PDA

View Full Version : Franchione gives impassioned speech to man on ledge; man jumps anyway

Widescreen
10/4/2007, 02:53 PM
Franchione gives impassioned speech to man on ledge; man jumps anyway (http://www.gump4heisman.com/my_weblog/2007/10/franchione-give.html)

In the speech he talked about how much he really loved his players.

When asked if that was one of the main reasons he shouldn’t coach them anymore, he didn’t respond.

Midway through the news conference, the team got up and filed out, with Franchione stopping to embrace each one. Those he didn’t embrace made sure to stop right in front of the cameras to have Franchione cup their balls.

Why doesn't the AP ever pick up this kind of news? This is the stuff fans need to know.

MextheBulldog
10/4/2007, 03:01 PM
Heard on the sports radio this morn that several higher-up in Agy land are looking for loopholes in Fran's contract regarding the $$ newsletter. They want him out.

OklahomaTuba
10/4/2007, 03:07 PM
Maybe A&M can steal Saban from Bama.

That would be classic.

colleyvillesooner
10/4/2007, 03:20 PM
If anyone would do it, it'd be Saban...

footballfanatic
10/4/2007, 04:31 PM
I'm sure this has already been posted here, but isn't it strange that the leak on Fran came after the big loss to Miami? Like someone was sitting on that, waiting to use it when the time was right?

aero
10/4/2007, 05:00 PM
I'm sure this has already been posted here, but isn't it strange that the leak on Fran came after the big loss to Miami? Like someone was sitting on that, waiting to use it when the time was right?

No. Not strange at all. It was just a matter of time before fran did something as(s)inine. Just a matter of time before the fan base got fed up with losing. Just a matter of time before they figured out they were going nowhere with fran. And just a matter of time before someone let the cat out of the bag to get things rolling.

goingoneight
10/4/2007, 06:44 PM
The FRANchise has been so embarassingly dull the last four years considering all the cold-hard $$$ that program has. aTm is just like LSU... they're a LONG time separated from top-five status (on a regular, MNC-competing basis) but has all the tools to be just as good as OU, UT, USC and... :les:. They just need the right guy to get it going.

badger
10/4/2007, 06:53 PM
Franchione gives impassioned speech to man on ledge, man decides to stay... Fran leaves for another ledge, man reconsiders and decides to jump.

fixed :D

trwxxa
10/4/2007, 07:09 PM

The writer from San Antonio who "broke" the story was the person that brought it to the Byrnes attention after the Fresno game. At that time, Byrnes confronted Franchione about the newsletter and it was stopped.

This same writer apparently got into a bit of a tiff with some A&M folks at the presser the Tuesday after the Miami game. Not surprisingly, he published the story soon after.

The mystery remains who tipped off the writer. :rcmad:

bluedogok
10/4/2007, 09:26 PM
I would think that if aTm had shown some upward improvement that many of the cult faithful wouldn't be so quick to get rid of him, but the program looks even more stagnant under Fran than it did under Slocum and that is why the cult is getting restless.

goingoneight
10/4/2007, 09:31 PM
R.C. Scrotum never would have allowed this. :D