PDA

View Full Version : ESPN has heard our complaints!

sooner518
10/4/2007, 04:56 PM
Apparently Deadspin got a hold of an internal ESPN memo that breaks down the email complaints about their programming over the past few weeks. Apparently 219 of us emailed ESPN about Bob Davie and his ND love-fest during the OU-TU game.

http://deadspin.com/sports/espn-memo/espn-listens-closely-to-its-viewers-307063.php

Commentators - OU vs. TU - unrelated discussion about Notre Dame perceived as excessive - 219

Over/under on number of minutes spent discussing ND during the RRS: 15

StoopTroup
10/4/2007, 05:08 PM
If I thought they cared...I would have sent one.

I think they just like to try and upset us.

soonernation
10/4/2007, 05:18 PM
"Those two you had covering that game are so bad and again ESPN shows its true colors as all out Notre Dame haters."

:rolleyes:

Suerreal
10/4/2007, 06:21 PM
I watched them cover the USF-WVU game last Friday night for much of the last half. From what I saw, it was almost all play-by-play.

They also had an innovation in which they allowed viewers to see and hear the goings on in the replay booth. Added a degree of transparency notably absent in a certain game Saturday...

jigglymonkey
10/4/2007, 06:31 PM
Yeah, but did I miss the emails about how horrible Lou Holtz is?

Harry Beanbag
10/4/2007, 06:35 PM
Lou Holtz is actually pretty insightful and humorous for a dead guy.

RacerX
10/4/2007, 08:38 PM
This pretty much makes it all seem silly

College Football fans disappointed Saturday's Miami vs. Duke game was not televised on ESPN or ABC [25 % of all CFB feedback]

MichiganSooner
10/4/2007, 09:43 PM
Hey, I saw Drum Corps International and thought they were pretty spectacular.

OzarkSooner
10/4/2007, 10:03 PM
Sounds like we just need to get a REAL campaign going next time and get more than a couple hundred to write in. I sent in an email and figured I'd never hear ANYTHING else about it....

cheezyq
10/5/2007, 09:48 AM
I like how they state that the ND talk during OU/Tulsa was "perceived" as excessive. That statement confirms what we've already known for years...they're stunned that people DON'T want to hear endless discussion about ND.

KRYPTON
10/5/2007, 10:09 AM
Hey I don't know about the rest of you, but I totally got a raging Semi when they wasted half the USM/Rice game talking about Hurricane Katrina recovery with Robin Roberts. Mmmm... SEMI.

I half expected Jesse the Bachelor Palmer stop the madness with a "wtf?!?!? RICE IS WINNING?!?!?"