PDA

View Full Version : I think we now know the problem with Tech's defense

kevpks
10/3/2007, 09:48 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3048036

Slow reaction times:

LUBBOCK, Texas -- Texas Tech linebacker Kellen Tillman was suspended indefinitely after coach Mike Leach found out about his arrest on a marijuana possession charge.

Tillman missed last week's game for unrelated disciplinary reasons and then was arrested Monday when police responding to minor traffic accident said they found marijuana in the car he was driving. Leach, who had reinstated Tillman as a starter the day of the arrest, suspended him Tuesday.

Leach called the incident "a huge distraction."

"We've just got to see what happens and get to the bottom of it," he said. "We've got a season to play and games to coach. He's just going to have to figure it out."

Tillman's attorney, Dan Hurley, said the marijuana did not belong to his client. Hurley said Tillman has passed two urine tests since his arrest.

Tillman believes a friend who used his car stashed the pot in the upper part of car's console and that the accident probably knocked the marijuana loose, Hurley said.

According to police, an officer walked up to one of two cars stopped in the center turn lane of a street on Monday and saw what he believed to be marijuana. Tillman, the only person in the car, was arrested at the scene, Lubbock police Lt. Scott Hudgens said.

Tillman, a 23-year-old senior, posted $750 bond on a Class B misdemeanor charge of possession of under two ounces of marijuana and was released a short time later. If convicted, Tillman faces up to 180 days in jail and a $2,000 fine.

Leach hasn't said why Tillman was benched for Saturday's 75-7 victory against Northwestern State. Tillman had 21 tackles and a sack in Texas Tech's first four games.

Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press

birddog
10/3/2007, 09:58 PM
i believe him.

TheHumanAlphabet
10/4/2007, 10:27 AM
Leach hasn't said why Tillman was benched for Saturday's 75-7 victory against Northwestern State. Tillman had 21 tackles and a sack in Texas Tech's first four games.

Where was ****** (the "L" man who's name we shall not speak of) on this score?? I hadn't heard him yelling and screaming about running up the score. Hell, I hadn't even heard of a score until now. You know Nigeria isn't much on American football...

Oh, and why is it always someone who "borrowed" your car??? This week on the project, one of the permanent drivers went home to sleep at lunch (sleeping during the work day is a common Nigeria habit - even have a sign on the project "No Sleeping at Work!") and his brother /cousin/someone "borrowed" the car and wrecked it. No report, no notice, no police report - nothing...So the guy is crying in the project manager's office not to be fired and given a second chance. The project doesn't have much to say as none of the poicies were followed, etc. they think he was drunk and blah, blah, blah.

douxpaysan
10/4/2007, 10:38 AM
Where was ****** (the "L" man who's name we shall not speak of) on this score?? I hadn't heard him yelling and screaming about running up the score. Hell, I hadn't even heard of a score until now. You know Nigeria isn't much on American football...

Oh, and why is it always someone who "borrowed" your car??? This week on the project, one of the permanent drivers went home to sleep at lunch (sleeping during the work day is a common Nigeria habit - even have a sign on the project "No Sleeping at Work!") and his brother /cousin/someone "borrowed" the car and wrecked it. No report, no notice, no police report - nothing...So the guy is crying in the project manager's office not to be fired and given a second chance. The project doesn't have much to say as none of the poicies were followed, etc. they think he was drunk and blah, blah, blah.
I get the Loopykuh rant but my brain doesn't get the connect between Lubbock and Nigeria? :confused:

Frozen Sooner
10/4/2007, 10:48 AM
THA is in Nigeria right now.

douxpaysan
10/4/2007, 11:09 AM
THA is in Nigeria right now.
That's a long way to hear a boomer but by gawd I think I just did.SOOOOOOONERbthot

Soonerviewer
10/4/2007, 11:17 AM
'Dr. Death' to Dr. Life
"Dr. Death" Steve Williams, former Oklahoma offensive lineman and pro wrestler, talks about his battle with cancer.

Read the full story here. (http://www.tulsaworld.com/sports/article.aspx?articleID=071004_2_B1_spanc38061)

randu
10/4/2007, 11:24 AM
'Dr. Death' to Dr. Life
"Dr. Death" Steve Williams, former Oklahoma offensive lineman and pro wrestler, talks about his battle with cancer.

Read the full story here. (http://www.tulsaworld.com/sports/article.aspx?articleID=071004_2_B1_spanc38061)
Or here http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100880

Jacie
10/4/2007, 11:25 AM
It is a common problem among young men from the state of Texas to loan their car to people who have no where to stash their marijuana.