PDA

View Full Version : I need a new deodorant

OUAndy1807
10/5/2007, 10:02 PM
I was using Mitchum, but I'm not too pleased. I had always used Sure Solid and went back to it, but it feels cakey, 1 stick lasts me about 2 weeks and if I miss even a little spot I can feel myself sweating.

I don't like gels and I'm sick of ruining undershirts due to the deodorant.

Any ideas out there? I need a deodorant/antiperspirant. I'm willing to try any crazy deodorant rocks or whatever.

OUAndy1807
10/5/2007, 10:10 PM
also, unscented only please.

Frozen Sooner
10/5/2007, 10:14 PM
http://www.getjackblack.com/jb/admin.nsf/images/4BD5C38A6CCED64386257061004BD4F4/$FILE/JB-DEODORANT_2_lg.jpg

http://www.getjackblack.com/jb/catalog.nsf/processorform?createdocument&action=viewproduct&request=Y&unid=48F867036C2A31CC86256E71005D197D&loc=c

Scott D
10/5/2007, 10:27 PM
I switched from Right Guard Fresh to Degree Cool Rush relatively recently because of the ruining undershirts aspect. Haven't had any issues with the shirts since switching.

bluedogok
10/5/2007, 10:40 PM
Years ago I was having trouble with antiperspirants, everything that I tried just seemed to make the situation worse and what it left in residue was ruining shirts. I switched to plain old deodorant and my perspiration problem went away. I was having a reaction to whatever was in them that was suppose block the perspiration so it ha the inverse effect. No problems for 15 years or so now.

OUinFLA
10/5/2007, 10:42 PM
Years ago I was having trouble with antiperspirants, everything that I tried just seemed to make the situation worse and what it left in residue was ruining shirts. I switched to plain old deodorant and my perspiration problem went away. I was having a reaction to whatever was in them that was suppose block the perspiration so it ha the inverse effect. No problems for 15 years or so now.

Those of us around you daily........ might not agree.
:D

Flagstaffsooner
10/5/2007, 10:46 PM
Go check out the oSu school of armpit smelling. They should have an answer.
http://www.rant.com/armpit3.jpg

1stTimeCaller
10/5/2007, 10:51 PM
I find that I have to switch back and forth from Mitchum to Axe every now and then. It seems that my body learns how to defeat one and I have to switch to another. I used Arid XX for years and it still works good when put into the rotation.

Also I'm self taught on the application of ap/deodarant. How much do you guys put on? How many up downs do you use?

OUAndy1807
10/5/2007, 10:55 PM
I have to make sure to get complete coverage with the Sure, with Mitchum I only had to get most of them.

My wife gives me **** all the time about using too much.

WILBURJIM
10/5/2007, 10:58 PM
The Crystal is a great deodorant. A $5 "stick" lasts forever. No scent. Been using it for years.

http://www.thecrystal.com/

Mongo
10/5/2007, 10:59 PM
I find that I have to switch back and forth from Mitchum to Axe every now and then. It seems that my body learns how to defeat one and I have to switch to another. I used Arid XX for years and it still works good when put into the rotation.

Also I'm self taught on the application of ap/deodarant. How much do you guys put on? How many up downs do you use?

I was the same way with the deo rotation, but then i found Degree solid. Been using it for years. Only the steamiest of days will you see pit stains.

3up, 2 down, with a little movement from back to front to insure full pit coverage

OUAndy1807
10/5/2007, 11:11 PM
The Crystal is a great deodorant. A $5 "stick" lasts forever. No scent. Been using it for years.

http://www.thecrystal.com/
I've always wondered if those work. I might have to check it out.

Seamus
10/6/2007, 03:17 AM
Brut is manly. Pure and simple.

william_brasky
10/6/2007, 09:00 AM
Arrid XX (Extra Extra Dry) antiperspirant-deodorant solid works like a champ for me.

Newbomb Turk
10/6/2007, 09:48 AM
Years ago I was having trouble with antiperspirants, I was having a reaction to whatever was in them

antiperspirants have aluminum in them - causes problems for some people.

r5TPsooner
10/6/2007, 10:21 AM
I'm a Sure Fresh Scent guy myself. It is not overpowering and leaves me smelling pleasant thru the entire day.

OzarkSooner
10/6/2007, 11:00 AM
also, unscented only please.

THANK YOU!! The only thing worse than B.O. is B.O. with some kind of crappy scent on top of it or intermingled with it.

I switch from Unscented Original Sure to Arrid XX Unscented about every third time. For some reason, Sure will not work as well after two or three sticks, I then switch to the Arrid for one stick and go back to Sure...works like a charm.

King Crimson
10/6/2007, 11:20 AM
i tickle Bill favor and sing the resounding chorus of the International.

Blue
10/7/2007, 05:40 AM
Old Spice! No smells ever! Best deo I've ever used under my sack.

soonerboomer93
10/7/2007, 05:58 AM
i use speed stick gel, i prefer the gel otherwise i get sticky from the sticks under my arms

Rogue
10/7/2007, 07:33 AM
I've given up. When I'm working hard or really stressed, I can sweat through anything. And undershirts...have to throw 'em away and buy new ones a couple times a year. The worst on shirts is the spray on stuff that Dad uses. And it's stinky too.

Mitchum is the most "drying" kind I've found, but I use Degree mostly.

Using a stick of AP every 2 weeks? Maybe I'm not applying this stuff as liberally as I should. I use a 6-8 up and downs I guess.

Scott D
10/7/2007, 10:25 AM
Rogue, I've seen a newish type of undershirt at JCPenny last month that has a claim it doesn't yellow. How about you try it and let us know how it works out :)

soonerboomer93
10/8/2007, 03:18 AM
guess i'm lucky, i don't get much pit sweat. Even at the gym i don't get that much. A stick lasts me a couple months easy

Sooner Born Sooner Bred
10/8/2007, 06:37 AM
Have you tried Secret? It's strong enough for a man, but made for a woman.

soonerbrat
10/8/2007, 07:45 AM
my brother in law tried secret a few years ago - he ran out and used his girlfriend's..now he won't use anything else.

proud gonzo
10/8/2007, 08:23 AM

Also I'm self taught on the application of ap/deodarant. How much do you guys put on? How many up downs do you use?dude, you have borg sweat :eek:

Boarder
10/8/2007, 10:41 AM
I keep Degree for women in my travel bag because it's smaller. It is seriously the best deoderant/antipersperant I've ever used. At the Cotton Bowl, every inch of my upper body was wet with sweat except for my pits.