PDA

View Full Version : Who's calling the game on ABC Saturday?

goingoneight
10/4/2007, 09:21 PM
Nessler/Griese? :)

Musberger? :mad:

Thorne? :texan:

Franklin again? :twinkies:

Please for the love-uh God don't be Spielman/McDonough again. :mad:

Shneeg11
10/4/2007, 09:29 PM
I really don't like Musberger either....

I hope whoever does the game, got the 219 some odd emails that OU and TU fans sent to ESPN regarding the discussion of ND during that game

AllAboutThe'O'
10/4/2007, 09:29 PM
Brad Nessler, Bob Griese, Paul Maguire, with Bonnie Bernstein on the sidelines.

Shneeg11
10/4/2007, 09:30 PM

Good Deal!!!

goingoneight
10/4/2007, 09:33 PM
All-some. :D

I don't think I could stomach hearing about Pete Carroll, USC recruiting, how USC would do in another conference and why Musberger feels USC is the best program in the country.

I've always liked it when Nessler and gary Thorne call OUr games. They don't give a rats arse about what happens prior to the game, they just call it as they see it and they are very excitable announcers.

tommieharris91
10/4/2007, 10:12 PM
Get rid of Maguire and I'd be happy.

Turd_Ferguson
10/4/2007, 10:14 PM
BBS & Merv are doin it.:D

Dan Thompson
10/4/2007, 10:55 PM
I hope the cameras shoots are better than at the CU game.

I missed the last 10 or 15 seconds because of the broadcasters. I only saw the FG because of the replay.

Jewstin
10/4/2007, 11:10 PM
I'm sure whoever it will be will spend 30-45 minutes of the game talking about things not happening on the field or things not related to either Oklahoma or Texas.

"First down Oklahoma. Boy howdy, Brad, LSU and USC sure are awesome. And how about Notre Dame? Are they really THAT bad? Lets bring in our Notre Dame panel to discuss it. Coming up on the Dr. Pepper ESPN halftime report brought to you by the Home Depot, Kiocera, and Ford Trucks we will analyze not the OU/Texas game, but how South Florida is the new Cinderella story now that Kentucky has lost. We'll also bring in Pete Carroll to talk about how he has lost five runningbacks over the course of the season but still has the biggest penis on earth.

Oh, also, Oklahoma is leading ... we think. Allen Patrick scored? Yeah, remember when Oklahoma lost to Boise State last year? Oh boy. *cue fifteen angles of Ian Johnson's statue of liberty play* What an unbelievable upset! Now here's Ian Johnson to talk about the aftermath. "BLAH BLAH MARRIED A CHEERLEADER DREAM COME TRUE HEART OF A CHAMPION ZABRANSKY, CINDERELLA FELLATIO."

Now here's Dan Hawkins to talk about how pathetic Colorado destroyed an overrated Oklahoma team and knocked them out of national championship contention. "WE HAVE TO DANCE, STAY OFF THE MOUNTAIN TOPS AND OUT OF THE VALLEYS, GO PLAY INTRAMURALS, MY SON IS THE QB LOL." Following this interview will be Tommy Tuberville to talk about how the gritty, totally underrated and powerful Auburn managed to sneak by the unstoppable juggernaut that is the Florida Gators. Also, proof on how teams in the SEC can consistently lose one or two games, then have it chalked up not to being overrated, but rather to the utter top-to-bottom dominance of all that is the SEC, including the fanbase, the food, the environment, the women, and the softness of their grass.

And here's some worthless sideline reporter eating a corndog and getting mustard all over his face! "COLT MCCOY TEXAS LONGHORNS MACK BROWN FOOTBALL. BACK TO YOU, BRETT."

Now lets check our sportsnation poll -- who is hotter: Tim Tebow or John David Bootie?

*commercial break*
*freaking ridiculously annoying Dr. Pepper commercial featuring a fat football player dancing since, clearly, that occurs quite frequently while drinking a Dr. Pepper"

I'm not in a very good mood right now, btw, for no reason related to college football. This thread just reminds me how much I've been turned off from reading/watching sports analysis and how from now on I'm only going to watch the games ... possibly in mute.

douxpaysan
10/4/2007, 11:22 PM
Is this a pole? I vote for bonnie...so much nahledge...hut..hut..huthttp://img135.imagevenue.com/loc544/th_22102_sainz1_544lo.jpg

Paperclip
10/4/2007, 11:32 PM
http://awfulannouncing.blogspot.com/2007/10/your-college-football-announcing.html

tommieharris91
10/4/2007, 11:40 PM
Cincinnati @ Rutgers just became watchable. :hot:

AllAboutThe'O'
10/5/2007, 12:26 AM
Is this a pole? I vote for bonnie...so much nahledge...hut..hut..huthttp://img135.imagevenue.com/loc544/th_22102_sainz1_544lo.jpg
Is that a Brazil national team soccer jersey she's wearing?

The VIIIth
10/5/2007, 12:43 AM
No, but it's their butt.

goingoneight
10/5/2007, 02:01 AM

What jersey?

Crucifax Autumn
10/5/2007, 03:13 AM
Wow...I could bury my face in that and die happy.

Seamus
10/5/2007, 03:59 AM
Those pants make me wish she did pron. :pop:

cvsooner
10/5/2007, 11:44 AM

Ditto.

douxpaysan
10/5/2007, 11:54 AM
What....no Buffalo love?http://www.conigliofamily.com/images/1965Topps37Maguire170w.jpg:twinkies:

ocsooner
10/5/2007, 11:54 AM
If I hear one more time about the BS game last year, I might have to puke.

cvsooner
10/5/2007, 12:04 PM
Maquire doesn't seem like he preps all that well for college games. I got really annoyed with him during the Orange Bowl games televised on NBC in years' past.

I'm just thankful Chris Schenkel isn't doing games anymore. Man, I disliked that guy immensely...unfortunately, he's been channeled into Brent Musberger.