PDA

View Full Version : Should Halzle have come in for Bradford?

cvsooner
10/4/2007, 06:51 PM
I'll play devil's advocate for a sec here....just looking at the way the offense struggled...do you suppose Stoops/Wilson/Heupel ever considered sending Halzle...or Nichol, for that matter...in against Colorado?

I know Wilson said Bradford was "the least of our problems," but might Halzle have had any different success against the Buffs?

Discuss...

olevetonahill
10/4/2007, 06:54 PM
Two words
HELL NO !

goingoneight
10/4/2007, 06:57 PM
No.

With no disrespect to Halzle or Nichol... Bradford played a good game. Only four passes were "uncatchable balls." If the wide receiver corps and JJF made their catches, Bradford would have been 15/19 with a TD, possibly more.

Sam did not struggle, his team did.

Shneeg11
10/4/2007, 06:58 PM
should Halzle start this game since Sammy B struggled last game?

olevetonahill
10/4/2007, 07:00 PM
should Halzle start this game since Sammy B struggled last game?
Are you for ****ing real ?

achiro
10/4/2007, 07:00 PM
Seriously, don't be idiots. Don't make this board look like the whorn boards or arnge pawr...please.

aurorasooner
10/4/2007, 07:01 PM
Kind of like sending PT in for Jason White in the sugar bowl. :rolleyes If Stoops was going to shake anything up last Saturday, he should've sent JH in for KW, instead of sending Halze in for Bradford. CU DC was one step ahead of KW the whole 2nd half.

olevetonahill
10/4/2007, 07:01 PM
Seriously, don't be idiots. Don't make this board look like the whorn boards or arnge pawr...please.
Im fixin to neg some nOObs to bolivia ;)

cvsooner
10/4/2007, 07:02 PM
Don't get me wrong. Sam has played well and he didn't play all that badly against CU. I was just wondering if a different set of eyes on the game might have made any difference.

kevpks
10/4/2007, 07:03 PM
Halzle? Why stop there? I think Rawls or Grady would have dominated in Boulder. Gimme a break people. Bradford is our best QB by far. It is not even like we are talking about putting a more athletic guy in for a change of pace. There is a difference between playing devil's advocate and spewing nonsense.

Shneeg11
10/4/2007, 07:06 PM
Are you for ****ing real ?

No, maybe I should have been more clear on my sarcasm!! My apologies, I'm a huge Bradford supporter, I graduated High School with him

goingoneight
10/4/2007, 07:07 PM
Kind of like sending PT in for Jason White in the sugar bowl. :rolleyes If Stoops was going to shake anything up last Saturday, he should've sent JH in for KW, instead of sending Halze in for Bradford. CU DC was one step ahead of KW the whole 2nd half.

Kevin Wilson didn't tip two passes up for grabs that would later become Ralphie scores. Kevin Wilson didn't muff a punt and Kevin Wilson wasn't sucking air after playing 17 0f 23 consecutive snaps on defense. OUr team gave them that game, and credit to Dan Hawkins, they capitalized on OUr errors. That's what good coaches and teams do. Remember what Q did after Weinke fumbled?

Shneeg11
10/4/2007, 07:08 PM
Once again, I completely disagree with the title of this thread, my first thought was about the idiots saying we should have replaced Jason White in the Sugar Bowl...

Sammy B is the real deal and was not the reason for our loss, which has been stated over and over and over and over and over again, and then backed up by Stoops' comments

olevetonahill
10/4/2007, 07:13 PM
No, maybe I should have been more clear on my sarcasm!! My apologies, I'm a huge Bradford supporter, I graduated High School with him
Being a nOOb ya should use the smileys till we get to know ya .;)
Im glad now I didnt neg ya :)

Shneeg11
10/4/2007, 07:16 PM
Being a nOOb ya should use the smileys till we get to know ya .;)
Im glad now I didnt neg ya :)

Haha, I don't post much, but I've been on here for awhile, at least it seems like it!

I'm glad ya didn't neg me too!! I think the stuff on the SO that you write is hilarious!!

But anyways...BOOMER!!! :twinkies:

cvsooner
10/4/2007, 07:17 PM
If the offense had played with intensity of Ian Pleasant getting that first down--one of the best efforts I've ever seen--we'd be 5-0.

BoomerSooner07
10/4/2007, 07:17 PM
They should have put Hays McEachern in.

Rogue
10/4/2007, 07:19 PM
One player would not have made the difference Saturday. Unless we could have taken out the coach's kid from the Buffs. It was a collective meltdown.

Ash
10/4/2007, 07:19 PM
No.

tommieharris91
10/4/2007, 07:20 PM
They should have put Hays McEachern in.

Beat me to it.

bri
10/4/2007, 07:23 PM
I'll play devil's advocate for a sec here....just looking at the way the offense struggled...do you suppose Stoops/Wilson/Heupel ever considered sending Halzle...or Nichol, for that matter...in against Colorado?

Why, so someone else could have bounced passess off of Juaquin Iglesias' hands all day?

You know, just because you have the internet doesn't mean you should use it, slappy.

olevetonahill
10/4/2007, 07:25 PM
Haha, I don't post much, but I've been on here for awhile, at least it seems like it!

I'm glad ya didn't neg me too!! I think the stuff on the SO that you write is hilarious!!

But anyways...BOOMER!!! :twinkies:
Now I had to Poss ya .
I havnt read much of your posts
I try to stay off the football forum till game day . All the nOObs on here drive me nukin futs :eek: :twinkies:

Ash
10/4/2007, 07:26 PM
Now I had to Poss ya .
I havnt read much of your posts
I try to stay off the football forum till game day . All the nOObs on here drive me nukin futs :eek: :twinkies:

Yeah, well, we don't like you either ole man. :mad:
;) :D

olevetonahill
10/4/2007, 07:26 PM
Why, so someone else could have bounced passess off of Juaquin Iglesias' hands all day?

You know, just because you have the internet doesn't mean you should use it, slappy.
Bri doing what Bri does best :cool:

olevetonahill
10/4/2007, 07:28 PM
Yeah, well, we don't like you either ole man. :mad:
;) :D
Easy on the old stuff there youngin
I may not be able to cut the Mustard . But I can still lick that Jar :hot:

Shneeg11
10/4/2007, 07:35 PM
I may not have many posts, I generally try to hold off on posting unless I have something sarcastic or insightful to say....I guess I can start with the Game day threads to get my post count up!

But ya, if anything this thread should say....Should Adron have come in for Iglesias?

I don't believe that he should have, but it makes more since to me, I would like to see Adron on the field, because as mentioned in other threads, two 6'4 WRs on the field at the same time would be a headache for the opposing secondary

cvsooner
10/4/2007, 07:42 PM
Tennell for Iglesias makes more sense to me too. Along with not throwing it to JJF in favor of Gresham and maybe more to the backs. Murray just didn't do diddly squat. Offense really struggled that day.

cvsooner
10/4/2007, 07:49 PM

Ha! Pretty well sums up the day, doesn't it?

goingoneight
10/4/2007, 07:53 PM
I'm thinking since manuel johnson has yet to throw an incomplete pass maybe we should get him some snaps, too.

Sooner_Bob
10/4/2007, 07:56 PM
Only if Halzle could've played DB.

rubyspirit
10/4/2007, 08:19 PM
Yes, the offense was stalled. A change was needed to get a spark going.

The coaches missed the mark in the Buffs game, pure and simple. No throw to Kelly although he was open a couple of times?! Major boo boo.

Let's hope the problem is worked out. Does Sam really have the skills in conference play? His stats fell WAY DOWN the first game in.

olevetonahill
10/4/2007, 08:23 PM
nOObs should Read More and post less .:mad:

Vic n Tulsa
10/4/2007, 08:33 PM
Are you kidding me??? This board has been in meltdown mode since the loss to the Buffs...geez:texan:

OU-HSV
10/4/2007, 08:34 PM
Is this thread for real?

Soonerus
10/4/2007, 08:37 PM
You have to stick with Bradford, he has played well...

rubyspirit
10/4/2007, 08:38 PM
nOObs should Read More and post less .:mad:
Not when they have great insight. Opinions much better than those with a lot of posts, but nothing insightful to say. :D

olevetonahill
10/4/2007, 08:38 PM
Are you kidding me??? This board has been in meltdown mode since the loss to the Buffs...geez:texan:
Have some more red nOOb .
This Board hasnt been in meltdown . The nOObs have been plus a few idjits that have been here for awhile have been
:pop:

olevetonahill
10/4/2007, 08:39 PM
You have to stick with Bradford, he has played well...
Who the hell asked you ?

olevetonahill
10/4/2007, 08:40 PM
Not when they have great insight. Opinions much better than those with a lot of posts, but nothing insightful to say. :D
Just made my point !

soonerboomer93
10/4/2007, 08:40 PM

so is hornfans back up, i figured they'd be down for atleast a week after the kitties beat ya

Soonerus
10/4/2007, 08:41 PM
Who the hell asked you ?

Good point ole vet...

Shneeg11
10/4/2007, 08:50 PM
Let's hope the problem is worked out. Does Sam really have the skills in conference play? His stats fell WAY DOWN the first game in.

All the way down to the #1 QB in the country? I understand he did not play his best game, but there were a bunch of drops...

Do what I did, read awhile before you start posting, and then...make sure it is something insightful :rolleyes:

olevetonahill
10/4/2007, 08:57 PM
All the way down to the #1 QB in the country? I understand he did not play his best game, but there were a bunch of drops...

Do what I did, read awhile before you start posting, and then...make sure it is something insightful :rolleyes:
What he said . Lurk awhile , read then post . ;)
Oh and use the smileys :D

Shneeg11
10/4/2007, 09:10 PM
Haha, yes, use the smilies, my rep was almost demolished by olevet over a misunderstanding earlier

olevetonahill
10/4/2007, 09:17 PM
Haha, yes, use the smilies, my rep was almost demolished by olevet over a misunderstanding earlier
When ?

Shneeg11
10/4/2007, 09:18 PM
At the beginning of this thread

StuIsTheMan
10/4/2007, 09:18 PM
you have a rep?

olevetonahill
10/4/2007, 09:20 PM
At the beginning of this thread
Oh . But then you splained Uself and I possed ya :D

StuIsTheMan
10/4/2007, 09:21 PM
Your getting soft Vet...just say'n

olevetonahill
10/4/2007, 09:21 PM
you have a rep?
Hes a Ho bUt he our Ho . :D

olevetonahill
10/4/2007, 09:23 PM
Your getting soft Vet...just say'n
Naw I done negged 10 nOObs to bolivia .
This dOOd went to skool with Sam
He gonna get me autographs and stuff :cool:

goingoneight
10/4/2007, 09:25 PM

A-ahem...

Yes, the offense was stalled. A change was needed to get a spark going.

The coaches missed the mark in the Buffs game, pure and simple. No throw to Kelly although he was open a couple of times?! Major boo boo.

:rolleyes:

Did you even watch Bradford? Did you happen to notice only three passes were uncatchable balls? It's not Sam's fault Iglesias had a bad day and Malcom was double-covered.

Shneeg11
10/4/2007, 09:25 PM
Haha, "THAT AIN'T TRUE!" [hairGel]

Shneeg11
10/4/2007, 09:27 PM
Haha, "THAT AIN'T TRUE!" [hairGel]

That was directed at me being somebody's HO

goingoneight
10/4/2007, 09:44 PM
THAT'S INNACKERT!!!111!11 [hairGel]

zeke
10/4/2007, 10:06 PM
Stupid thread

olevetonahill
10/4/2007, 10:07 PM
That was directed at me being somebody's HO
You My HO :D

Shneeg11
10/4/2007, 10:17 PM
Haha, I thought you had ladies at DirectTV for that??

Because That's Garbage

olevetonahill
10/4/2007, 10:19 PM
Haha, I thought you had ladies at DirectTV for that??

Because That's Garbage
:P :D

Shneeg11
10/4/2007, 10:24 PM
That's what I thought

oupride
10/4/2007, 10:25 PM
Should the Sooners have run the ball more?

Shneeg11
10/4/2007, 10:26 PM
It seems like we ran the ball every 1st and most 2nd downs for the majority of the game...

sooneron
10/4/2007, 10:30 PM
Beware him, he's old and grumpy!:pop:

tommieharris91
10/4/2007, 10:54 PM
[hairGel] 3/4 OF THIS THREAD IS INAKRIT!!!! IT'S FICTION!!

Guys, the change we needed in the last game was to throw to Malcolm Kelly. Not changing to Adron Tennell, not changing to Halzle or Nichol. Malcolm Kelly is arguably the best WR in the nation. Him not being thrown to was inexplicable.

NOW LETS GO KICK TEXAS'S ASSES!!!!!!!!

Ash
10/4/2007, 11:05 PM
Not muffing a punt in the fourth quarter would have helped as well.

Shneeg11
10/4/2007, 11:11 PM

Guys, the change we needed in the last game was to throw to Malcolm Kelly. Not changing to Adron Tennell, not changing to Halzle or Nichol.\

I wasn't saying we should have changed, I was saying it makes more sense than takin out sam

tommieharris91
10/4/2007, 11:19 PM
A whole lotta stuff makes more sense than takin out Sam.

Shneeg11
10/4/2007, 11:20 PM
Absolutely true

olevetonahill
10/4/2007, 11:23 PM

Guys, the change we needed in the last game was to throw to Malcolm Kelly. Not changing to Adron Tennell, not changing to Halzle or Nichol. Malcolm Kelly is arguably the best WR in the nation. Him not being thrown to was inexplicable.

NOW LETS GO KICK TEXAS'S ASSES!!!!!!!!
Hey Tommie The change we really needed was to score More , And stop them from scorin. Just sayin :D

sanantoniosooner
10/4/2007, 11:25 PM
Brad Samford is the man.

Shneeg11
10/4/2007, 11:26 PM
Haha, I think that should be a key to the game anytime that graphic comes up on tv....."Score more than the opponent" and "keep them from scoring more than you"

olevetonahill
10/4/2007, 11:26 PM
Brad Samford is the man.
Dayum I thot its was Bam Sadferd ? :confused:

tommieharris91
10/4/2007, 11:31 PM
Jeff Capel is looking a guy named Sam Bradshaw to join his team.

goingoneight
10/4/2007, 11:54 PM
Jeff Capable is looking at Sam Bradshaw? I thought he was looking at Leonard Holtz, that safety. :confused: Maybe he can look back to last year's football team that played the UAB game. We had some guy by the name of AP wearing 28, a quarterback named Charles Thompson and a tight end supposedly named Reggie Kelly.

CitySooner
10/5/2007, 12:17 AM
Jeez....c'mon people! Surely you don't beleive that Slingin' Sammy was the cause of the mighty Crimson collapse last Saturday. If you had actually 'watched' the game you would have realized Bradford was not the problem. Now maybe if you would have posted, "Should Leach have come in for Wilson?", then you would really have something there worth discussing.

batonrougesooner
10/5/2007, 12:22 AM
If OU would have just scored more points than CU, they would have won.

I don't know what all the discussion is about.

As to the OP...Are you freaking kidding?

MarylandSooner
10/5/2007, 07:47 AM
being a NOOb, it is just fun to read, laugh and ask a question or make a comment once in a while.

Partial Qualifier
10/5/2007, 08:31 AM
Remember what Q did after Weinke fumbled?

I DO !!1! HE ICED #7 !!!! AHHOOOOOOOWA !!!!!!

BOOK 'EM HORNS!!!

Animal Mother
10/5/2007, 09:44 AM
Maybe we should have switched Iglesias' left hand to his right arm? Or MK's hands to Iglesias' arms?

KRYPTON
10/5/2007, 10:10 AM
No. Halzle should have come in for Reggie Smith.

misplaced_sooner
10/5/2007, 10:29 AM
Not muffing a punt in the fourth quarter would have helped as well.

I watch "Inside Sooners Football" last night on FSC. Stoops must have said, "muffed punt" 15 times.

I didn't think Bradford played a poor game. If the ball hits your hands, CATCH IT! If you can't catch the punt, LET IT GO! That is pop warner crap.

That was last week, lets KILL THE HORNS!Hook 'em Hook em

Andrew

goingoneight
10/5/2007, 12:30 PM
Basically, IMHO... everything that could have went wrong for us went wrong for us in that game. OUr guys were fast enough, talented enough, deep enough... they just made a bad series of mistakes. Sam played very well, I have to say. He just didn't get any help. Credit to CU for taking care of business... when someone holds an oppurtunity out in front of you, you take it. They did, they won.

soonersn2007
10/5/2007, 12:43 PM
Is Nichol not a running back? I think it would been nice to thrown Nichol in there and ran some option runs to shake things up, much like a Tebow thing. Sam wasn't problem, it was a team meltdown from top to bottom.

Something like this might shook the funk out of offense at Colorado.

HappyClappyMackBrown
10/5/2007, 12:57 PM
Im not sure Bradford was the problem in that game, yes he didnt preform very well, but his faults pail in comparrison to the real problems.
:Reggie Smith- If he doesnt muff that punt this conversation and many others wouldnt be happening.
:Coverage Defense
:Questionably Conservative playcalling in the 4th QTR.

stoopified
10/5/2007, 01:06 PM
If the recieers are going to drop 6 paases for no reason,it doesn't matter who is throwing thwm.Add to that Nichol and Halzle aren't as good at passing as Bradford and the answer is obviously NO,NYET,NEIN.In NY it would be FORGET ABOUT IT.