PDA

View Full Version : We Need These Upsets This Saturday...!!!

Blues1
10/5/2007, 10:04 AM
Can we SHAKE up the TOP TEN some More...??? - Can we have 4 more upsets in The Top Ten...??

As we Focus on THE RRS for Saturday for a great OU win having these other teams go down would should help our cause.....Asking the Cardinals to beat usc is probably Like wishing for drinking 8 six packs without getting a hangover...But there is some hope that these teams in CAPITOL letters could pull a upset....So when rooting "The Sooners" Saturday lets also pull for these upsets below....Have Fun and Keep Rockin'

#4. Ohio State vs PURDUE ---- Go Purdue

#5. Wisconsin vs ILLINOIS ---- Go Illinois

#6. South Florida vs FLORIDA ATLANTIC ---- Go Florida Atlantic

#7 Boston College vs BOWLING GREEN ---- Go Bowling Green

#3 California is IDLE

How Far LSU would drop IF they Lose....?? - They still be ahead of us in the polls - so I didn't throw them in the Upsets....

But Go FLORIDA -- Just for Now......:D

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/5/2007, 10:11 AM
I'm just fine if we somehow bring our "A" game to the cotton bowl, and beat tx bad enough to overcome the disgraceful officiating that we are almost assured.

BornandBred
10/5/2007, 10:12 AM
Losing to idle would indeed be an upset. Doesn't Smellsofburbon coach at FAU? I think I'd rather root for USF. I don't think they'll stay unbeaten anyways.

stoops the eternal pimp
10/5/2007, 10:13 AM
Number 8 lost last night

Sooner in Tampa
10/5/2007, 10:14 AM
I don't worry about South Florida...I think they are in for a loss when they play Cincinnati.

Blues1
10/5/2007, 10:21 AM
Even IF we could get 2 upsets out of The 4 It would sure Help....:)

Desert Sapper
10/5/2007, 10:23 AM
I can see Purdue and Illinois winning. I could even see Florida pulling off the upset on lsu. I don't see the rest. I'd be pretty happy if the Stanford Fightin' Harbaughs could knock off suc, but I think we'd sooner see Cal lose to Idle.

Go UF!
Go Stanford!
Go Purdue!
Go Illinois!
Go FAU!
Go BG!

Sooner in Tampa
10/5/2007, 10:25 AM
Another thing to note...Wisconsin and Ohio State play each other this year...so eventually one of them is going down.

misplaced_sooner
10/5/2007, 10:26 AM
Number 8 lost last night

Good game! We just need a few more losses!

Andrew

SoonerGM
10/5/2007, 10:32 AM
Good game! We just need a few more losses!

Andrew

i bet S. Carolina leapfrogs us in the polls next week. maybe not if we blow out texas.

Blues1
10/5/2007, 10:40 AM
IF somehow We can get back into "The Top 5" after This weekend I think we have a pretty good chance at all the Marbles - BUT - If we stay at number 9 or 10 (or Worse) in the polls it's going to be a Hoilday Bowl type of Season....JMHO....We GOT to Have UPSETS this Saturday along with a Great Win Saturday....!!!
GO SOONERS.....!
GO PURDUE
GO ILLINOIS

Rock On'

Curly Bill
10/5/2007, 10:43 AM
i bet S. Carolina leapfrogs us in the polls next week. maybe not if we blow out texas.

I think that's probably true. To stay ahead of them will definitely require a thumping of Saxet, and I'm still not sure that'll be enough. The thing about it though is that S Carolina has some losses coming their way.

r5TPsooner
10/5/2007, 10:48 AM
You may get your wish for the 1st two listed but the others not so much.

Desert Sapper
10/5/2007, 10:51 AM
If we stay at number 9 or 10 (or Worse) in the polls it's going to be a Hoilday Bowl type of Season....

Only if we lose some more games.

Whet
10/5/2007, 10:51 AM
Of those games listed, I believe the greatest chance for an "upset" would be Wisconsin at Illinois. Illinois is favored in this game, as well. Wisconsin has not really looked THAT good this year, as they prodded through their wins. Ron Zook, Illinois' coach, has really got the Illini playing well this season, with their only loss to Mizzou in their first game of the season.

Ohio State vs Purdue is an interesting match up of these two unbeaten Big Ten teams. tOSU "decimated" powerhouse Akron in a 20-2 romp. tOSU's only real blowout win came against the mighty Wildcats of Northwestern (the team that helped Duke snap its long losing streak) in a 58-7 win. The most any of tOSU's opponents scored in a game was Washington, 14 points. These Huskies lost to suc last week, by a score of 27-24.
It seems Purdue's defense has allowed more points than tOSU, in their games. They had one common opponent - Minnesota, which both won. Purdue won 45-31 and tOSU won 30-7. The greatest issue with the Purdue defense is they allowed the Touchdown Jesus crew to score 19 points on them! So, I believe tOSU's stronger defense will be the difference maker in Saturday's game against the Boilermakers (is this name derived from Purdue's College of Bartending?).

I just don't see Florida Atlantic beating South Florida, unless SchnappsANDboogers drives his beer, er, golf cart over the entire SF offensive line during the game.

Primarily, we gotta beat the tar out of saxeT on Saturday! OUr defense has to keep pressure on Colt - hit him so hard, he is blowing snot bubbles. Our offense will be on fire, scoring at will, or whoever is the safety...

Boomer Sooner! Beat saxeT!

goingoneight
10/5/2007, 12:24 PM
I wish we didn't have ties to just one specific BCS game. It would be nice to go somewhere besides the Fiesta Bowl if indeed the season finished strong enough to get into the BCS. I'd like another shot at the Orange or Sugar Bowl. 'Coure a Rose Bowl visit versus USC or Meatchicken/tOSU (BIG 10/11 Champion) would be coolio, too.

rhombic21
10/5/2007, 12:36 PM
We definitely want Florida to beat LSU. Florida plays in a tougher division (SEC East), and has a more difficult schedule, so they are more likely to lose later this season. They still have games against Kentucky, Tennessee, Georgia, and South Carolina. Plus, even if both teams win out, they would rematch in the SEC title game, and we want both to at least have one loss going into that game.

I'm not so concerned about BC and South Florida, I think both will lose a game at some point, and neither has the schedule/reputation to be a threat to us with one loss. We definitely need Ohio State and Wisconsin to both lose. Preferably, both get upset prior to their head to head game.

If we win out, we can definitely get back in the top 5. The real challenge is going to be getting into the top 2. We'd probably need LSU, USC, and Cal to have 2 losses in order to jump them, because their schedules are so much more difficult. Plus Oregon could get back in the mix if they run the table and beat USC, and Florida could do the same if they run the table and beat LSU twice. We need all but one of those teams to get beat twice, which is asking for a lot of things to break our way.

But of course, it's all moot if we don't win the rest of 'em, starting with a victory on Saturday. Also, you hate to be in a position where style points matter, but with our schedule being relatively weak thanks to a down Big 12 and a relatively easy OOC schedule, we probably need to win almost every game by a convincing margin.

It also wouldn't hurt if CU could go on a tear and sneak into the top 25, so that our loss wouldn't look as bad. Preferably, CU would win the Big 12 North and we get a chance to play them again in the title game, where we could prove that we are the better team.

SoonerEmpire
10/5/2007, 03:36 PM

I think that's probably true. To stay ahead of them will definitely require a thumping of Saxet, and I'm still not sure that'll be enough. The thing about it though is that S Carolina has some losses coming their way.

There's NO WAY South Carolina jumps OU. Not unless we lose. And if we lose, they STILL won't jump us. We'll just fall behind them. You guys are thinking about the wrong poll. SC is #11 in the AP. They are #18 in the Coaches poll.

The AP poll no longer factors into the BCS equation, so the AP poll pretty much doesn't matter anymore. The only polls that matter are the Coaches poll and the Harris poll. There's NO WAY a #18 jumps over #10.

To those who want Florida to beat LSU: Why would you want that?! If we were still ranked third, yes, it would be good for UF to beat LSU. But since we are ranked tenth, it doesn't make sense to hope that UF beats LSU. If they were to beat LSU, THEY BOTH STAY AHEAD OF US!! LSU will NOT fall below OU. Some of you are trying to justify it by saying that Florida is bound to lose to someone else later in the season anyway. While that may be true, it is NOT a guarantee. Anyone remember that Ohio State team that kept squeaking out wins every saturday a few years ago? Everyone kept saying they were overrated and were destined to lose. They made it all the way to the NC game! Bottom line is, NOBODY is guaranteed to win every week or lose a game week-in and week-out. We need Florida out of our way NOW... not "hoping" for the "possibility" that they'll be out of our way later.

BTW, it's 3:36pm in Oklahoma City, and texass STILL sucks!!!!!!!!!

Mrs.oumartin
10/5/2007, 03:43 PM
any one loss team from the sec, big ten, pac ten, big east, and possibly acc will get the nod over a 1 loss Oklahoma.

Oklahomas track record in the BCS championship is not good and the big 12 is looked upon as a weak conference.

I say there is zero percent chance to get back into the BCS championship game.

Oh yeah,

Whorns by 13 saturday. Sooners couldn't cover my 88 year old grandmother.

TUSooner
10/5/2007, 03:44 PM
How Far LSU would drop IF they Lose....?? - They still be ahead of us in the polls - so I didn't throw them in the Upsets....

But Go FLORIDA -- Just for Now......:D

You missed this a little. It doesn't matter where LSU is - THEY MUST LOSE, ALWAYS, especially if they are anywhere near #1 !!!!!!!!!
:)

Sooner Among The Pack
10/5/2007, 04:31 PM
I'm not sure the Wisconsin/Illini should be on the list. Wisconsin is a road dog at the Zooker!

StormySooner-IN
10/5/2007, 04:35 PM
Can we SHAKE up the TOP TEN some More...??? - Can we have 4 more upsets in The Top Ten...??

As we Focus on THE RRS for Saturday for a great OU win having these other teams go down would should help our cause.....Asking the Cardinals to beat usc is probably Like wishing for drinking 8 six packs without getting a hangover...But there is some hope that these teams in CAPITOL letters could pull a upset....So when rooting "The Sooners" Saturday lets also pull for these upsets below....Have Fun and Keep Rockin'

#3 California is IDLE

But Go FLORIDA -- Just for Now......:D Wisconsin is a 3point UNDERDOG....so technically it wouldn't be an upset.;)

GO PURDUE AND ILLINI AND FAU AND MORE!!!

BEAT THE HELL OUTTA SAXET!:texan:

I am very excited...

BoomerMcSooner
10/5/2007, 05:56 PM
Some of you are trying to justify it by saying that Florida is bound to lose to someone else later in the season anyway. While that may be true, it is NOT a guarantee.

It is guaranteed that either LSU or Florida will have at least 2 losses come bowl season.

While it is possible that Florida could win the rest of their games, it is guaranteed that LSU will lose at least twice if Florida wins out.

Hopefully, both of them will have 2 losses...

But the chances of LSU beating Florida, but then suffering two losses seem remote.

Blue
10/5/2007, 06:16 PM
any one loss team from the sec, big ten, pac ten, big east, and possibly acc will get the nod over a 1 loss Oklahoma.

Oklahomas track record in the BCS championship is not good and the big 12 is looked upon as a weak conference.

Oh yeah,

Whatever B-itch.

Doged
10/5/2007, 09:26 PM

Oh yeah,

Any one-loss from the SEC and PAC 10, yes, and maybe from the Big 10. Not from the Big East or the ACC though.

You can say there's a zero percent chance all you want.. doesn't mean anyone outside of texass fans has to agree with you.

Oh yeah,

Sooners by 24 Saturday. Whornes couldn't move the ball against your 88 year old grandmother.

kevpks
10/5/2007, 09:53 PM

Oh yeah,

Yeah and the Horns are throwing some real All-Americans out there in the secondary this year. Oh and the Longhorns should feel free to make a tackle on special teams sometime soon. I am sure they have all that resolved in a week's time though. :rolleyes:

Choctaw
10/6/2007, 06:07 AM
I'm just glad that if we had to lose, we did it early in the season. Those late season loses suck big rocks. We'll move back where we're supposed to be in a few weeks.

ruf/nekdad
10/6/2007, 07:54 AM
I'm just glad that if we had to lose, we did it early in the season. Those late season loses suck big rocks. We'll move back where we're supposed to be in a few weeks.

I've been reading this since the fiasco in Co and thought it was just the sunshine pumpers doing what they do. But today will tell the tale and I might just start pumping that shine myself.

PLaw
10/6/2007, 11:27 AM
I'm just fine if we somehow bring our "A" game to the cotton bowl, and beat tx bad enough to overcome the disgraceful officiating that we are almost assured.

I'm right there with you - we must win and play well doing it today. If there is a positive from last week, then "it" happened early enough that we can still recover if others lose later. Simply, can't overcome a late season loss - what happened against KSU was an aberration even though everybody else had a loss.

BOOMER
PLaw

Blues1
10/6/2007, 12:12 PM

#5. Wisconsin vs ILLINOIS ---- Go Illinois -LOOKING GOOD ILL 17 Wisc 0 - :)

swardboy
10/6/2007, 12:25 PM
Illinois is doing its part in the first half: 17-3 with three minutes left...

swardboy
10/6/2007, 12:26 PM
Can Idle handle Cal?

Sonner magic923
10/6/2007, 10:17 PM
.Asking the Cardinals to beat usc is probably Like wishing for drinking 8 six packs without getting a hangover..:D

Have a little faith man......now start kicking back those six packs it might be your lucky day
:D

Blues1
10/6/2007, 10:19 PM
AMEN -- I'm Drunk with JOY.....!!!!!! ----- :)