PDA

View Full Version : Sam moves to #1

ruf/nekdad
10/2/2007, 11:29 AM
reported today in a Tulsa World article by John Hoover;

Despite an 8-of-19 throwing performance that included two interceptions, OU quarterback Sam Bradford is major college football's top-rated passer this week.

Bradford's rating going into Texas is 194.4. He climbed over Rutgers' Mike Teel, whose rating fell to 188.6. Florida's Tim Tebow ranks third with a 185.4 rating.

The efficiency rating formula considers completion percentage, yards per attempt, touchdown percentage and interception percentage. Bradford is completing 72.17 percent of his passes, is averaging 10.25 yards per completion and has thrown 15 TDs and 4 interceptions in 115 attempts. He's also averaging 13.04 yards per completion.

The NCAA record for efficiency rating was set last season by Hawaii's Colt Brennan, who posted a 186.0 rating.

As a team, the Sooners lead the nation with a 191.89 rating.

First
ever: Texas had never allowed a punt return touchdown, a kickoff return touchdown and a fumble return touchdown in the same season before now. But Kansas State did all in the same game during Saturday's 41-21 Wildcat victory in Austin.

Getting better: The concussion symptoms running back Chris Brown experienced "likely" limited him to just one rushing attempt (for zero yards) at Colorado. Brown had carried at least 10 times in each of his three previous games.

"They did a series of tests. I'm close to 100 percent, if not already there," Brown said Monday. "Most likely (not getting to play much) was because of that."

Don't mess with Mack: The Oklahoma City bar fight last summer between an OU fan and a Texas fan drew headlines because of the gruesome nature of the Texas fan's injuries. Texas coach Mack Brown said Monday it would be hard to generalize about OU and Texas fans' dislike for each other.

"But there would be some fans that don't like each other and are very aggressive," he said. "I'm not going to wear a (Texas) T-shirt in a bar in Oklahoma."

Replay review: Juaquin Iglesias had a crucial fourth-quarter catch taken away in Boulder by a replay review. Television replays showed the ball bounce up into Iglesias' chest, but those same replays did not definitively show the ball bouncing off the ground. A still photo of the play shows Iglesias' hands beneath the football, hinting that the upward motion of the ball could have been caused from Iglesias' hands, which is a catch.

To overturn a call on the field, indisputable video evidence is required. What was shown on FSN's broadcast clearly was not indisputable. It should be noted, however, that replay officials can request camera angles that aren't necessarily shown during broadcasts, if available. The Big 12, per its standard guidelines on sportsmanship and officiating, declined comment about the play.

sanantoniosooner
10/2/2007, 11:32 AM
I bet Sam cares less than I do.

sooner518
10/2/2007, 11:33 AM

The Big 12, per its standard guidelines on sportsmanship and officiating, weaseled out of admitting terrible officiating and home-cooking by the instant replay official, by declining to comment on the play.

Fixed. :D

ocsooner
10/2/2007, 11:34 AM
The Big 12, per its standard guidelines on sportsmanship and officiating, declined comment about the play.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

ruf/nekdad
10/2/2007, 11:37 AM
I bet Sam cares less than I do.
Just trying to pull some folks in off the ledge SAS.

Scott D
10/2/2007, 11:55 AM
Just trying to pull some folks in off the ledge SAS.

Charles Darwin called, and requested that you let them take the leap.

ruf/nekdad
10/2/2007, 11:57 AM
:D

Seamus
10/2/2007, 12:58 PM

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/images/reputation/reputation_highpos.gif

cheezyq
10/3/2007, 12:07 PM
Originally Posted by ruf/nekdad

The Big 12, per its standard guidelines against sportsmanship and fair officiating, weaseled out of admitting terrible officiating and home-cooking by the instant replay official, by declining to comment on the play.

Fixed. :D

Fixed again.

humblesooner
10/3/2007, 03:10 PM
Along these lines, all the articles start off with "OU came in to the game averaging 61.5 points per game through the first four games."

I have yet to see an article stating that "the OU offense is averaging 54 points per game through their 5th game of the year".

That is an incredible number still for a team that is not BYU, Hawaii, TTech where defense is just another word in the dictionary.

stoopified
10/3/2007, 03:43 PM
That is an incredible number still for a team that is not BYU, Hawaii, TTech where defense is just another word in the dictionary.
True dat

BigRedJed
10/3/2007, 06:40 PM
Of all people who SHOULD walk into a bar in Oklahoma City wearing a texas shirt, it's Mack. Hell, I'd buy him a drink if I had a chance, just for giggles. Besides, it's a little wimpy and disturbing for a head coach (especially one of the most recognizable in the game) to admit that he would be afraid to rock his school colors, anywhere.

StormySooner-IN
10/3/2007, 06:47 PM
Charles Darwin called, and requested that you let them take the leap.:D http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/images/reputation/reputation_highpos.gif