PDA

View Full Version : How to buy ESPN gameplan ??

sooner-n-ga
10/6/2007, 08:08 AM
I called the local cable company and they said I could buy it just like a pay per view movie, is this correct ?
I want to buy the yearly option and I don't get the option on my tv to buy either the single game or the full season package.
I live in Georgia and I'm getting FSU and NC State as my local coverage today. I also tried the ESPN Gameplan number, all you get is a very fast busy signal.

Any idea's ?

soonerloyal
10/6/2007, 08:16 AM
Our local cable company (Brighthouse) takes the orders and payments for our area. Didn't yours give you that option? You might try calling them again.

Theskipster
10/6/2007, 08:28 AM
I assume you live in OKlahoma and have Cox. If so You can do it online at:

http://www.cox.com/oklahoma/indemand/espn.asp

Of course you can also call back and hopefully get a clerk who has been there for more than a week.

kevpks
10/6/2007, 08:32 AM
I called the local cable company and they said I could buy it just like a pay per view movie, is this correct ?
I want to buy the yearly option and I don't get the option on my tv to buy either the single game or the full season package.
I live in Georgia and I'm getting FSU and NC State as my local coverage today. I also tried the ESPN Gameplan number, all you get is a very fast busy signal.

Any idea's ?

I ordered my Gameplan subscription directly through the cable company in Chicago.

nBoSTP
10/6/2007, 08:46 AM
you can buy the gameplan for just todays game yes

Whet
10/6/2007, 08:50 AM
Order it directly from your CATV via telephone.

You may want to do the math on purchasing individual weekends, rather than the entire year - calculate how many weekends you would need to purchase to equal the yearly subscription amount (just a thought).

Either way, get on the phone now and order! If your cable is like mine, Comcast, it will take a while AND you want to ensure they got it right, before the game starts.....

Good Luck and enjoy the game!

StormySooner-IN
10/6/2007, 12:45 PM
I just did mine last night PPV thru Directv with my remote. Going to DVR it like all games.

Boomer!

sooner-n-ga
10/6/2007, 01:35 PM
and they told me they didn't know how to do it !!!

Bunch of dumb South Georgia hicks :confused: :confused: :confused:

I did buy the one day package for today via the television.

StormySooner-IN
10/6/2007, 01:37 PM
and they told me they didn't know how to do it !!!

Bunch of dumb South Georgia hicks :confused: :confused: :confused:

I did buy the one day package for today via the television.
Good jorb.

aurorasooner
10/6/2007, 01:45 PM
If it's Comcast you can do it right through the menu. scroll to the ESPN gameplan channels, choose the game, and scroll to buy.
I'm really beginning to dis-like ABC. They got 3 games on at once, and could have moved the Texas-OU game up an hour for national coverageand plugged the other 2 games into that middle time slot (or one of their night games tonight. I think they worry more about getting their PPV money than anything else. You pay for Hi-def cable which they get a cut, the advertisers pay them, and then I think they set-up their regional coverage to sweeten their pockets, more. I really hope when the next CFB contract comes out, they only let ABC choose one game and then let the other networks who do national telecasts, choose 2nd, instead of giving ABC 3 1st round picks (or more since the night games tonight are split) for their regional coverage

adoniijahsooner
10/6/2007, 06:21 PM
I wouldnt waste money, because espn360.com is virtually the same as gameplan, plus it is free. Today I watched alot of games on that site, and they also keep the games there for about a week.

sooner-n-ga
10/6/2007, 07:34 PM
the difference is watching it on my laptop on on my 42" LCD !

soonergirlNeugene
10/6/2007, 07:47 PM
Don't get gameplan. This year FSN is the way to go. An expanded sports package is less than half the cost of gameplan and I guarantee it will give you more bang for your buck. Gameplan only hosts 1-2 games every weekend (seems to really have gone down this year) while FSN gives you about 6 channels, usually with one devoting all of its coverage to each of the major conferences.

I've had gameplan ever since moving up to Oregon but I don't plan on getting it next year. Seriously, I haven't flipped over to it once yet this season and we're into October. Save your money, ESPN just isn't getting enough games on gameplan to make it worthwhile.

Rogue
10/6/2007, 09:45 PM
Ugh, I got the FSN package today and tried to order the Gameplan dealio. 2 different comcast idiots told me it was good to go. About Noon I called again because there were no gameplan channels. :mad: :mad: :mad:
My letter writing campaign to comcast starts tomorrow. And I'm shopping at DISH for comparison's sake.

Well...it was still blocked here in East TN so even if the channels showed up I would have missed the game. Luckily the local sports bar with DISH had it on and I ran up a $100 tab there. $130 after tipping the great server that made sure our game was on when everyone else in the place was there to see the VOLS game.

soonergirlNeugene
10/6/2007, 09:56 PM
Well thats comcast for you. Worst cable provider EVAR.

bluedogok
10/6/2007, 10:20 PM
I don't know why any sports fan would stick with cable, I went to DirecTV 8 years ago and never regretted the decision. Of course, the fact that there is a 24 hour Whorn channel makes that decision easier but I made the same one when I lived in OKC and moved from cable to satellite.