offense). Whereas Texas is 43rd in total offense (29th in total defense). Truthfully none of it means anything because it's still difficult at this time to compare both groups on their current body of work, especially with the lack of common opponents at this point.

We'll give up yards to Missouri, we gave up yards to them last year. What we have to do is tighten up the redzone defense and force them to either 0 or 3 points on their possessions and put up 7's on ours.

Leroy Lizard
10/7/2007, 11:28 AM
Actually, I'd counter your argument by saying there's a reason that Nebraska is 96th in total defense (29th in total offense), and that Missouri is 79th (4th in total offense). Whereas Texas is 43rd in total offense (29th in total defense).

So NU has the better offense than UT, yet put up fewer yards on Missouri than UT did on us. So where is this huge defensive advantage of OU?

Or is this just one of those "I love the Sooners, so they have the better defense" arguments?

Scott D
10/7/2007, 11:41 AM
So NU has the better offense than UT, yet put up fewer yards on Missouri than UT did on us. So where is this huge defensive advantage of OU?

Or is this just one of those "I love the Sooners, so they have the better defense" arguments?

It'd be hard to argue that NU has a good offense to be honest if you look at each game individually. Keller passes for over 400 yards against USC (most of it after the game was over), They had 600 yards of offense, against Nevada...you might be hard pressed to find teams that couldn't put yards up against Nevada.

Conversely, Missouri was giving up yards all over the place to lesser competition moreso than we were. Truthfully, and not as a Sooner fan I'd take Texas' offense over Nebraska's offense, and I'd definitely take Texas' defense over Nebraska's defense. But we'll find out on October 27th which of them are as bad as their record indicates, and which is worse. It can also be argued that Missouri hasn't really been tested in terms of playing a defense that can do anything either. Other than Illinois, the other 4 teams that Missou has played are ranked 101, 108, 103, and 96 in total defense. Part of that is due to Missouri's offense sure, but it means that other teams moved the ball easily on them as well.

I won't by any means say this game is going to be easy, Missouri always gives us a tough fight. And I'm pretty sure Chase Daniel is motivated to get "revenge" for what was his worst game as a college starter last year when we played them.

r5TPsooner
10/7/2007, 11:47 AM
I wonder if the Nebraska Board of Regents has called a special meeting yet? Slash might finish the season but if he's not finished at NU by the end of the year, the higher ups at Nebraska need there heads examined.

Rock Hard Corn Frog
10/7/2007, 12:00 PM
Lizard, saying MU beat Illinois on the road is misleading. OU just beat Texas on the road in that case. I love to see the Whorns struggle but Nebraska would get whipped every bit as bad in Austin as they did in Columbia.

I'm afraid you lost the logic case when you suggested OU is going to be a HOME UNDERDOG to freaking Missouri. Anything can happen in ther game but PLEASE check in again after the line for the game comes out.

meoveryouxinfinity
10/7/2007, 12:14 PM

SteelClip49
10/7/2007, 01:36 PM
#11 Missouri here against #5/#6 Oklahoma.....just saying

illinisooner
10/7/2007, 01:46 PM
Normally I'd say no chance, because it's on FSN, but Gameday was at Baton Rouge this weekend and that game was on CBS.

MextheBulldog
10/7/2007, 01:48 PM
Intriguing....It's possible - only one other top 25 matchup: #1 LSU @ #17 Kentucky

silverwheels
10/7/2007, 01:49 PM
Meh. Gameday isn't as cool as it used to be.

Jewstin
10/7/2007, 01:58 PM
They'll probably take a break this weekend, either that or follow LSU.

The_Red_Patriot
10/7/2007, 02:11 PM
I doubt it. Nobody cares about the big 12 anymore.

colleyvillesooner
10/7/2007, 02:17 PM
I'm guessing a studio show.

JBranch6
10/7/2007, 02:29 PM
Gameday will be in

Norman, Oklahoma this week.

OUTrumpet
10/7/2007, 02:30 PM
I can say that I've also seen it online that it will be in Norman.

Sooner98
10/7/2007, 02:31 PM
Another board says that James Hale reported through the athletic department that Gameday will be here. Take it for what it's worth.

snp
10/7/2007, 03:35 PM
It's coming to Norman.

sooneron
10/7/2007, 03:39 PM
Dean says there's a 79/25 chance.

Jay C. Upchurch
10/7/2007, 03:41 PM
NORMAN — ESPN College GameDay is headed for Norman again.
Officials with the weekly college football show contacted the Oklahoma
Athletics Department Sunday morning with the word that the network had
selected this week's homecoming game with the Missouri Tigers.

It will be the 14th time in the last that the show has been on hand for
an Oklahoma game, including last year's game at Texas A&M.

GameDay's last visit to Norman was for the 2003 Oklahoma State game.
Other trips to Norman included the 2000 Nebraska game, the 2001 Kansas
State game and the 1995 Colorado game.

The exact location for the GameDay set will be determined later this
week.

GameDay features host Chris Fowler and analysts Lee Corso, Kirk
Herbstreit and Desmond Howard, who spend two hours each Saturday morning
providing in-depth coverage of college football.

Oklahoma and Missouri will play Saturday at 5:30 p.m.

OU SID REPORT

illinisooner
10/7/2007, 03:44 PM
This is something I'm happy to be wrong about. Where will they set up? Plaza outside of the north side of the stadium?

aurorasooner
10/7/2007, 03:47 PM
Too bad ABC can't trade Fox for a Saturday national telecast. I think this is going to be a good one. I just read some articles on the Missouri/Nebraska game. Our staff is going to have to do their homework because Mizzou ran a bunch of trickery against Nebraska. Hopefully Fox will have a quality telecast and leave that yapper color guy analyst at home.

LittleWingSooner
10/7/2007, 03:49 PM
I wish it were on ABC but for different reasons. I don't like ABC/ESPN's or Fox's broadcast. They both suck. But the cable here doesn't have Fox Sports so I won't be able to watch the OU/Mizzou game. I'll watch a tape of it after we win.

85sooners
10/7/2007, 03:58 PM
:pop:

UberSooner
10/7/2007, 04:08 PM
What's our game day record for those of you that keep track of such things? Pretty please.

swardboy
10/7/2007, 04:09 PM
I wish it were on ABC but for different reasons. I don't like ABC/ESPN's or Fox's broadcast. They both suck. But the cable here doesn't have Fox Sports so I won't be able to watch the OU/Mizzou game. I'll watch a tape of it after we win.

Where on God's green earth is there a cable company that doesn't have Fox Sports? Srsly.

TopDawg
10/7/2007, 04:11 PM
Gameday doesn't really seem to care what station the game is actually going to be broadcast on. It typically happens that it's on ESPN or ABC because those stations usually broadcast the bigger games and that's where Gameday goes...to the bigger games.

It IS weird, though, that a game that warrants a visit from Gameday is going to be broadcast on Fox because usually ABC would go after a game that big. But I guess that's what happens, sometimes, when you announce game times and television scheduling in advance.

It might also be one of the few times Gameday has been at a homecoming game since usually homecoming games are scheduled against weaker opponents. Of course, since it's a late kickoff, most homecoming festivities won't begin until well after Gameday is over.

snp
10/7/2007, 04:54 PM
What's our game day record for those of you that keep track of such things? Pretty please.

12-3 since Stoops took over.

Wins:
2006 @ Texas A&M
2004 @ oklahoma State
2003 @ Alabama, oklahoma State
2002 RRS
2001 KSU, RRS
2000 @ KSU, Nebraska, @ Texas A&M, Big 12 CCG, orange Bowl

Losses
orange Bowl
Sugar Bowl
@ Nebraska

bluedogok
10/7/2007, 04:59 PM
With as many Big 12 games that are on FSN, it sounds like you need to change providers.

Dan Thompson
10/7/2007, 05:07 PM
I don't know who is the director of FSN college games, like the CU, but I could do a better job. I would really like to see an end zone shoot of the CU player that nearly hit Reggie Smith on the punt he muffed.

I would also have like to see the FG attempt at the end of the game.

And not so many shots with the camer laying of the field between somebodys legs.

.The where just a bunch of grade schoolers try to act professionaly

SoonerKnight
10/7/2007, 05:34 PM
NORMAN — ESPN College GameDay is headed for Norman again.
Officials with the weekly college football show contacted the Oklahoma
Athletics Department Sunday morning with the word that the network had
selected this week's homecoming game with the Missouri Tigers.

It will be the 14th time in the last that the show has been on hand for
an Oklahoma game, including last year's game at Texas A&M.

GameDay's last visit to Norman was for the 2003 Oklahoma State game.
Other trips to Norman included the 2000 Nebraska game, the 2001 Kansas
State game and the 1995 Colorado game.

The exact location for the GameDay set will be determined later this
week.

GameDay features host Chris Fowler and analysts Lee Corso, Kirk
Herbstreit and Desmond Howard, who spend two hours each Saturday morning
providing in-depth coverage of Notre Dame Sucks college football.

OU SID REPORT

Fixed

josh09
10/7/2007, 05:56 PM
Sweet, coming to Norman.

Sooner02
10/7/2007, 06:11 PM
I think FSN video coverage is subpar, as well as the announcers. However, FSN does have a contract with the Big12 so this game was picked well in advance. It is really pathetic that USC was broadcast THREE weeks in a row for the ABC primetime night game (Nebraska, WSU, UW) and we have yet to be put in the ABC Saturday night game. Not that it's a huge deal, but those games get much more coverage.

There's really no reason why any OU game should not be broadcast now that ESPN has contracted to cover more Big12 games (remember it was usually only Big10 or SEC) as well as the Big12/Pac10 contract that Versus has plus FSN. That's 3 major networks (including ABC) that can cover OU games. I'm still ****y about the Utah State game.

Sooner02
10/7/2007, 06:18 PM
This is something I'm happy to be wrong about. Where will they set up? Plaza outside of the north side of the stadium?
They were outside the stadium on the north side near the intersection of Jenkins and Brooks St. for the 2003 poke state game. God that was a great one after two years losing to those scum and then absolutely demolishing them 52-9 on Halloween weekend. I don't like having a game right after Thanksgiving, I think we need that week to prepare for the Big12 CCG which we expect to always play for.

I did think it was pretty cool in 2000 when they set up the Gameday set inside the stadium for the Nebraska game. Another Halloween weekend game...

Jewstin
10/7/2007, 06:51 PM
Not sure whether or not to be excited, but hopefully we'll see the return of the "Lee Corso is a (_));;;;D" sign. :D

http://www.soonersports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/100707aaf.html

SOONERnTx
10/7/2007, 06:57 PM
I'll be there........I'm so excited, I'm ready right NOW!!! COME ON

Sooner_Havok
10/7/2007, 07:00 PM
Not sure whether or not to be excited, but hopefully we'll see the return of the "Lee Corso is a (_));;;;D" sign. :D

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101084&page=3

fixed ;)

soonerloyal
10/7/2007, 07:03 PM
I still have that awesome screenshot. Will I get banned if I post it?

SOONERnTx
10/7/2007, 07:05 PM
YESSSSSSS, I will be there early! Has anyone ever been to a game when the gameday crew was present? This will be my first OU game in Norman! Sounds like it will be a great day. Anyone have any advice about what time to get there and where to park, also things to do before and after the game!!!! Man I am so pumped!

stoopified
10/7/2007, 07:09 PM
I only got one thing to sat about Missou:Here kitty,kitty.

Sooner_Havok
10/7/2007, 07:13 PM
Damn thread merges, got me thinking I am insane...

tommieharris91
10/7/2007, 07:19 PM
YESSSSSSS, I will be there early! Has anyone ever been to a game when the gameday crew was present? This will be my first OU game in Norman! Sounds like it will be a great day. Anyone have any advice about what time to get there and where to park, also things to do before and after the game!!!! Man I am so pumped!

Just about everyone says go north of campus where all the bars are. I've never done that, but it always seems like there are a lot of people there. It's homecoming weekend, as well. Park at Lloyd Noble. It's free, and it's about a 1 mile walk from Lloyd Noble to the stadium. Other than that, drink heavily and enjoy the game. It's gonna be great.

KaiserSooner
10/7/2007, 10:50 PM
...to be in Norman, according to Dean Blevins and John Holcomb on KWTV.

Ash
10/7/2007, 10:53 PM
There's already about five other threads about this.

Crucifax Autumn
10/7/2007, 10:56 PM
I was biting my tongue...

Did anyone hear? Jason White won the Heisman!

KaiserSooner
10/7/2007, 10:59 PM
Heh. I didn't see one off hand...but then again, I have a life.

tommieharris91
10/7/2007, 10:59 PM
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101084

Big Red Ron
10/7/2007, 11:03 PM
I love the thread nazi, "quasi-mod" mode people go to around here.

http://montysbluff.com/francis.jpg

"Lighten up Francis!"

colleyvillesooner
10/7/2007, 11:07 PM
Yeah, it'd be way to hard to look for the word Gameday, or even do a search for it. ;)

Ash
10/7/2007, 11:09 PM

http://montysbluff.com/francis.jpg

"Lighten up Francis!"

Just an FYI on my part. Take it FWIW. :twinkies:

Crucifax Autumn
10/7/2007, 11:11 PM

Wow. I bet you'd really hate my grammar nazi mode. :D

Big Red Ron
10/7/2007, 11:12 PM
Just an FYI on my part. Take it FWIW. :twinkies:Let the mods sort it out. Kaiser's been here long enough to get a little slack.

Big Red Ron
10/7/2007, 11:14 PM
Wow. I bet you'd really hate my grammar Nazi mode. :DBite me, I'm working on one heck of a hang over from an incredible weekend in Dallas.

You newbs kill me though. Been here a year or two and all of a sudden you're calling people out.

Crucifax Autumn
10/7/2007, 11:20 PM
I didn't call anyone out...specifically said I bit my tongue until someone else said something then made a joke. I personally don't give a crap if things get double posted...usually one thread takes over and the rest die.

Besides, after 38 years as a Sooner fan, newb is an insult.

But whatever...I applaud you for speaking your mind and I'll be doing the same. Glad we're all on the same side in the end. We're all Sooners and we rule.

Ash
10/7/2007, 11:21 PM
Let the mods sort it out. Kaiser's been here long enough to get a little slack.

LOL. Who's taking this too seriously? But here ya go:

Sorry, Kaiser. Here's a little slack. I'm sure you care.

goingoneight
10/7/2007, 11:42 PM
Man, I wish Gameday was in Los Angeles yesterday. :(

:D

Sooner_Havok
10/7/2007, 11:44 PM
LOL. Who's taking this too seriously? But here ya go:

Sorry, Kaiser. Here's a little slack. I'm sure you care.

DON'T GO AFTER HIM FOR DOING ALL THE RIGHT THINGS!!! COME AFTER ME, I'M A MAN, I'M 23 [hairGel] [hairGel]

Heh, we all new a reply like that was coming, glad I was first! :D

Ash
10/7/2007, 11:45 PM
DON'T GO AFTER HIM FOR DOING ALL THE RIGHT THINGS!!! COME AFTER ME, I'M A MAN, I'M 23 [hairGel] [hairGel]

Heh, we all new a reply like that was coming, glad I was first! :D

If I was a mother of children, I would have known better.

Once again, my deepest most sincerest of all apologies.

OKC-SLC
10/7/2007, 11:47 PM
Man, I wish Gameday was in Los Angeles yesterday. :(

:D
heh.

OKC-SLC
10/7/2007, 11:52 PM
Here's a little slack. I'm sure you care.
It's fiction. IT'S NOT TRUE!!!1!1!1!! [hairGel]

Socrefbek
10/8/2007, 10:29 AM
Sorry if this has been posted. I am surprised since ESPN nor ABC are televising the game.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++

College GameDay Coming to Norman
Sooners host Missouri this Saturday

NORMAN, Okla. - ESPN College GameDay is headed for Norman again. Officials with the weekly college football show contacted the Oklahoma Athletics Department Sunday morning with the word that the network had selected this week's homecoming game with the Missouri Tigers.

It will be the 14th time the show has been on hand for an Oklahoma game, including last year's game at Texas A&M.

GameDay's last visit to Norman was for the 2003 Oklahoma State game. Other trips to Norman included the 2000 Nebraska game, the 2001 Kansas State game and the 1995 Colorado game.

The exact location for the GameDay set will be determined later this week.

GameDay features host Chris Fowler and analysts Lee Corso, Kirk Herbstreit and Desmond Howard, who spend two hours each Saturday morning providing in-depth coverage of college football.

tommieharris91
10/8/2007, 10:32 AM
http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101084

DrZaius
10/8/2007, 11:02 AM
Man....I should fly home this weekend so that I can throw rocks at those complete idiots.

THEY SUCK!

Rock Hard Corn Frog
10/8/2007, 11:35 AM

OU opened as a 9 point favorite. I said 8 points minimum. Looks like you don't have a clue.

Ash
10/8/2007, 11:36 AM
I still get a kick out of some of the signs the fans put up.

redblood
10/8/2007, 12:55 PM
My first time at Memorial Stadium Owen Field words can not describe!
Just be prepared.Television just does not capture the feeling.

GoOwls
10/8/2007, 02:44 PM
SIGN IDEA:

Two in the Pinkel, One in the Stinkel.

SOONERnTx
10/8/2007, 02:49 PM
My first time at Memorial Stadium Owen Field words can not describe!
Just be prepared.Television just does not capture the feeling.

I can't wait to feel that feeling! IS IT TIME YET????? The weekend cant get here fast enough. I still can't believe that i'm going!!!

StoopTroup
10/8/2007, 05:06 PM
I heard Gameday might be in Norman this week.

Anyone heard anything?

bakerjrb
10/8/2007, 05:09 PM
Best GameDay sign of all time:

"Charlie Weis is the love child of Rosie O'Donnell and Jabba the Hutt."

Boomer!

jrb

Sooner_Havok
10/8/2007, 06:12 PM
I heard Gameday might be in Norman this week.

Anyone heard anything?

Holly ****!!! Gameday is going to be here!!!! Dude, we need to make a better titled thread so people will know this! :rolleyes:

soonermagicgirl
10/8/2007, 07:03 PM
OH MY GOSH....GAMEDAY....HERE....YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!

CANT WAIT TO SEE CORSO PUT ON THE OU GEAR!!!

TheUnnamedSooner
10/8/2007, 07:19 PM
OH MY GOSH....GAMEDAY....HERE....YEEEEAAAAHHHH!!!

CANT WAIT TO SEE CORSO PUT ON THE OU GEAR!!!

Are you trying to curse us??

GoTigers
10/8/2007, 07:34 PM
I hope The tiggers are favored by 2 tds or more myself. I hope they get media love all week, get branded the best team ever, get spooned and carressed all week by corso and company and pretty much actually start to believe the hype.

Then I will enjoy it even more when we utterly destroy their hopes and dreams! lol

Corso picked the cornholes.

Saueyman
10/8/2007, 07:41 PM
Im going to make a sign:

HOLTZ FOR PRETHIDENT! :D

colinreturn
10/8/2007, 08:06 PM
nevermind

CatfishSooner
10/8/2007, 08:07 PM
F?

Sooner_Havok
10/8/2007, 08:08 PM
College GameDay Coming to Norman

Sooners host Missouri this Saturday

NORMAN, Okla. - ESPN College GameDay is headed for Norman again. Officials with the weekly college football show contacted the Oklahoma Athletics Department Sunday morning with the word that the network had selected this week's homecoming game with the Missouri Tigers.

It will be the 14th time the show has been on hand for an Oklahoma game, including last year's game at Texas A&M.

GameDay's last visit to Norman was for the 2003 Oklahoma State game. Other trips to Norman included the 2000 Nebraska game, the 2001 Kansas State game and the 1995 Colorado game.

The exact location for the GameDay set will be determined later this week.

GameDay features host Chris Fowler and analysts Lee Corso, Kirk Herbstreit and Desmond Howard, who spend two hours each Saturday morning providing in-depth coverage of college football.

Ok

link (http://soonersports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/100707aaf.html)

colinreturn
10/8/2007, 08:09 PM
link (http://soonersports.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/100707aaf.html)
thank you.

ClintonSooner
10/8/2007, 08:23 PM
ok what the hell is going on..

OU-HSV
10/8/2007, 08:26 PM
Sweet...I'll be there!

OUHOMER
10/8/2007, 08:29 PM
UMM, If herby is doing the color on ABC how is he going to be hear?

Paperclip
10/8/2007, 08:34 PM
UMM, If herby is doing the color on ABC how is he going to be hear?

He does the show in the morning and then flies to wherever he's doing the night game. He's been doing it all season.

OUHOMER
10/8/2007, 08:38 PM
He does the show in the morning and then flies to wherever he's doing the night game. He's been doing it all season.
That would suck

Paperclip
10/8/2007, 08:40 PM
Yeah, must suck to have to watch all that football. ;)

It's not always that far. When he did Gameday at Oregon he was doing the night game with USC at Washington. Last week he did the Purdue/Ohio State game after Gameday in Baton Rouge.

colinreturn
10/8/2007, 09:35 PM
but fsn will broadcast?

Ash
10/8/2007, 11:12 PM
I'd like to make a comment, but I've been informed that I don't have the street cred quite yet.

ouwasp
10/8/2007, 11:18 PM
gameday, shmameday. I will be be there, with my Dad! Attending at least one Sooner game a year together for the last 29 years. :) Hope we have a few more years together Dad (he's almost 77). And some more Sooner victories...

Thanks for taking me to that west virginny game back in '78...

SOONERnTx
10/8/2007, 11:55 PM
I cant start threads, but this should go here anyway......VOTE on the gameday site OU is behind!

http://sports.espn.go.com/espntv/espnMicrosite?showID=FBCG

OU-HSV
10/9/2007, 12:18 AM
I just voted a few times

snp
10/9/2007, 01:20 AM
So where do you guys want the set to be?

Petro-Sooner
10/9/2007, 12:32 PM
Wheres this option at? I'm not seeing it.

soonersweetie
10/9/2007, 04:45 PM
it is at the very top

says pick the winner and you click on ou or missouri

StoopTroup
10/9/2007, 05:08 PM
HEH.

Stanford gives UCS's Booty the Shocker

Petro-Sooner
10/9/2007, 06:54 PM
it is at the very top

says pick the winner and you click on ou or missouri

Ahh, I thought I was looking for a place to vote on WHERE they would set up their set up on campus.

SOONERnTx
10/10/2007, 07:59 AM
No Tickets left on soonersports.com!!!!!!!!

illinisooner
10/10/2007, 09:54 AM
Ahh, I thought I was looking for a place to vote on WHERE they would set up their set up on campus.

I'm guessing north of the stadium

tdsooner1321
10/11/2007, 03:39 PM
I'm guessing north of the stadium

They just said on 107.7 that they would be over by the track west of Heisman park.

Crucifax Autumn
10/13/2007, 02:43 AM
i still say someone needs to throw a brick at herbstreit.

zeke
10/13/2007, 07:41 AM
The early preview clip of Gameday at around 7:30am Corso said that Oklahoma was the top 10 team who would most likely to get beat. Herbstreit said OU will win.

Chrisrokc
10/13/2007, 12:30 PM
But at the end of the Gameday show they did their real predictions. The last on was OU vs Mizzu.

Lee put his head under the desk and came up with

A boomer mask on and roughneck stick. :D

bigdsooner
10/13/2007, 09:37 PM
OU in the top 3 after today. no doubt about it. #6 beats #11.....best game of the day so far

LittleWingSooner
10/13/2007, 10:40 PM
OU in the top 3 after today. no doubt about it. #6 beats #11.....best game of the day so far

I think OU ends up 4th.

Ohio State, USF, and BC will be above OU. LSU scares me they could fall to 4th since they lost on the road to a good Kentucky team.