PDA

View Full Version : Texas Will Win....

TexasLidig8r
10/5/2007, 09:02 AM
The great philosopher and essayist, George Santayana once wrote, "Progress, far from consisting in change, depends on retentiveness. Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." The latter half of this quote has been repeated many times and in many contexts. So... how, might you ask is this relevant? Let me take you back to....

Monday, October 4, 1999. The Texas Longhorns just had their faces handed to them by the Kansas State Wildcats, 35-17. Texas’ second-year starter at quarterback, redshirt sophomore Major Applewhite, had the worst game of his young career. He was sacked four times, picked off three times, fumbled three more times and had only one touchdown pass. One of his interceptions was returned for a touchdown by linebacker Mark Simoneau. On that play Applewhite was nailed on a blitz, and he told me later it was one of the two hardest hits of his entire career. He finished the day 19-37 for 271 yards with those three interceptions, three fumbles and one touchdown. K-State’s David Allen returned a punt for a touchdown in the third quarter to break the game open.

The Oklahoma Sooners went into week four undefeated and largely untested after three blowout wins and then, lost a shootout at Notre Dame, 34-30.

Both Texas and OU were coming off losses and faced each other in the Cotton Bowl looking to regroup. The Texas - OU game in 1999, by the way, saw Texas coming in with a two game winning streak against the Sooners.

The Dallas Cowboys were 3-0 after beating the Arizona Cardinals, 35-7, on Sunday, October 3rd, six days before Texas/OU.

Fast forward to this Monday, October 1, 2007. The Texas Longhorns just had their faces handed to them by the Kansas State Wildcats, 41-21. Texas’ second year starter at quarterback, redshirt sophomore Colt McCoy, had the worst game of his young career. He was sacked twice, picked off four times and had only one touchdown pass. One of his interceptions was returned for a touchdown by linebacker Ian Campbell. On that play McCoy was nailed on a blitz and he will tell someone later that it was one of the hardest hits of his entire career. He finished the day 19-39 with those four interceptions and one touchdown. K-State’s Jordy Nelson returned a punt for a touchdown in the third quarter to break the game open.

The Oklahoma Sooners went into week five undefeated and largely untested after four blowout wins and lost a nailbiter to Colorado, 27-24.

Both Texas and OU are coming off losses and face each other in the Cotton Bowl looking to regroup. Going into this week, by the way, Texas has a two game winning streak over the Sooners.

The Dallas Cowboys are 4-0 after beating the St. Louis Rams, 35-7, on Sunday, September 30th, six days before Texas/ou.

More facts to consider, the last ELEVEN times either Texas or OU has come into the Red River War having won two straight games, that team has extended the streak to THREE games. This goes back to 1950.

Since 1960, both Texas and OU have come into the Red River War having lost the week before only THREE times.. 1994, 1997 and 1999. The result? Texas won each time.

As for opinion time now... this year's OU's team has already peaked. Bradford played like the freshman he is against an undermanned Muffalo team. Further, the heart and soul of Oklahoma football does indeed reside within a Stoops... the problem is, it is the Stoops coaching in Arizona.

This game has the makings of those four straight Peter Gardere years, during which OU was favored most of the time...

Texas wins on a last second field goal...

and above all, the one, irrefutable and undeniable truth is...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNMwvJBQetk

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/TRND/fp3926_b~Texas-Longhorns-Logo-Posters.jpg

fossil
10/5/2007, 09:07 AM
The great philosopher and essayist, George Santayana once wrote, "Progress, far from consisting in change, depends on retentiveness. Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it." The latter half of this quote has been repeated many times and in many contexts. So... how, might you ask is this relevant? Let me take you back to....

Monday, October 4, 1999. The Texas Longhorns just had their faces handed to them by the Kansas State Wildcats, 35-17. Texas’ second-year starter at quarterback, redshirt sophomore Major Applewhite, had the worst game of his young career. He was sacked four times, picked off three times, fumbled three more times and had only one touchdown pass. One of his interceptions was returned for a touchdown by linebacker Mark Simoneau. On that play Applewhite was nailed on a blitz, and he told me later it was one of the two hardest hits of his entire career. He finished the day 19-37 for 271 yards with those three interceptions, three fumbles and one touchdown. K-State’s David Allen returned a punt for a touchdown in the third quarter to break the game open.

The Oklahoma Sooners went into week four undefeated and largely untested after three blowout wins and then, lost a shootout at Notre Dame, 34-30.

Both Texas and OU were coming off losses and faced each other in the Cotton Bowl looking to regroup. The Texas - OU game in 1999, by the way, saw Texas coming in with a two game winning streak against the Sooners.

The Dallas Cowboys were 3-0 after beating the Arizona Cardinals, 35-7, on Sunday, October 3rd, six days before Texas/OU.

Fast forward to this Monday, October 1, 2007. The Texas Longhorns just had their faces handed to them by the Kansas State Wildcats, 41-21. Texas’ second year starter at quarterback, redshirt sophomore Colt McCoy, had the worst game of his young career. He was sacked twice, picked off four times and had only one touchdown pass. One of his interceptions was returned for a touchdown by linebacker Ian Campbell. On that play McCoy was nailed on a blitz and he will tell someone later that it was one of the hardest hits of his entire career. He finished the day 19-39 with those four interceptions and one touchdown. K-State’s Jordy Nelson returned a punt for a touchdown in the third quarter to break the game open.

The Oklahoma Sooners went into week five undefeated and largely untested after four blowout wins and lost a nailbiter to Colorado, 27-24.

Both Texas and OU are coming off losses and face each other in the Cotton Bowl looking to regroup. Going into this week, by the way, Texas has a two game winning streak over the Sooners.

The Dallas Cowboys are 4-0 after beating the St. Louis Rams, 35-7, on Sunday, September 30th, six days before Texas/ou.

More facts to consider, the last ELEVEN times either Texas or OU has come into the Red River War having won two straight games, that team has extended the streak to THREE games. This goes back to 1950.

Since 1960, both Texas and OU have come into the Red River War having lost the week before only THREE times.. 1994, 1997 and 1999. The result? Texas won each time.

As for opinion time now... this year's OU's team has already peaked. Bradford played like the freshman he is against an undermanned Muffalo team. Further, the heart and soul of Oklahoma football does indeed reside within a Stoops... the problem is, it is the Stoops coaching in Arizona.

This game has the makings of those four straight Peter Gardere years, during which OU was favored most of the time...

http://imagecache2.allposters.com/images/pic/TRND/fp3926_b~Texas-Longhorns-Logo-Posters.jpg
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!

BigRedJed
10/5/2007, 09:08 AM
Who's for me locking this thread?

birddog
10/5/2007, 09:14 AM
**** off dip ****.

BigRedJed
10/5/2007, 09:15 AM
Wow. Sorry to make you so angry. OK, I'll leave it alone.

OUinFLA
10/5/2007, 09:15 AM
The great philosopher and essayist, George Santayana once wrote, ... blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, blah, ......
blah, blah, blah.......

texas sux

:twinkies:

BlondeSoonerGirl
10/5/2007, 09:18 AM
:rcmad: ASSHAT ALERT!!! :rcmad:

colleyvillesooner
10/5/2007, 09:19 AM
Lid, you're a good guy and all, but you can take all that history **** and cram it up your Whorn pie hole. I can't wait to see your avatar after we kick your ***. I'll look for you lighting your cigar at the end of the game, shouldn't be hard to find you in all those empty seats. :D

Hook em

CitySooner
10/5/2007, 09:20 AM
That has got to be the stupidest thing I have ever read.

SoonerGM
10/5/2007, 09:20 AM
i found myself falling asleep several times while trying to read that post.

Crucifax Autumn
10/5/2007, 09:21 AM
I didn't even know the cowboys record had anything to do with this game...what an eye opener!

yermom
10/5/2007, 09:22 AM
Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.

thanks for reminding us Lid. you are a real class act.

BigRedJed
10/5/2007, 09:22 AM
Lid, you're a creepy asshat and all, but you can take all that history **** and cram it up your Whorn pie hole. I can't wait to see your avatar after we kick your ***. I'll look for you lighting your cigar at the end of the game, shouldn't be hard to find you in all those empty seats. :D

Hook em
Fixed.

Desert Sapper
10/5/2007, 09:24 AM
I agree with the whorn. We can't win. The mojo against us is just too strong.

Widescreen
10/5/2007, 09:25 AM
*** PLAGIARISM ALERT ***

http://justsouthofthedot.blogspot.com/2007/10/coincidence.html

Is this how you argue your cases too?

Doged
10/5/2007, 09:26 AM
Lid, if you're right then OU is on the brink of winning 5 straight over the bonghorns (you know, like after the '99 game). If you're wrong, then OU is about to kick the cow sh*t out of the bonghorns and break those trends you mentioned.

I think you're both right and wrong.

OU will win another 5 straight, starting this year.

Howzit
10/5/2007, 09:28 AM

The not-so-great philandererer and I-sayist, Howzit, just said, ""Bite my *** and bark at the hole. We're kickin' yer *** tomorrey."

OU 35-17

:D

soonersn2007
10/5/2007, 09:29 AM
Based on how the two teams played, regardless of both having one loss..........Texas fans are fricking scared. They hope the lackluster, sleepwalking Sooners show up Saturday. But deep down, they know they are gonna get the /kicked the hell out of Miami team.

Texas fans, you're gonna lose, get your crying towels ready and your fax machines warmed up to fire Mack Brown.

Animal Mother
10/5/2007, 09:29 AM
You’re a funny, yet sad little man Lid. I hope you and the Texas team think that is why they’ll win. That should make for an ugly slaughter by the Sooners. Is this what your program has been reduced too? Rattling chicken bones and praying to the spirits of contests past? It makes me sniffle a little. Or maybe it’s the ragweed here in Fort Worth???

Kels
10/5/2007, 09:30 AM
Hasty generalization, composition, questionable cause, and appeal to belief fallacies. As a lawyer, you know better than that.

OU by 10.

badger
10/5/2007, 09:31 AM
Hey Lid...
http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/9954/lidig8rfw8.jpg
SHUT YOUR LID!

You just keep on ragging on the greatest team in Big 12 South history, while I remind you that...

1- Your quarterback's injured beyond repair.
2- Your coach is incompetent.
3- And he doesn't have Vince Young like last week.
4- And even Vince Young thinks you guys suck this year.

I'm Badger, and I approve this message:
LID WILL HAVE A NEW AVATAR AFTER SATURDAY! :D:D:D

OUinFLA
10/5/2007, 09:36 AM
All avatar bets ought to be based on a specific number of posts with that avatar in use.
Just to bet an avatar change for a period of time is too easy to work around.
Such as Lid just not posting................
HEY! Maybe it's not such a bad bet after all !!!

:D Good luck lawyer friend, your team IS going to lose.

cheezyq
10/5/2007, 09:56 AM
Typical ANAL-ysis from a typical "lawyer". Bring in all sorts of data that aren't related to the actual case (game), and hope that you can distract from the fact that you're getting your *** kicked.

Stoops is the judge and the Sooners are the jury, and you've been sentenced to 4 years of watching Bradford kick some Tex-***.

KRYPTON
10/5/2007, 10:03 AM
Second words into my mind were "pompous windbag."

First words would cause massive negspeking probably since this is a FSM-Fearing Family Board etc etc.

Seriously dude, you owe me like... three center mousewheel scrolls. That's three forceful but precise motions of my index finger that I'll never get back, and believe me, Mrs KRYPTON demands plenty of forceful but precise motions of my index finger, so I value them highly.

Tejas will lose because all its players will be all afterglowing on each other after 30 minutes in the locker room together, Killebrew spooning Kindle, GET THE MENTAL IMAGE! GET IT! NOW! IMAGINE IT! LET IT BURN INTO YOUR MIND!

aero
10/5/2007, 10:12 AM
The great psychologist and essayist, Timothy Francis Leary once said, "Turn on, tune in, drop out." He also said “The universe is an intelligence test” as well as “I am 100 percent in favor of the intelligent use of drugs, and 1,000 percent against the thoughtless use of them, whether caffeine or LSD." And lets not forget his memorable quote “There are three side effects of acid: enhanced long-term memory, decreased short-term memory, and I forget the third.” These quotes have been repeated many times and in many contexts. So... how, might you ask is this relevant? It's obvious from your delusional post that the whorn fanbase is quite in tune with the whorn football players when it comes to drug use.

TexasLidig8r
10/5/2007, 10:18 AM
It will be a repeat of this!

http://msnbcmedia2.msn.com/j/apmegasports/200709291739635761210-pf.widec.jpg

yermom
10/5/2007, 10:21 AM
thanks for reminding us Lid. you are a real class act.

see because now we won't repeat history because he reminded us

47straight
10/5/2007, 10:23 AM
That's a lotta ****** in 7.2 megapixel glory

47straight
10/5/2007, 10:24 AM
Wow, you can't say ******! I learn something new everyday.

soonerx
10/5/2007, 10:27 AM
Busted!

*** PLAGIARISM ALERT ***

stoops the eternal pimp
10/5/2007, 10:30 AM
After research, I found that OU currently has no players on its roster from that 99 team. I also found that the current Texas starters would probably be the scout team for that 99 Texas team. Mike Gundy protects Bobby Reid better than that O line protects McCoy. I m sure Mike will show up at the post game to help him out. Chris Crocker will show up too.

Media: Colt, why is your neck bent like that?
Colt: Well...
Mack: Let me answer that one for Colt...He 's played well over the first 4 games. He 's had good protection.
Gumby: THATS NOT TRUE!
Chris: LEAVE COLT ALONE! RIGHT NOW! Anybody who has a problem with him has to go through me!
Gumby: I M A MAN!
Colt:What?
Media: What message did you want to send to the OU defense that sacked you 6 times and separated your head from your body?
Colt: I d like to say...
Gumby: IM 40! COME AFTER ME!

Stoop Dawg
10/5/2007, 10:32 AM
The great philosopher and essayist, George Santayana once wrote, "Progress, far from consisting in change, depends on retentiveness. Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it."

I'll gladly trade a loss tomorrow for another MNC next year.

I agree with you there. Texas undeniably has some of the worst band uni's in the nation.

DalHorn
10/5/2007, 10:48 AM
Texas fans won the plane pull yesterday.

too bad you couldn't recruit some texans to help out. :texan:

Desert Sapper
10/5/2007, 10:48 AM
I'll gladly trade a loss tomorrow for another MNC next year.

Agree. :D

r5TPsooner
10/5/2007, 10:49 AM
What a terrible waste of bandwidth.

misplaced_sooner
10/5/2007, 10:52 AM

too bad you couldn't recruit some texans to help out. :texan:

Thats because Texans have to pull around their fat *** wives all the time!

badger
10/5/2007, 11:00 AM
It will be a repeat of this!

http://images.chron.com/photos/2007/09/29/8141108/311xInlineGallery.jpg

fixed! :D:D:D

TexasLidig8r
10/5/2007, 11:20 AM
Little Sammy Bradford's fate!!!!

http://www.deadspin.com/assets/resources/2006/08/texasoklahomamoney.jpg

badger
10/5/2007, 11:23 AM
Little Colt McCoy's fate!!!!

http://img120.imageshack.us/img120/4879/vincekv4.jpg
Fixed. You really just need to give up and take your @$$ whoopin' from a girl like a man, Lid.

Choctaw
10/5/2007, 11:29 AM

...whorns suck, suck, suck.Hook 'em

TexasLidig8r
10/5/2007, 11:33 AM
OHHH.. you mean.. THIS guy!

http://media.collegepublisher.com/media/paper410/stills/zx04065g.jpg

colleyvillesooner
10/5/2007, 11:37 AM
OHHH.. you mean.. THIS guy!

http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/1171/vinceyoungcrying375x266qs7.jpg

Yep that's him!!!

1-2 Lifetime against the Sooners.

Will it really take a loss to OU for everyone to realize it was Vince, not Mack?

badger
10/5/2007, 11:42 AM
OHHH.. you mean.. THESE guys!

http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/5341/recruitedrh1.jpg

fixed again and again, till you get it right :D

cvsooner
10/5/2007, 11:46 AM
Lid, are you familiar with the phrase, "Whistling past the graveyard"? I think that's what we've got here.

You're hoping history will repeat itself. Don't bet on it. Boomer!

handcrafted
10/5/2007, 11:47 AM
http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/4/46/Donkey.jpg

http://fmfbmx.com/Merchant2/graphics/00000001/COWBOY-HAT.jpg

Ardmore_Sooner
10/5/2007, 11:51 AM
If you actually go to the youtube page, you can read some very intelligent dialouge.

BASSooner
10/5/2007, 11:56 AM
Lid,

this is the sort of year we don't even have to show the past or see if there is any little "pattern" of who has been winning and losing these games. Hell, we don't even need to know which players are good/bad for the team.

It's pretty obvious who is the better team right now. It doesn't take much evidence to show that we're gonna kick the whorns' asses tommorow.

Texas sucks and always will as long as they still stand.

heres to another 5 year beating and several of them being a slaughterhouse

Hook 'em Hook 'em Hook 'em Hook 'em Hook 'em

TexasLidig8r
10/5/2007, 11:58 AM
Yep that's him!!!

1-2 Lifetime against the Sooners.

Will it really take a loss to OU for everyone to realize it was Vince, not Mack?

of course.. Vince led Texas to its biggest win over OU in 102 years.. and... of course. Mack recruited Vince.. and developed him into what he became (remember all those on here who said.. "Vince will never be a quarterback.. he will never win anything?!)

What would the Bulls have been without Jordan?
What would the Broncos have been without Elway?

Will it really take another loss to UT for everyone to realize it was Mikey Stoops, not Bobby Stoops? ;)

TexasLidig8r
10/5/2007, 11:59 AM
Lid,

It's pretty obvious who is the better team right now.

Colorado and Kansas State. :O

cvsooner
10/5/2007, 12:02 PM
No, they were better LAST week. This is THIS week. One of us will be 0-2 in Big 12 play. We both trail osu and a&m. Who'd have ever thought THAT back in August?

colleyvillesooner
10/5/2007, 12:02 PM
of course.. Vince led Texas to its biggest win over OU in 102 years.. and... of course. Mack recruited Vince.. and developed him into what he became (remember all those on here who said.. "Vince will never be a quarterback.. he will never win anything?!)

What would the Bulls have been without Jordan?
What would the Broncos have been without Elway?

Will it really take another loss to UT for everyone to realize it was Mikey Stoops, not Bobby Stoops? ;)

Pretty sure Mike was gone when we laid it to you 65-13, and shut you out the next year.

Psst...Jordan and the Bulls won six titles...

badger
10/5/2007, 12:03 PM
of course.. Vince led Texas to its biggest win over OU in 102 years.. and... of course, this was nothing compared to the shutout 12-0, or those 65-13 or 63-14 scores.
a real fixer uper, aren't you, Lid?:rolleyes:

Bourbon St Sooner
10/5/2007, 12:05 PM

I don't remember being favored either of the last two years. And speaking of history, Mack Brown has beaten a favored Bob Stoops team how many times?

badger
10/5/2007, 12:10 PM
I must say, however, Lid is handling his "sole resident whorn defending his team against hundreds of angry Sooner fans" position quite well. You really could be using Herr or nyte's help right about now.

I will take this difficult position into consideration when designing your new avatar :D

Ash
10/5/2007, 12:11 PM
I must say, however, Lid is handling his "sole resident whorn defending his team against hundreds of angry Sooner fans" position quite well. You really could be using Herr or nyte's help right about now.

I was thinking the same thing. Where are those other rump wranglers?

TexasLidig8r
10/5/2007, 12:18 PM

I will take this difficult position into consideration when designing your new avatar :D

You're a lady and a scholar....

But.. it is time to dine.. and start drinking margaritas...

In closing.... there is only one thing left....

http://www.willisms.com/archives/bushandmack.gif

http://images.rollbamaroll.com/images/admin/pomsquad.jpg

Texas 28
Dirt Burglars 24

Y'all drive carefully!!!!

handcrafted
10/5/2007, 12:22 PM
Well at least he has the ***-less chaps on members of the proper secks.

:texan:

soonersn2007
10/5/2007, 12:34 PM
Considering Bush is the worst President in history, why would you want to put that pic up? Better yet, you just put more bad mojo on your whorn team.

badger
10/5/2007, 12:35 PM
You're a lady and a scholar...
So you finally got it right, hmm? :D Alas, I have one last thing to fix:

Sooners: 70, Misdemeanors: 3
http://img227.imageshack.us/img227/3585/mccoytp7.jpg
You drive safe now, whornie! ;)

colleyvillesooner
10/5/2007, 12:38 PM

Aww that's cute, GWB signaling how many wars his family started in Iraq, and Mack showing how many Championship Trophys (Big 12 or NC) he's ever gonna get.

;)

handcrafted
10/5/2007, 12:42 PM
Considering Bush is the worst President in history, why would you want to put that pic up? Better yet, you just put more bad mojo on your whorn team.

Take that stuff to the SO, please. This is the football board and I really don't feel like opening up a can on someone right now that's not horn.

TIA.

Petro-Sooner
10/5/2007, 12:50 PM
No joke.

colleyvillesooner
10/5/2007, 12:57 PM
Agreed. I just had to tie them both in, so I used the only thing I could think of.

cvsooner
10/5/2007, 01:00 PM
Aww that's cute, GWB signaling how many wars his family started in Iraq, and Mack showing how many Championship Trophys (Big 12 or NC) he's ever gonna get.

;)

Heh. Spek.

KRYPTON
10/5/2007, 01:06 PM

Thus confirming all those things I've heard about how Texas fans, especially male Texas fans, are so good at yanking on cylindrical things with blunt noses.

stoopified
10/5/2007, 01:14 PM
Thus confirming all those things I've heard about how Texas fans, especially male Texas fans, are so good at yanking on cylindrical things with blunt noses.
:)

handcrafted
10/5/2007, 01:32 PM
Texas 28
Dirt Burglars 24

http://james.lipsit.com/Homeauto/smoke.jpg

http://www.hickerphoto.com/data/media/30/north_pole_MG0233.jpg

colleyvillesooner
10/5/2007, 01:35 PM
smoke pole?

TexasSooner01
10/5/2007, 01:40 PM
Bomb pole???

handcrafted
10/5/2007, 01:45 PM
what colley said

:texan:

JLB
10/5/2007, 01:54 PM

Incoherent thoughts of a man who knows his team is fixing to get their a$$es stomped Saturday.

bluesmagoo
10/5/2007, 02:33 PM
Who gives a crap what Santyana had to say?

Sooner98
10/5/2007, 04:55 PM

Texas 28
Dirt Burglars 24

Hooray for slightly above-average looking girls whom you can find on virtually any campus across the country!!

fadada1
10/5/2007, 04:57 PM
Hooray for slightly above-average looking girls whom you can find on virtually any campus across the country!!
...who will show their fannies to anyone with a camera.

GrapevineSooner
10/5/2007, 04:59 PM
Denton has hotter women than that.

fadada1
10/5/2007, 05:02 PM
Denton has hotter women than that.
so has my johnson.

i got nuthin'

OKC Sooner
10/5/2007, 05:24 PM
Who gives a crap what Santyana had to say?

Didn't he play at Woodstock???

ric311
10/5/2007, 06:47 PM
Bradford played like the freshman he is against an undermanned Muffalo team.

You don't want any part of that "undermanned Muffalo team".

aero
10/5/2007, 07:45 PM
Hooray for slightly above-average looking girls whom you can find on virtually any street corner across the country!!

fixed it. Now we know the real meaning of "hook em"

Intown
10/5/2007, 07:58 PM
ut will win if:

Bevo grows his manhood back
they get a new o-line
they all the sudden get tough

Mack claps enough

they are permitted to play with 14 on defense

they've been waiting to unveil a secret weapon

if they have supernatural mind control powers

and

some weird history fluke plays out

utex74
10/5/2007, 08:03 PM
Hey Lid...
http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/9954/lidig8rfw8.jpg
SHUT YOUR LID!

You just keep on ragging on the greatest team in Big 12 South history, while I remind you that...

1- Your quarterback's injured beyond repair.
2- Your coach is incompetent.
3- And he doesn't have Vince Young like last week.
4- And even Vince Young thinks you guys suck this year.

I'm Badger, and I approve this message:
LID WILL HAVE A NEW AVATAR AFTER SATURDAY! :D:D:D

The greatest team in Big 12 South history lost last week? Not even the fourth best team behind two of yours and one of ours. And we lost last week WITH Vince? Where was I?

utex74
10/5/2007, 08:06 PM
Lid,

Great post. Even if it is about as relevant as all the Lincoln/JFK assasination comparisons it was good to see.

My prediction is Texas 28, OU 24.

StormySooner-IN
10/5/2007, 08:09 PM
The greatest team in Big 12 South history lost last week? Not even the fourth best team behind two of yours and one of ours. And we lost last week WITH Vince? Where was I? I dunno, where were you??

He was right there on the sideline...in his "uni"...standing next to the clapper almost all game.....

utex74
10/5/2007, 08:18 PM

But Utex is here. This thing is going to surprise a lot of people I think. Every time Texas is disregarded they rise up and play like it is them against the world. This year they will truly feel it IS them against the world. Nothing to lose, no pressure, no injuries. Time to let it all hang out and see if Bradford can handle the Cotton Bowl.

got your six o'clock Lid.

utex74
10/5/2007, 08:20 PM

Texas 28
Dirt Burglars 24

Lid,

You stole my prediction. I hear Twilight Zone music in the background.

Desert Sapper
10/5/2007, 08:26 PM
But Utex is here. This thing is going to surprise a lot of people I think. Every time Texas is disregarded they rise up and play like it is them against the world. This year they will truly feel it IS them against the world. Nothing to lose, no pressure, no injuries. Time to let it all hang out and see if Bradford can handle the Cotton Bowl.

got your six o'clock Lid.

Oh geez. How many times in OU-texass history has ut been ranked lower and won? When was the last time?

***Crickets***

utex74
10/5/2007, 08:29 PM
I dunno, where were you??

He was right there on the sideline...in his "uni"...standing next to the clapper almost all game.....

Well, yeah. Even Vince has to actually be IN the game to help. And if we could have worked it out...

Flagstaffsooner
10/5/2007, 08:32 PM

Two guys with brain injuries, colt and Lid would make it a good golf foursome.

Socrefbek
10/5/2007, 08:33 PM
You left out 3 other historical times that saxeT won 2 in a row and OU won the next year. They have the same relevance as your examples seeing as how they are all in the past and were with completely different teams.

1903-1904 shorties win ... 1905 OU wins

1906-1907 shorties win ... 1908 OU wins

1913-1914 shorties win ... 1915 OU wins

I would think that a lawyer would do better research than that. Of course you did say since 1960 but then if you get to do that then you will gladly allow us to pick the all time series head to head at a convenient point in time like 1948. OU 28 wins Texas 28 wins 3 Ties

Thanks for playing tho ... :cool:

BudSooner
10/5/2007, 09:51 PM
Lid, you ****ers couldn't defend the Alamo from the messicans, what the hell makes you think you can defend the red zone??????????

I heard something this morning that was pretty funny on KMOD, those that listened to it can probably translate it better than I can but it went like this...
The Reverand -"Friends, this saturday, it might be in the fourth quarter or it might be from a Clydesdale mare but one way or another a Colt is gonna get dropped on his head"

kevpks
10/5/2007, 10:06 PM

Do people actually hire you to practice law? This is the dumbest post I think I have ever read. None of this information you posted has anything to do with this game. Do you think the players or coaches give a rat's a$$ about any of this garbage you are spewing? You can twist history to say almost anything you want to in sports. The Sooners are better than Texas in every facet of the game this year. I think the fact that Texas has lost their last three conference games and is reeling from a series of off the field problems is more pertinent than your inane ramblings. How many solid quarters has Texas put together this season? 4 or 5 maybe. Face it Lid, your Horns are overmatched in this one. There is no hope for Texas. Reserve your room in San Antonio now, and for the Alamo Bowl, not the CCG.

PS. Sooners have a heck of a lot more to do with the Cowboy's recent success than any Horn does.

kevpks
10/5/2007, 10:10 PM
*** PLAGIARISM ALERT ***

Who would have thought that Lid would go all O'Leary on us? What a fraud. Even my college freshmen cite their sources.

KantoSooner
10/5/2007, 10:28 PM
So, to boil your argument down: Texas will prevail because years ago a set of events took place which superficially resembles the events of the past five weeks. Okay.
Such reasoning ignores principles of causality fundamental to the last 2,500 years of western philosophy and shares more with notions of 'logic' common among neolithic shamans, but okay, let's go with it.
A friend of mine once met a reigning Miss Japan at a bar and was able to finagle a date. By your logic, precisely the same thing will happen to me if I go to the same bar and sit on the same barstool.
Only 4 hours 'til opening time, better go brush my teeth, don't want to waste my big moment.
Texas will not simply lose, but will be thrashed. This conclusion is drawn from the facts that our O line will protect our QB who will be able to throw at will on your crap D secondary and our D will keep Vomit Boy from doing squat. Although I think a three TD margin is probably a more prudent bet, I can see this thing getting into a 50-something to 0 demo-derby more than a Texas win.
Have an unhappy day.
Farq you very much.

A Sooner in Texas
10/5/2007, 10:33 PM
To knock a thing down, especially if it is cocked at an arrogant angle, is a deep delight of the blood.
- George Santayana

I believe those of us in Sooner land will be VERY delighted tomorrow evening.

Curly Bill
10/5/2007, 10:55 PM
Lid,

You stole my prediction. I hear Twilight Zone music in the background.

Speaking of stole: in the pic with the Prez
I think I can make out one of the whorns
trying to lift the Presidential wallet!

bcgvh
10/5/2007, 11:21 PM
OU wins by 5 TDs. Texas is not a good team and they're gay with each other.

bosworthsteroidmafia
10/5/2007, 11:26 PM
We Are...

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y212/loraxila/933527318ltz4-1.jpg

KantoSooner
10/6/2007, 01:24 AM
I'm going to frame that.

GreaterState
10/6/2007, 01:52 AM
Lid, you ****ers couldn't defend the Alamo from the messicans, what the hell makes you think you can defend the red zone??????????

Defense lessons from the team that gave up, what, 43*??!!! to who?? You say it was just months ago??

Sounds like Muskogee (among others) will be covered in burnt orange if that defense shows up. At least.

*somewhere Sooners are saying "at least we didn't give up half a hundred, just 43 percent of a hundred"

olevetonahill
10/6/2007, 02:04 AM
Run yer Mouths whorns , Your defense is gonna be as hard to find as bevos balls .;)

aero
10/6/2007, 08:45 AM
Defense lessons from the team that gave up, what, 43*??!!! to who?? You say it was just months ago??

Sounds like Muskogee (among others) will be covered in burnt orange if that defense shows up. At least.

*somewhere Sooners are saying "at least we didn't give up half a hundred, just 43 percent of a hundred"

hilarious when a whorn tries to gig us with our losses. Considering the monumental flops they've been through most of the last 35 years or so. They couldn't get another Okie to coach them to more championships. And my guess is you could go back in the history of the series and find that texas has probably won more times when rated lower solely because they are almost always rated lower, as it should be. :D

badger
10/6/2007, 09:42 AM
awww, utex, if you were gonna run your mouth, you should have joined in the avatar bet. I could have made you a "big tex" mockery avatar, kind of like i made a "lid" for "lid :D

Socrefbek
10/6/2007, 06:09 PM

BWWAAAAAHHAAAAHHAAAAAHHAAAAAAA !!!!!!

TEXAS BITES!

A Sooner in Texas
10/6/2007, 06:12 PM
Definitely looking forward to seeing his new Baj-produced avatar. :D

KantoSooner
10/6/2007, 06:14 PM
Case dismissed for failure to state a cause of action, counselor. Rule 13 infraction for wasting the court's time, treble damages.

badger
10/6/2007, 06:37 PM
Chill, man. Every fan supports their team no matter how obvious it is that they are going to lose. He was man enough to put up his avatar, and now, I have to decide whether to credit him that 4 seconds that Texas probably should have had for us to sack Colt again :D

tulsaoilerfan
10/6/2007, 06:39 PM
4 straight conference losses for Texas; couldn't happen to a more deserving team. :)

okieballin
10/6/2007, 06:49 PM
we all know that texas would have used that 4 seconds to throw a hail mary for a td, then converted for 2 to win the game. they would proceed to run the table the rest of the season by shutting out all their remaining oppenents. there would be no big 12 championship game, due to all north teams agreeing that it would be pointless try to stop the texas machine. ultimately texas wins the mnc with a domination of whoever is unfortunate enough to show up.
4 seconds........b-tches please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SanDiegoSoonerGal
10/6/2007, 07:20 PM
...OR NOT.:D :texan:

cheezyq
10/6/2007, 08:42 PM
Well, Lid, this is what happens when you base your case on random circumstances, rather than facts.

Bradford begins his domination of the RRS. Oh, and if we don't shoot ourselves in the foot all day long, this game isn't even close.

r5TPsooner
10/6/2007, 08:43 PM
Lid wears a bow tie... nuff said.

badger
10/6/2007, 08:58 PM
awesome pic. to keep bandwidth up, here's just the link (http://www.tulsaworld.com/articleimages/2007/bn107.outexas.jpg).

Soonerus
10/6/2007, 09:00 PM
forget fricken lid...geez...

douxpaysan
10/6/2007, 09:01 PM
Yeah...where are the blowhards now? Utex has the shyster's six...lol

badger
10/6/2007, 09:07 PM
Chill out. We win, it's a great day to be a Sooner, but let's remember how it felt the past two years... and save the gloating for when their alcohol wears off... and then, handle our pride with dignity and grace and smileys :mack::mack::mack::mack::mack::mack:

stoopified
10/6/2007, 10:59 PM
Ya know Lida had me covinced we couldn't win.We won and now I'm in shock,what do I do? :D

SanDiegoSoonerGal
10/6/2007, 11:09 PM
Ya know Lida had me covinced we couldn't win.We won and now I'm in shock,what do I do? :D

Drink something.

douxpaysan
10/7/2007, 12:03 AM
Drink something.
...and listen to some Santana.:D :D :D

Crucifax Autumn
10/7/2007, 02:20 AM
But there's nothing else to talk about!

Seriously, basing a football argument on philosophy and random numbers is like basing a "what's better cats or dogs?" argument on the psychology of camels during the reign of king Tut.

Flagstaffsooner
10/7/2007, 02:55 AM
Don't bother Lid. he is too busy suing ut for making him look like an ***.

Crucifax Autumn
10/7/2007, 03:06 AM
That only happened today? Coulda sworn they've been doing that since he was a gleam in Daddy's eyes.

Crucifax Autumn
10/7/2007, 04:51 AM
We could do that...or we could point and laugh!

KantoSooner
10/7/2007, 06:09 AM
God, what a day!!!
I not only ran across Texans in Tokyo who I hadn't seen in months, but ran into a group of USC grads in a local bar who were attempting to chemically recuperate.
All I had to do was sit there in my OU T-Shirt. You could almost feel the hate beams.
Like vitamins!!! I swear, I think I got a tan out of the deal.

Texas Golfer
10/7/2007, 09:22 AM
I wonder if lidig8r ever gets tired of being wrong.

douxpaysan
10/7/2007, 12:15 PM
Just a change of venue...He's probably on the Iowa State board yammering about how they have no chance.:hot:

tulsaoilerfan
10/7/2007, 01:05 PM
whatever happened to Herr Scholz?

yermom
10/7/2007, 01:18 PM

he was right though ;)

we were doomed to repeat history, and he let us know

we should be thanking him :D

MyT Oklahoma
10/7/2007, 01:27 PM
Pre game talk is cheap. That's why they play the game. <SMILES>

P.S. "Poor.. Texas! Poor.. Texas! Poor.. Texas."

MextheBulldog
10/7/2007, 01:56 PM
But Utex is here. This thing is going to surprise a lot of people I think. Every time texas is disregarded they rise up and play like it is them against the world. This year they will truly feel it IS them against the world. Nothing to lose, no pressure, no injuries. Time to let it all hang out and see if Bradford can handle the Cotton Bowl.

Bradford = A+