PDA

View Full Version : ok Sooner fans

picasso
10/2/2007, 05:11 PM
enough already. I've heard it on the radio and spoken to a few buddies who are still too busy thinking about the national title BCS game and how we're going to get into it.
Let's just think about winning out in the conference for now mmmkay?

sheesh we're a spoiled lot.:D

oh and if we can't beat Colorado we prrrrrobably don't deserve a shot at the title.

OUHOMER
10/2/2007, 05:13 PM
WELL yea.. we are spoiled. Now back to winning the MNC..... :D

sooneron
10/2/2007, 05:14 PM
WELL yea.. we are spoiled. Now back to winning the MNC..... :D
We'll get there if JJF never sees the field again!!:rolleyes:

85sooners
10/2/2007, 06:21 PM
:(

OU_Sooners75
10/2/2007, 09:49 PM
enough already. I've heard it on the radio and spoken to a few buddies who are still too busy thinking about the national title BCS game and how we're going to get into it.
Let's just think about winning out in the conference for now mmmkay?

sheesh we're a spoiled lot.:D

oh and if we can't beat Colorado we prrrrrobably don't deserve a shot at the title.

If USC can win the AP title in 2003 after losing to a 6-6 cal team, then OU can be right back in the mix after losing to a 3-2 (at this point) CU team.

:eek:

stoopified
10/2/2007, 09:58 PM
If USC can win the AP title in 2003 after losing to a 6-6 cal team, then OU can be right back in the mix after losing to a 3-2 (at this point) CU team.

Works for me,if you lose,lose early.

Crucifax Autumn
10/3/2007, 01:46 AM
And if you lose early, hope the winner wins the rest and you kick the chit outta them in the CCG.

stoopified
10/3/2007, 11:10 AM
And if you lose early, hope the winner wins the rest and you kick the chit outta them in the CCG.Exactly.People who are writing us off are forgetting in both 1975 and 1985 we rebounded from a loss to win the NC.That 1975 team ranks IMHO as the luckiest NC winner EVER at OU and maybe in CFB history.

To recap 1975:
1) beat a lame UM team 20-17
2) dodged a bullet against Buffs winning 21-20 when CU elected to go for tie and MISSED.
3)lost to a decent KU team 23-3 in the NINTH game of the season.
4)needed the 71 yard TD run by Little Joe plus 2 point conversion to edgs MU 28-27.Also needed Missou to miss game winning FG.
5)needd UCLA to upset a Buckeye team which had already beaten them in the regular season.
6)had to beat Michigan in the Orange Bowl,then hope voters overlook 12-0 BYU(I think).

It is because of both 1975 and 1985 that I still think we have a shot at #8.1975 has to give me the most hope though.

aero
10/3/2007, 11:27 AM
One game at a time. Let's kick texass!

OklahomaRed
10/3/2007, 11:31 AM
One game at a time. Let's kick texass!

Ditto! One game at a time. texassssssss sucks !!!! :D

picasso
10/3/2007, 12:12 PM

if we can't beat a 2-2 Colorado team on the road with a 24-7 lead then we's gonna have a tough road the rest of the season.

opksooner
10/3/2007, 12:47 PM
if we can't beat a 2-2 Colorado team on the road with a 24-7 lead then we's gonna have a tough road the rest of the season.

True. Painfull, but.....true.

kevpks
10/3/2007, 12:48 PM

One game does not a season make. It is possible that OU just had one really bad half. I prefer to think of the first 4 games of the season as the typical performance to look for out of this team. But I am sure it would be much more fun to see things from your perspective as a Sooner fan.

stoopified
10/3/2007, 04:25 PM
While I cannot disagree with your comment completely,there IS historical precedent for OU to bounce back.The 1975 team as I mentioned in an earlier post lost by 20 to a KU team that finsed 7-5.

To do so obviously we must play better.I think we have shown the ability to do so as I think OUr wins over UM and TU demonstrate.IMHO UM is better than CU and TU is just as good(beeter on O,not as good on D).Until I am shown different ,I will continue to believe that 10 unforced errors cost us the game (making any one of those 10 plays would have given us a W),make half those plays and the score looks a lot like TU.

We should find out this week as I believe UT is superior to CU.Part of me hopes that CU is as good as we made them look because I would like a CCG rematch.My basic point is that I think OU is the team that hammered their first 4 foes and NOT the one that gave away the game to the Buffs.The Red River Showdown should prove that validity one way or another.

picasso
10/3/2007, 05:22 PM
I'm not saying we can't or that we won't and we certainly have the history to do so. I'm just being cautious here.:D

Harry Beanbag
10/3/2007, 05:42 PM
6)had to beat Michigan in the Orange Bowl,then hope voters overlook 12-0 BYU(I think).

Actually, it was Arizona State, who played in the WAC at the time.

Crucifax Autumn
10/4/2007, 12:03 AM
You know, another way to look at it is that instead of one or 2 guys having a bad game at a time, they all got it out of the way at once.

westcoast_sooner
10/4/2007, 12:36 AM
Stoop - I think you're right. I think UT is better than CU. The difference is that CU was playing inspired football on their home field for homecoming. We had a huge target on our backs and made too many mistakes - poor gameplan, dropped and tipped passes for INTs, muffed punt, missed INT opportunities, the list goes on...

Bottom line is that this Saturday is UT and we'll need to be focused, play to the best of our abilities and correct the mistakes of last weekend.

My prediction is that we'll get it done on Saturday.

Crucifax Autumn
10/4/2007, 12:42 AM
I think CU is better than most people think...And I think the Convicts in Austin are worse.

yermom
10/4/2007, 01:20 AM
the way Texas struggled with the teams they have played, i'm not so sure they are better than CU. i mean they beat us, and lost to FSU and Arizona State, it's not like they were losing to Kent State or Troy

but i also think, if we win out, it would be better for CU to win out except for Nebraska/Kansas/KState who wins out and wins the North since it would actually boost our SOS to play someone we haven't played. Kansas might be the best since they haven't lost yet

westcoast_sooner
10/4/2007, 01:20 AM
I think Texas gets exposed on Saturday. It's time for another one of those domination games where the Sooners score early and often, and the Texas defense looks bewildered for most of the afternoon.

:mack: claps a lot, answers some questions for Colt in the post-game press conference and we start another string of wins against them this year.

The Sooners will be intense, tough, focused, and talk about last week will disappear.

yermom
10/4/2007, 01:21 AM
man, i hope so

Crucifax Autumn
10/4/2007, 01:24 AM
I think Texas gets exposed on Saturday. It's time for another one of those domination games where the Sooners score early and often, and the Texas defense looks bewildered for most of the afternoon.

:mack: claps a lot, answers some questions for Colt in the post-game press conference and we start another string of wins against them this year.

The Sooners will be intense, tough, focused, and talk about last week will disappear.

You left out the comforting hugs and lover's kisses.

soonermix
10/4/2007, 12:53 PM
any hopes for a NC this year hang on the fact that we lost first. now all we have to do is win out and let the rest work itself out. we have always needed help this year because we were in the unenviable spot of #3 in the polls. now we just need a little bit more.