PDA

View Full Version : Where's the press on the officiating/replay problems of CFB?

aurorasooner
10/3/2007, 07:42 AM
We've sure had our share of what appear to be home cooking calls going against us. Obvious controversy last year at the RRR with the replay official on the pass from PT to AD being a backwards pass. I've heard that the home team chooses the replay official. I don't know how the conference goes about either choosing the replay official for a neutral field game or putting it's stamp of approval on the choice if the designated home team chooses one, or if both teams have to agree on one. Does any one know how the replay official (s) are chosen for this game -- Home team--Big 12 conference? Also one of the Sooner boards was supposed monitoring the Big 12 officials on which officials were chosen for which games and if any of the officials had ties to either school playing (living close to one schools location, business in one of the schools hometowns, alumni from one of the competing schools, etc.) I haven't read anything about this "" project in a while. Anyone know if this is still a work in progress? And has the conference announced who the Refs are for this game, which crew? or if the refs will be from the Southland Conference (Big 12/Southland Conference announcement on shifting crews this summer) and if they're from the Southland Conference, are they from Texas?

85sooners
10/3/2007, 10:14 AM
:mad: