PDA

View Full Version : The coaching job at OU...

CtheB
10/2/2007, 09:23 AM
...must be second only to the President of the United States with regards to approval ratings.

Guys and gals, we had a horrendous performance from a young football team playing its first road game. I'm upset about it, but this is the year we get back into the national picture, where we have been absent for a couple of years. It appears we are preparing to go on another 5 year tear like we did in 2000-2004, with some key elements in place at a young age.

I have no doubt we will recover from last Saturday and put on our best face against Texas. Then, hopefully, all will be forgotten, and we can proceed through the remainder of the schedule, win the South, take the conference, and let the chips fall where they may nationally.

Let's not get too far down, unlike most years, we lost our first game in September, rather than November. There is a lot of football left to play, and let the teams above us have the same fate we did in 2001 and 2002, losing games in November. Let's take charge of where we are and go take October and November in a "great way". ALL IS NOT LOST!

BOOMER SOONER!

Malcolm Kelly's Cousin
10/2/2007, 09:27 AM
Thank you Captain Obvious ;)

Boomer...

sooneron
10/2/2007, 09:40 AM
The first sentence confuses me. The rest? Well, yeah, duh!

usmc-sooner
10/2/2007, 09:46 AM
Why do you guys keep posting this crap there are 2 people on this board who don't approve of Stoops and it's Nick and Red Giant and both are banned.

CtheB
10/2/2007, 09:50 AM
When I state the obvious, I'm seldom wrong.

mightysooner
10/2/2007, 01:40 PM
How are we a "young football team playing it's first road game"? We have a young QB. Other than that just about everybody else is a hardened veteran who've played on the road many times.

kevpks
10/2/2007, 01:48 PM
How are we a "young football team playing it's first road game"? We have a young QB. Other than that just about everybody else is a hardened veteran who've played on the road many times.

College football definition of young: Only 2 seniors starting on defense, 1 or 2 seniors starting on offense (depending on the formation).

That still seems pretty young to me. Plus we have a lot of RS freshman and sophmores who see significant playing time at key positions, most notably QB of course.

royalfan5
10/2/2007, 01:50 PM
I'm pretty sure Callahan and Cosgrove catch a lot more heat than Stoops does.

mightysooner
10/2/2007, 01:51 PM
College football definition of young: Only 2 seniors starting on defense, 1 or 2 seniors starting on offense (depending on the formation).

That still seems pretty young to me. Plus we have a lot of RS freshman and sophmores who see significant playing time at key positions, most notably QB of course.

Eh....most of these guys started as freshmen. They're not young simply because they're not seniors. Many of these guys are three year starters who played on the 8-4 team (that was a young team). These guys are battle tested.

sooneron
10/2/2007, 01:52 PM

By classification, we are young, but we have a lot of players that have been starting for two or more seasons now.
Meh, mighty beat me to it.

kevpks
10/2/2007, 02:01 PM
I guess it is all relative. This team is a lot younger than the 2000 or 2004 teams by any standard. And battle tested or not, these guys can and should use Saturday's game as a learning experience and motivation. That really wouldn't have been an option in '00 or '04.

sendbaht
10/2/2007, 02:08 PM
AMEN son.