PDA

View Full Version : I am so glad that Texas lost to Kansas State

MamaMia
10/2/2007, 10:33 AM
Thinking that we were going to be undefeated going into Dallas, I wanted the horns to be undefeated as well. In light of our unexpected loss however, I am so glad that K-State won that game in Austin. The fact that the Wildcats beat them on their own turf made it even better. Having a branch of horn fans on my family tree, it would have been totally unbearable for me otherwise. Now I can comfortably load up the luggage and head south with a good feeling.

The time has come to take back the Golden Hat. :D

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y86/OUmom/OU%20Football/outex2.jpg

Phil
10/2/2007, 10:37 AM
Indeed. SEIZE THE HAT!!!

Widescreen
10/2/2007, 11:23 AM
Hey Phil. Has Bob Wheeler come out of exile yet to challenge you to some kind of on-air debate? Good times.

mightysooner
10/2/2007, 01:43 PM
Why would you be glad that Texas lost? Shouldn't we want them undefeated and highly ranked when we beat them?

soonersn2007
10/2/2007, 03:21 PM
Why would you be glad that Texas lost? Shouldn't we want them undefeated and highly ranked when we beat them?Texas losing is a double edged sword. We all hate texas and them losing is satisfying, it would been more satisfying if we were the ones beating them first. With our unexpected loss, a win over a undefeated texas would help us. Now the winner of the RRS, will be looked at by the rest of the nation as the least suckiest big 12 south team.

SoonerEmpire
10/2/2007, 03:36 PM
As much as it pains me to say this, I wanted texass to win that game. With us losing, we REALLY needed to be able to go into the cotton bowl to beat a top 5 team (overrated or not, a top 5 ranking STILL looks impressive to the voters out there as well as helps SOS), rather than beating a #19 team. We suddenly need a LOT of help.

swardboy
10/2/2007, 03:40 PM
Ditto. Beating an undefeated Tejas is what we needed after our defeat.

Plus, it's more heart-breaking that way for the horns.

Widescreen
10/2/2007, 03:44 PM
On the plus side, we don't have a lot of idiot horns over here this week now. I think they know we're still going to destroy them.

SoonerRecon
10/2/2007, 03:55 PM
living and working in Austin, I'm personally grateful they lost, i was dreading coming to work for about an hour after the boulder debacle. i have not had one person make a single comment to me at work this week. on the other hand, we need help if we want to climb back up to the top 5, and an undefeated texas could have helped that. you also have to consider that we would have fallen much farther in the polls without so many upsets.

proudsoonergal
10/2/2007, 07:18 PM
living and working in Austin, I'm personally grateful they lost, i was dreading coming to work for about an hour after the boulder debacle. i have not had one person make a single comment to me at work this week. on the other hand, we need help if we want to climb back up to the top 5, and an undefeated texas could have helped that. you also have to consider that we would have fallen much farther in the polls without so many upsets.

I'm with you - right after the OU/CU game I seriously thought about taking Monday off. Then I watched the UT/KSU beatdown and felt better about going to work. The only comments I've gotten are "you guys are going to kill us." My response: "I hope so." :)

DrZaius
10/2/2007, 07:24 PM
It sure would have been nice to use them to pull ourselves back up in the rankings after falling to 10.