PDA

View Full Version : Question For People Who Watch Lots Of College Football

r5TPsooner
10/6/2007, 08:08 PM
Name one team that has better skilled position players than OU has.

Petro-Sooner
10/6/2007, 08:14 PM
Tulane.

Frozen Sooner
10/6/2007, 08:14 PM
USC

r5TPsooner
10/6/2007, 08:16 PM
USC

Name the player and position. And please don't say Booty because he's more overrated than Wisconsin is.

SoonerBorn68
10/6/2007, 08:16 PM
LSU

Florida

LittleWingSooner
10/6/2007, 08:17 PM
LSU is better everywhere except WR and maybe RB(it's a push)

SoonerBorn68
10/6/2007, 08:17 PM
Tebow's pretty dern good.

r5TPsooner
10/6/2007, 08:18 PM
LSU is better everywhere except WR and maybe RB(it's a push)

Are you watching the same LSU that I've been watching? There QB is the Nate Hybl of college football.

JohnnyMack
10/6/2007, 08:20 PM
There QB is the Nate Hybl of college football.

Whaa?

Petro-Sooner
10/6/2007, 08:20 PM
Are you watching the same LSU that I've been watching? There QB is the Nate Hybl of college football.

Can't.............resist........sub......par...... .comment..........

OUinFLA
10/6/2007, 08:21 PM
Colts

you didnt specify :D

r5TPsooner
10/6/2007, 08:22 PM
I meant that in a good sorta way. The LSU QB does just enough to win and let's his defense do the rest.

But you wouldn't want the game decided by him and him alone.

Frozen Sooner
10/6/2007, 08:22 PM
Name the player and position. And please don't say Booty because he's more overrated than Wisconsin is.

When you've got a player as good as Emmanuel Moody transferring because he's never going to see the field, that's an indication that your RBs are pretty darn good. While I love DeMarco, Chris, and AP, I happen to think that USC's RBs are better.

At WR, Malcolm Kelly is the only guy we've got that I think would start at USC. Again, love all our guys to death and wouldn't trade, but USC has an edge there.

Frozen Sooner
10/6/2007, 08:23 PM

Matt Flynn won a conference championship and a Rose Bowl?

r5TPsooner
10/6/2007, 08:26 PM
When you've got a player as good as Emmanuel Moody transferring because he's never going to see the field, that's an indication that your RBs are pretty darn good. While I love DeMarco, Chris, and AP, I happen to think that USC's RBs are better.

At WR, Malcolm Kelly is the only guy we've got that I think would start at USC. Again, love all our guys to death and wouldn't trade, but USC has an edge there.

Hmmmmn.... Good points but OU had a few solid RB's transfer as well.

rubyspirit
10/6/2007, 08:30 PM
Tebow's pretty dern good.

Yeah I watching Florida and LSU on CBS. GOOD game.

Personally, I don't think anyone is better than OU. Ha!

Frozen Sooner
10/6/2007, 08:31 PM
Well, sure. And if Adrian Peterson were still here, I'd give OU the edge at RB. He's not, so I don't.

r5TPsooner
10/6/2007, 08:34 PM
Well, sure. And if Adrian Peterson were still here, I'd give OU the edge at RB. He's not, so I don't.

DeMarco is a good as anyone that SC has at RB. At best SC and OU is a push. I do however think that SC has a better defense than OU has right now. Especially on the O line.

Frozen Sooner
10/6/2007, 08:37 PM
Debatable on the RBs, but I guess it's a matter of opinion. Were DeMarco at USC, he'd be a DB-at least, that's what USC was recruiting him as.

AllAboutThe'O'
10/6/2007, 08:38 PM
I would say that Cal has a comparable quarterback and receivers. West Virginia may have a better backfield but they're not as solid in the receiving corps.

r5TPsooner
10/6/2007, 08:42 PM
I would say that Cal has a comparable quarterback and receivers. West Virginia may have a better backfield but they're not as solid in the receiving corps.

I agree on all accounts. Maybe Oregon as well at times.

OklaPony
10/6/2007, 08:45 PM
Does anyone have a better pair of TE's than OU?

OUinFLA
10/6/2007, 09:26 PM

well..... Texas TE's looked pretty impressive today.

sooneron
10/6/2007, 09:39 PM
DeMarco is a good as anyone that SC has at RB. At best SC and OU is a push. I do however think that SC has a better defense than OU has right now. Especially on the O line.
:confused:

LittleWingSooner
10/6/2007, 09:56 PM

I was thinking skill positions not QB, DL or OL. I like OU's OLine and QB better than LSU's. LSU has a much better DLine.

RBs-Push because of LSU's depth. I like OU's top guys better but LSU has like 6 guys that are good.
WR-OU
CB-LSU
S-LSU

LSU also is much better than we are at LB.

tommieharris91
10/6/2007, 10:02 PM
Skill positions, guys. That means all of the talent on the roster listed at QB, RB, and WR.

I gotta with anyone that says Cal. Longshore ain't a bad QB, and Jeff Tedford knows how to develop QBs. Forsett is a good young RB. Jackson is a playmaker at WR. I really don't know much about their depth at those positions, though.

I have OU 3rd on the list, behind Cal and Oregon.

LittleWingSooner
10/6/2007, 10:06 PM
Skill positions, guys. That means all of the talent on the roster listed at QB, RB, and WR.

I gotta with anyone that says Cal. Longshore ain't a bad QB, and Jeff Tedford knows how to develop QBs. Forsett is a good young RB. Jackson is a playmaker at WR. I really don't know much about their depth at those positions, though.

I have OU 3rd on the list, behind Cal and Oregon.

I think of skill positions as the ones where you have the fast guys like WR, DB, RB. Not QB. You can have a slow 5-8 guy at QB tear defenses up.

tommieharris91
10/6/2007, 10:13 PM
Skill positions were always defined as QBs, RB, and WRs.

LittleWingSooner
10/6/2007, 10:16 PM
Okay maybe Florida is better at QB and WR. They don't have better RBs unless you count Tebow.

USC is probably better at RB and maybe QB. Although I wouldn't take Booty over Bradford. Some people might.

LSU is better or as good at RB. If Parriloux plays they may be better at QB. But Flynn isn't near as good as Bradford. I like our WRs over LSU's.

No one else is really even close.

Curly Bill
10/7/2007, 01:09 AM

Those two at Missouri are pretty good. I like Gresham as much or better then their two, JJF though...I don't know.

Here's hoping this coming weekend OU's perform better though!

CUinNC
10/7/2007, 05:02 AM
WE may. if we had some Effin' Coaches who knew how to use our strengths..

we are wasting some exceptional talent...a shame

Congrats on a big Win

stoopified
10/7/2007, 09:58 AM
Are you watching the same LSU that I've been watching? There QB is the Nate Hybl of college football.I f you said Bomar I would agree with you.
THERE IS NO QB IN AMERICA BETTER THAN SLINGIN'SAMMY.Not Booty,not Tebow,not Flynn,not Harrell,not ANYONE.