PDA

View Full Version : Funstering in Big D this weekend...

soonerboy_odanorth
10/2/2007, 12:43 PM
West End....got it.
Primo's is my favorite Tex-Mex...so that's TCO.
The Pappa's complex off of I-35 and Lombardy and some of the really "fine" ballet companies off of W. Northwest Hwy..... check.

Keep in mind I am going to try and entertain my buddy for his 40th b-day and his first trip to Big D for the RRS.

So some questions:

Is the Greenville Ave. area cool? Heard that's ok up towards SMU and points southward with lotso bars, restaurants, etc.

Is dragging Commerce Ave. Friday night worth spit these days, or should we skip it?

Is Deep Ellum still teh ghey, or cleaned up a bit and worth a peak?

And finally, where arst thine fave spots and or hidden gems?

Thanks!

OUDoc
10/2/2007, 12:53 PM
Is dragging Commerce Ave. Friday night worth spit these days, or should we skip it?

Thought they ended this 10+ years ago? (I haven't been to OU/texas since about 2003.)

TexasLidig8r
10/2/2007, 01:11 PM
Commerce has been dead for quite awhile now.

If you're over 25 years old, skip the West End.. especially since most places have moved up to Victory Park (Dick's Last Resort and House of Blues)...

Uptown and West Village are going to be hopping...

soonerboy_odanorth
10/2/2007, 01:35 PM
So Lid... Where is the West Village area?...(Edit: Withdrawn, counselor. A little googling informed me that West Village/Uptown basically same-y same-y)...

With Primo's smack dab in the middle of Uptown, we probably could make an evening of that.

crawfish
10/2/2007, 01:36 PM
Funstering has been outlawed.

Go enjoy a nice, quiet dinner in Deep Ellum and an early bedtime.

Beef
10/2/2007, 01:37 PM
Funstering has been outlawed.

Go enjoy a nice, quiet dinner in Deep Ellum and an early bedtime.
It would be more of a dirtnaptime after you do dinner in Deep Ellum.

soonerboy_odanorth
10/2/2007, 01:38 PM
Thought they ended this 10+ years ago? (I haven't been to OU/texas since about 2003.)

Thought so... just wanted confirmation.

And thanks Lid on the West End info... last year I saw a report regarding the city/police putting a very tight lid (no pun intended) on it anyway, including early shutdown of several establishments...

... the times they are a changin...

Boarder
10/2/2007, 05:08 PM
I'm catching a concert at the House Of Blues Friday nite.

C&CDean
10/2/2007, 06:55 PM
I'm watching my kid's football game in Lexington on Friday night, then driving down to Dallas afterward. What are y'all doing about 2am?:texan:

soonerboy_odanorth
10/3/2007, 12:01 PM
I'm watching my kid's football game in Lexington on Friday night, then driving down to Dallas afterward. What are y'all doing about 2am?:texan:

Gettin' you all liquored up if ya meet us somewhere...

That is unless birthday boy Kelly has a couple hoochies hangin' off his arms by then...

:D

soonerbrat
10/3/2007, 01:02 PM
Greenville Ave has a lot of cool bars...i had a lot of fun there.

soonerboy_odanorth
10/3/2007, 01:05 PM
Greenville Ave has a lot of cool bars...i had a lot of fun there.

Well then... You can be our hoochie anytime, brat... ;)

M
10/3/2007, 01:09 PM
I won't be in Dallas this weekend. I know you were all waiting with baited breath to hear that.

OUDoc
10/3/2007, 01:10 PM
I won't be in Dallas this weekend. I know you were all waiting with baited breath to hear that.
I waited, but had already used a breath mint.