PDA

View Full Version : I am really interested in what OU team shows up...

Soonerus
10/3/2007, 11:23 PM
....in Dallas...based upon performances thus far, we have the potential to blow out Texas or get blown out...I am throughly confused this year...I hear my friends in Texas expect to lose and are hoping not to get blown oput...weird year...I am ,of course, optimistic but confused this year..

AzianSooner
10/3/2007, 11:28 PM
Didn't you say you are confused about yourself all along?

I hope OU play tough and the score a bunch that will move OU back to top 8 after this weekend after Florida beats LSU.

Soonerus
10/3/2007, 11:30 PM
Didn't you say you are confused about yourself all along?

I hope OU play tough and the score a bunch that will move OU back to top 8 after this weekend after Florida beats LSU.

Good grief, I am catching shiiat now Internationally from Cambodia... but AzianSooner is a great fan so go guy ...

batonrougesooner
10/3/2007, 11:34 PM
I'm a fan but I'm not a homer. I honestly think OU wins by three touchdowns this weekend.

There is still alot of football to be played this season. OU will be in the MNC conversation the first weekend of December.

CatfishSooner
10/3/2007, 11:36 PM
This team is robotic!

Soonerus
10/3/2007, 11:37 PM
We need the fans who show up at the Cotton Bowl to pull our team through...

Crucifax Autumn
10/3/2007, 11:41 PM
If it wasn't 1500 miles away during my busiest season at work I'd be there!

CatfishSooner
10/3/2007, 11:59 PM
If it wasn't 1500 miles away during my busiest season at work I'd be there!

PSHHHH...excuses! ;)

Soonerus
10/4/2007, 12:00 AM
PSHHHH...excuses! ;)

agreed...:cool:

Crucifax Autumn
10/4/2007, 12:33 AM
LOL...You're right. I really just wanna avoid seeing any more friggin' Texans than I have to see out here on Vegas vacations in their 10 gallon hats playing high roller and showing their asses as they wander around like retards confused by all the lights before going to the fake Gilley's here to ride a mechanical bull.

They usually eventually end up at Sam's Town screwing up my Margarita drinking at Willie and Jose's, being the loudest a-holes in the joint while paradoxically having the least to actually say!

If I did go though, I'd have to find a way to spray paint big tex crimson.

KC//CRIMSON
10/4/2007, 12:34 AM
I'm interested in seeing how many OU/TX threads you start in one night.

westcoast_sooner
10/4/2007, 01:14 AM
I'd truly like to see the burnt orange end of the stadium empty by halftime. Total domination.

Crucifax Autumn
10/4/2007, 01:20 AM
I'm interested in seeing how many OU/TX threads you start in one night.

No big news here...A surprise would be some OU-dogturd state threads we see the week of the RRS.

goingoneight
10/4/2007, 01:22 AM
Texas has more talent than Colorado does. Same goes for anyone else we've played so far. We absolutely have to execute a clean game or we'll end up in one of those tight games. Guess what, we haven't done too good in those tight games here lately.

OU goes out and gets it done ala Miami game... the sky is the limit. Even defensive scores are possble.

OU goes out and tips passes up for grabs, drops sure catchable balls, fumbles and stumbles... and we'll probably end up back in the Cotton Bowl in January... if we're lucky.

Crucifax Autumn
10/4/2007, 01:26 AM
Texas may have more talent, but that doesn't mean they have a better TEAM...or for that matter more drive. Those guys aren't playing because they love the game...they play to get a happy jury pool.

Redgiant2
10/4/2007, 01:43 AM
You know, Colorado didn't look like they could do a thing against a half-way quality team until they played OU. I sincerely hope Texas doesn't suddenly come alive this Saturday. If Texas comes out ready to push OU around, no matter what, it could get rough. Personally, I don't think they're capable of it this year mentally. Their hearts don't seem in it. We'll see if they're ready to do what it takes to win.

Crucifax Autumn
10/4/2007, 01:44 AM
They'll be way to busy on their cells with their defense attorneys.

OUTrumpet
10/4/2007, 07:11 AM
LOL...You're right. I really just wanna avoid seeing any more friggin' Texans than I have to see out here on Vegas vacations in their 10 gallon hats playing high roller and showing their asses as they wander around like retards confused by all the lights before going to the fake Gilley's here to ride a mechanical bull.

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x191/Trmptplyr5/ColonelOHara.jpg

YEE-HA! :texan:

OUAndy1807
10/4/2007, 07:19 AM
agreed...:cool:
says the guy who's on soccer duty.

stoopified
10/4/2007, 07:51 AM
I AM a homer and say that the team that stomped UM will show up,that is the REAL Sooner team.

sooneron
10/4/2007, 07:58 AM
I still think UTerus shows up and this game will prolly be tighter than we want. Regardless of their hearts, they're going to hit the field pretty fired up. Whether they can get that to sustain and transfer to scores is anyone's guess.

ouradu
10/4/2007, 08:04 AM
....based upon performances thus far, we have the potential to blow out Texas or get blown out...I am throughly confused this year...
What performances were you watching? What evidence do you have that we have the potential to get blown out? A 3-point loss on the road? The sky is truly falling. :rolleyes:

FaninAma
10/4/2007, 08:30 AM
....in Dallas...based upon performances thus far, we have the potential to blow out Texas or get blown out...I am throughly confused this year...I hear my friends in Texas expect to lose and are hoping not to get blown oput...weird year...I am ,of course, optimistic but confused this year..

Texas will not blow OU out. The only scenario I see in which Texas can win is if the coaches play it close to the vest, like they did in Colorado, and UT manages to hang around. Even then it will take some favorable calls by the officials and turnovers by the Sooners, like happened in Colorado, for the horns to pull out a squeaker.

I don't expect it but it wouldn't shock me if the above scenario plays out.

Away from Owen field, OU is entirely a different team. Anybody who thinks this game is in the bag is just whistling past the graveyard.

Theskipster
10/4/2007, 09:00 AM
The first series will be a big factor in how the rest of the game goes. One thing I have noticed is that after one or two bad passes, Kevin Wilson goes into a shell and doesn't come out unless OU just out talents a team and gets a very comfortable lead and the momentum.

If Bradford comes out and completes the first couple passes, Kevin Wilson should call a good, creative, and open game that I don't think Texas can defend. Texas has talent and speed, so if it doesn't go well early in the passing game, Texas is going to be able to cheat to defend the run and very short passes and stop OU. Just like Colorado, only against Texas it will be uglier.

aurorasooner
10/4/2007, 09:36 AM
Texas will not blow OU out. I don't think Texass could blow us out, but I think they could easily win by 7-10 if we don't clear up some things. 1) It looks as though on offense we're giving away some keys to the the opposing defense. It's just amazing how fast both CU and Boise ran to the point of attack. However, with the very simple running game we're showed so far (you just either beat you defensive opponent 1 on 1, or it's either a loss or short gain.
from the Boulder Daily Camera: "I feel like this year it's everyone who is on the defense,either starting or backing up, is watching film to the point where they know every little nuance," linebacker Brad Jones said. "They know the characteristics of an offensive lineman's stances and stuff.
"Everybody is just dedicated to learning what they need to do. It's cool. It's so cool." So if we didn't try to look at what we're doing from the outside-in, this week, and don't change up some things on offense (which I fully expect we will) and we're getting 3 and outs like last week, then it's probably going to be a close game. 2)On defense we really need to have our corners jump some routes for some picks or knock downs, and when our DL can't get to the QB they need to get their hands up in the passing lane. I thought our D played hard until they got gassed. The CU running back, Charles, did a great job of being patient, and letting the holes develop as well as initially cutting back against our pursuit. Whether or not we'll ever be able to stop a good passing QB who has a talented line giving him time to throw, with this lazy zone coverage, I don't know. Just a gut feeling, it's our year for the breaks. If the Refs screw us again this year, our fans may riot. It's time for the zebras to call a clean game in the cotton bowl.

KRYPTON
10/4/2007, 09:41 AM
The same team will show up in Dallas as has shown up at every game. This team is capable of great things in all phases of the game as long as the elevation of the field above mean sea level is at most equal to that of the field in Norman.

One single foot above, we'd be cobbed.

cvsooner
10/4/2007, 02:02 PM
Thing that concerns me is, in one way, Colorado was like the Texas game last year. Got pushed around, hits started getting physical...and we couldn't hang with it.

That's two years in a row. I don't know if it's mental, or what, but sometimes it's just going to be a fight, you know? And you have to be ready. For whatever reasons, we just weren't ready for it this year, or last year, for that matter.

On the upside, though, it was a turning point for us last year, and I can see it being a turning point again this year. Just glad it happened BEFORE Texas, instead of during.

I'm still thinking, OU-38, Texas 13.

r5TPsooner
10/4/2007, 02:07 PM
I have no idea which OU team shows up but I seriously doubt that we get blown out by this UT team.

BoomerSooner07
10/4/2007, 02:44 PM
The OU team that is going to show up is going to have a serious case of Advanceddelusionaryschizophreniawithinvoluntarynar cissisticrage.
...Which means we are gonna kick their a$$.

East Coast Bias
10/4/2007, 06:15 PM
I think we have to go on defense first,hit colt hard and put them on their heels. We should be studying what K-State did to them on both offense and defense ,use that as a template and let it go on every play.Texas is like us, in that they will keep trying the same old stuff even when it fails. Whoever blinks in this game loses, and we are just as vulnerable as they are.In some respects they are probably licking their chops , studying the Colorado game.

soonersweetie
10/5/2007, 02:43 PM
I think we will win, but I am not so sure about winning it big. If we do, great, I just don't want us to go in there with the attitude that we are better than tx (even though we are ;) ) and end up with a Colorado situation.

I want us to get ahead to where we are comfortable enough to enjoy the game with out having heart attacks, yet too close to make ABC switch the game.

Boomer Sooner!!!