PDA

View Full Version : Jim Beam sucks

King Crimson
10/5/2007, 11:44 PM
i like to sip a little bourbon with my beer sometimes and while i have a bottle of Maker's i usually keep that to have neat with friends or when it feels right. so, i usually drink one of two somewhat passable cheap bourbons just to sip on with a brew: Ancient Age or Rebel Yell. they suck but they are doing the trick with the beer for me. being a hillbilly i'd rather drink cheap bourbon than other liquor.....and they are cheap.

so, tonight, coming home and picked up a sixer at the place close by i don't usually go to and the store only had Beam in the 200 ml and sure as hell ain't buying MORE than that of Beam. Beam sucks.

Ancient Age pwns Beam.

YWIA.

Seamus
10/6/2007, 02:56 AM
F--- that s---.

Hillbilly or not, man the f--- up and drink some ****ing Scotch! This **** will dome you, in a good way:

http://www.singlemaltsdirect.com/product_uploads/glenmorangie_burg.jpg_original_1.jpg

r5TPsooner
10/6/2007, 10:25 AM
I like Makers Mark on ice or Gentlemen's Jack on ice. Jim Beam is just too syrupy for my liking.

King Crimson
10/6/2007, 10:30 AM
I like Makers Mark on ice or Gentlemen's Jack on ice. Jim Beam is just too syrupy for my liking.

sure it is. did i not mention Maker's in the original thread. and it's pretty much the Budweiser of "up end Bourbon" these days.

you guys are missing the point. and "be a man or scotch drinker" is in for a lose.....save your brand loyalty for real local "scotch". i've had it it. i have bottle of Highland Park in the crib. but, thanks for the love.

Mongo
10/6/2007, 10:33 AM
sad thing is, i like rebel yell. I would buy that before Jim Beam or John Daniels.

King Crimson
10/6/2007, 10:35 AM
sad thing is, i like rebel yell. I would buy that before Jim Beam or John Daniels.

that's exactly what i'm saying.

and still pay less.