they never show replays .
they dont talk about the game.
they talk about cavemen.

a joke.
a joke.
a joke.

1stTimeCaller
10/6/2007, 04:18 PM
while funny, it's not very cool to keep making remarks about Colt McCoy looking like Opie Taylor and Doug Flutie can lick my taint.

If it was a cheap shot that Austin got on McCoy I think the ref that was standing right there and watched it happen would have thrown his flag.

Their entire broadcast reminds me of a local HS news production. Cheap, cheesy and not very professional.

colinreturn
10/6/2007, 04:23 PM
exxactly

amlah6
10/6/2007, 04:30 PM
At least Cavemen is wittier than Paul Maguire.

Animal Mother
10/6/2007, 04:32 PM
Flutie beat the Canes, but it was 20 plus years ago, so he can bite down hard! The ref knew English couldn't hear or he would have tossed the laundry. Flutie is a yo-yo with no string. Useless.

Petro-Sooner
10/6/2007, 04:58 PM
I think that are better than FSW personally.

rubyspirit
10/6/2007, 06:04 PM
I liked the coverage by ABC.

mizzOUstu702
10/6/2007, 06:08 PM
worst coverage ever

colinreturn
10/6/2007, 06:09 PM
exxactly

JLB
10/6/2007, 06:10 PM
Yeah it was the worse coverage I have seen of the RRSO in a long time.
Paul Maguire is a jerk-off.

rubyspirit
10/6/2007, 06:16 PM
LOL. n00b.

Don't call me names. http://freepages.genealogy.rootsweb.com/~janicesmith/emotions/mad.gif

soonerboomer93
10/6/2007, 06:28 PM
LOL. n00b.

what kind of ****tard are you calling some other poster n00b

n00b

Tailwind
10/6/2007, 06:30 PM
Hahahahha!

soonerboomer93
10/6/2007, 06:33 PM
****ing n00bs

reminds me of a sophomore thinking they could initiate a freshman (back when i was in high school)

tulsaoilerfan
10/6/2007, 06:38 PM
What the hell is he doing on a college game anyway? He lose his NFL gig because he SUX?:D

.Tim
10/6/2007, 06:40 PM
Who the hell was the weird stuttering dude asking questions just now at the press conference?

Getem
10/6/2007, 07:38 PM
I swear everything the 3rd guy out on the platform said was either wrong, irrelevant, or just plain stupid. In between his cheering for the horns, that is. Also, apparently AD was on the sideline, and as far as I could tell they never had a clue he was there. Instead, we got lots of shots of Bevo and other talking inanimate objects. And while I like Bonnie, what was up with her veins?

Petro-Sooner
10/6/2007, 07:40 PM
Who the hell was the weird stuttering dude asking questions just now at the press conference?

Prolly Rusty Olsen. He used to answer phones on the sports animal. Claims to be a media member now.

aurorasooner
10/6/2007, 07:43 PM
I guess I'm in the minority because I really like Griese, Nessler, and Mcguire. They seem to be having fun and imo there's no better announcer than Nessler and no better analyst than Griese and Mcguire just keeps it fun. I'm listening to this fox color guyon the Poke/Aggie game and he's like that ESPN bucknuts Friday night guy. just Yap, Yap, Yap, 90 miles an hour, which I don't prefer. I'm debating whether to just turn the sound off and switch the sound over to the other monitor on ABC as we've got Purdue/Ohio State instead of Notre Dame/UCLA which we were supposed to have according the coverage map. I've got UF/LSU on the 3rd monitor, and ESPN on the 4th waiting for the Missouri/corn game. Stool State seems to be playing well. I think the Gumby tirade worked as to plan, to get them focused, and aTm just doesn't seem to have it together on offense. OSU 7 Aggies zip 9 minutes left in the 2nd.

SoonerBorn68
10/6/2007, 08:11 PM
Their entire broadcast reminds me of a local HS news production. Cheap, cheesy and not very professional.

You're just jealous Bevo reads better than you.

;)

aurorasooner
10/6/2007, 08:18 PM
Good one.
I kind of liked that Mr. Ed/Bevo BS today. But I like off the wall s*&t like that. For a few it eased up my stress from the game. Kudos for them for having Boomer and Sooner and not the Horsepigs. That would've been a disaster.

Indy Sooner
10/6/2007, 10:25 PM
And that moron, Brad Nessler... a mistake with a name or fact every now and then, ok... but every five minutes with this guy. My favorite today may have been his reference to Mangino as "Mangini"...

soonerboomer93
10/6/2007, 10:56 PM

;)

Dexter Manley reads better then 1tc...

toneful
10/7/2007, 12:28 AM
they never show replays .
they dont talk about the game.
they talk about cavemen.

a joke.
a joke.
a joke.

it's like they(ESPN included) have to protect/feed the beast. Any close look at a questionable cal is not allowed, for it calls into question the integrity of the game if there are consitently bad calls. While watching the LSU/Fl game the announcers(lundquist/???) will look at something over and over if it doesn't look right and call it like it is, for the most part.

SoonerGM
10/7/2007, 12:43 AM
i cant stand the guy down on the field who thinks he know everything becuase he is closer to the game. like he can see better than the 6 different tv angles that are zoomed in on the play.

but there is no way that abc is worse than fsn. at least the camera can follow the football on abc!

LittleWingSooner
10/7/2007, 12:45 AM
ABC/ESPN is a joke. They don't really care about the games they do anymore.

Q22
10/7/2007, 12:47 AM
wasn't that bad. geez, stop nitpicking and enjoy the win.

sanantoniosooner
10/7/2007, 12:49 AM
wasn't that bad. geez, stop nitpicking and enjoy the win.
:D

too easy.

Crucifax Autumn
10/7/2007, 02:33 AM
My favorite verbal gaffe of the day was when that one idiot said "fag football".

It was extra funny to me because when we have photo shoots of football teams at work and it turns out to be a flag league I always tell my wife that our son will NOT play fag football.

Flagstaffsooner
10/7/2007, 02:50 AM
Dexter Manley reads better then 1tc...This is classic.

Blue
10/7/2007, 03:13 AM
Lundquist on the Fla defense pressuring Flynn..."And (so and so) was coming all in his face!"

Crucifax Autumn
10/7/2007, 04:03 AM
LMAO...That one was pretty funny too. We certainly know where his mind was!

Rhino
10/7/2007, 04:27 PM
That broadcast team would be 10x better without Paul Maguire.

He brings an air of cheesieness to every game he covers.

King Crimson
10/7/2007, 04:30 PM
i can't stand Flutie. he sucks out loud. pimp the Big East much Doug? the conference having a great bowl record doesn't really mean much when all those bowls were played before Christmas.

cheezyq
10/7/2007, 04:33 PM
I thought it got started off badly, and the boomer/sooner/bevo thing was kind of annoying. But overall it wasn't bad. McGuire is just weird, and his interjections from his perch on the sidelines broke up the flow of the coverage in an odd way. But I think once the game got started, they all settled in and did a decent job.

King Crimson
10/7/2007, 04:35 PM
yeah, the talking animals thing was horrid.

goingoneight
10/7/2007, 04:51 PM
I guess I'm in the minority because I really like Griese, Nessler, and Mcguire. They seem to be having fun and imo there's no better announcer than Nessler and no better analyst than Griese and Mcguire just keeps it fun. I'm listening to this fox color guyon the Poke/Aggie game and he's like that ESPN bucknuts Friday night guy. just Yap, Yap, Yap, 90 miles an hour, which I don't prefer. I'm debating whether to just turn the sound off and switch the sound over to the other monitor on ABC as we've got Purdue/Ohio State instead of Notre Dame/UCLA which we were supposed to have according the coverage map. I've got UF/LSU on the 3rd monitor, and ESPN on the 4th waiting for the Missouri/corn game. Stool State seems to be playing well. I think the Gumby tirade worked as to plan, to get them focused, and aTm just doesn't seem to have it together on offense. OSU 7 Aggies zip 9 minutes left in the 2nd.

Second that.

ouwapiti
10/7/2007, 05:33 PM
nessler kept referring to kansas coach as "mangini"(jets coach) instead of mangino....i think he did it about 2 or 3 times....no one ever corrects them when they make an obvious mistake either...and god knows they make some mistakes !!!!

r5TPsooner
10/7/2007, 05:38 PM

The game was in HD so I was pretty happy. I have to agree that Paul Maguire is a jerk off of epic proportions. The only thing I agreed with him on was when he stated that English's hit on Opie wasn't cheap due to the noise on the field.

ON the other hand... Doug Flutie called the hit a cheap shot by English at halftime. Maybe if Flutie would have played at a real school with more than 500 people in the stands during is games, he would understand how noisy the Cotton Bowl is for the OU-UT game.