PDA

View Full Version : More proof Baylor is pathetic...

crawfish
10/6/2007, 06:51 PM
Are they the only school that advertises during everybody else's games? :rolleyes:

SicEmBaylor
10/6/2007, 07:03 PM
Are they the only school that advertises during everybody else's games? :rolleyes:
Why on this God's green earth would you possibly care?

LilSooner
10/6/2007, 07:12 PM
Well hell they have to get on TV somehow. They sure ain't going to do it playing football.

SicEmBaylor
10/6/2007, 07:15 PM
What a useless thread.

Okla-homey
10/6/2007, 07:19 PM
Baylor is a fine alternative for those who can't cut the mustard at an Oklahoma univeristy. Just saying.

SicEmBaylor
10/6/2007, 07:21 PM
Baylor is a fine alternative for those who can't cut the mustard in an Oklahoma univeristy. Just saying.
Uh, there isn't a university in the entire state, public or private, that is higher ranked than Baylor. I don't think much of rankings, but since you seem to then I'm just sayin'

SoonerTerry
10/6/2007, 07:24 PM
I like Baylor, they play hard and show good sportsmanship, at least in the games I've seen.

Okla-homey
10/6/2007, 07:25 PM
Uh, there isn't a university in the entire state, public or private, that is higher ranked than Baylor. I don't think much of rankings, but since you seem to then I'm just sayin'

I'm still waiting on proof of admission to an Oklahoma university.;)

proof talks...BS walks.

SicEmBaylor
10/6/2007, 08:06 PM
I'm still waiting on proof of admission to an Oklahoma university.;)

proof talks...BS walks.

Man, I wish I'd saved that acceptance letter to Claremore Community College.

SoonerTerry
10/6/2007, 08:14 PM
I like Baylor, this is a BS thread.. Soonerterry

Frozen Sooner
10/6/2007, 08:14 PM
Had to give it to Baylor so they'd match, eh?

proud gonzo
10/6/2007, 08:24 PM
methinks SicEm's a little touchy :rolleyes:

OCUDad
10/6/2007, 08:27 PM
I'm still trying to figure out why we need more proof.

SicEmBaylor
10/6/2007, 08:30 PM
I'm still trying to figure out why we need more proof.
Well, aside from our truly pathetic performance in football, I hope you aren't confusing me for the university itself. We're different entities you see.....

Frozen Sooner
10/6/2007, 08:31 PM
Well, aside from our truly pathetic performance in football, I hope you aren't confusing me for the university itself. We're different entities you see.....

WE ARE BAYLOR!

OCUDad
10/6/2007, 09:12 PM
SicEm, I don't consider you and the university to be one and the same. However, it could be argued that you are a representative example of the results of the school's admission process. From there it's a brief Hegelian trip to the inescapable conclusion. :D

Mjcpr
10/6/2007, 09:16 PM
SicEm, I don't consider you and the university to be one and the same. However, it could be argued that you are a representative example of the results of the school's admission process. From there it's a brief Hegelian trip to the inescapable conclusion. :D

Yeah, that's all well and good but we have Soonerus and countless other ****tards so.....

OCUDad
10/6/2007, 09:18 PM
Nobody said Baylor was alone in its patheticness...patheticity? pathetitude?

sanantoniosooner
10/6/2007, 09:27 PM
Nobody said Baylor was alone in its patheticness...patheticity? pathetitude?
You need some new stratigery

SoonerBorn68
10/6/2007, 10:00 PM
Ya'll leave our little Baptist buddy alone.

ChickSoonerFan
10/6/2007, 10:32 PM
I want to give this thread 5 stars but I am afraid it might be misconstrued.

Oh well, I will do it anyways. At least I will know why, and that's all that really matters.

:)

crawfish
10/6/2007, 10:50 PM
This thread has far exceeded my expectations. :D

M
10/6/2007, 11:55 PM
Didn't Baylor kick out those girls who posed in Playboy's "Girls of the Big 12" issue?

SicEmBaylor
10/7/2007, 12:18 AM
Didn't Baylor kick out those girls who posed in Playboy's "Girls of the Big 12" issue?
Man, that came out of no where!

The girl who posed in the last issue wasn't kicked out because she had already graduated by the time the issue was released. In that same issue, however, a frat and some chicks in bikinis (no nudity) posed with a BU flag and everyone in the photo was put on probation and the frat in question was suspended for a semester.

SicEmBaylor
10/7/2007, 01:06 AM
I really feel compelled at this point to offer a general defense of both myself and Baylor. Some of these comments aren't totally germane to the original post but reflect attitudes that have been expressed by others elsewhere in the past regarding myself and Baylor.

First, I'm really not sure what is pathetic about Baylor running ads when other schools are playing. It may be pathetic for a school like OU with a rich athletic tradition, but since we're in the process of trying to build something from nothing then could you please excuse the fact that we're trying to promote ourselves for the purposes of becoming more competitive. If you complain about what a cream puff we are then you shouldn't have a problem with our advertising.

Second, Baylor University is an excellent school that I am proud of each and every day. The professors that I have had throughout my very long undergraduate career are some of the best individuals that I have ever had the privilege to know. You're very lucky to even have a full fledged professor teaching your courses at many larger universities that instead lean heavily on graduate students. We're primarily a teaching university -- we are traditionally not a research institution although that is quickly changing. This has hurt our ranking (we're ranked 76th in the nation in case you care) since our professors do more teaching than research as is the case at larger more traditional universities. I have never had a professor who wasn't concerned about my personal progress along with that of every other student. I've never been a number at this school. I'm reasonably certain that there isn't a single professor that I couldn't turn to with any problem that I'm having whether it be academic or personal. That is not to say that Baylor makes it easy for students. Quite the contrary, the classroom work at Baylor is quite difficult and I've talked to transfer students from many of the larger public universities in the state and elsewhere comment on how difficult the classroom work at Baylor is compared to where they transfered from.

I'm not sure why anyone would really consider us pathetic unless you're strictly talking about our football/basketball program. I've always thought Baylor fans were mostly very classy folks who don't exactly exhibit the same behavior that one might expect at say Colorado or Kansas State. Most Baylor fans from what I've been able to tell, certainly including myself, have a generally favorable opinion of OU. Mostly that's probably due to the old adage that, "the enemy of my enemy is my friend." Still, It's very rare that I find someone with outright hatred for OU, so I'm puzzled why any OU fan would exhibit a hatred or even general dislike of Baylor. I think we're way too benign to hate.

Lastly, I'm incredibly puzzled by this notion that I couldn't get into an Oklahoma school. That's so utterly bizarre to me that I don't even know how to begin to respond to it. OU was always my first choice as a school, but I had parents who totally refused to pay or entertain the thought of me attending the University of Oklahoma. Their choice was OSU of cource which I never liked and had no desire to attend. The only other serious option was Tulsa which never really had much appeal to me. It's nothing against Tulsa -- I just never saw myself going to school there. It was also way the hell too close to home, and I really wanted to get away from home for once in my life. I visited Baylor having known absolutely nothing about the school and fell in love with the place. It was the only place, other than OU, that I could seriously picture myself attending.

I'm really not sure how going to Baylor makes some people believe that I couldn't get into a school in Oklahoma unless it has something to do with my political views and general lack of common sense. I readily admit that I don't have a lot of "street smarts." As far as my political views go, I guess I have to start issuing a disclaimer that my views do NOT represent those of Baylor university or in any way reflect what I am taught in the classroom. As at most schools, Baylor's PoliSci department is 100% liberal and Democratic. Yet, I do not take everything they say as the gospel truth otherwise I along with every other student would also be a liberal Democrat.

I do have eccentric political beliefs and have my own interpretation of some historical events, but I'm dumbfounded by the fact that I have to sit here and explain that a person can both have a personal opinion/interpretation of an issue/event and understanding the popular interpretation of those events/issues. Never ever mistake my personal opinions for lack of understanding the popularly held view of subject matter.

So, if you hate Baylor then you can kiss my ***. If you hate me then I apologize for whatever it is that I did to warrant such feelings.

That is all,
Sic 'Em Bears!
Boomer Sooner!

sanantoniosooner
10/7/2007, 01:08 AM
Did somebody leave some gonads at your place by accident?;)

Scott D
10/7/2007, 01:13 AM
you really should give those testicles back to whomever they belong before they file a police report.

oh, and both waco and baylor can suck it. :)

M
10/7/2007, 01:24 AM
Man, that came out of no where!

The girl who posed in the last issue wasn't kicked out because she had already graduated by the time the issue was released. In that same issue, however, a frat and some chicks in bikinis (no nudity) posed with a BU flag and everyone in the photo was put on probation and the frat in question was suspended for a semester.

Well the title of this thread is "More proof Baylor is pathetic..." and apparently they have something against tittayys ;)

OCUDad
10/7/2007, 09:55 AM
So, if you hate Baylor then you can kiss my ***. If you hate me then I apologize for whatever it is that I did to warrant such feelings."Hate" is such a strong word, SicEm. Try substituting the word "pity" and see if it makes a difference.

BudSooner
10/7/2007, 11:07 AM
This thread is worthless without said pics of Baylor girls who were thrown out, becuase of magazine.

SicEmBaylor
10/7/2007, 11:10 AM
This thread is worthless without said pics of Baylor girls who were thrown out, becuase of magazine.
Google it. Her name is Lorali Roberts, but don't GIS because that yields no results.

r5TPsooner
10/7/2007, 11:54 AM
Well hell they have to get on TV somehow. They sure ain't going to do it playing football.

Unless they play OU.

BudSooner
10/7/2007, 12:24 PM
You can take the boy out of the Zima but you can't take the Zima out of the boy. :D

Newbomb Turk
10/7/2007, 12:43 PM
Some of these comments aren't totally germane to the original post

[sheriff Justice] The g.d. Germans got nothing to do with it [/sheriff Justice]

SoonerBorn68
10/7/2007, 01:01 PM
...So, if you hate Baylor then you can kiss my ***. If you hate me then I apologize for whatever it is that I did to warrant such feelings.

That blows the Helender post away! Good for you Sic.

SoonerBorn68
10/7/2007, 01:02 PM
But, don't leave. You amuse me. :D

Scott D
10/7/2007, 01:31 PM
But, don't leave. You amuse me. :D

he's my bitch, you got Mongo. :D

SoonerBorn68
10/7/2007, 01:59 PM
Mongo like candy. :D

crawfish
10/7/2007, 02:17 PM
:D

SicEmBaylor
10/7/2007, 02:24 PM
he's my bitch, you got Mongo. :D
Is anyone my bitch?

1stTimeCaller
10/7/2007, 02:46 PM
Dean is.

SicEmBaylor
10/8/2007, 02:48 PM
Dean is.
And he knows it too!

Chuck Bao
10/8/2007, 04:28 PM
Oh brother! I keep hoping this thread would fall off the front page and never see the light of day again.

Since that doesn’t look likely, I’ll add my two cents.

Baylor may not meet the high standards of some of our esteemed posters here, but it did okay by me. Baylor’s reputation essentially got me my first real job in the Hong Kong stock market.

I have no idea ‘bout the Baylor TV spots. Personally, I’d rather Baylor advertise on the Discovery channel during an American Chopper or Myth Busters episodes.

SoonerStormchaser
12/31/2008, 12:52 AM
I'm feeling nostalgic, so I thought I'd bump this thread.

The funny part is SicEm trying to hack the innerwebs to get said nudie pics of that one Baylor girl who posed for Playboy.

SicEmBaylor
12/31/2008, 02:59 AM
WTF is wrong with you? Seriously.

Scott D
12/31/2008, 10:36 AM
Puppy Love....it's so disgusting in this particular case.