PDA

View Full Version : Goin' after Rush and Talk Radio, round #568

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/2/2007, 03:27 PM
The Senate leader Harry Reid makes a speech on the Senate floor to criticize R. Limbaugh, and falsely accuse him of disrespecting the military, when it's Reid and his gang that ACTUALLY DO disrespect the military, time and time again. A resolution introduced in the House, too, to condemn private citizen Limbaugh. Paving the way to re-introduce the Fairness Doctrine, IMO.

I'm SHOCKED that nobody has started a thread on this before now.

Ike
10/2/2007, 03:36 PM
You're right...I think we should devote a whole 10 pages to a discussion of the ramifications of a non-binding resolution in the senate.

Hamhock
10/2/2007, 03:38 PM
IBTM

10/2/2007, 03:56 PM
You're right...I think we should devote a whole 10 pages to a discussion of the ramifications of a non-binding resolution in the senate.I would think you would be interested in how our legislators conduct the nation's business.

Scott D
10/2/2007, 03:58 PM
I would think you would be interested in how our legislators conduct the nation's business.

rock paper scissors....you may now carry on with your false outrage.

10/2/2007, 04:00 PM
rock paper scissors....you may now carry on with your false outrage.Real disgust, no real or imagined outrage. It's expected of those guys, but still disgusting.

soonerscuba
10/2/2007, 04:13 PM
I think Reid is an idiot, he is Senate majority leader, Rush is a drug addict. Do the math.

10/2/2007, 04:19 PM
I think Reid is an idiot, he is Senate majority leader, Rush is a (recovering, I think)drug addict. Do the math.For once we agree, except for the math part.

Ike
10/2/2007, 04:30 PM
I would think you would be interested in how our legislators conduct the nation's business.
Sure...when they write laws it's important. Nonbinding resolutions, not so much.

Just a quick search revealed some of the nonbinding resolutions brought before the senate just last week. Naturally, some of these most people would consider very reasonable things. Some of them however make you wonder why they do it. Its simple...they do it because they can, and these things don't really mean anything.

<edit> whoops..in my list there are some actual binding resolutions there...but they are easy to pick out

326. S.RES.326 : A resolution supporting the goals and ideals of a National Day of Remembrance for Murder Victims.
Sponsor: Sen Cornyn, John [TX] (introduced 9/24/2007) Cosponsors (2)

327. S.RES.327 : A resolution recognizing the 218th anniversary of the United States Marshals Service.
Sponsor: Sen Dole, Elizabeth [NC] (introduced 9/24/2007) Cosponsors (1)

328. S.RES.328 : A resolution condemning the assassination on September 19, 2007, of Antoine Ghanem, a member of the Parliament of Lebanon who opposed Syrian interference in Lebanon.
Sponsor: Sen Biden, Joseph R., Jr. [DE] (introduced 9/24/2007) Cosponsors (2)

329. S.RES.329 : A resolution congratulating Southern Illinois University Edwardsville as it celebrates its 50th anniversary.
Sponsor: Sen Durbin, Richard [IL] (introduced 9/24/2007) Cosponsors (1)

330. S.RES.330 : A resolution expressing the sense of the Senate regarding the degradation of the Jordan River and the Dead Sea and welcoming cooperation between the peoples of Israel, Jordan, and Palestine.
Sponsor: Sen Lugar, Richard G. [IN] (introduced 9/25/2007) Cosponsors (None)

331. S.RES.331 : A resolution expressing the sense of the Senate that Turkey should end its military occupation of the Republic of Cyprus, particularly because Turkey's pretext has been refuted by over 13,000,000 crossings of the divide by Turkish-Cypriots and Greek Cypriots into each other's communities without incident.
Sponsor: Sen Menendez, Robert [NJ] (introduced 9/25/2007) Cosponsors (1)

332. S.RES.332 : A resolution expressing the sense of the Senate that the Department of Defense and the Department of Veterans Affairs should increase their investment in pain management research.
Sponsor: Sen Mikulski, Barbara A. [MD] (introduced 9/26/2007) Cosponsors (1)

333. S.RES.333 : A resolution to authorize the production of records by the Permanent Subcommittee on Investigations of the Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs.
Sponsor: Sen Reid, Harry [NV] (introduced 9/26/2007) Cosponsors (1)

334. S.RES.334 : A resolution expressing the sense of the Senate regarding the degradation of the Jordan River and the Dead Sea and welcoming cooperation between the peoples of Israel, Jordan, and Palestine.
Sponsor: Sen Lugar, Richard G. [IN] (introduced 9/27/2007) Cosponsors (None)

335. S.RES.335 : A resolution recognizing that the occurrence of prostate cancer in African American men has reached epidemic proportions and urging Federal agencies to address that health crisis by designating funds for education, awareness outreach, and research specifically focused on how that disease affects African American men.
Sponsor: Sen Kerry, John F. [MA] (introduced 9/27/2007) Cosponsors (3)

336. S.RES.336 : A resolution recognizing and honoring the 20 years of service and contributions of Dr. James Hadley Billington as Librarian of Congress.
Sponsor: Sen Hutchison, Kay Bailey [TX] (introduced 9/27/2007) Cosponsors (21)

337. S.RES.337 : A resolution authorizing the Committee on Rules and Administration to prepare a revised edition of the Standing Rules of the Senate as a Senate document.
Sponsor: Sen Feinstein, Dianne [CA] (introduced 9/28/2007) Cosponsors (1)

338. S.RES.338 : A resolution supporting the goals and ideals of National Passport Month.
Sponsor: Sen Feinstein, Dianne [CA] (introduced 10/1/2007) Cosponsors (None)

339. S.RES.339 : A resolution expressing the sense of the Senate on the situation in Burma.
Sponsor: Sen Kerry, John F. [MA] (introduced 10/1/2007) Cosponsors (25)

340. S.RES.340 : A resolution recognizing the efforts and contributions of outstanding Hispanic scientists in the United States.
Sponsor: Sen Martinez, Mel [FL] (introduced 10/1/2007) Cosponsors (3)

85Sooner
10/2/2007, 04:34 PM
Called Harry Reids office to see if he was going on rushs show. They said he didn't know. I would love to hear that. Rush would destroy him.

And bringing up the drug thing is very dangerous and in porr taste sen harkin. he did it, went for treatment and has never done anything but address what he learned from it. Anyone who believes it can't happen to them (especially with drugs like oxycotin etc..) is fooling themselves.

85Sooner
10/2/2007, 04:35 PM
Sure...when they write laws it's important. Nonbinding resolutions, not so much.

Just a quick search revealed some of the nonbinding resolutions brought before the senate just last week. Naturally, some of these most people would consider very reasonable things. Some of them however make you wonder why they do it. Its simple...they do it because they can, and these things don't really mean anything.

<edit> whoops..in my list there are some actual binding resolutions there...but they are easy to pick out

I don't see one against anyone person. Especially one who calls them out with the truth.

Ike
10/2/2007, 04:38 PM
I don't see one against anyone person. Especially one who calls them out with the truth.

That was just last week. Im sure if we broaden the sample size, you'll see plenty.

soonerscuba
10/2/2007, 04:40 PM

Then I guess you were really, really mad about what Republicans did to John McCain, Max Cleland, and John Kerry?

Stoop Dawg
10/2/2007, 04:41 PM
Japs bomb Pearl Harbor!

soonerloyal
10/2/2007, 04:42 PM
Rush Limbaugh can suck the big 1111111One. I heard his entire statement and saw the video of it BEFORE the SOB edited it, and his insult to my veteran sons and their brothers isn't something I'll let him off the hook for. Just because he's backpedaling doesn't make his slap in the face any softer for the men and women who serve honorably, but don't agree with the war in Iraq.

I don't agree either with Congress and Bush wasting our time, money, focus and childrens' lives on bull**** carping over things that don't really matter - meanwhile our sons and daughters are bleeding out heartsblood while the rest of the country watches. But if you think I'm going to let crap slide over my windshield while I'm trying to drive and not hose it off, you'd be wrong. Between listening to O'Reilly not listen to anyone with a differing opinion, and Limbaugh barfing out ridiculous drivel towards the people who actually know whereof they speak, I'm ready to to throw them in the mud. That goes for the ultra-left screamers who have the same BS factor.

Truth is, the only opinions that really matter are the ones who have actually served - and the loved ones who wait at home for them to return. Regardless of opinion or political stance, theirs is borne of actually knowing the subject. Everyone elses' is just a weak imitation of a worthwhile opinion.

Rush Limbaugh never gave anything to this country worthwhile. His infected butt kept him safe from service in 'Nam. He might have the Constitutional right to state his opinion, but that doesn't mean it's worth a sh**. Ask my sons what they think of his opinion. The answers might rankle you...but it's two of the few you'll hear that actually counts for anything.

soonerscuba
10/2/2007, 04:43 PM
I feel silly posting in this thread, we have a limp-wristed politician sending meaningless legislation against a tired, drug-addled crackpot, and we are talking about it.

soonerloyal
10/2/2007, 04:49 PM
Ain't free speech ops wonderful?

10/2/2007, 05:04 PM
I feel silly posting in this thread, we have a limp-wristed politician sending meaningless legislation against a tired, drug-addled crackpot, and we are talking about it.Now we disagree again. Limbaugh is so effective and popular because he speaks the truth. For you to call him a crackpot means you are oblivious to the failings of the left, or you simply don't know much of what he says, and gobble the goop of leftist pundits.

mdklatt
10/2/2007, 05:16 PM
Now we disagree again. Limbaugh is so effective and popular because he tells people what they want to hear.

Most people don't give two ****s about the truth.

10/2/2007, 05:25 PM
Most leftists don't give two ****s about the truth.Hence the Harry Reid rant. Someday, those in Nevada will hopefully tire of his insistance on defeat in Iraq.

usmc-sooner
10/2/2007, 06:05 PM
I'm a Marine Veteran and I don't give a **** what Rush or Reid say.

Both of them talk for a living, neither one of them would pick up a rifle, and have my back. Neither one of them would squat in the desert for a year. Neither one of them could sit through some of the mind numbing boredom, or scary *** stuff that happens over there. I doubt either of them could get by on a few sips of water a day in the miserable heat of Iraq.

Both of them all talk, no do.

OklahomaTuba
10/2/2007, 06:16 PM
I think its funny when Harkin, a guy who lied about his military service, calls someone out for pointing out another guy who lied about his military service.

Irony at its best!

OklahomaTuba
10/2/2007, 06:26 PM
I have to give props to the donks though. They are keeping the good fight going in Iraq, despite their vile language against our troops at times and trying to take the authority of the C-in-C.

The US Senate Monday passed a mammoth 648 billion dollar defense policy bill, shorn of attempts by disappointed anti-war Democrats to dictate President George W. Bush's Iraq strategy.
The bill included around 128 billion dollars for the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, according to a Congressional Budget Office estimate.
The legislation passed by 92 votes to three after Democrats lost several attempts to dictate US troop levels in Iraq.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20071002/ts_afp/usiraqfunding

Maybe we can finally start talking winning before we leave, instead of retreating? I hope so!

85Sooner
10/2/2007, 06:48 PM

Oh I see. Got it.

soonerloyal
10/2/2007, 06:51 PM
Too bad we didn't think of winning before we sent 'em in. No ones' kid is worth profit or poll standings.

Now that they're there, give them whatever the hell they need, shut up and let them act however they need to, and come the hell home ASAP. They should only be sent to war if there's no other alternative. Never for greed or stupidity.

Farking civilians DNS. I'm with usmc_sooner. This ain't a ****ing contest, it's war. If the world was fair, people like our sons wouldn't be dying; stupid politicians would.

Shame on anyone who puts BS before the lives of our best.

soonerloyal
10/2/2007, 06:59 PM
Now we disagree again. Limbaugh is so effective and popular because he speaks the truth. For you to call him a crackpot means you are oblivious to the failings of the left, or you simply don't know much of what he says, and gobble the goop of leftist pundits.

Rush Limbaugh is ENTERTAINMENT. Do you get that? He's being paid to put on an ACT. He also wouldn't know truth if it bit him in his hemhorroidal, infected, worthless ***.

I'm not oblivious to s***. I see too clearly the failings of both political sides, and my children, and my friends' children, are paying the bloodprice for it while people like you are cluelessly pontificating points you don't truly understand.

Screw all the pundits. This isn't a joke, people. Our kids are paying a price they don't need to.

C&CDean
10/2/2007, 07:06 PM
Rush Limbaugh is ENTERTAINMENT. Do you get that? He's being paid to put on an ACT. He also wouldn't know truth if it bit him in his hemhorroidal, infected, worthless ***.

I'm not oblivious to s***. I see too clearly the failings of both political sides, and my children, and my friends' children, are paying the bloodprice for it while people like you are cluelessly pontificating points you don't truly understand.

Screw all the pundits. This isn't a joke, people. Our kids are paying a price they don't need to.

Dude or dudette, you'd get a lot more mileage out of your schtick if you dropped all the "my children and their friend's childrens" and "bloodprice" and all the other dramatical silliness. Just a friendly FYI.

And I'm not sure what us in Iraq has to do with Rush Limbaugh anyhow. Or Reid. They're both loudmouths who'd **** their pants if they had to spend a week over there.

soonerloyal
10/2/2007, 07:12 PM
With all due respect for your Admin powers, Sir...I'm a mother of two Marines who are combat vets, and a woman who tried to serve but couldn't, and a daughter of a 'Nam vet and ancestor of many others who served.

I have no schtick.

And asking the respect I and my SONS are due...this isn't dramatical silliness. It's the lives of my sons. I take it seriously.

I'll give you an apology if you feel I need to, gladly. But I won't apologize for my stance, or for voicing my concern.
I thought the Oval was a place I could.

I rejoice in differing viewpoints. That includes my own. That's one of the reasons my sons serve, so that we can voice those differing views. I avail myself of that freedom with their blessing. So do you all.

God bless all of y'all.

usmc-sooner
10/2/2007, 07:18 PM
I think it's very crucial we secure Iraq. It's very important for our future. I think we need this badly to keep their oil interests from falling into the hands of Iran or state sponsors of terrorism.

You know if we get in an oil crunch and gas prices surge to 4 or 5 bucks a gallon, your average civilian won't give a damn about how many of us die.

Although I take a different stance than soonerloyal, none of us, not even me, know what it's like for a mom with not one but 2 sons in Iraq. As a father(of children -thanks Gundy) I think it would be the hardest thing I could imagine.
I took a good long leave back home, (knew the orders were coming) and it broke my heart to watch my mother cry.
Something I agree with her on
I'm sick of hearing from people who don't know or would never have the heart to go, bickering back and forth as to what should be done.

usmc-sooner
10/2/2007, 07:24 PM
With all due respect for your Admin powers, Sir...I'm a mother of two Marines who are combat vets, and as a woman who tried to serve but couldn't, and as a daughter of a 'Nam vet and ancestor of many others who served.

I have no schtick.

And asking the respect I and my SONS are due...this isn't dramatical silliness.

For shame.

Dean was a Soldier he knows the routine, I've met him and he might be a little more harsh than most but he's a good guy.

85Sooner
10/2/2007, 07:27 PM
I'm a Marine Veteran and I don't give a **** what Rush or Reid say.

Both of them talk for a living, neither one of them would pick up a rifle, and have my back. Neither one of them would squat in the desert for a year. Neither one of them could sit through some of the mind numbing boredom, or scary *** stuff that happens over there. I doubt either of them could get by on a few sips of water a day in the miserable heat of Iraq.

Both of them all talk, no do.

Hey US I understand what you are saying however wouldn't you agree that there is a difference in one that has supported the troops and given millions to the families of our troops KIA and has defended them at home against the rantings of elected officials whose words, acuasations and interests are only confirmed if they the US are defeated. To me those are very different bird-dogs.

usmc-sooner
10/2/2007, 07:40 PM
Hey US I understand what you are saying however wouldn't you agree that there is a difference in one that has supported the troops and given millions to the families of our troops KIA and has defended them at home against the rantings of elected officials whose words, acuasations and interests are only confirmed if they the US are defeated. To me those are very different bird-dogs.

if I had to spend time with either I'd choose Rush. But to be honest I don't like either one of them. I think both are kind of hypocrits. Out of all those talk shows I like the one done by a lady name Laura (don't know her last name) the best.
Yeah I get sick of the Dems (probably would never vote for one to run our Country) effort to tank a war to win elections, but I also sometimes feel that the Republicans aint fighting hard enough for us to win.

Sometimes I feel like they both get together and stage some of this stuff, because doesn't seem like a whole lot ever changes.

10/2/2007, 07:40 PM
Hey US I understand what you are saying however wouldn't you agree that there is a difference in one that has supported the troops and given millions to the families of our troops KIA and has defended them at home against the rantings of elected officials whose words, acuasations and interests are only confirmed if they the US are defeated. To me those are very different bird-dogs.What he said...exactly! Limbaugh has been a staunch supporter in the troops and victory in Iraq. He has given beaucoup buck$ to a marine charity, has visited the troops in Afghanistan at his own expense, and constantly calls out those in congress who have called our troops criminals, murderers, etc. Harry Reid, on the other hand, is a national disgrace. You prolly ought to listento Limbaugh's show, so you can learn what he's really about-not what liberal pundits say he's about.

soonerloyal
10/2/2007, 07:43 PM
I agree, Devil Dog. We must secure Iraq. I just don't know HOW we can, at this point. I think everyone posting here should share what they think we can do to get this done. Ideas from all sides are something I'd LOVE to hear!

Pontification from bystanders in politics and media takes away from finding real solutions to this problem, IMO. To me, that's why I feel it's important I weigh in on what the pundits and Beltway buffoons have to say. To some, it's talking points. To military families, it's our very lives.

The world has been fighting over Iraq's oil since at least WWII. Britain went into Iraq, concerned over the Ba'ath Party, and over its influence over the oil. They were determined that the Axis not gain control over the oil.

Not many people know that the Ba'ath Party was patterned after the Nazi Party. The Nazis were less concerned over furthering their Party ideals than they were over securing Germany's interests in Iraqi oil. Unfortunately, some people are still more interested in profiting from that oil control than they are in troop survival and victory. "Love of money is the root of all evil." *sigh*

Don't worry about us moms, Marine. You're a son. It's not your job to worry. It's our job as mamas. Your job is to do your job, then come home safely to us. Do that, and it's all good.

I guess some days the worry and the stress is worse than others. For someone who is a writer, the stress finds a voice on the page. Y'all just happen to read, and hear, the brunt of it. Bless y'all for putting up with a mom's pain and concern.

Damn, I sure am looking forward to the distraction of the RRS...

85Sooner
10/2/2007, 07:55 PM
If my choice is a talk host thats supports our military and trusts in THEM to konw what to do and a talk host who is anti US and believes that politicians in DC can solve the problem, I will go with the former.

I to don't believe the repub have done enough to denounce what the dems are saying but as to what the solutions are/ should be I will defer to our soldiers for that. (unfortunately we had a president that gutted the military and put a lot of shall we say less than aggressive leaders in place at the pentagon) But like you say improvise, adapt, overcome.

Jerk
10/2/2007, 07:57 PM
Is anyone going to actually talk about what happened here?

Media Matters is obviously a subscriber to 'the ends justify the means' doctrine of most radicals. The whole thing was an out-right lie, and the democrats took it and ran with it, not knowing that they had been lied to themsevles by their 'ally' MM. But did they? That's okay, because most people will be given the MSM spin and, in their minds, they'll tell themselves that this really happened (i.e., Rush calling certain troops who oppose the war 'fake soldiers') These people have the honesty of a used car salesman. Just wait until they control the White House.

usmc-sooner
10/2/2007, 08:01 PM
so what exactly was said to cause all of this?

Jerk
10/2/2007, 08:05 PM
so what exactly was said to cause all of this?
Rush was talking about a 'decorated vet' who was a big-time anti-war guy and made several speeches about what our troops did to Iraqis, like burn them alive in their mosque, rape, etc, Turns out this d*ckhead NEVER served. He was a fake. Rush called him a 'fake soldier.' Media Matters took this to mean that Rush was calling all vets and soldiers who oppose the war 'fake soldiers.' So the dumbf*** democrats ran with this, and made speeches on the floor of congress about what a horrible person Rush is.

soonerloyal
10/2/2007, 08:09 PM
I'm confused. What was an outright lie? In the original broadcast, Limbaugh said "soldiers" not "soldier".

Slightly OT...Out of curiosity, how many of you here think that just because a Warrior doesn't subscribe to the Administration's views on Iraq, he isn't "real" or "patriotic" - or is in a tiny minority? Many honorable warriors serve, even though they'd rather be somewhere that "we REALLY need to be".

usmc-sooner
10/2/2007, 08:12 PM
Rush was talking about a 'decorated vet' who was a big-time anti-war guy and made several speeches about what our troops did to Iraqis, like burn them alive in their mosque, rape, etc, Turns out this d*ckhead NEVER served. He was a fake. Rush called him a 'fake soldier.' Media Matters took this to mean that Rush was calling all vets and soldiers who oppose the war 'fake soldiers.' So the dumbf*** democrats ran with this, and made speeches on the floor of congress about what a horrible person Rush is.

well then I'm with Rush 100%

usmc-sooner
10/2/2007, 08:18 PM
I'm confused. What was an outright lie? In the original broadcast, Limbaugh said "soldiers" not "soldier".

Slightly OT...Out of curiosity, how many of you here think that just because a Warrior doesn't subscribe to the Administration's views on Iraq, he isn't "real" or "patriotic" - or is in a tiny minority? Many honorable warriors serve, even though they'd rather be somewhere that "we REALLY need to be".

Maam,
somewhere we really need to be, always means some ****hole where people die.

I'd say 90% of the military understands and supports what is going on. Nobody likes to be there but most understand why we are there.

GrapevineSooner
10/2/2007, 08:19 PM

The phony soldier in question was one Jesse MacBeth (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jesse_Macbeth), BTW.

I personally think the reference was vague at best. Rush probably should have chosen his words more carefully, but to suggest he was slandering all troops who aren't supportive of the war in Iraq would take quite a reach.

As for Media Matters, they rank right up there with the Media Research Council in terms of believability. One group is run by a bunch of left wing nut jobs while the other is run by right-wing fundies.

Jerk
10/2/2007, 08:20 PM

There are more than one.

http://www.usdoj.gov/usao/waw/press/2007/sep/operationstolenvalor.html

C&CDean
10/2/2007, 08:22 PM

What was the lie? Did you read it?

And let's not get hung up on semantics. "soldiers" "soldier" you know what he meant.

And EVERY soldier/marine/sailor/airman would rather be somewhere "somewhere that we REALLY need to be." Whatever the hell that means.

It wasn't a mistake to go into Iraq. EVERYBODY wanted to, and we did it. It'd be a huge mistake to bail out on them now. We need to support our troops AND our CIC. Yeah, we want all the boys home now. No different than Vietnam, Korea, WWII, WWI, S/A War, Civil War, etc., etc. Sitting around bitching about this administration's wartime policy is counterproductive. Besides, we'd be in Iraq regardless of who went into the Oval Office. Look back at where EVERYBODY'S head was back then. Now, the lefties have all backed out and have shown their true chicken**** colors. Double meh.

Jerk
10/2/2007, 08:23 PM
This guy's accounts were reported in arabic all across the M.E. as factual:

*Jesse Macbeth, 23, Tacoma, Washington, sentenced today in connection with his fraudulent claims of military service. Macbeth sought medical benefits claiming to suffer from PTSD related to service in Iraq and Afghanistan, in fact, Macbeth was discharged from the Army about a month after he joined. Macbeth never traveled outside the U.S. with the Army. Macbeth duped reporters, claiming to be a decorated Army Ranger who had witnessed war crimes.

Yes, war crimes, really bad stuff, and it was being reported to the entire Arab world as an authentic story from a real U.S. Vet.

10/2/2007, 08:26 PM

There have been other "fake" soldiers besides the guy Jerk spoke of, and Limbaugh was talking about all of them in the "fake" category.

Soonerus
10/2/2007, 08:35 PM
Geez, what an impossible discussion..

usmc-sooner
10/2/2007, 08:36 PM
This guy's accounts were reported in arabic all across the M.E. as factual:

*Jesse Macbeth, 23, Tacoma, Washington, sentenced today in connection with his fraudulent claims of military service. Macbeth sought medical benefits claiming to suffer from PTSD related to service in Iraq and Afghanistan, in fact, Macbeth was discharged from the Army about a month after he joined. Macbeth never traveled outside the U.S. with the Army. Macbeth duped reporters, claiming to be a decorated Army Ranger who had witnessed war crimes.

Yes, war crimes, really bad stuff, and it was being reported to the entire Arab world as an authentic story from a real U.S. Vet.

I doubt it was real hard to dupe a U.S. reporter. :rolleyes:

Jerk
10/2/2007, 08:39 PM
I doubt it was real hard to dupe a U.S. reporter. :rolleyes:

As long as it fits with the story they want to tell, they will run with it.

def_lazer_fc
10/3/2007, 12:24 AM
What he said...exactly! Limbaugh has been a staunch supporter in the troops and victory in Iraq. He has given beaucoup buck$ to a marine charity, has visited the troops in Afghanistan at his own expense, and constantly calls out those in congress who have called our troops criminals, murderers, etc. Harry Reid, on the other hand, is a national disgrace. You prolly ought to listento Limbaugh's show, so you can learn what he's really about-not what liberal pundits say he's about.

taking the word of people who hardly have the time to remove rush's **** from their mouth before posting. priceless. ;)

def_lazer_fc
10/3/2007, 12:29 AM
Is anyone going to actually talk about what happened here?

Media Matters is obviously a subscriber to 'the ends justify the means' doctrine of most radicals. The whole thing was an out-right lie, and the democrats took it and ran with it, not knowing that they had been lied to themsevles by their 'ally' MM. But did they? That's okay, because most people will be given the MSM spin and, in their minds, they'll tell themselves that this really happened (i.e., Rush calling certain troops who oppose the war 'fake soldiers') These people have the honesty of a used car salesman. Just wait until they control the White House.
they'll get the media matters "spin" as opposed to what? the rush backtracking "trying to cover my ***" excuses? rush has the most perpetual foot in mouth syndrome ever.

def_lazer_fc
10/3/2007, 12:32 AM
Maam,
somewhere we really need to be, always means some ****hole where people die.

I'd say 90% of the military understands and supports what is going on. Nobody likes to be there but most understand why we are there.

no offense, but did you just pull that 90% figure out of your ***? b/c really, there's no way you know that.

def_lazer_fc
10/3/2007, 12:41 AM
What was the lie? Did you read it?

And let's not get hung up on semantics. "soldiers" "soldier" you know what he meant.

And EVERY soldier/marine/sailor/airman would rather be somewhere "somewhere that we REALLY need to be." Whatever the hell that means.

It wasn't a mistake to go into Iraq. EVERYBODY wanted to, and we did it. It'd be a huge mistake to bail out on them now. We need to support our troops AND our CIC. Yeah, we want all the boys home now. No different than Vietnam, Korea, WWII, WWI, S/A War, Civil War, etc., etc. Sitting around bitching about this administration's wartime policy is counterproductive. Besides, we'd be in Iraq regardless of who went into the Oval Office. Look back at where EVERYBODY'S head was back then. Now, the lefties have all backed out and have shown their true chicken**** colors. Double meh.

ok....where to start with this one.

1. i thought it was proven that it was a mistake to go into iraq...at least for the reasons given.
2. EVERYBODY didn't wan't to do it. thats just an absurd stance to take so i won't even bother with this one.
3. i think the situation that really seperates people is the myth that if you don't support the war, you don't support the troops. you seem to be taking the "well, we're there, so why not.". i tend to think that no matter if we are there or not, if it wasn't for the right/stated reasons, get the troops out. its not their job to pave over this admin's **** ups.
4. im not sure about your point about lefties being "chicken ****s". if by realizing they made a mistake and changed course, then yes...they are "chicken ****". and its terms like that from people like you that will never get this country reunited because there is just pure hatred from some people...left and right.

and i just want everyone to know...
this is just some lively discussion. not intended to offend anyone because thats not what im here for. language and semantics is purely me. just how i go about things. so to some of you, which i know served....no disrespect. you are all held in the highest regard, regardless of political affiliation.

Jerk
10/3/2007, 04:54 AM
they'll get the media matters "spin" as opposed to what? the rush backtracking "trying to cover my ***" excuses? rush has the most perpetual foot in mouth syndrome ever.
Why would he need an excuse for something he did not do? Oh, wait, you believe that he did do this, even though we showed the actual context of what Rush was discussing.

...most people will be given the MSM spin and, in their minds, they'll tell themselves that this really happened
Holly hell, Jerk was spot on!

Gandalf_The_Grey
10/3/2007, 06:59 AM
No problem with anyone being against the war in Iraq and/or protesting because they are against it(as long as they do it in a civil manner of course and at an appropriate time). People that are lying about being soldiers and spreading lies about our troops should be hung from the gallows. It is the worst form of treason. Our troops are the most discliplined the world has ever seen. How many forces as strong as ours in history have gone out of their way SO much to limit civillian casualities and limit basic infrastructure damage? The answer is absolutely none have ever done that. Hell I know enough Marines to know that if you removed the handcuffs of being civil, they could wipe Iraq off the map with probably less than a thousand of them. What we are attempting to do is not destroy but build. People over here posing as soldiers saying that our soldiers are going into cities raping women, killing children, and just generally doing god awful **** are hurting any type of good will are soldiers are doing and any type of integrity that they may have been gained in the Middle East with their steady and disciplined approach of our soldiers. Every hardline Islamic person will be showing this to their ignorant young people for motivating them to continue discord with our soldiers. I am not a huge Rush fan but seriously they should be passing resolution to bring back hangings for folks that do traitourous things such flat out lie about our military.

Okla-homey
10/3/2007, 07:07 AM
Look folks. Carp about the "mistake" of going to war in Iraq if you must. All my dumb Okie butt knows is on 9/11/2001 approximately 10,000 American civilians died in a coordinated attack perpetrated my Islamic militants on our soil.

Since we took the fight to their turf, no American has suffered a scratch from Islamic militants on our soil.

No one can convince me our presence in the embattled region is a mistake or that we should withdraw our forces. The mission of defending the United States by killing people and breaking things, preferably as far from the US as possible, is why we have a defense establishment.

Yes, we've lost almost 4000 sons on the battlefield and each one is a tragic loss. However, that is what they do, and so far, they have that mission performed splendidly. The stakes are simply too high to leave. I think that's also why the three donks who lead in their nomination race are making no promises about leaving despite their stated opposition to the war. IOW, they're trying to have their cake and eat it too. Silly.

And this polesmoker who made deliberate false claims about his "service" deserves jail time IMHO. I find it particularly ironic that he was dumb enough to be used as a web-based shill by domestic surrrenderists and enemy factions while he ignored the fact that real soldiers, sailors, airmen and Marines have internet access too and can always spot a phoney faux-GI.

olevetonahill
10/3/2007, 07:17 AM
I wish jane fonda would run fer prez . shed str8nt this shat out !

soonerloyal
10/3/2007, 07:45 AM
LOL olevet. You & usmc_sooner always manage to snap me out of bad moods.
Thanks!

Can't believe you said the "F" word. Over three decades...I still can't stand that b****.

It's so strange having two vet sons who have opposite political beliefs. Should make for interesting dinner discussions, next time the family's all together. Yowza.

usmc-sooner
10/3/2007, 07:57 AM
no offense, but did you just pull that 90% figure out of your ***? b/c really, there's no way you know that.

I know it because most of the Marines I was with supported it, none of them liked being there but they knew we were given a job and it was important that we accomplish the mission. They've also had several polls in various military media's. Such as Marine Corps Times and they had the number around 90%. I'm not a liberal whiney boy like you, and your boy Dan Rather, I don't just make **** up and spout is as fact. Your protesting over something that hasn't even affected you in one way, while the people who are man enough to do the fighting support it.

85Sooner
10/3/2007, 07:58 AM
ok....where to start with this one.

1. i thought it was proven that it was a mistake to go into iraq...at least for the reasons given.
2. EVERYBODY didn't wan't to do it. thats just an absurd stance to take so i won't even bother with this one.
3. i think the situation that really seperates people is the myth that if you don't support the war, you don't support the troops. you seem to be taking the "well, we're there, so why not.". i tend to think that no matter if we are there or not, if it wasn't for the right/stated reasons, get the troops out. its not their job to pave over this admin's **** ups.
4. im not sure about your point about lefties being "chicken ****s". if by realizing they made a mistake and changed course, then yes...they are "chicken ****". and its terms like that from people like you that will never get this country reunited because there is just pure hatred from some people...left and right.

and i just want everyone to know...
this is just some lively discussion. not intended to offend anyone because thats not what im here for. language and semantics is purely me. just how i go about things. so to some of you, which i know served....no disrespect. you are all held in the highest regard, regardless of political affiliation. but when I don't agree I will speak out publicly using whatever facts/unfacts I want to to make sure and let the enemy know that i am on their side

fixed

usmc-sooner
10/3/2007, 08:02 AM
the latest poll I could find had troop support of the war dropping from 83% to to 60%. Which is different from the Marine only poll I had alluded to earlier.

usmc-sooner
10/3/2007, 08:05 AM
the latest poll I found had all troops not just Marines that I alluded to earlier dropping from 83% to 60%. But the question was do you think the war is being handled the right way? and what are the chances of success? not do you support involvement in Iraq.

85Sooner
10/3/2007, 08:21 AM
the latest poll I found had all troops not just Marines that I alluded to earlier dropping from 83% to 60%. But the question was do you think the war is being handled the right way? and what are the chances of success? not do you support involvement in Iraq.

I can't speak for them but I bet they are sick of all the BS in DC saying enough already either let us do this and get the hell out of the way or bring us home. but thats an unknowing opinion.

OklahomaTuba
10/3/2007, 08:33 AM

Mistake my ***.

The only reason libz call it a mistake, is because they didn't do it first.

Here are the reasons BTW:

Iraq's noncompliance with the conditions of the 1991 cease fire, including interference with weapons inspectors.
Iraq's alleged weapons of mass destruction, and programs to develop such weapons, posed a "threat to the national security of the United States and international peace and security in the Persian Gulf region."
Iraq's "brutal repression of its civilian population."
Iraq's "capability and willingness to use weapons of mass destruction against other nations and its own people".
Iraq's hostility towards the United States as demonstrated by the 1993 assassination attempt of former President George H. W. Bush (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_H._W._Bush), and firing on coalition aircraft enforcing the no-fly zones following the 1991 Gulf War.
Members of al-Qaeda were "known to be in Iraq."
Iraq's "continu[ing] to aid and harbor other international terrorist organizations," including anti-United States terrorist organizations.
The efforts by the Congress and the President to fight terrorists, including the 9/11 terrorists and those who aided or harbored them.
The authorization by the Constitution and the Congress for the President to fight anti-United States terrorism.
Citing the Iraq Liberation Act of 1998 (Clinton), the resolution reiterated that it should be the policy of the United States to remove the Saddam Hussein regime and promote a democratic replacement.

usmc-sooner
10/3/2007, 08:57 AM
I can't speak for them but I bet they are sick of all the BS in DC saying enough already either let us do this and get the hell out of the way or bring us home. but thats an unknowing opinion.

probably most of them do. Nobody wants to be a sitting duck in a war zone, while politicians argue about what to do.

Scott D
10/3/2007, 10:25 AM
I still think we need a strong individual in the pentagon to round up everyone in the legislative and executive branches and expose them to a hostile environment with no body armor and malfunctioning weaponry. It'd be like giving the country a well needed enema.

Jerk
10/3/2007, 11:13 AM
I still think we need a strong individual in the pentagon to round up everyone in the legislative and executive branches and expose them to a hostile environment with no body armor and malfunctioning weaponry. It'd be like giving the country a well needed enema.
Nah, you just use the V-22 Osprey as their transportation during its beta phase.

Scott D
10/3/2007, 12:16 PM
no Jerk, the idea is to put them into a standard battle situation of our people in either Afghanistan or Iraq...any politician loss isn't even counted as a troop loss or collateral damage.

OklahomaTuba
10/3/2007, 12:19 PM
I think it would be counted as a gain, actually.

85Sooner
10/3/2007, 12:42 PM
I think it would be counted as a gain, actually.
dittos to that