PDA

View Full Version : fRAN trying to save his job...

XingTheRubicon
10/3/2007, 09:31 AM
Here's Fran's meeting with Bill Byrne and Robert Gates to discuss his team's 4-8 finish in his first season:

--------------------------------------------------

Byrne: You see, what we're actually trying to do here is, we're trying to get a feel for how people spend their day at work... so, if you would, would you walk us through a practice, for you?

Fran: Yeah.

Byrne: Great.

Fran: Well, I generally come to practice at least fifteen minutes late, ah, I use the side door - that way the media can't see me, heh heh - and, uh, after that I just sorta space out for about an hour.

Gates: Da-uh? Space out?

Fran: Yeah, I just stare at the playbook, but it looks like I'm working. I do that for probably another hour after lunch, too. I'd say in a given week I probably only do about fifteen minutes of real, actual, coaching. (Pause)

Fran: The thing is, Bob, it's not that I'm lazy, it's that I just don't care.

Gates: Don't... don't care?

Fran: It's a problem of motivation, all right? Now if I coach my *** off and A&M wins a few extra games, I don't see another dime; so where's the motivation? And here's something else, Bill: I have eight different assistant right now.

Byrne: I beg your pardon?

Fran: Eight assistants.

Bynre: Eight?

Fran: Eight, Bill. So that means that when I make a mistake, I have eight different people to blame it on. So I have no real motivation; just the fear of losing my job. But you know, Bill, that will only make someone work just hard enough not to get fired.

Byrne: Would you bear with me for just a second, please?

Fran: OK.

Byrne: What if - and believe me this is a hypothetical - but what if you were offered some kind of a contract extension or bonus. Would that do anything for you?

Fran: I don't know, I guess. Listen, I'm gonna go. It's been really nice talking to both of you guys.

Byrne: Absolutely, the pleasure's all on this side of the table, trust me.

Fran: Good luck with your evaluations, all right? I hope your firings go really well.

Gates: Excellent.

Byrne: Great... Wow.

Fran: Oh, and remember: next Friday... is Dress up like your in the Army day. So, you know, if you want to, go ahead and wear a uniform.

Byrne: "What you do at A&M is, you take the play call from the coordinator and you bring them down to the quarterback."

Fran: "Yes. Y--Yes. That's-- That's right."

Gates: "Well, then I just have to ask, why couldn't the coordinator just take them directly to the-- to the quarterback, huh?"

Fran: "Well, I'll tell you why. Uh, because... coordinators are not good at dealing with players."

Byrnes: "Uh-huh. So, you physically signal in the plays from the coordinators?"

Fran: "Well... no...our back up does that."

Gates: "Uh-huh. -- What would you say.....you do here?"

Fran: "Well, look, I already told you. I deal with the g** damn players so the coordinators don't have to. I have people skills! I am good at dealing with people! Can't you understand that? What the hell is wrong with you people?!"

hornfans are getting pretty funny now that they have nothing else to do.
http://forums.hornfans.com/php/wwwthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=stands&Number=5224951&page=0&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=0&fpart=

badger
10/3/2007, 09:38 AM
Fran trying to save his job:
http://img76.imageshack.us/img76/7336/franyld3.jpg

Widescreen
10/3/2007, 09:59 AM
I don't know why he doesn't pull a Gundy and rant and rave while pretending to defend a player. That seems to get everyone on your side. Just look how the aggie lites love Gundy now even though his team stinks. Before they were wanting to run him out of town.

Mac94
10/3/2007, 11:52 AM
I don't know why he doesn't pull a Gundy and rant and rave while pretending to defend a player.

Because the kids are to busy ranting and raving defending the coach ... you know ... a man .... who can take it.

Widescreen
10/3/2007, 12:35 PM
Because the kids are to busy ranting and raving defending the coach ... you know ... a man .... who can take it.
That doesn't seem to be working as well as the Gundyrave if you believe fan comments.