PDA

View Full Version : So proud of Bradford, DeMarco, Kelly...

Soonerus
10/6/2007, 08:14 PM
...and of the Sooners, Loftin with strip, Reggie's great play, Gresahm, Iggy, Manuel, Granger, McCoy, literally everybody...great SOONERS !!!!!!!!!

Petro-Sooner
10/6/2007, 08:15 PM
Bradford is sub-par at best.

EDIT: Before people get their panties in a wad I'll go ahead and add the ;) :rolleyes:

Soonerus
10/6/2007, 08:16 PM
Bradford is sub-par at best.

get fricken serious....

r5TPsooner
10/6/2007, 08:17 PM
Lofton stripping the ball from Charles might be OU's "play" of the year.

soonergirlNeugene
10/6/2007, 08:20 PM
Yep, proud of all our guys today. Especially Bradford, our "certified Cherokee Indian." Great leadership, brilliant execution, but it was teamwork that won the day.

Soonerus
overcame adversity and WON !!!!

kevpks
This is what OU football is all about. Great players making a name for themselves in Dallas. Those big plays will always be remembered. This group has a really bright future...and present.

Soonerus
10/6/2007, 08:21 PM
This is what OU football is all about. Great players making a name for themselves in Dallas. Those big plays will always be remembered. This group has a really bright future...and present.

You are exactly right !

zeke
10/6/2007, 08:27 PM
They nutted up and made the plays they had to to WIN the game!

BOOMER SOONER

Triumph
10/6/2007, 08:36 PM
I was really proud of our wide receivers today especially iggy. I thought the last two years our wide outs were manhandled in Dallas, curling up in the fetal position once they got hit in the mouth. They showed up today, big time.

BASSooner
10/6/2007, 08:37 PM
One thing I noticed.

NO TURNOVERS!

rubyspirit
10/6/2007, 09:21 PM
http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~janicesmith/emotions/thumb.gif

Crucifax Autumn
10/7/2007, 02:14 AM
No turnovers is the best news of the day IMO...Other than wining I mean.

Flagstaffsooner
10/7/2007, 02:19 AM
Happy Birthday present for the King.

Crucifax Autumn
10/7/2007, 04:14 AM
What I'm most proud of is the fact that it was a team effort on neutral ground against an opponent that was really challenging us. When our guys play as a team and everyone gives their best effort we are invincible.

OUGuf
10/7/2007, 04:23 AM
What the hell is up with the "Certified Cherokee Indian" label they put on Bradfords profile?
Could you imaging if they had a "Certified African American" on Kelly?
Last I looked we are all "Americans" and think it does nothing but foster racism to put labels on people.
Maybe I should start calling myself a "Certified Cuban, German American"
WTF.

/rant off

but yeah the guys played well today, but I still want to see the swagger they had the first several games. I miss our 62 point average and want it back.

Seems the secondary needs to tighten up abit as well.

soonergirlNeugene
10/7/2007, 04:31 AM
Being a Cherokee, it makes me proud to see it mentioned. I'd rather have that kind of nod than whatever honor we're supposedly being done by the Cleveland Indians mascot.

Good for Bradford, that means his Oklahoma roots run deep indeed.

Crucifax Autumn
10/7/2007, 04:37 AM
Makes me proud too..Also largely Cherokee. The problem is the "certified" part! Makes it sound like he's got numbers tattooed on his forearm or something!

And yeah...the Cleveland Indians Mascot looks like a drunk Indian in some black and white era western. But hey, it's Cleveland...even a cartoonish, offensive, drunken native American is a better image than if they used something more "ohio". I don't mean to say that makes it less offensive, but it's less retarded than if they had some drew carey looking loser of a white guy on their uniforms!

KantoSooner
10/7/2007, 06:28 AM
As a Scots-Irish-German-Cherokee (who is 'registered' to vote in tribal elections, maybe that's what they meant), I'm not taking offense. If Sam does, he can speak up.

Question: I am not proposing this for this season, but what does our august panel thing about the ability of our offense to handle a no-huddle next year? I think Bradford has the ability to make the reads at the line and adjust if necessary and the rest of the guys seem to have the brain power to focus and get it done. Now - caveat: I listen to the games, I can't see them as I don't get video over here, so I'm honestly asking for opinion on this. Maybe I'm way off, but it occured to me this morning as I was listening that having an increased tempo would make our offense very scary to defend against.
Thoughts?

MarylandSooner
10/7/2007, 06:39 AM
My wife is a "certified Creek Indian" from Oklahoma and she said it makes her proud every time they mention Sam as being a American Indian. She also said one day that if Sam keeps kicking butt we will probably see him on the cover of Sports Illistrated in some kind of Indian outfit holding a OU Helmut. She thinks that would be cool.

King Crimson
10/7/2007, 07:16 AM
the national media is clueless when it comes to "Native American" history....like most of the nation.

KantoSooner
10/7/2007, 09:37 AM
with Oklahoma being as identified with native americans as it is, I would see nothing wrong with war paint. Clear it with the tribal governments (I suspect they'd have no problem) and let 'er roll.

Might not be a bad idea to have some our veterans come in and talk to the team about what you do when the sh*t really hits the fan.

SoonerBOI
10/7/2007, 10:04 AM
just hoping that MK stays for another year.