PDA

View Full Version : After the game...

OUinFLA
10/6/2007, 07:18 PM
when bonnie bimbo was interviewing Sam, ABC in their usual display of getting the camera angle all wrong, showed only the top of a grey head coming up behind Sam's left shoulder.
I think the grey head said "Good game, son" and waited on Sam to turn his way and he said, "Thanks Coach".

Now, Im kinda thinking by the hairline that was visible, it was Mack Brown congratulating Sam for his play. If so, it was a classy move by Brown, and a big boo to ABC for not capturing it to be seen on National TV.

I guess I could be wrong. Perhaps one of you game recorder types might check it out.

Heck of a good game. Im exhausted.

aero
10/6/2007, 07:20 PM
My exact thoughts.

utex74
10/6/2007, 07:23 PM
when bonnie bimbo was interviewing Sam, ABC in their usual display of getting the camera angle all wrong, showed only the top of a grey head coming up behind Sam's left shoulder.
I think the grey head said "Good game, son" and waited on Sam to turn his way and he said, "Thanks Coach".

Now, Im kinda thinking by the hairline that was visible, it was Mack Brown congratulating Sam for his play. If so, it was a classy move by Brown, and a big boo to ABC for not capturing it to be seen on National TV.

I guess I could be wrong. Perhaps one of you game recorder types might check it out.

Heck of a good game. Im exhausted.

I'm pretty sure it was Mack.

meoveryouxinfinity
10/6/2007, 07:24 PM
It was most definitely him.

jps
10/6/2007, 07:27 PM
It was him. You could see his face right as he entered the picture.

aurorasooner
10/6/2007, 07:29 PM
We give Mack a lot of s*&t just because he's the Texas' coach, but I really think that Mack's a class act and is dealing with a lot of off-the-field player problems similar to what Barry had to deal with. I think he's probably learned some lessons about excuses like Coach-take-a-knee, & "it was the wind", and "I'll answer that for Chris" don't cut it and it's not what the supporting fans want. Looked like to me they came into this game with a helluva game plan on both O and D and the 2 turnovers cost them big. Tough loss for him 4 Big 12 games in a row. ouch.

olevetonahill
10/6/2007, 07:29 PM
It was him. You could see his face right as he entered the picture.
Was his Jowels Clappin ?

meoveryouxinfinity
10/6/2007, 07:30 PM
Isn't it like automatic for coaches to do that (congratulate the opposition)? I mean... it's pretty common, is it not?

PLaw
10/6/2007, 07:30 PM
It was Mack and it was classy.

BTW, nice job by Slingin' Sammy with the interview.

BOOMER

Blue
10/7/2007, 04:49 AM
Macks always been a class act. He was trying to be hardcore with the shades today, but hey, it's like your dad wearing his new New Balance tennis shoes. Let it sliide.

Anyway, Mack is a quality guy. However I'm glad he's their coach and not ours.

Crucifax Autumn
10/7/2007, 04:53 AM
Generally that's true, though in the past blaming losses on everything other than coaching or players was pretty classless and dumb. I guess he's learning how to lose or figuring that a loss for his kids is better than the 5-10 years they'll eventually all be facing!

AlbqSooner
10/7/2007, 06:54 AM
Macks always been a class act. He was trying to be hardcore with the shades today, but hey, it's like your dad wearing his new New Balance tennis shoes. Let it sliide.
Back off man! I was wearing my new New Balance Tennis shoes during the game yesterday. With a EEE shoe size I got little choice in sneaks.;)

zeke
10/7/2007, 07:01 AM
It was Mack and it was classy.

BTW, nice job by Slingin' Sammy with the interview.

BOOMER

+1

WakeflyingSooner
10/7/2007, 07:15 AM
The Texas players stated that Oklahoma showed alot of class with the win.

King Crimson
10/7/2007, 07:33 AM
my Dad wears New Balance. we've got big ol' flat farmer feet in my family...and NB is all about that.

wanna t'row?

OU-HSV
10/7/2007, 07:35 AM
I thought it was mack too

Animal Mother
10/7/2007, 07:42 AM
Watched six or seven times (or was it drank six or seven beers?? No.It was both!) It was Mack. I saw him and heard him through the headphones. I'm half a hundred. I don't call them buds. Buds is what I drink!!!

jrsooner
10/7/2007, 07:57 AM
And there was photos on some of the newsites where Stoops was talking with Colt.

soonerloyal
10/7/2007, 08:22 AM
I took notice of both Brown's and Bradford's honorable and respectful acknowledgement to each other. And I was impressed and proud of them. I'm glad to hear that Stoops and McCoy did the same.

I have to say, in my 48 years of Soonerness, that yesterday's RRS was in the top three. A gritty slugfest. I'm thrilled the win was captured by our boys.

We give the horns a merciless hard time, and they gladly do the same. But yesterday we saw some of the best traits of college football, and the nation got to see how coaches and fans should behave. (I know some tu fans are angry with English with that hit, but I keep watching the clip repeatedly; combined with what people say about him as a person, and I simply don't think he heard that whistle.) Compare that with the huge nastiness that we saw from a stadium of LSU fans...and the lack of good breeding and taste that is Les Miles.

OU and tu are rightfully proud - and we're all damn glad we aren't like them.
(Now somebody please geaux knock the crap out of them so they don't feel so high and mighty)

The RRS - best damn rivalry in CFB. Period. Woo-HOO!!

aurorasooner
10/7/2007, 08:32 AM
He was trying to be hardcore with the shades today, but hey, it's like your dad wearing his new New Balance tennis shoes. Analogy of the year. Too funny. I was thinking the exact same thing about Mack and his shades during the TV sideline shots. However, I never thought of my Dad wearing New Balance's, but he was damn proud of his Nike's.

boomersooner28
10/7/2007, 10:23 AM
I could have swore it was Coach Schmitty, BUT I did accidentaly erase the damn game off of my DVR, so I am going by news replays. :mad:

SanDiegoSoonerGal
10/7/2007, 11:12 AM
We do give Mack a lot of grief, but he's got more class in his little finger than Pete Carroll has in his whole body.

SoonerBob
10/7/2007, 11:31 AM
It was Mack......also in the The Oklahoman this morning it mentioned that before the game Mack left the pregame shmooze with Bob Stoops and went over to John Williams and gave him some words of encouragement since Williams is going to miss the rest of the season.

In contrast, apparently Pete Carrol failed to shake the hand of Jim Harbaugh last night after USC got beat at home by one of the worst teams in Div 1 football.

BetterSoonerThanLater
10/7/2007, 11:33 AM
We do give Mack a lot of grief, but he's got more class in his little finger than Pete Carroll has in his whole body.

My thoughts exactely. did anyone happen to catch Petey's post game interview? not one congratulatory word spoken on behalf of stanfords' efforts and their back-up QB. he's definately a tool

OKC-SLC
10/7/2007, 11:34 AM
I'm very certain it was Mack.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/7/2007, 11:41 AM
MAYBE, slowly but surely those 4 and 5 star guys in SoCal will sign with someone other than suc?!?!?

GottaHavePride
10/7/2007, 12:17 PM
It was definitely Mack. You could see his face on the HD broadcast - it might have been chopped off on the regular channel.

tulsaoilerfan
10/7/2007, 12:39 PM
Yeah, we saw it here at the house, and it was a nice move by Mack

aero
10/7/2007, 12:52 PM
We give him a lot of grief but Mack is o.k. He was touched by greatness as an assistant here, which is surely why he got the ut job. Funny how they need some Okie connection to win a NC. Mack is the perfect lackey to Bob's supremeness. Go Mack!

oupride
10/7/2007, 01:54 PM
It was him.

bluedogok
10/7/2007, 02:47 PM
I don't have a problem with Mack, he could have very well have been the coach at OU after Gibbs if Watson wasn't a fringe candidate.

There are some good pics on The Statesman website (http://www.statesman.com/news/mediahub/media/slideshow/index.jsp?tId=38604). Including one that I saw in the paper that looked pretty funny.

Mack
http://bluedogok.com/mack.jpg

Bob & Colt
http://bluedogok.com/Bob-Colt.jpg

Stunned Whorns
http://bluedogok.com/stunned1.jpg
http://bluedogok.com/stunned2.jpg

SoonerGM
10/7/2007, 02:59 PM
Isn't it like automatic for coaches to do that (congratulate the opposition)? I mean... it's pretty common, is it not?

not for pete carol

boomersooner28
10/7/2007, 03:13 PM
I could have swore it was Coach Schmitty, BUT I did accidentaly erase the damn game off of my DVR, so I am going by news replays. :mad:

Oops wrong clip. Just watched the replay and yes that was Mack.

aurorasooner
10/7/2007, 03:19 PM
There are some good pics on The Statesman website. Including one that I saw in the paper that looked pretty funny.
thx, for the link. The AAS game photographers put the DO game photographers to shame. I looked at the game photos from the DO and they're just pitiful compared to the DMN's and the AAS's. http://img126.imageshack.us/img126/8066/screenshot031li3.jpg

HappyClappyMackBrown
10/7/2007, 03:27 PM
Meh, i'd still rather have Pete Caroll Coaching my team rather then Mack Brown. Class act or not, it all comes down to winning the big games, Caroll does that, Mack does not.

cvsooner
10/7/2007, 05:29 PM
Yeah, well, according to the radio broadcast of the SC-Stanford game last night here in Southern Cal (on the Trojan radio network), the announcer was surprised SC's players didn't shake hands, either. He then noted the Stanford players were then really busy celebrating.

Carroll said in a post-game interview he was stunned. Still doesn't believe it happened. Can't accept it.

Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy. :)

I can't tell you how happy I am we've had so many wild upsets this year. Takes a lot of the sting about the Boise State game away. We're no longer the exception to the rule.

r5TPsooner
10/7/2007, 05:32 PM
Do I see tears in the eyes of grown horn men?

bluedogok
10/7/2007, 05:54 PM
When I first saw this in B&W in the newspaper it looked more like Mack was patting English on the rear. The color photo is a bit clearer.

http://bluedogok.com/mack.jpg

Remembering Tom Stidham
10/7/2007, 06:13 PM
I have knwn Mack Brown since he was a young assistant on Donnie Duncan's Iowa State team. He was CLASS then and he STILL is. We became close friends then and have stayed so. I was sitting with Mack's first wife, Debbie, in Austin when Iowa State almost beat Royal's Texas team. She said to me: "It is so wonderful to be on a staff where everyone is a Christian." Even though that marriage did not work out, she reflected Mack's attitude about life.

kbsooner
10/7/2007, 06:19 PM
Speaking of Bonnie B, that chicks got some crazy biceps veins going on, looked like a garden hose under saran wrap. Does she superset some preacher curls before hitting the sidelines? Screen shot anyone?

Sooner_Havok
10/7/2007, 06:19 PM
This just goes to show... Why was NU our rival? They had a tradition to match our own, and had a group of classy fans. Why is UT OUr rival? Same thing. UT and NU don't have the Penis envy that every other Big XII team has. They have been there before, and they know they will be there again, so what is the point of being a classless jerk?

We give each other hell, but in a more sibling kind of way. Neither team is jealous of what the other has. Of course each team wants to win, but they also realize that it is only a matter of time till the tables turn.

A Sooner in Texas
10/7/2007, 06:44 PM
NU and UT have been our rivals because typically it was OU and NU at the top of the Big 8 heap every year and now it's OU and UT at the top of the Big XII South heap every year.
Your true rivals are the ones most like you...hard to beat and the ones you worry about the most to get to a conference and then national championship.
So by that definition, osu will never truly be our rival...just our biyatch. :D

OUmillenium
10/7/2007, 06:54 PM
I took notice of both Brown's and Bradford's honorable and respectful acknowledgement to each other. And I was impressed and proud of them. I'm glad to hear that Stoops and McCoy did the same.

I have to say, in my 48 years of Soonerness, that yesterday's RRS was in the top three. A gritty slugfest. I'm thrilled the win was captured by our boys.

We give the horns a merciless hard time, and they gladly do the same. But yesterday we saw some of the best traits of college football, and the nation got to see how coaches and fans should behave. (I know some tu fans are angry with English with that hit, but I keep watching the clip repeatedly; combined with what people say about him as a person, and I simply don't think he heard that whistle.) Compare that with the huge nastiness that we saw from a stadium of LSU fans...and the lack of good breeding and taste that is Les Miles.

OU and tu are rightfully proud - and we're all damn glad we aren't like them.
(Now somebody please geaux knock the crap out of them so they don't feel so high and mighty)

The RRS - best damn rivalry in CFB. Period. Woo-HOO!!

I agree it doesn't look like he heard the whistle. Colt did sort of "relax" but players are coached to "not let up" in case it is a playfake. Looked bad but was not a dirty play.

Sooner_Havok
10/7/2007, 07:03 PM
It was not a Dusty-Chrissy type hit, no