XingTheRubicon
10/3/2007, 12:23 PM
Things that happen every year.

1. Friday afternoon, anonymous dumb*** horn yells:
"You're goin down, Sooner."
"Get out of our state, you piece of **** okie."
"OU sucks, hee hee"

Friday night, it just gets worse.

2. Saturday morning, UT band enters midway chanting "Beat the hell outta O-U, da da da da da da da, Beat the hell outta O-U. The Pride enters with the horns down. Everyone's faces seem to start getting red, (Soonerfans from beer and yelling....hornfans from schnapps and pulled hair)

3. Some hornfan with Raybans, untucked longsleeve dress shirt, shorts and loafers/flipflops will say "Why don't they just um give the land back to the Indians, anywaaay?" Another dexter that looks just like him (except his hands will be smaller) will initiate a forced laugh, "a-ha.....a-ha...hahahahahahahhahahaha."

4. Without fail, a 'rugged' looking Soonerfan (wearing a Rocky Calmus jersey with jeans and white shoes) will stop in the middle of the midway and scream "F*** Texas!" Other Soonerfans will mumble, "that's saaweeet" under their breath.

5. My little brother (4 beers deep) will start making unsettling comments about hot horn chicks. First he starts off with the elbow bump into my arm, then points at a hot chick and says, "not all horns are bad." Each year I pretend like he's never said it before, while I'm also pretending like we don't have kids and wives. Then he starts pondering horrible fates he would greenlight for me if he could nail said hot chick. He starts off with my losing a finger, to a bow and arrow to the neck, and always ending up with me being "ablaze."

6. UT band marches right to our goal line never quite breaking the plane and Soonerfans yell: "Get off the ****ing field. Colonel Sanders!", etc. The split field eruption/boo sensation that takes place when each team enters the field is right up there with sex with a stranger whose boobs seem to be too big for her frame.

7. TV timeout before kickoff, OU side with a deafening BOO-MER....SOO-NER, at the same time the UT side (including the refs) TEX-***.....FIGHT.
OU kicks off, ball is in the air, 35,000 Sooner fans including teachers and pastors screaming "Kill that mother****er! We tackle him at the 26 and both sides scream with elation.

Too weird to be every year:

1. Back in the 90's saw a Texas fan peeing in one of the trash cans.

2. I have never seen a fist fight between a horn and a Sooner at that game and I've gone every year since '92.

3. Saw a Soonerfan dump a helping of nachos on the back of a hornfans neck in Sec 2. It was embarrassing, I felt bad for the guy. I did notice the hornfan was less boisterous from that point on.

4. This one year, when both teams were highly ranked, I know you won't believe me, but OU won by 7 1/2 touchdowns. It would have been a almost surreal if we hadn't won by 7 touchdowns a few years earlier.

OklahomaTuba
10/3/2007, 12:28 PM
in 2000, sat in the front row with the band, and my other tuba bretheren, and we right behind the texass bench.

Right behind Chrissy Sims and Major Applewhite. When Mack started freaking out and subbing Major in for Chrissy, we let Chrissy have it.

He kept turning around to look at us with a "F' you" look on his face. I swear he was just about to turn around and start laying it down on us. We were horrible to him.

He then flipped us off.

It was great. Someone got a picture of it, but I have never seen it. That was the best OU/texass memory that I have right there.

mojohornfan
10/3/2007, 12:40 PM
You had me going until you said this...

(Soonerfans from beer and yelling....hornfans from schnapps and pulled hair)

Us :texan: 's love our beer. You know, Shiner Bock is made right here in this great state.
:D

SoonerGM
10/3/2007, 12:42 PM
last year was my first year to go. my wife and i wanted to go, especially with all the talk about moving the game from the cotton bowl. unfortunatly we found a way to lose the game, so i was kinda disappointed. after heading back to the fairgrounds my disappointment grew when i noticed the lack of crimson shirts floating around. then i almost went over the edge when i saw what in my mind was the unspeakable. someone was taking thier OU shirt off and put a Texas shirt on... not cool.

picasso
10/3/2007, 12:43 PM
I miss the run we had from 2000 to 2003 when we stayed downtown right next to the west end. It was the best Jerry, the best!
I'll never forget late after the 2000 game when we had to listen to some UT frat crew sing some weak anti-OU redneck ragging type song in some beat down bar. But hey, I did meet a stripper at the mexican food joint by the hotel who slapped my butt on the way to the lavatory.:eek:

crawfish
10/3/2007, 12:46 PM
My wife and I were walking away from a defeat in the mid-90's when a whorn mom looked at us and said, "Hey sooners! You suck!". The entire family - a nice-looking, white, upper-middle-class family with a new minivan, and including their two young sons aged around 8 and 6 - proceeded to flip us off.

We aren't the only school with uppity hillbillies, it seems.

picasso
10/3/2007, 12:48 PM
hey in 2000 we had to listen to a drunken OU lady person screaming at Texas throughout the entire game. She was plastered and not amusing.

I recall finding out I did not like Fosters Lager in '91.:(

Or the same year when we were at some redneck bar with outdoor hoop court and finding my cousins had gotten me into a pickup basketball game.:confused:

Or the time we had to load up a bud in the hotel luggage cart to get him upstairs.

OUDoc
10/3/2007, 01:05 PM
The split field eruption/boo sensation that takes place when each team enters the field is right up there with sex with a stranger whose boobs seem to be too big for her frame.
And THAT, EZ Million, is why you don't **** with the location of the game!

SoonerStormchaser
10/3/2007, 01:46 PM
EZ Million is a polesmoker! His hot air over moving the game to home/home will not happen in our lifetime!

douxpaysan
10/3/2007, 01:55 PM
last year was my first year to go. my wife and i wanted to go, especially with all the talk about moving the game from the cotton bowl. unfortunatly we found a way to lose the game, so i was kinda disappointed. after heading back to the fairgrounds my disappointment grew when i noticed the lack of crimson shirts floating around. then i almost went over the edge when i saw what in my mind was the unspeakable. someone was taking thier OU shirt off and put a Texas shirt on... not cool.
Uhhh...that could have been me. Lost a bet with the youngest a whorn grad(retch)to do that in the event of a loss. Was it under Big Tex? Shamefully yours....doux BTHOT

TexasLidig8r
10/3/2007, 02:12 PM
Have been to every Texas - OU game since 1977 except for one... (2000, on an Injun Princess campout)...

Have pretty much seen everything... a shirtless multiple tatooed OU fan in the row behind me in 1999 screaming out "move the chains" every time OU made a first down.. and then quietly slinking off when Texas came back from a 17 - 0 deficit to win.... a drunken UT kid, elbowing an OU student as he's walking up the steps in the Cotton Bowl... the UT kid last year being too drunk to even stand up and watch the end of the game and watching him hurl as I blew cigar smoke his way (yes, I lit up towards the end of the game)...an OU alum offering me a shot of whiskey at halftime of the 2003 blowout...

Inexplicable wins and losses...

No other game like it.

Collier11
10/3/2007, 02:28 PM
Got to our Motel on Friday in 2002 and was met by two gentleman in the lobby who invited us to their hotel room later for drinks so we took them up on it, came to realize upon being there for a while that they were gay(no biggy) but the two 10oz margaritas that they offered me ended up making me pass out in my bathroom for three hours. Either they drugged me or I am just a wanker but I am not the type of guy (6'2'' 215lbs) to be a light weight. Thank goodness that I was with a bunch of friends or who knows what wouldve happened to my backside!

achiro
10/3/2007, 02:33 PM
The split field eruption/boo sensation that takes place when each team enters the field is right up there with sex with a stranger whose boobs seem to be too big for her frame.
Found my new sig! :D

Ash
10/3/2007, 02:37 PM
Got to our Motel on Friday in 2002 and was met by two gentleman in the lobby who invited us to their hotel room later for drinks so we took them up on it, came to realize upon being there for a while that they were gay(no biggy) but the two 10oz margaritas that they offered me ended up making me pass out in my bathroom for three hours. Either they drugged me or I am just a wanker but I am not the type of guy (6'2'' 215lbs) to be a light weight. Thank goodness that I was with a bunch of friends or who knows what wouldve happened to my backside!

That was just Lid and Herr...

but yes, you're backside was in danger.

illinisooner
10/3/2007, 02:53 PM
2004 was my first RRS experience, me and 3 friends had seats on the 5 yard line, 6th row of the Texas section. That was interesting, but we got out alive. The day of the game we're eating breakfast at the hotel, which is full of Horn fans, and they run out of continental breakfast at like 8 AM. Well, the sign said breakfast was from 6-10 or something, so some Horn fan got ****ed at the manager, wondering why the food was gone. This guy was yelling at the manager, making it awkward for even his buddies, and he ended with a "Go get me some food, bitch!" and sat down. Nice! And if I could ever remember what happened in the West End, I'd have some good stories from there.

OUrules
10/3/2007, 03:02 PM
(Note: I sent this to my non Sooner freinds when I returned from the game. It's a dairy of what happend at the '00 game. It was the greatest thing to ever happen to me at a sporting event)

Oct 6th: I'm fired up as I'm making my annual trek to Big "D" to meet
my brother and witness another "Red River War". I'm at work wishing my short day would end so I could head to the airport. A friend in Dallas sends me an E-mail telling me I better bring some warm clothes. Huh? Your usually sweating at this game so I cruise the Web and find out that it's going to be 48 degrees and maybe rain!! Crap, I race home and totally repack so I won't
freeze may arse off. Good thing as it pays off later. On the flight the guy next to me doesn't say a word to me until we are about to land and then mentions he is going to the game as well and is a Sooner. Starts to talk my ear off all the way off the plane. Where was that when I was bored as heck an hour ago? My bro's flight is not coming in for another 4 hours so I high tail it and get the rental car and get us checked into the hotel. My brother and I have a traditional pattern of drinking to many adult beverages on Friday night and then barely making it to the Cotton bowl on game day to scalp tickets while trying desperately to get a buzz for the game. It never seems to work. This year we decided to try a different plan. Get all the stuff we need to tailgate out of the car the day before the game and be semi-calm on Friday night. Good thing we did this as the game time was moved back from 3:30 to 11:00 so that ABC could televise the game. Have you ever tried to get a good buzz before 11am? We were up for the challenge and decided to get down to the Cotton bowl at 8:00am on Saturday. Another key to this plan was the fact that we already had our game tickets in hand for the first time ever. I bought them from somebody off of E-bay for $205 a pop. We didn't care as we knew that the stress factor of scalping tickets was now gone and we would be able to concentrate on that "buzz before 11" task.

Oct 7th: (Game day)
7:45am - It was a blustery day out and very un-Dallas like. Cold as helck with a drizzly rain spiting on us. We made our way to rental, popped in some
Iron Maiden and started our trek to the C-bowl. We find a sweet parking spot on Commerce street underneath the interstate. Gee I wonder why? It's only freaking 8:15am!!.....The cover of the interstate proves to be critical as we stay dry and start the party. Commerce street leads right to the Cotton Bowl and hoards of people start to cruise by our car looking at us in disbelief as we are screaming and blowing my Sooner horn at every Texass puke we see. We are already out of control. 10:00 - The speakers on the rental are at their breaking point as Nine Inch Nails blasts out onto Commerce street. My brother is now high fiving every Sooner fan that walks by. He slaps skin with hundreds of people....We are a freak show to car after car of fans that slowly roll by the rental.
10:15 - We decide to head out to the stadium to make it to our seats
before the game starts. My brother calls me a wuss for putting
on my poncho as he is getting wet.... We both start hurling insults at every Shorthorn we see within hollering distance.....
10:45 - Made it into the C-bowl, time to get a coke, buy a game shirt and head to the seats..
11:00 - The game is about to start...Before I know it we score.....and score.....and score...and score.....My brother is screaming at the crowd after every touchdown " LOOK AT THE effing SCOREBOARD!! DO YOU BELIEVE THIS!!!" I am ruthlessly pounded to the ground after every score by him. I am blowing my horn like crazy and people are laughing their asses off at us. This continues until half time.
12:15 or 1:00 - (lost track of time at this point).....it's half time
and it's 42-7 or something....We go to bathroom and I'm screaming all the way to the John, in the John, on the way to the coke stand. (Tim tackles me in the bathroom) as we are both delirious with joy that we are beating the crap out of out of our arch enemy......We are finally going to leave that GD stadium as winners!!!....
Second Half - The people behing us are starting to get annoyed with us
now as we both continue to scream and jump up and down on every play. Two guys in front of us seem to be having as much fun as us. I notice my horn is broken in half. Did I step on it or did some jerk person break it when we were gone? I ponder this thought for a nano second...Who cares, we are kicking Arse BABY!!!
1:00 minute till the final gun - My brother had been telling me for weeks not
to worry that he guaranteed we would win and that when we did he had a
surprise for me. I was figuring it was a nice Cuban cigar or a cool smack shirt that we would parade around in outside the stadium. Here's what he had planned. He grabbed me by both shoulders and said "follow me dude". He started his way down to the lower rows until he got to row 1. There was this mean looking security guard standing at the opening to the field. I was behind him and said "There is no way that guy is letting us by if that's what your thinking"! He tells me to shut up and just follow him when the game was over. He snapped a quick shot of the scoreboard and we both held
our breath. The cannon blew and we blew just the same, right past the
security guard. He didn't even bat an eye. I was on the DAMN field!!!
I ran to the middle of the field with all the Sooner Players. I felt like I was in a slow motion dream and that this wasn't happing!! All the players were holding up the golden "Governor's cup" and yelling and celebrating. I high-five with Josh Heupel, Rocky Calmus and several other players telling them to "Take it to K-State baby"!!! Which they did....Here where the story gets really good....All of the players started to run up the famous C-bowl ramp towards the locker rooms, so I thought, what the Hell I'll go with 'em. And with 'em I did, right up the ramp and into the freakin locker room. Once again nobody batted an eye....
Locker room - there I was hugging Josh again slapping H-5's with everyone it sight. It was the best sports moment in my entire life. I follow the Sooner Football program with such intensity it borders insanity. So there I was in the Sooners locker room after kicking the crap out of Texas who had spoiled one to many trips to Dallas. How could it get any better? Stoops came in got up on a chair and gave an after game speech that brought me to tears. He was visibly choked up and could barely get the words out. The bottom line was that he was extremely proud of the team and told them this was only the beginning and the season was still young. After that I was drained and just kind of hung in the corner as I figured I would be discovered and thrown out at any minute. I stood there and just took it all in....what an experience!!! Most of the players were high tailing it to the showers so that they could get to the State Fair. Stoops gave them until 5:30 before they had to be back at the team bus. A small reward for the arse-kicking they laid on an
over ranked, over hyped, over blown Texass team...After a while I got
ballsy and started lumbering around conversing with players as they ate a special prepared chicken meal in little square tins. I sat on the bench next to Calmus for a while and BS'd about the game. I congratulated him on the INT return for a touchdown on that little runt Sims.....I was wondering where brother was, figured he must have gotten caught. After most of the players left the locker room, I did as well. Heupel and Calmus both had about 20 members of the media around them doing interviews so I hung around there for a while and listened in....When they were done I shook hands with both of them again and headed back down the ramp for one last look at the field. I ran out to the 50 and soaked it all in one more time....I went back up the ramp and went out into the fair and proceeded to eat a "Corny dog" and suck down a few adult bevrages. I then headed to the car to find my lost compadre.
Summary: Kicking the Shorthorns arses and making it onto the field is truly something I will remember for the rest of my life.....

Octavian
10/3/2007, 03:08 PM
Several minutes before kick-off in '01...a really drunk Texas fan (early 30s) was walking back and forth talking a lot of smack on OU, Stoops, and Oklahoma in general. He was cussing really loudly and being a jackhole.

We were sitting under the over-hang (I hate those poles) on the west side. After about a minute of this drunken smack talk -- an older (mid 40s or so) Sooner jumped up over the railing and started shoving and yelling at the guy. It looked like a fight was about to break out...but then about 100 or so OU fans stood up and looked at the guy. He turned to walk away and someone threw a Coke on him. He started yelling and said he'd be back. The OU section collectively told him to eff off.

The UT fan returned about five minutes later with two policemen and pointed out the guy that shoved and yelled at him and the guy that threw the Coke on him. The police asked if anyone saw it and could back up his story.

Silence.

The UT guy got really mad...but the police said if no one could back up his story there was nothing they could do. About 100 or so Sooners just started laughing at the dude and he stormed off.

Then we started a Boomer Sooner chant that eventually took over the entire Sooner side. A couple hours later, TRRW pwnd Chrissy like we pwned that fan.

Good times.

Ash
10/3/2007, 03:13 PM
(Note: I sent this to my non Sooner freinds when I returned from the game. It's a dairy of what happend at the '00 game. It was the greatest thing to ever happen to me at a sporting event)

my brother and witness another "Red River War". I'm at work wishing my short day would end so I could head to the airport. A friend in Dallas sends me an E-mail telling me I better bring some warm clothes. Huh? Your usually sweating at this game so I cruise the Web and find out that it's going to be 48 degrees and maybe rain!! Crap, I race home and totally repack so I won't
freeze may arse off. Good thing as it pays off later. On the flight the guy next to me doesn't say a word to me until we are about to land and then mentions he is going to the game as well and is a Sooner. Starts to talk my ear off all the way off the plane. Where was that when I was bored as heck an hour ago? My bro's flight is not coming in for another 4 hours so I high tail it and get the rental car and get us checked into the hotel. My brother and I have a traditional pattern of drinking to many adult beverages on Friday night and then barely making it to the Cotton bowl on game day to scalp tickets while trying desperately to get a buzz for the game. It never seems to work. This year we decided to try a different plan. Get all the stuff we need to tailgate out of the car the day before the game and be semi-calm on Friday night. Good thing we did this as the game time was moved back from 3:30 to 11:00 so that ABC could televise the game. Have you ever tried to get a good buzz before 11am? We were up for the challenge and decided to get down to the Cotton bowl at 8:00am on Saturday. Another key to this plan was the fact that we already had our game tickets in hand for the first time ever. I bought them from somebody off of E-bay for $205 a pop. We didn't care as we knew that the stress factor of scalping tickets was now gone and we would be able to concentrate on that "buzz before 11" task.

7:45am - It was a blustery day out and very un-Dallas like. Cold as helck with a drizzly rain spiting on us. We made our way to rental, popped in some
Iron Maiden and started our trek to the C-bowl. We find a sweet parking spot on Commerce street underneath the interstate. Gee I wonder why? It's only freaking 8:15am!!.....The cover of the interstate proves to be critical as we stay dry and start the party. Commerce street leads right to the Cotton Bowl and hoards of people start to cruise by our car looking at us in disbelief as we are screaming and blowing my Sooner horn at every Texass puke we see. We are already out of control. 10:00 - The speakers on the rental are at their breaking point as Nine Inch Nails blasts out onto Commerce street. My brother is now high fiving every Sooner fan that walks by. He slaps skin with hundreds of people....We are a freak show to car after car of fans that slowly roll by the rental.
on my poncho as he is getting wet.... We both start hurling insults at every Shorthorn we see within hollering distance.....
10:45 - Made it into the C-bowl, time to get a coke, buy a game shirt and head to the seats..
11:00 - The game is about to start...Before I know it we score.....and score.....and score...and score.....My brother is screaming at the crowd after every touchdown " LOOK AT THE effing SCOREBOARD!! DO YOU BELIEVE THIS!!!" I am ruthlessly pounded to the ground after every score by him. I am blowing my horn like crazy and people are laughing their asses off at us. This continues until half time.
and it's 42-7 or something....We go to bathroom and I'm screaming all the way to the John, in the John, on the way to the coke stand. (Tim tackles me in the bathroom) as we are both delirious with joy that we are beating the crap out of out of our arch enemy......We are finally going to leave that GD stadium as winners!!!....
now as we both continue to scream and jump up and down on every play. Two guys in front of us seem to be having as much fun as us. I notice my horn is broken in half. Did I step on it or did some jerk person break it when we were gone? I ponder this thought for a nano second...Who cares, we are kicking Arse BABY!!!
surprise for me. I was figuring it was a nice Cuban cigar or a cool smack shirt that we would parade around in outside the stadium. Here's what he had planned. He grabbed me by both shoulders and said "follow me dude". He started his way down to the lower rows until he got to row 1. There was this mean looking security guard standing at the opening to the field. I was behind him and said "There is no way that guy is letting us by if that's what your thinking"! He tells me to shut up and just follow him when the game was over. He snapped a quick shot of the scoreboard and we both held
I ran to the middle of the field with all the Sooner Players. I felt like I was in a slow motion dream and that this wasn't happing!! All the players were holding up the golden "Governor's cup" and yelling and celebrating. I high-five with Josh Heupel, Rocky Calmus and several other players telling them to "Take it to K-State baby"!!! Which they did....Here where the story gets really good....All of the players started to run up the famous C-bowl ramp towards the locker rooms, so I thought, what the Hell I'll go with 'em. And with 'em I did, right up the ramp and into the freakin locker room. Once again nobody batted an eye....
Locker room - there I was hugging Josh again slapping H-5's with everyone it sight. It was the best sports moment in my entire life. I follow the Sooner Football program with such intensity it borders insanity. So there I was in the Sooners locker room after kicking the crap out of Texas who had spoiled one to many trips to Dallas. How could it get any better? Stoops came in got up on a chair and gave an after game speech that brought me to tears. He was visibly choked up and could barely get the words out. The bottom line was that he was extremely proud of the team and told them this was only the beginning and the season was still young. After that I was drained and just kind of hung in the corner as I figured I would be discovered and thrown out at any minute. I stood there and just took it all in....what an experience!!! Most of the players were high tailing it to the showers so that they could get to the State Fair. Stoops gave them until 5:30 before they had to be back at the team bus. A small reward for the arse-kicking they laid on an
ballsy and started lumbering around conversing with players as they ate a special prepared chicken meal in little square tins. I sat on the bench next to Calmus for a while and BS'd about the game. I congratulated him on the INT return for a touchdown on that little runt Sims.....I was wondering where brother was, figured he must have gotten caught. After most of the players left the locker room, I did as well. Heupel and Calmus both had about 20 members of the media around them doing interviews so I hung around there for a while and listened in....When they were done I shook hands with both of them again and headed back down the ramp for one last look at the field. I ran out to the 50 and soaked it all in one more time....I went back up the ramp and went out into the fair and proceeded to eat a "Corny dog" and suck down a few adult bevrages. I then headed to the car to find my lost compadre.
Summary: Kicking the Shorthorns arses and making it onto the field is truly something I will remember for the rest of my life.....

I tried reading your post, but I went blind part way through.

DalHorn
10/3/2007, 03:24 PM
The closest I've ever been in a fight was last year after the game. OU fans seemed to take last year's loss worse than I can remember. We were in one of those bars right outside the NE side of the fair.

Some dude in an Peterson jersey - one of those silvery ones - and about twice my size. He just looked at my Texas shirt and proceeded to put me in a rudementary headlock. He was so trashed I just loosed myself and pushed him away. He then came at me full speed. My life flashed before my eyes as he was seriously a large dude. Fortunately his pals didn't think it was worth bailing him outta the can and grabbed him at the last minute.

Other than that, all my experiences have been benign and friendly for the most part. I'm always surprised at the number of mixed UT-OU couples and groups hanging out together. There is a lot more tension at UT - a$m games. At least in my experience.

Readyfor8
10/3/2007, 03:25 PM
All I know is we are sure to win because I don't have tickets.

I have been to three RRS/RRR's and all were losses.

1997 - I saw a miraculous run by Demond Parker at the end of the game, and Sooner Magic was on the move. Until Texas decided to take penalties in an effort to run out the clock to win.

2005 - I stayed the entire game and it was a blow out, one of the worst games I have ever witnessed in person, second only to OSU 2001.

2006 - Was a heartbreaker, we had it at the half, and we had some questionable calls including a lateral, a "fumble" by AD that came out after it hit the ground.

In 2004 I was in Dallas but didn't get into the game and we won 12-0, this year I'm watching in OKC. That means we win 66-12... Book it

schlanker
10/3/2007, 04:48 PM
In 2000 a horn fan was driving down the road yelling at me and a few friends about how they were going to win. blah blah blah (we know how that turned out) While we were yelling back he took his eyes off the road to get a better look at us and slammed into the car in front of him also full of horns.

That started the weekend off on the right track.

StoopTroup
10/3/2007, 05:00 PM
I was walking around with some red foam horns down on my baseball cap minding my own business when this drunk whorn gal comes rushing towards me and hit me with both hands in the chest while screaming "GET OUT !".

It kind of shocked me and I reacted immediately with a small back handed bird to her forehead while saying "**** OFF ! ! ! ".

I could hear her friends gasp as I tapped "Princess" on the forehead....

I looked at my friend and said the only word I could come up with....

RUN !

We did and she followed us.

She knocked down an Old Lady to get to me and then hit me again while screaming "Never hit a Lady!"....

I told her..."I won't once I see one".

Moral of the story: Don't assault me and I won't hit you back.

BTW...I'm not prOUd of that incident...it was just a reaction that hopefully will never happen again.

I may need a female body guard Saturday. :D

http://www.killjanedoethemovie.com/KJD%20Photos/FA-Valyrie02b.jpg

Seamus
10/3/2007, 06:13 PM
... popped in some
Iron Maiden ...

Spek for that part alone.

Geekboy
10/3/2007, 06:53 PM
Don't have any specific story except this will be my fifth RRS in a row and each year there is legendary drinking and debauchery. Maybe because of the drinking I can't quite remember what went down on Saturday.
Yes, even during the morning games.

Maybe this year I'll take notes.

Miko
10/3/2007, 07:28 PM
In 88 we took took the roadie down to Big D. Someone had a cow stuffed animal and we tied it to the bumper for the drive. We completed the check list: Cow hitched to car-check, Gal of Wild Turkey-check, 4'x6' flag out each window-check, enough cash for one meal but lots of beer-check, total absence of place to stay or game tickets-check.

Friday night we hit dallas alley and hit it hard. One of our crew was a very large neanderthal and he started getting into it with some horn. I wasn't paying much attention because one, I was busy talking to a girl, and two, if that he needed my help in a fight we were all screwed. I looked up to check on him in time to see a stream of liquid arcing through the air into the crowd panning towards me. I thought that odd. My gaze followed it back to the source, a small canister in the horn's hand. I realized it must be mace about the time liquid fire assaulted my eyes. I found my way to a bathroom to try to wash the crap outta my eyes. I found out later my buddy got maced full force too, still hunted the horn down and was beating the crap outta him when the cops pulled him off and dragged the horn to jail.

Saturday, reasonably rested and properly liquored up again, we snuck six of us into the fairgrounds then into the Cotton Bowl. Understandably it was hard to find a seat without a ticket, but we found room for all of us. We were able to all sit together and still had room for our two 4x6 flags. We were directly behind the texas band.

They had an annoying cheer, "t-t-t-e-x-x-x-xas=texas" with ample room for the word sux to fit in there before starting again. We happily filled in the missing word for them. They didn't seem to appreciate our generocity.

We were winning and I had to make a pit stop. Near the top of the stairs to the ramp down into the interior of the stadium were some horn students passing what appeared to be a homemade cigarette of some sort. I stopped and stood next to them for a moment and they blindly handed it to me. I was now enjoying their generocity when one of them noticed my crimison hat and OU shirt. He screamed at me, staggered and threw a punch which hit me in the chest. Off-ballance I returned fire with a roundhouse punch that totally missed him but clocked his unsuspecting buddy pretty good. Punches were flying and there was a lot of pushing and cursing. Somehow I got pushed into the tunnell and out of the fray. With their homemade cigarette.

I decided there would be plenty of brawl left, besides I had to go. My buddies caught up with me and we enjoyed the rest of the game prowling around the stadium.

Amazingly we were never kicked out and none of us got arrested until after the game on the fairgrounds. BTW- the cops have no sense of humor when it comes to sharing the little police golf carts they had. :rolleyes:

AlbqSooner
10/3/2007, 07:42 PM
1978 - Wife and I scored tickets in the upper deck about the 35 yard line. Unfortunately they were among the whorn fans. After we scored for the second time we were standing and singing Boomer Sooner as the band played. Very wealthy looking middle aged whorn woman in burnt orange 3 piece suit with burnt orange cowboy hat and burnt orange boots turns to her similarly attired hubby and says just loud enough for us to hear, "They say Sooner Born and Sooner bred and that's a damn lie. They are all texass traitors gone north to play football."

My 5'0" 95 lb wife says, loud enough for everyone around us to hear, "Well, liars and traitors - what do you expect from Texas?" And laughed uncontrollably. Thought we were going to have to fight our way out but only got the verbal assault. No one seemed willing to throw down.

Jacie
10/3/2007, 08:19 PM
Specific years I am kinda hazy with but most of my pillaging (we didn't do any raping) occurred from the 70's into the early 80's. The really good stuff happened in the years just after graduation (75).

I should probably apologize to the City of Dallas in general for any misdeeds me and my friends visited upon it and the residents thereof. It wasn't their fault they shared the same state as the fans of saxet.

Okay, one year my best friend scored an extra student ticket for his father to use. The only catch was that you needed a student ID with your picture on it to use the ticket. So my friend let his father go in first and you know what the line is like at the Cotton Bowl there where the students go in. When his dad got to the ticket taker who looked at the ID and back at the obviously too old man, his dad shrugged and said, "I have been in school a long time." They let him in, and we passed the ID back to my friend through the chain link fence for him to use.

Different year, we used the old go-in-then-go-back-out-with-extra-ticket-stub so another person could get in using it. We did this three times on one ticket. There was another couple in our group without a ticket and they got tired of waiting so they just went over the fence there at the southwest corner of the stadium, by pulling themselves up on this tree, more like a sapling, that was beside the chain link. I don't know where everyone sat but we got a lot of people in that day on two tickets!

We kinda wrecked this bar, Fannie Annie's, or at least damaged it some on Saturday night after the game when we were dancing in the seat which was actually a bench that ran along the wall. It collapsed under our combined weight and we all slid down to the floor. We left very quickly at that point.

We wanted to throw a television out the window of the Hilton on Commerce one Friday night but the windows wouldn't open far enough. We settled on a phone book. It landed in the street and didn't hit anything but I imagine it freaked out anyone who happened to be nearby when it landed.

josh09
10/3/2007, 10:06 PM
2004, saw that guy who was walking around with the sign that said "Adrian is better than Cedric" (he was shown on tv), yelled BOOMER in his face and gave him one of the hardest high fives in my life.

Same year, they were handing out those hands with each teams fingers, and all the OU fans went to steal the whorns ones just so they could do it upside down. Got caught by a horn stealing theirs, but just plain ignored him when he yelled something at me.

2003, sat right next to the tunnel, and as the texass players came onto the field, spit onto one, getting a rise out of him lol. This was the yelled conversation that followed:

PLAYER-F*** YOU SOONER!!!

ME-YOU BETTER GET USED TO THE TASTE OF OUR SPIT, CUZ ITS GONNA BE ALL OVER YOU ALL DAY!!!

PLAYER-IT AINT GONNA HAPPEN, MUTHA F*CKER!

ME-YEA THATS WHAT YALL SAID THE PAST 3 YEARS. YOUR OUR BITCHES!!!

His next few comments were drowned out by the heap of yelling other sooner fans around me were doing, for they had all witnessed this encounter.

josh09
10/3/2007, 10:11 PM
Oh yea, also in 2004:

As we were driving down the highway after the game, my friend leans out the window (probably the result of one too many), and shoves the upside down longhonrs toward a passing whorn, and yells "HOW DOES IT FEEL TO BE OUR BITCHES!! YALL SUCK ***!!!", which was returned by a flip of the birdie from the whorn. I then proceeded to cut him off, which was even funnier, as i was in a giant suburban, whereas he was driving a corolla.

ouwasp
10/3/2007, 11:47 PM
1990, a terribly lackluster game that ended in a missed sooner fg, allowing the horns to win.

The funny thing happened in the 3rd quarter. My Dad and I were sitting about the goal line, 30 rows up. The game is so frustrating/boring (Gibbs era) we notice this large bird floating about the south endzone. The bird was really big.

It lights on the scoreboard in the south end zone. And promptly spouts a massive stream of excrement onto the crowd below! :eek: There was this ripple of laughter amongst those of us who witnessed this. Many beer cups flew in the birds direction... the big bird slowly unfolded its wings and flew away...

Frozen Sooner
10/3/2007, 11:58 PM
From 1992-1997, my memories generally consist of heading to the Across the Street Bar, getting lit up like a Christmas tree on .25 pitchers, then going to the game the next day.

Can't really recall anyone getting in my face or getting in anyone's face. Never got spat at, told to go home, or anything. (Shrug) I can't think of any game where other team's fans have been a-holes except for last year's Fiesta Bowl, really.

goingoneight
10/4/2007, 12:13 AM
1996... my first OU/TX game (that I remembered). I was just a keed-o and stuff, so I didn't understand why all these grown-ups were making asses of themselves. I did, however know that I was NOT a Texas fan... and I didn't buy the bullcrap that they were going to beat MY team. I was just a keed-o and all... didn't quite understand how bad we sucked. The only overtime game I've ever witnessed. Obviously, the only overtime victory I ever witnessed, too.

Skip a few tough years when I really started to get pizzed and felt my team would nevar be teh same. 2000. Ohhhh, boy... also the only time I've ever witnessed a season-opener, I believe. My Dad said "we won't whip these guys like we did Texas El Paso."
:D We whooped teh Texass WORSE!!! :D

In 2001, I went on Friday for the first time evar!!!111!1 I experienced one of the most special traditions in all of sports, the West End party in Dallas. I finally got it! I finally understood what "it" is. "It" is not a state rivalry, "it" is not about just a game, really. "It" is about pride in your school/team and the great tradition of Oklahoma or saxeT foos-ball. By this time, I did more than just wear crimson and cream... I read the books, watched the old game DVDs and VHS's my dad had up in the RV (which is oddly a lot). Superman TRRW is a play I missed because a damn pillar was right in my view and all I hear is the crowd erupting. I can't even see the video board around that damn pole. :mad: We won, I got over my :mad:ness.

2002, death in the family. :( Missed the game, never even saw it on TV. I just read that we beat Texas in the TW the next morning. My expression was "meh." I love Sooner football and all... but this was kind of a "meh" time. The only game I saw that year was the OSU game with my friends in Stillwater. Yeah... never even thinking of going back there for anything anymore. Worst. Sports. Fans. EVAR.

2003, I went to every game of the regular season. I WAS UNDEFEATED!!! I especially remember this year as not only did I see the darker side of agitated whorn fans, I saw the embarassed side of whorns I was sad I missed in 2000 when I didn't "get it" yet. One of the funniest things I remember ever seeing in a sporting event was all of the Texas fans bailing. All of the ripped Texas shirts, jerseys, abandoned whorn ballcaps, etc. laying for cleanup crew in the stands. There couldn't have been 100 people on the Hook 'em side of the stadium in the 4th. :D

2004 was the first time I was legal to be drunk... and I was. I remember screaming "WHY AREN'T WE SCORING MORE POINTS!?! AREN'T WE SUPPOSED TO HAVE ABOUT 60 BY NOW!?!" :D "FIVE-IN-A-ROW" chant will never leave my memory.

2005 I finally saw the Hook 'em beat us. I expected it. I didn't think for one minute beyond the 2004 game that we'd beat VYU with all of the stars we would lose. I expected Texas to score 100. Really, it wasn't that bad. I honestly think they weren't that good. I don't buy the "Mack doesn't run the score up" bullshat. Ask Colorado if Mack keeps the score respectable. Vince Young was still in the game late-late in the 4th. Tough time to wear my #18 jersey... :texan:s were awfully mean that day. Still, not as bad as the :stunned:s were. Seriously, why be rude? Especially when you're winning. YOU WON!!! Celebrate with class. Say "good game," or "good luck," "see ya next year" or... just STFU and enjoy it. Don't be an arse. And in NO WAY shape or form is this victory more impressive than our previous five. It was a top-15 rivalry every year. 2005, we were 2-2 and unranked.

2006 was just frustrating. Airport problems, rental car problems, and all game long, we just couldn't stop the big play to save our lives. We hit a 20-yard pass, we fumble it. We get bad officiating, we give up an 8-yard QB-sneak. We were about as bad in that game as we were against Boise State, and again last week versus Colorado. It just felt really negative from kickoff to take-off (back home). Add insult to injury... I come home to OKLAHOMA and see nothing but whorn merchandise in all the stores, whorn stickers on vehicles, and all of these "life-long Texas fans." Bull... ****.

DoubleDown
10/4/2007, 08:21 AM
One of the most recent stories I've told all week happened last year. We were in the West End and went to one of the hotels (Days Inn I think) to meet some friends. It was just me, the wife, my cousin and his then fiancee (now wife) in an elevator with :texan: cheerleaders, both male and female. Apparently, they had just left some type of pep rally and still had their uniforms on. Anywho, we're all packed in this elevator like sardines when I finally tell one of the male cheerleaders "Dude, the fringe on your blouse is tickling my arm". The four of us laughed like there was no tomorrow.

For some reason, they didn't think it was too funny.

goodonya
10/4/2007, 08:30 AM

This is priceless. You need to record this to tell your kids and their kids someday.

OUMallen
10/4/2007, 08:44 AM
Right before going into the Cotton Bowl around 2001, my friend, his GF at the time, and myself were drinking beers in the fairgrounds. This is his encounter with a UT fangirl:

UT Fangirl: OU SUCKS!
OU Fan: TEXAS SWALLOWS!
UT Fangirl: In your dreams!
OU Fan: Yeah, dreams filled with burnt orange and fat chicks.

That made me happy. We had to leave to avoid a fight, though.

trpltongue
10/4/2007, 08:59 AM
1998 I believe. I was a trumpet player in the Pride at the time and we were in full uniform a couple hours before the game. Me and a couple other Pride members (of which one was a 4'11" 70lb girl) were walking around the state fair hanging out near the carnival games.

A group of Saxet students walk up on us and, as we're in full uniform, begin giving us hell. They start talking crap about us "band pu$$ies" (I'm a 6'2", 215lb former baseball player) and proceed to challenge us to the football toss game to prove their teams superiority. I immediately accept the challenge, only to be tapped on the shoulder by the 4'11" girl asking if she can toss the pigskin instead of me. I say no problem.

The Saxet dude goes first and hits 1 of 3 through the swinging tires. His buddies cheer him on and continue their blabbering. Our trumpet girl then steps up and drills 2 in a row straight through the tire and rattles the third one in and out. We all cheer and they look demoralized, but want a re-match. She promptly kicks their asses again at which point they saunter off with their tails between their legs!

mikeelikee
10/4/2007, 09:02 AM
At the 2002 game, during the pre-game warm-ups, there was a temporary lull in the din of the crowd. Then, a young man a couple of rows behind us stood up and yelled extremely loudly, "Chrissy Simms wears women's panties!". At first, we laughed our arses off. Then, upon further reflection, we tended to agree with his point. :D

TexasLidig8r
10/4/2007, 09:10 AM

. Seriously, why be rude? Especially when you're winning. YOU WON!!! Celebrate with class. Say "good game," or "good luck," "see ya next year" or... just STFU and enjoy it. Don't be an arse. . ****.

Tell that to josh09 who spits on Texas players and then, while drunk driving, cuts off Texas fans with his SUV.

TexasSooner01
10/4/2007, 09:21 AM
Tell that to josh09 who spits on Texas players and then, while drunk driving, cuts off Texas fans with his SUV.

Good point Lid!

badger
10/4/2007, 09:28 AM
Little Badgerette is going down!!!:mad:
Oh really, Lid?
http://img234.imageshack.us/img234/6935/bgrlidvn5.jpg
Don't you wish this was your future avatar? Well, it will be if I'm in a nice mood. However, the worst is yet to come- avatars and the game :D

1890MilesToNorman
10/4/2007, 09:36 AM
I have been to 4 of'em, we won 2 and they won 2.

It was the early 80's, don't remember which year but the weekend involved a motor home, lots of beer, my big mouth, nasty banners on the side of the motor-home, my 400 pound friend and his shotgun. Almost go in serious trouble on that trip and we received a letter from a lawyer about 2 weeks later concerning an awning at a gas station the motor home took out. Our reply to the letter was "Deceased and Moved to New York". LOL

I was much better behaved on the other trips because I valued my life a little more after this one.

KRYPTON
10/4/2007, 09:38 AM
I have nothing positive to add as I only went to 1995 and 1997.

1995 was amusing after the fact... everyone was filing out disappointed and silent. Some OU guy yells "Texas sucks!" and a UT fan replies "yeah! we suck! and you suck! we all suck! why the hell did I pay so much for tickets!?" and everyone started applauding.

colleyvillesooner
10/4/2007, 09:39 AM

Yep. I'm embarrassed we have fans like that.

Probably a Texas transplant. ;)

HateTheWhorns
10/4/2007, 09:44 AM
You had me going until you said this...

Us :texan: 's love our beer. You know, Shiner Bock is made right here in this great state.

Yea, so was Pearl and Lone Star. What's your point exactly.

:pop:

soonerboy_odanorth
10/4/2007, 10:17 AM
I tried reading your post, but I went blind part way through.

I tried reading OUrules post and all I could think of was

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=97816

;)

Collier11
10/4/2007, 10:35 AM
as the texass players came onto the field, spit onto one

ME-YOU BETTER GET USED TO THE TASTE OF OUR SPIT, CUZ ITS GONNA BE ALL OVER YOU ALL DAY!!!

Classy!! :mad:

soonernation
10/4/2007, 12:43 PM
2003, sat right next to the tunnel, and as the texass players came onto the field, spit onto one, getting a rise out of him lol. This was the yelled conversation that followed:

You deserved an *** whoopin for that.

SOONER STEAKER
10/4/2007, 01:40 PM
Went to the game with 4 friends and we only had 2 tickets. I knew one of the managers w ho was standing at the gate right in front of the ramp. I asked him if he could sneak in my team friends and he said OK. We went into the game and couldn't find my frends anywhere. In the middle of the 1st quarter I look down on the sidelines and they are wearing white jerseys on the sidelines with passes around their belt loops. At halftime, I went down and got that jersey and sideline pass and watched the game from there. It was awesome.

OUrules
10/4/2007, 02:28 PM
Soonerboy, If iIwould have looked anything like those hillbilly Gator's you think I would have made it into the locker room? Not!....I had a modest OU sweatshirt on and dockers. It was cooooold that day. BTW - I have told both of my boys the story and they love it. My brother got the idea because he had done it in 1985 the one year I missed the damn game in the last 14 years. He never tried again until that game in 2000. The way we see it is if one of us can make into the locker room OU will win the NC!! Sadly after 911 thay now have any army of security now so it's doubtful it will ever happen again.......Time to get home to pack...I'm getting soooo fired up....

soonerx
10/4/2007, 02:32 PM
I was a senior during the '00-01 season. My sister had graduated from OU 2 years earlier. She was dating a whorn at the time (whom she later married *slap*), and his dad is also a UT alum. I had my student ticket but his dad had an extra ticket and my sis wanted me to sit with them in the UT alum section for moral support. So I scalped my ticket for like $80 and to be nice, split it with his dad.

Anyway, we were 2 Sooners amidst a sea of burnt orange. I was expecting to get assaulted with insults, but I guess they saw we were with two whorns and laid off. Of course once the game got going they didn't have too much ammo. I almost felt bad for them, the entire section was in pretty much complete silence the entire game. Well, that is except for my sis and I putting on a show after every OU touchdown just to rub it in even more.

soonerboy_odanorth
10/4/2007, 02:36 PM
Soonerboy, If iIwould have looked anything like those hillbilly Gator's you think I would have made it into the locker room? Not!....I had a modest OU sweatshirt on and dockers. It was cooooold that day. BTW - I have told both of my boys the story and they love it. My brother got the idea because he had done it in 1985 the one year I missed the damn game in the last 14 years. He never tried again until that game in 2000. The way we see it is if one of us can make into the locker room OU will win the NC!! Sadly after 911 thay now have any army of security now so it's doubtful it will ever happen again.......Time to get home to pack...I'm getting soooo fired up....

Heh! Just goosin' ya a bit....

Boomer Sooner! Have a good one!

crawfish
10/4/2007, 02:45 PM
I've got another one, for 1996.

There was a lone whorn sitting in the midst of us in the end zone - he was pretty cocky through the first half, quiet in the second. The longhorns win the coin toss at overtime, can't move the ball and kick a field goal; the guy, obviously not understanding the new rules, stands up and screams "WE WON!!!" He then high-tails it out of the stadium at a dead run, probably attributing the ease of his exit to the OU fans being stunned in their defeat.
I always wonder how far he made it out of the stadium before he realized that they lost. :D

Animal Mother
10/4/2007, 05:47 PM
I had just got off the phone with my nephew in Ponca City talking about the upcoming 2001 game. I had been laid off just before 9/11 and was being a TWC bum. I had set my phone alarm so I could nap until just before kick-off. My wife calls me and wakes me to tell me she had a ticket for me from one of her clients. Her company throws a big OU/ut party yearly. It was about 12:45pm and I said there was no way I could get to the game because of traffic. We lived in Plano. My wife then said “Did you hear what I just told you!!! I have an OU ticket for the game!!!” I drove to their office and one of their drivers took me from Market Center @ Oak Lawn to the Cotton Bowl without touching a highway. He was unbelievable. By the time the TRRW had made his Superman play I was wound tighter than a buck fiddy wristwatch. As the clock ran down the crowd chanted “Over rated!!” I was so cranked I started yelling “Texas f*ggots!!!” The two Sooners in front of me told me my mistake but then decided what the hell and joined in with me. On the way out, I stopped at the Gameday booth. I asked Herbstreit to tell Corso to kiss my azz. Kirk laughed and said” I will!” It wur fun!!!

r5TPsooner
10/4/2007, 06:08 PM
I almost killed a drunk UT fan in 1998 for calling my wife a bitch.

Luckily the cop drug his *** away before I could get a 2nd shot in on him. I thought I was going to jail.

josh09
10/4/2007, 08:55 PM

Dude, the atmosphere gets to me :D

josh09
10/4/2007, 09:01 PM
Dude, the atmosphere gets to me :D

And the drinks haha forgot to mention that. sorry guys im not usually like that at games.

'03 happened to be a bad year for me with longhorn fans anyways, i had just been ripped off from a big deal where i could have scored a large sum of money, but unfortunately was ripped off at the last second by horn fans, who happened to be pretty rude to me about it was well. A very long story.

josh09
10/4/2007, 09:08 PM
'05, a longhorn fan ran into me on the fairgrounds at halftime, halfway turns around in the middle of saying "im sorry", but stops after seeing my colors, and starts cussing me out. Before i can reply with SOME type of comeback (which i probably couldnt have thought of, due to the game we were witnessing at the moment), about 3 or 4 surrounding sooner fans jump in after hearing this and start yelling many things at the guy, making him leave. At that moment, i was EXTREMELY proud to be a sooner fan :D

josh09
10/4/2007, 09:09 PM
I have nothing positive to add as I only went to 1995 and 1997.

1995 was amusing after the fact... everyone was filing out disappointed and silent. Some OU guy yells "Texas sucks!" and a UT fan replies "yeah! we suck! and you suck! we all suck! why the hell did I pay so much for tickets!?" and everyone started applauding.

Ha thats great.