PDA

View Full Version : I-35 Update

Sooner24
10/2/2007, 11:30 AM
Drove it yesterday. They now have both sides open but just one lane in both directions from the Lake Murry exit to the first Ardmore exit coming from the south. I would bet they have both sides, both lanes open by Friday. I will check again tomorrow and if anything changes I will let you know.

Howzit
10/2/2007, 01:17 PM
It's been down to one lane in both directions for months.

crawfish
10/2/2007, 01:24 PM
The guy who sits beside me at OU games works for the Highway commission. He said in years past that companies faced huge fines if they had lanes closed during OU-Tx weekend, Thanksgiving or Christmas.

So, when you're sitting, unmoving in one lane of traffic, just remember that somebody is probably paying dearly for it. :)

p.s. of course, knowing our government, it's probably you. :O

p.p.s. He also told me the head of the commission is an aggy, so don't get your hopes up. :(

Oldnslo
10/2/2007, 03:08 PM
Thanks, '24. Can you go drive 75 for me and let me know of any slowdowns there? kplzthx.

SicEmBaylor
10/2/2007, 03:11 PM
Thanks, '24. Can you go drive 75 for me and let me know of any slowdowns there? kplzthx.
I drove down 75 from Muskogee to Dallas this last weekend, and things are generally pretty clear.

There is some construction work going on the south side of Atoka (if I remember correctly) for about 10-15 miles, but aside from that I encountered no problems.

IB4OU2
10/2/2007, 03:18 PM
I drove down 75 from Muskogee to Dallas this last weekend, and things are generally pretty clear.

There is some construction work going on the south side of Atoka (if I remember correctly) for about 10-15 miles, but aside from that I encountered no problems.

are you sure?

sooner_born_1960
10/2/2007, 03:22 PM
It was overcast last weekend.

Okla-homey
10/2/2007, 04:02 PM
Just make sure you stop and spend $$$ in Ard Vegas. We need the influx of turista dollars. Either, buy snacks at Loves, or secksy lingerie and stripper shoes at the adult store just east of the 12th Street exit.:D

Stoop Dawg
10/2/2007, 04:37 PM
Drove it yesterday. They now have both sides open but just one lane in both directions from the Lake Murry exit to the first Ardmore exit coming from the south. I would bet they have both sides, both lanes open by Friday. I will check again tomorrow and if anything changes I will let you know.

Seems like it took them 8 months to finish the north-bound side, then about 2 months to do the south-bound side. I guess all the rain this spring may have had an impact.

I was surprised that they were allowing traffic on both sides, and I hope you're right that all lanes are open by this weekend. Though it will take some serious effort to get that done (repaint all the lines for miles and miles).

SicEmBaylor
10/2/2007, 05:02 PM
are you sure?
I'm pretty sure.

achiro
10/2/2007, 06:04 PM
When is the traffic typically the worst? Thu night? Fri? gameday? I am sure coming back on Sunday sucks no matter how you cut it.:(

Petro-Sooner
10/2/2007, 06:29 PM
I've only gone down on Friday early afternoons. It was definatly busy but cant tell you how it was on a Thursday or Saturday. Definatly have patience when you get to the 35 split in Denton.

Sooner24
10/2/2007, 11:30 PM

75/69 is a death trap.

That is if you don't get caught in a speed trap first.

SicEmBaylor
10/2/2007, 11:40 PM
75/69 is a death trap.

That is if you don't get caught in a speed trap first.

The speed traps are really only horrible between McAlester and Durant.