PDA

View Full Version : What kind of beans go in chili?

JohnnyMack
10/2/2007, 10:03 PM
Would someone please tell my Yankee wife that the correct answer is not "kidney beans"?

Thanks.

sanantoniosooner
10/2/2007, 10:05 PM
My wife puts pinto beans in chili.

mikeelikee
10/2/2007, 10:07 PM
mikee likee pinto beans in my chili.

soonerbrat
10/2/2007, 10:08 PM
ranch style beans

Mongo
10/2/2007, 10:10 PM
remember the talk we had when we were sighting in my .50 cal rifle on some old junk cars?

"beans dont go in chili," I told you

sanantoniosooner
10/2/2007, 10:12 PM
remember the talk we had when we were sighting in my .50 cal rifle on some old junk cars?

If we start listening to you it will open up a whole can of worms we just aren't ready for.

1stTimeCaller
10/2/2007, 10:15 PM
kidney and pinto

jackass

Viking Kitten
10/2/2007, 10:19 PM
WTF is wrong with kidney beans? I'm Oklahoma born and raised and that's what I've always used in chili.

Sooner_Havok
10/2/2007, 10:26 PM
I always use black beans myself

JohnnyMack
10/2/2007, 10:36 PM
WTF is wrong with kidney beans? I'm Oklahoma born and raised and that's what I've always used in chili.

<shakes head>

Bitches man.

hopes VK is in a good mood tonight.

JohnnyMack
10/2/2007, 10:38 PM

That's right. That was right before that wild antelope came out of nowhere and you beat it to death with the door handle to that '57 Ford we were shooting to pieces.

JohnnyMack
10/2/2007, 10:39 PM
kidney and pinto

jackass

see if I ever invite you over for chili.

bluedogok
10/2/2007, 11:39 PM

That is the correct answer.

rufnek05
10/3/2007, 12:30 AM
Lima beans

OU4LIFE
10/3/2007, 06:58 AM
and again, chili without beans is just MEAT SAUCE.

Howzit
10/3/2007, 07:15 AM
string beans.

Howzit
10/3/2007, 07:16 AM
[hannibal lecter]human beans[/hannibal lecter]

olevetonahill
10/3/2007, 07:22 AM
Chili is a very personal thing
You , THE ONE , making it can put anydamn thing init you want . From chopped sirloin to road kill possum . green beans blackeyed peas what ever the hell ya want . Course if you use some that **** just tell me so Ill know not to eat it .

OU4LIFE
10/3/2007, 07:23 AM
Ifuns you're making chili without beans, let me know and i'll bring the spaghetti.

olevetonahill
10/3/2007, 07:33 AM
Here ya go
If You Know Beans About Chili, You Know That Chili Has No Beans.

by Ken Finlay, singer, songwriter, and owner of Cheatham Street Warehouse (a music hall in San Marcos), written in 1976.

You burn some mesquite and when the coals get hot, you bunk up some meat and you throw it on a pot.

While some chile pods and garlic and comino and stuff, then you add a little salt till there's just enough.

You can throw in some onions to make it smell good.

You can even add tomatoes, if you feel like you should.

But if you know beans about chili, you know that chili has no beans

If you know beans about chili, you know it didn't come from Mexico.

Chili was God's gift to Texas (or maybe it came from down below).

And chili doesn't go with macaroni, and dammed Yankee's don't go with chili queens;
and if you know beans about chili, you know that chili has no beans

:D

crawfish
10/3/2007, 07:43 AM
Chili without beans is a glaze for something else. It has to have beans in it to be consumed on its own.

Fine buncha hillbillies some of you are. :rolleyes:

SoonerJack
10/3/2007, 07:43 AM
I like chili with pintos in it, but i prefer home made pintos and not those from a can.

And OU4LIFE, if you're entering a "chili" competition, beans are a no-no. They usually will have a separate category for "filler laden" entries, though.

OU4LIFE
10/3/2007, 07:45 AM
if you are entering chili competitions, you need to find better use of your time.

chili's for eatin, not contestin.

and I bet this thread makes Dean's chili run hot.

achiro
10/3/2007, 07:48 AM
if you are entering chili competitions, you need to find better use of your time.
Terlingua, TX is a hella party. So unless you are a fun killer, it isn't a bad way to waste your time.:D

olevetonahill
10/3/2007, 07:49 AM

chili's for eatin, not contestin.

and I bet this thread makes Dean's chili run hot.

Ya if ya got time fer chili contestin then you arnt postin enough about chili on here !:P

achiro
10/3/2007, 07:50 AM
Oh and beans are a filler, originally used by people that couldn't afford the extra meat it takes to make a good chili. If your beanless chili is a sauce, you ain't puttin enough meat in it.:pop:

SoonerJack
10/3/2007, 07:51 AM
I didn't say I entered one. However, I did get to be a judge for one. Nothing better than eating free chili all day.

olevetonahill
10/3/2007, 07:53 AM
Oh and beans are a filler, originally used by people that couldn't afford the extra meat it takes to make a good chili. If your beanless chili is a sauce, you ain't puttin enough meat in it.:pop:
Zactly

OUDoc
10/3/2007, 08:00 AM
Don't listen to anyone else. No beans go into chili.

Hamhock
10/3/2007, 08:00 AM
beans, beans the magical fruit...

OU4LIFE
10/3/2007, 08:36 AM
Terlingua, TX is a hella party. So unless you are a fun killer, it isn't a bad way to waste your time.:D

fun killer is my middle name bra.

;)

frankensooner
10/3/2007, 09:21 AM
As a former Chili Cook Off competitor, beans were a big no-no, but if you like them for home consumption, then go for it. I know some people eat calf liver, but I don't. To each his own.

Viking Kitten
10/3/2007, 10:00 AM

Beans are not only a heathier source of protein, they have a lot of fiber. Fiber is important. I won't comment on why. Actually, I will. Healthy colon, bitches. There. I said it. You can keep your heart attack and polyp sauce.

IB4OU2
10/3/2007, 10:06 AM
Are we talking Chili or some ConCarne ***t?

achiro
10/3/2007, 10:46 AM
Beans are not only a heathier source of protein, they have a lot of fiber. Fiber is important. I won't comment on why. Actually, I will. Healthy colon, bitches. There. I said it. You can keep your heart attack and polyp sauce.
If you are eating chili, somehow I don't think colon health is your top priority...maybe a few hours later it is...but I digress.

Beef
10/3/2007, 11:01 AM
My dentist won it a couple of years ago. He explained the no beans to me this way. Beans were outlawed in chili cookoffs because judges were able to tell who's chili was who's based on the types of beans and what not in it and it was compromising the integrity of the chili cook-offs. This could be another tall-tale, but that's how it was 'splained to me. He said for home consumption, whatever type of beans or no beans floats your boat is fine. :texan:

toast
10/3/2007, 11:20 AM
To bean or not to bean that is the question.

Pinto or ranch style goes in our chili.

1stTimeCaller
10/3/2007, 11:36 AM
see if I ever invite you over for chili.

doesn't sound like anyone at your house knows how to make it anyways.

sanantoniosooner
10/3/2007, 11:54 AM
I can't wait for the "sweetened tea" VS "unsweetened tea" thread.

OCUDad
10/3/2007, 12:03 PM
The only beans that matter in chili are human beans. Pinto, kidney, none, whatever.... if you like it, it's made correctly. So there, chili snobs.

OUDoc
10/3/2007, 12:11 PM
Unsweet, hillbilly.

soonerboy_odanorth
10/3/2007, 12:19 PM
Notes from an Inexperienced Chili Taster, named FRANK, who was visiting Texas from the East Coast...

--------

Recently I was honored to be selected as a judge at a chili cook-off. The original person called in sick at the last moment, and I happened to be standing there at the judge's table asking directions to the beer wagon when the call came. I was assured by the other two judges (Native Texans) that the chili wouldn't be all that spicy, besides, they told me I could have free beer during the tasting, so I accepted.

Here are the scorecards from the event:

Chili # 1: Mike's Maniac Mobster Monster Chili.

JUDGE ONE: A little too heavy on tomato. Amusing kick.

JUDGE TWO: Nice, smooth tomato flavor. Very mild.

FRANK: Holy ****, what the hell is this stuff? You could remove dried paint from your driveway. Took me two beers to put the flames out. I hope that's the worst one. These Texans are crazy.

Chili # 2: Arthur's Afterburner Chili

JUDGE ONE: Smoky, with a hint of pork. Slight Jalapeno tang.

JUDGE TWO: Exciting BBQ flavor, needs more peppers to be taken seriously.

FRANK: Keep this out of reach of children! I'm not sure what I am supposed to taste besides pain. I had to wave off two people who wanted to give me the Heimlich maneuver. They had to rush in more beer when they saw the look on my face.

Chili # 3: Fred's Famous Burn Down the Barn Chili

JUDGE ONE: Excellent firehouse chili! Great kick. Needs more beans.

JUDGE TWO: A beanless chili, a bit salty, good use of red peppers.

FRANK: Call the EPA, I've located a uranium spill. My nose feels like I have been snorting Drano. Everyone knows the routine by now, get me more beer before I ignite. Barmaid pounded me on the back; now my backbone is in the front part of my chest. I'm getting ****-faced from all the beer.

Chili # 4: Bubba's Black Magic

JUDGE ONE: Black bean chili with almost no spice. Disappointing.

JUDGE TWO: Hint of lime in the black beans. Good side dish for fish or other mild foods, not much of a chili.

FRANK: I felt something scraping across my tongue, but was unable to taste it, is it possible to burn-out taste buds? Sally, the bar maid, was standing behind me with fresh refills; that ugly bitch is starting to look HOT, just like this nuclear-waste I'm eating. Is chili an aphrodisiac?

Chili # 5: Linda's Legal Lip Remover

JUDGE ONE: Meaty, strong chili. Cayenne peppers freshly ground, adding considerable kick. Very impressive.

JUDGE TWO: Chili using shredded beef; could use more tomato. Must admit the cayenne peppers make a strong statement.

FRANK: My ears are ringing, sweat is pouring off my forehead and I can no longer focus my eyes. I farted and four people behind me needed paramedics. The contestant seemed offended when I told her that her chili had given me brain damage. Sally saved my tongue from bleeding by pouring beer directly on it from a pitcher. I wonder if I'm burning my lips off? It really ****es me off that the other judges asked me to stop screaming. Screw those rednecks!

Chili # 6: Vera's Very Vegetarian Variety

JUDGE ONE: Thin yet bold vegetarian variety chili. Good balance of spice and peppers.

JUDGE TWO: The best yet. Aggressive use of peppers, onions, and garlic. Superb.

FRANK: My intestines are now a straight pipe filled with gaseous, sulfuric flames. I **** myself when I farted and I'm worried it will eat through the chair. No one seems inclined to stand behind me except that slut Sally, she must be kinkier than I thought. Can't feel my lips anymore. I need to wipe my *** with a snow cone!

Chili # 7: Susan's Screaming Sensation Chili

JUDGE ONE: A mediocre chili with too much reliance on canned peppers.

JUDGE TWO: Ho Hum, tastes as if the chef literally threw in a can of chili peppers at the last moment. I should note that I am worried about Judge Number 3. He appears to be in a bit of distress as he is cursing uncontrollably.

FRANK: You could put a grenade in my mouth, pull the pin, and I wouldn't feel a damn thing. I've lost the sight in one eye, and the world sounds like it is made of rushing water. My shirt is covered with chili which slid unnoticed out of my mouth. My pants are full of lava-like **** to match my damn shirt. At least during the autopsy they'll know what killed me. I've decided to stop breathing, it's too painful. Screw it, I'm not getting any oxygen anyway. If I need air, I'll just suck it in through the 4 inch hole in my stomach.

Chili # 8: Helen's Mount Saint Chili

JUDGE ONE: A perfect ending, this is a nice blend chili, safe for all, not too bold but spicy enough to declare its existence.

JUDGE TWO: This final entry is a good, balanced chili, neither mild nor hot. Sorry to see that most of it was lost when Judge Number 3 passed out, fell over and pulled the chili pot down on top of himself. Not sure if he's going to make it. Poor Yank, wonder how he'd have reacted to a really hot chili?

FRANK: --(editor's note: Judge #3 was unable to report)

frankensooner
10/3/2007, 12:45 PM
I ain't no wussie east coast chili taster. ;)

TUSooner
10/3/2007, 01:24 PM
Whoever said "NONE" is the winner.

silverwheels
10/3/2007, 01:46 PM
Whoever said "NONE" is the winner.

Yep.

crawfish
10/3/2007, 03:25 PM
The British spit on you and your pathetic chili:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/london/7025782.stm

soonerloyal
10/3/2007, 04:33 PM
Silly Limeys, Priks are for...nevermind.

Fred is obviously a DamnYankee. Brits and DamnYankees don't know real (Southern) food anyway. Bless their hearts, and I mean that in the most traditional Southern Gal way.

Are you wanting the truth or wanting to keep the peace? If it's peace you want...if that lil Northern gal of yours is making it, and you don't mind eating it her way, let her use whatever she likes. If you're going for authenticity/truth...use NO beans - or pinto IF you must. Real Southerners know that real chili has no beans - I second the motion, if you have to put in beans, you're cheaping out. What's next, dark-meat chicken in your chicken salad for company? Have you no couth? But if one insists on beans, one must use pinto beans - stay with some semblance of the South, fer chrissakes.

OCUDad
10/3/2007, 04:39 PM
For all you anal-retentive types who think it matters, "real" chili has no meat, either. Otherwise, "con carne" is a useless descriptor.

Dude, if it tastes good, just eat it, don't name it.

phead903
10/3/2007, 06:38 PM
ranch style beans

Exactly right!!

olevetonahill
10/3/2007, 08:39 PM
For all you anal-retentive types who think it matters, "real" chili has no meat, either. Otherwise, "con carne" is a useless descriptor.

Dude, if it tastes good, just eat it, don't name it.
You an soonerloyal get My vote . ;)

OCUDad
10/3/2007, 09:06 PM
Vet agrees with me!!! Lock this thread right ****ing NOW!

bluedogok
10/3/2007, 09:40 PM
I prefer sweet tea, but that one is really personal preference.

dog-knee
10/3/2007, 09:55 PM
First of all, any idjit knows chili doesn't have beans in it. I'm all for beans; they're real food for real people (especially if you put enough ham in there while they're cooking), but they don't belong in chili.

Second, I laughed so hard at the chili cook-off judging post that I may have blown a snot bubble. Fortunately, now while eating (or cooking) chili.

And that's all I've got to say about that.

GottaHavePride
10/3/2007, 10:54 PM
SNOT BUBEL!

http://www.deslize.blogger.com.br/catarro.jpg

sanantoniosooner
10/4/2007, 06:59 AM
I prefer sweet tea, but that one is really personal preference.
There is no such thing as personal preference on this board.

ONE of us is right and everyone else is wrong. It's a rule.

OU4LIFE
10/4/2007, 07:43 AM
I knew you'd see it my way eventually.

eventually.

IB4OU2
10/4/2007, 08:20 AM
I like unsweetened chili.

OU4LIFE
10/4/2007, 08:49 AM
I like unsweetened chili.

and he likes his tea with beans!

HA!

C&CDean
10/4/2007, 10:32 AM
Why do we have this stupid discussion every 6 months or so?

It is absolute fact that authentic chili has no beans. Just like authentic mexican food isn't drowned in fake plasticized cheese sauce and canned BEANLESS chili.

It is absolute fact that some people like to add beans to their real chili - at which point it becomes a chili & bean casserole. Just like when you add cheese sauce to your mexican food it becomes Tex-Mex.

We usually put beans in our tailgate chili because we truly care about y'all's colons and rectums. And we use chili beans, and whatever other beans momma digs outta the pantry.

So if you're amongst the "if it tastes good eat it" crowd that's fine. Just quit calling your creative casseroles "real chili."

JohnnyMack
10/4/2007, 10:36 AM
Why do we have this stupid discussion every 6 months or so?

Because no one pays attention to anything you say?

IB4OU2
10/4/2007, 10:39 AM
Our rectums and colons love you too Dean.

JohnnyMack
10/4/2007, 10:40 AM
Room.

C&CDean
10/4/2007, 10:43 AM
Our rectums and colons love you too Dean.

I said we care about your bungholes, not that we love them. Well at least most of them anyhow.

OU4LIFE
10/4/2007, 10:44 AM
So if you're amongst the "if it tastes good eat it" crowd that's fine. Just quit calling your creative casseroles "real chili."

as long as you stop calling your meat sauce 'real chili', since real chili has no meat either.

C&CDean
10/4/2007, 10:48 AM
as long as you stop calling your meat sauce 'real chili', since real chili has no meat either.

Once again, you are as wrong as two big hairy left nuts.

OCUDad
10/4/2007, 10:54 AM
Chili con carne = chili with meat
Chili sin carne = chili without meat

Think about that while you're contemplating your hairy nuts.

OU4LIFE
10/4/2007, 10:56 AM
Chili con carne = chili with meat
Chili sin carne = chili without meat

Think about that while you're contemplating your hairy nuts.

so if "real chili" has meat, then why the need to say "with meat", right?

take that Dean, with a shot of crown.

OUDoc
10/4/2007, 11:01 AM
Pat keeps you in as much meat as you can handle.

IB4OU2
10/4/2007, 11:06 AM
I said we care about your bungholes, not that we love them. Well at least most of them anyhow.

Several rectums just sighed in your general direction.

JohnnyMack
10/4/2007, 11:08 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chili_con_carne

http://whatscookingamerica.net/History/Chili/ChiliHistory.htm

I think when chili was invented it had meat in it. Chili (as in the pepper) con carne is what was called. "Chili" didn't mean anything on its own. It wasn't some vegetarian dish that was cooked up and then they decided to "con carne" it.

OCUDad
10/4/2007, 11:17 AM
Chili is the sauce, based on the chili pepper. You can put meat in the sauce, you can put beans in the sauce, you can put meat and beans in the sauce, you can put JohnnyMack in the sauce if you want to. Chili con JM.

JohnnyMack
10/4/2007, 11:17 AM
I disagree.

Show me where the original recipe had no meat in it.

1stTimeCaller
10/4/2007, 11:22 AM
chili with no beans is just anal lube.

OCUDad
10/4/2007, 11:30 AM
I disagree.

Show me where the original recipe had no meat in it.Original recipe? I don't got to show you no stinkin' original recipe. There ain't no original recipe. It's lost in the mists of antiquity. Didn't you understand sas's previous post? I am right and you are wrong and that's the end of it.

See, I asked to have this thread locked after olevet agreed with me. If that excellent advice had been taken, we wouldn't be in this mess right now.

bluedogok
10/4/2007, 11:30 AM
chili with no beans is just anal lube.
Beans ARE anal lube......

Mongo
10/4/2007, 11:37 AM
I like putting corn in my chili, with a few slices of avacodo

Mongo
10/4/2007, 11:44 AM
and we all can agree that real chili isnt made with elk. Elk are a protected species that roam the deserts of Mexico and central America.

Beef only

soonerbrat
10/4/2007, 11:50 AM
i think we can all agree that Cincinatti style chili sucks. and not in a good way.

Viking Kitten
10/4/2007, 12:14 PM
Rectum? It damn near k... oh never mind.

C&CDean
10/4/2007, 12:29 PM
and we all can agree that real chili isnt made with elk. Elk are a protected species that roam the deserts of Mexico and central America.

Beef only

Shows what you know Mongoloid.

Elk are a plains animal. There were broadzillions of them roaming right next to the buffalo back in the day. They were slaughtered wholesale right along with the buffalo (why you ask? well because they make the best damn chili going, that's why). The difference between elk and bison though are that the elk were smarter, and headed to the mountains where the nimrods couldn't hunt them into extinction. They adapted to the altitude/weather where bison could not.

And the type of meat in chili doesn't really matter. I've made it with deer, elk, pork, beef, chicken, turkey, and even threw some leftover squirrel in chili a couple of times. However, I've never made it with legumes and then decided to call it "chili." That would be gay.

soonerbrat
10/4/2007, 12:35 PM
how is there enough of a squirrel to have any leftover?

Petro-Sooner
10/4/2007, 12:36 PM
A little squirrel goes a long way.

frankensooner
10/4/2007, 12:47 PM
mmmmmmm squirrel, the workin' man's guinea pig.

My dad and I brought one home (squirrel) when I was kid, mom cooked and we ate it.

C&CDean
10/4/2007, 12:52 PM
how is there enough of a squirrel to have any leftover?

You kill a mess of squirrels, you fry them up, you eat until you're full. Sometimes there's a squirrell or two left over. Do I really have to explain this?:twinkies:

olevetonahill
10/4/2007, 01:01 PM
Like I said You can put any dayum thing you want in yur chili . From road kill skunk to Elk . its your call you call it what you want . I prolly aint gonna eat it tho .

Mongo
10/4/2007, 01:13 PM

Elk are a plains animal. There were broadzillions of them roaming right next to the buffalo back in the day. They were slaughtered wholesale right along with the buffalo (why you ask? well because they make the best damn chili going, that's why). The difference between elk and bison though are that the elk were smarter, and headed to the mountains where the nimrods couldn't hunt them into extinction. They adapted to the altitude/weather where bison could not.

And the type of meat in chili doesn't really matter. I've made it with deer, elk, pork, beef, chicken, turkey, and even threw some leftover squirrel in chili a couple of times. However, I've never made it with legumes and then decided to call it "chili." That would be gay.

I knew that would get a nice response:D

JohnnyMack
11/5/2007, 01:57 PM
I don't give a **** what you monkeys have to say about this, but the white chili I'm enjoying here at my desk has left my face on the floor.

BlondeSoonerGirl
11/5/2007, 02:01 PM
Good thinking. Fart heat rises.

JohnnyMack
11/5/2007, 02:10 PM
The expected ***-tastrophe will be worth it.

Next I'm off to the kitchen for leftover crunch bars and sweettarts from the kids Halloween candy.

Woot!

OU4LIFE
11/5/2007, 02:16 PM
might as well slip your fat *** into a pair of sweatpants while your at it...

;)

JohnnyMack
11/5/2007, 02:18 PM
God don't I wish.

Wait, the boss will be gone tomorrow. I can wear 'em then!

Score!

MamaMia
11/5/2007, 04:12 PM
If I add beans, I use whatever I have on hand; either pinto or kidney.

Lott's Bandana
11/5/2007, 04:23 PM
...you ain't puttin enough meat in it.:pop:

That's what she said.

Oh, and are squirrels Plains animals?

frankensooner
11/5/2007, 04:58 PM
I think they are tree animals, cept of course for the ground squirrel. ;)

StoopTroup
11/5/2007, 06:31 PM
Squirrels...like deer like to munch nuts.

handcrafted
11/5/2007, 07:55 PM
We usually put beans in our tailgate chili because y'all are truly colons and rectums. And we use chili beans, and whatever other beans momma digs outta the pantry.

Fixed. :D

handcrafted
11/5/2007, 07:58 PM

How about lamb fries. Would they count?

Rogue
11/5/2007, 08:36 PM
ranch style beans

Yup! Pintos and Red Kidneys are both fine.

I prefer chili with beans. The Texans don't use beans because of cookoff rules...you can put recognizable beans in the chili and bias the judges.

For my take, and I've won a few cookoffs...you can put about anything in chili. Sausage, elk meat, venison, burger, all kinds of beans, onions, garlic, any peppers you like, tomatoes, whatever. As long as it's hot and spicy. I really haven't had much "bad" chili.

Lott's Bandana
6/24/2008, 02:52 PM
Bumped.

Why?

Cause I love dis thread as much as Dean loves our rectums...:eek:

frankensooner
6/24/2008, 03:07 PM
That taint right.

r5TPsooner
6/24/2008, 03:12 PM
I use black, pinto, and red beans in my homeade chili.

Lott's Bandana
6/24/2008, 03:15 PM
Bumped.

Why?

Cause I love Dean's rectum:twinkies:

Ever had a chili rectum?

Lott's Bandana
11/20/2008, 08:37 AM
Bumped for TT TG....

1890MilesToNorman
11/20/2008, 09:51 AM
There ain't no rules fer chili. make it how u like it. I'm the only taster in my house that matters and if I invite you over for chili, mind your manners a tell me I'm the chili god or you will be booted out the house. Sometimes it gets bean and sometimes it don't, spiceys be the key. :pop:

OU4LIFE
11/20/2008, 10:29 AM
if it don't get beans, it belongs on spaghetti.

C&CDean
11/20/2008, 10:54 AM
if it don't get beans, it belongs on spaghetti.
We've already been through this Sasquatch. I can't help it if the only chili you've eaten without beans came from a can.

We will have some beans in this year's chili. Not because they belong in there, but because your colon will thank you in the morning. Fiber, and all that good stuff...

OU4LIFE
11/20/2008, 12:16 PM
We've already been through this Sasquatch. I can't help it if the only chili you've eaten without beans came from a can.

We will have some beans in this year's chili. Not because they belong in there, but because your colon will thank you in the morning. Fiber, and all that good stuff...

heh, I've had Mrs. Deans nuc-u-lar chili....and I can tell you for a fact, it dint come from no can.

whooooo

NormanPride
11/20/2008, 12:53 PM
I've met few food snobs more obstinate than Deaner. This is a compliment, Dean.

C&CDean
11/20/2008, 01:34 PM
I've met few food snobs more obstinate than Deaner. This is a compliment, Dean.

Well to be honest, it's not hard being an obstinate food snob when people post **** like "Taco Bueno is the best messican food ever."

1890MilesToNorman
11/20/2008, 01:40 PM
Well to be honest, it's not hard being an obstinate food snob when people post **** like "Taco Bueno is the best messican food ever."

Only when your drunk and it's the only thing open!

sooner_born_1960
11/20/2008, 01:43 PM
Kidney and black beans.

OU4LIFE
11/20/2008, 02:02 PM
heh, I've had Mrs. Deans nuc-u-lar chili....and I can tell you for a fact, it dint come from no can.

whooooo

as a matter of fact, i'm not sure a can could stand up to it for storage.

tbl
11/20/2008, 04:01 PM
Kidney are the best in chili. Loads of fiber and fart fuel to push the stink out.

mdklatt
11/20/2008, 04:38 PM

Now hold on just a minute. Nobody ever said "best ever". It's the best fast food Tex-Mex by far. It's also better than quite a few "real" Tex-Mex places *cough* Border Crossing *cough* Chelinos *cough*.

Tulsa_Fireman
11/20/2008, 04:42 PM
I like Chelinos. A damn sight more than Taco frickin' Bueno.

They got a bad *** guisada. Nice and spicy. And no, guisada isn't Tex-Mex. I wouldn't qualify Chelinos as Tex-Mex at all.

mdklatt
11/20/2008, 04:43 PM
I like Chelinos.

I'm talking specifically about the one in Norman. I've heard that's it's not as good as the other ones, but I've only been to that one.

1890MilesToNorman
11/20/2008, 04:50 PM
All you guys in OK need to count your mexican food blessings, at least you have a choice. There ain't no mexican food up here unless I make it.

SoonerStormchaser
11/20/2008, 04:50 PM
Chili enemas are teh ****!

Tulsa_Fireman
11/20/2008, 04:58 PM
assbeans

Lott's Bandana
11/20/2008, 05:04 PM
I'm talking specifically about the one in Norman. I've heard that's it's not as good as the other ones, but I've only been to that one.

I like the one in Norman. I'm gonna make sure I eat there before my next outing at the lake!

:eek:

Tulsa_Fireman
11/20/2008, 05:05 PM
OMG DENIED

YOUR CREDIBILITY IS GONE FOREVAR MDKLATT OHNOES HAHAHAHA LOL

mdklatt
11/20/2008, 05:11 PM
I like the one in Norman. I'm gonna make sure I eat there before my next outing at the lake!

:eek:

I should probably give it a second chance one of these days. Everybody can have an off day.

Lott's Bandana
11/20/2008, 05:20 PM
I should probably give it a second chance one of these days. Everybody can have an off day.

I'll treat.

The brother in there that runs the Nompton store (former Hardee's) treats you like the returning prodigal son when you walk in the door...dude is like your best buddy. I like that.