PDA

View Full Version : UT sucks thread reminded me...

TopDawg
10/4/2007, 12:30 AM
A) Texas sucks
B) Where will you be sitting for the game?

This is the first year I'll be in the endzone but it will probably be better than last year's seats which had me right behind a pole. I'm in Sec. 33...one of the "ramp" sections.

goingoneight
10/4/2007, 12:37 AM
I don't exactly know the numbers, all I know is it's the same seats our company usually has. If we turn our heads to the right, we see a video board, if we turn our heads to the left... there's a big *** pillar in our view. In the lower deal beneath the upper deck. We're never affected by the elements under there, which is kinda nice.

TopDawg
10/4/2007, 12:38 AM
That sounds kinda close to where I was last year.

I was the seat DIRECTLY behind the pillar. It blocked almost all of the field between the 20's. There was a really annoying Texas fan right across the aisle from me.

Fun game.

KantoSooner
10/4/2007, 12:39 AM
Ah, you lucky bastidges!
wish I was there. The last one I attended was 1987.

Oh, and to get back to the important stuff:

Tuck Fexas!

Crucifax Autumn
10/4/2007, 12:40 AM
Obligatory dirty joke:

So you were behind a pole? How did that feel? ;)

KantoSooner
10/4/2007, 12:45 AM
probably better than being in front of one.......

BASSooner
10/4/2007, 12:50 AM
I wish I could go but I couldn't get a ticket even though I'm a student.

I'll just save some money up for a big 12 championship game AND a BCS bowl:)

Crucifax Autumn
10/4/2007, 12:53 AM
probably better than being in front of one.......

Good point!

yermom
10/4/2007, 01:10 AM
i'm in the end zone for the first time as well, section 31 here

goingoneight
10/4/2007, 01:17 AM
I know one thing... I was smack-dab in front of AD during the so-called "lateral" last year. I could see the "OU" on the football. I could see PT drop back five and AD got up about a yard shy of the LOS. The ball left PT's right hand and bounced too high and far out off of AD's right hand extended in front of him. I was laughing at Texas at first because I looked at it as "those idiots think a dropped pass is a fumble." Then I see the ref signaling a TD. Oh boy was I pizzed. :mad: Then I see the replay... close, but IMHO, still a forward pass.

Crucifax Autumn
10/4/2007, 01:18 AM
End zones...poles...

We sound like a california team!

At least we don't have a big orange dildo decorating our campus!

TopDawg
10/4/2007, 10:06 AM
I know one thing... I was smack-dab in front of AD during the so-called "lateral" last year. I could see the "OU" on the football. I could see PT drop back five and AD got up about a yard shy of the LOS. The ball left PT's right hand and bounced too high and far out off of AD's right hand extended in front of him. I was laughing at Texas at first because I looked at it as "those idiots think a dropped pass is a fumble." Then I see the ref signaling a TD. Oh boy was I pizzed. :mad: Then I see the replay... close, but IMHO, still a forward pass.

It was definitely a forward pass.

For three straight years I was right on the 50 with Texas fans less than 3 seats from me. What years were they? 97, 98 and 99. Of course. I talked a lot of smack and finally thought I was going to get the last laugh in 99.

The next five years made up for it, though.

sooner518
10/4/2007, 10:09 AM
A) Texas sucks
B) Where will you be sitting for the game?

This is the first year I'll be in the endzone but it will probably be better than last year's seats which had me right behind a pole. I'm in Sec. 33...one of the "ramp" sections.
i think you mean that you sat behind a poll

TopDawg
10/4/2007, 10:21 AM
As far as I know, there was no voting going on in front of me.

But who knows? Maybe there was. I couldn't see much because of the huge pole/pillar.