PDA

View Full Version : Cubs-Diamondbacks Game 1

bri
10/3/2007, 09:21 PM
Ahhh, time for the always fun Cub Fan Post-Season Pucker, where we sit nervously through every minute of every playoff game, waiting for the crazy thing that makes it all go horribly, terribly wrong.

Bottom 1, two out, man on third. My ulcer starts early.

bri
10/3/2007, 09:24 PM
And Big Z works his way out of the jam. Still scoreless as we head to the 2nd.

If the Cubs could steal homefield tonight and Rice could knock off Southen Miss, it'd be a pretty damn good sports night for me.

bri
10/3/2007, 09:42 PM
Hooray! Big Z leads off the top of the 3rd with a double! I love it when your pitcher gets your first big hit.

Of course, I hate it when your leadoff hitter strikes out right after. If they strand him, he may punch everyone in the dugout.

bri
10/3/2007, 09:46 PM
Aaaaaaand...they strand him.

F*ck, I may start the punching.

bri
10/3/2007, 10:11 PM
Guh. That homer the D'backs got may be all they need tonight.

Oh, the unbridled optimism of being a Cub fan.

bri
10/3/2007, 10:21 PM
The Cubs are down 1-0 and can barely get a runner on against Webb, and Rice is in the middle of blowing a 31-7 lead. F*ck you, sports. F*ck you in your earhole. :mad:

Mjcpr
10/3/2007, 11:18 PM
Good move pulling Zambrano after 85 pitches for Marmol. :rolleyes:

Same problem as they've had all year, hitting with RISP.

bri
10/3/2007, 11:29 PM
Yes, this sucks.

Sooner_Havok
10/3/2007, 11:57 PM
Hey, 2 more games until we can say "There's always next season"

critical_phil
10/4/2007, 12:09 AM
Oh, the unbridled optimism of being a Cub fan.

the only thing worse in the world is the unbridled optimism of being a soonerus fan.

imagine logging on every single day hoping he won't make a giant doosh of himself.

:(

tommieharris91
10/4/2007, 12:35 AM
Meh. I picked the Cubs to lose tonight. Tomorrow, against an average left-hander in Doug Davis, will determine if the Cubs can win the series. The Cubs can't hit lefties this season, but on paper, the Cubs have the better matchup tomorrow.

Mjcpr
10/4/2007, 08:27 AM
Great game by Soriano.

Hopefully he'll start to pick up where he left off in September....like tonight.

bri
10/4/2007, 08:43 AM
Hopefully they'll all start to pick up where they left off tonight. Geez.

The thought that our chances rest in the shaky hands of Ted Lilly really isn't comforting.

tommieharris91
10/4/2007, 12:39 PM
Lilly isn't that shaky, IMO. The thought of the Cubs going up against a southpaw tonight worries me. I hope they hit him around, but the Cubs have been awful all season against left-handers.

bri
10/4/2007, 01:04 PM
Well, maybe my opinion is colored by the fact that every time I get a chance to watch him pitch he gets hammered.

Maybe I should just go to bed early tonight. :D

colleyvillesooner
10/4/2007, 02:57 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quKraecWnTs

;)

tommieharris91
10/4/2007, 03:34 PM
Well, maybe my opinion is colored by the fact that every time I get a chance to watch him pitch he gets hammered.

Maybe I should just go to bed early tonight. :D

The game tonight just by itself might put you to sleep.

Sooner_Havok
10/4/2007, 06:05 PM
Anyone else wonder why he pulled Z after 6? And if he knew he wanted to pull him, why not pinch hit for him when the bases are loaded and there are two outs? Zambrano is a good hitting pitcher, but if you are going to yank him after three more outs, why not pull the trigger a little sooner and get a better bat in there?

bri
10/4/2007, 06:12 PM
Well hell, Z got the first extra base hit of the game for the Cubs. And he damn near knocked in a run, but the D'Backs shortstop climbed the ladder to rob him.

tulsaoilerfan
10/4/2007, 06:47 PM
Not a good night for Lou IMO; all his moves backfired

Sooner_Havok
10/4/2007, 06:49 PM
Yeah, sad when your pitcher is the guy who sparks your offense huh?

Sooner_Havok
10/4/2007, 06:52 PM
Well, when you are still contending in game 1, why try to game plan for game 4? The Cubbies could have won that game if they left Z in, gone into game 2 with some momentum, got the series back to Chicago, and won game three. Not a likely scenario, but possible. But why concede defeat? Hell, now the Cubs aren't even guaranteed that Zambrano will pitch again this year.

tommieharris91
10/4/2007, 07:02 PM
I'm not so sure they would have won game 1 keeping Z in. Well, I'm not sure who would have won at all had Z stayed in. Webb pitched a good game. But, bringing in Daryle Ward to pinch-hit for Zambrano if he was good for only one more inning. A hit from Ward (which was more likely than leaving Z in to bat) probably means Webb's night is done.

Sooner_Havok
10/4/2007, 07:22 PM
That was what I was thinking after they pulled him. If Lou knew he was yanking Z after 6, why not do it after 5? Your right, Ward had a much better chance of getting a hit, and any hit would have resulted in runs, and runs scored would have probably ended Webb's night.