PDA

View Full Version : We don't want a Florida upset.....

humblesooner
10/5/2007, 12:30 PM
...just yet. If LSU gets beat by Florida tomorrow, LSU will NOT fall below OU. We will be stuck behind a 1 loss LSU and a 1 loss Florida. If they both make the SEC CCG, we will stay behind the winner.

As bad as we all dislike LSU, we really need them to look bad, but still beat Florida tomorrow. Later in the season, we can pull for LSU to lose. Florida will have a better chance to pull the upset in Atlanta. If we win out, by then we will be inside the top 5 by then.

If Florida wins tomorrow and they and LSU win their divisions and meet in the CCG, we will not be in a position to jump ahead of the SEC champ.

goingoneight
10/5/2007, 12:30 PM
We don't want any upsets, we want a Sooner victory over Texass!!! :mad:

Octavian
10/5/2007, 12:31 PM
yep

Sooner in Tampa
10/5/2007, 12:35 PM
I don't think it matters...Florida got exposed last weekend, and me thinks Tebow is in for a long night.

soonersn2007
10/5/2007, 12:37 PM
To be honest, I see LSU winning regardless of what we might want or need. Tebow is gonna get blasted.

colleyvillesooner
10/5/2007, 12:40 PM
Florida with two losses eliminates them from NC contention, but they would need help to even make it to Atlanta with 2 SEC losses.

rhombic21
10/5/2007, 12:43 PM
We do want an upset. If LSU beats UF, there's a very good chance they run the table to the SEC title game. At that point, we probably wouldn't jump them regardless, because our SOS is going to be really weak compared to theirs, and the computers will cream us.

Our best chance to jump LSU and UF is to have UF beat them tomorrow, then lose somewhere down the road (and when you look at their schedule, there's a decent chance of that happening), and then have LSU lose in the SEC title game. UF, by far, has the more difficult schedule of the two, so chances are a lot greater that they get beat again down the line than is the case for LSU.

There is no way that we get into the title game over a 1 loss SEC team, even if they lose on the last weekend.

sooner518
10/5/2007, 12:48 PM
im just cheering for everyone except OU to lose every single game they play.

HappyClappyMackBrown
10/5/2007, 12:52 PM
Florida is a good team, but I think Tebow still needs some polish and is a year away. I dont see anyway that LSU loses this game, I think there Defense is too much for the Gators, but then again who knows, i guess they play the games for a reason.

KRYPTON
10/5/2007, 01:13 PM
Get everyone to at least one loss ASAP and win out in dominating fashion. That's what we want.

humblesooner
10/5/2007, 02:27 PM
Get everyone to at least one loss ASAP and win out in dominating fashion. That's what we want.

Gotta disagree. IF LSU loses to Florida this weekend, Florida will move up and we will not jump LSU. Being behind both of the potential SEC CCG participants does not bode well for OU's slim BCS Championship game hopes.

Just My Opinion on Oct 5. ;)

BoomerMcSooner
10/5/2007, 02:48 PM
We want Florida to win.

LSU would be the worst team to face in New Orleans - by far! More than anything, I want LSU to have 2 losses come bowl time.

We want both of these teams have 2 losses come bowl time - but especially LSU.

After playing LSU, Florida plays at Kentucky, at Georgia, at South Carolina and vs. Florida State. I think the odds of Florida winning all four of those games plus an SEC championship game are very low.

Florida isn't a serious threat to win out, IMO. If they can do it, more power to them, but I feel pretty good that they won't.

LSU looks far more capable of winning out, which is why it would be better for them to lose this weekend, and then hope they slip up again.

IronHorseSooner
10/5/2007, 02:51 PM
What the problem will be is that there are a bunch of undefeated and 1-loss SEC teams (LSU, UF, UK, UGa, the other USC). Well, in the return to the top, we need the following to happen, IMHO:

1. Have all of these teams continue to beat up on each other. UF needs to win because the SEC East is a BEAR!! (I know, I live in Tampa and hear it all of the time)
2. Pray for a resurgent Meatchicken or PSU. They need to beat tOSU and Wisky. Both must travel to the Big House and Happy Valley.
3. SUC must beat Cal, and UO must beat SUC.
4. USF is the fly-in-the-ointment. We would need the 'Ville or Cincy to beat them.
5. We must obliterate everybody in our paths, starting Saturday. We also need K-State or CU make it to the title game. CU in order to show that our loss was a fluke.

Comments?

Have faith, this process already started yesterday with South Cackalackie beating UK.

KRYPTON
10/5/2007, 02:54 PM
I'm thinking bump LSU now, UF has plenty of other chances to lose, and even then LSU might make it to the SEC chumpionship and lose again perhaps?

In the end, OU just has to win out in dominating fashion, and we'll get what we deserve. A chokejob to CU might mean that what we deserve is not what we get.

There's always at least one unexpected Saturday when an abnormal number of ranked teams choke out. That was last weekend. The schedule gods aligned to make this next weekend LOOK like the choke weekend but everyone realized it was coming, thus all the Showdown Saturday, Gut Check Saturday etc etc stuff. But there's always one that no one sees coming, and for the last few years somehow we've been the ones to avoid it.

ruf/nekdad
10/5/2007, 03:07 PM
What the problem will be is that there are a bunch of undefeated and 1-loss SEC teams (LSU, UF, UK, UGa, the other USC). Well, in the return to the top, we need the following to happen, IMHO:

1. Have all of these teams continue to beat up on each other. UF needs to win because the SEC East is a BEAR!! (I know, I live in Tampa and hear it all of the time)
2. Pray for a resurgent Meatchicken or PSU. They need to beat tOSU and Wisky. Both must travel to the Big House and Happy Valley.
4. USF is the fly-in-the-ointment. We would need the 'Ville or Cincy to beat them.
5. We must obliterate everybody in our paths, starting Saturday. We also need K-State or CU make it to the title game. CU in order to show that our loss was a fluke.

Comments?

Have faith, this process already started yesterday with South Cackalackie beating UK.

I like the sound of this. Makes me all warm and fuzzy. Although, that could be the Sam Adams, but I still like the sound of it.

kevpks
10/5/2007, 04:02 PM

Do I have to root for Oregon? Can't I just root for Arizona St. or Stanford to beat USC?

OUHOMER
10/5/2007, 04:09 PM
I have to agree with Humble on this. florida wins and we are behind both of them. I think LSU runs the table. As much as I want to play for MNC, i would hate to play a LSU home game. However, I would play any team any where for the MNC.
But who knows, we have o take care of our business first.
let'er rip

BoomerMcSooner
10/5/2007, 05:13 PM
I have to agree with Humble on this. florida wins and we are behind both of them.

But if we win out, we cannot stay behind both of them into the bowl season.

We might be ranked below Florida and LSU temporarily if Florida wins.

But it is a mathematical certainty that between LSU and Florida, one of them will be a two loss team heading into bowl season.

If we win out, the only way there will be two SEC teams ahead of us is if those teams are LSU and Kentucky.

arlington
10/5/2007, 05:25 PM
No way Florida beats Kentucky, Georgia and South Carolina on the road with there QB as there only run game. If they can take out LSU thats great for us. LSU has an easier schedule than UF so we need to take LSU losses where we can get them

sooneron
10/5/2007, 05:28 PM
...just yet. If LSU gets beat by Florida tomorrow, LSU will NOT fall below OU. We will be stuck behind a 1 loss LSU and a 1 loss Florida. If they both make the SEC CCG, we will stay behind the winner.

As bad as we all dislike LSU, we really need them to look bad, but still beat Florida tomorrow. Later in the season, we can pull for LSU to lose. Florida will have a better chance to pull the upset in Atlanta. If we win out, by then we will be inside the top 5 by then.

If Florida wins tomorrow and they and LSU win their divisions and meet in the CCG, we will not be in a position to jump ahead of the SEC champ.
Sorry, I strongly disagree. One loss for the purple tiggers is one step closer to two losses. Let them get rattled. Plus, the bonus is lester losing, how could you not want that? It just seems wrong.

Sooner1979
10/5/2007, 05:39 PM
I have stopped worring about other teams losing and are more woried about us continuing to win...As the enlightened ones once said, "What will be, will be." If OU wins out and looks to deserve to be in the National Championship game, then God Speed...I still came into this season with a more realistic view...I figured we might trip and fall once maybe twice, and not to any specific team, just thought that this "Very Young Team" was going to look very good at times, but beatable at others...

We look good for the next several years, including this one...

GreaterState
10/5/2007, 05:49 PM
Exactly the sort of thread Longhorn fans want to see here, hours before kickoff ... micromanaging the rest of the country's matchups and "when they should lose." I seem to remember this happening years ago, and then a loss to Okie Aggy for distracted Sooners ... :O

SelmaBamaFan
10/6/2007, 02:57 AM
Personally, I think you guys want LSU to win out and to face them in the NC game. You guys SHOULD be wanting USC to lose to Oregon or Cal... or both.