PDA

View Full Version : Patriots Love-Fest on MNF

cheezyq
10/2/2007, 08:39 AM
I know this is off-topic and not about the Sooners, but the I was half sure that Tony Cornholio was going to propose to Belicheat or Tom Brady or Eric Estrada (Tedy B) at half time. It was almost like they were being paid to rebuild the Patriots reputation or something.

But anyway there was one point where TC said, "The Patriots don't let anything stand in the way of their goal of winning the Superbowl". He left it so wide-open I couldn't believe someone didn't retort with, "Yeah, including the rules".

mojohornfan
10/2/2007, 09:01 AM
Since we're off topic here, what does vCash: 500 mean?:confused:

:)

cheezyq
10/2/2007, 09:13 AM
I think it's for betting pretend money on games and such. I've never used it, obviously, but I think it's for the vBookie link at the top of the page.

birddog
10/2/2007, 09:17 AM
I think it's for betting pretend money on games and such. I've never used it, obviously, but I think it's for the vBookie link at the top of the page.

you can use it if you are a board sponsor. it's actually pretty fun.

sanantoniosooner
10/2/2007, 09:19 AM
What are the odds that most of the people who whine about a Patriot lovefest will be Dallas Cowbody fans?;)

cheezyq
10/2/2007, 09:27 AM
0:1 in this case. I don't really care for the Cowboys either. Just a general NFL fan, minus the Patriots. :)

sooneron
10/2/2007, 09:33 AM
MNF is unbearable. To make things worse, they go on to dedicate another 20-25 min to whatever crappy game they were covering during SC.
ESPiN succs big time!

Scott D
10/2/2007, 10:59 AM
I don't know, I think last night was worth it to see Carson Palmer act like a petulant child with how poorly their offense performed.

TUSooner
10/2/2007, 02:15 PM
Monday Night Football is GREATNESS... as soon as you hit the "mute" button. Try it. You really don't miss anything important.
Tirica, a good play-by-play guy, just tells you what you are looking at anyway; Cornheiser prattles on inanely, trying vainly to channel Howard Cosell, and Jaws... well, he would be OK, if they'd just get Corny off the air. But all in all, silence is better.
Last night I mostly watched the War, though.

JohnnyMack
10/2/2007, 02:18 PM
Tirico and Jaws would be fine without Cornheiser.

I thought aside from his junk-grabbing that Ditka did good when he was in the booth. I'd like to see him get a shot at doing MNF full time.

StormySooner-IN
10/2/2007, 03:07 PM
What are the odds that most of the people who whine about a Patriot lovefest will be Dallas Cowbody fans?;)Im a huge Colts fan [yea, infidel, I know] and don't want to hear **** about the Pats.:D

wishbonesooner
10/2/2007, 03:11 PM
Tom Brady irritates the hell out of me.

colleyvillesooner
10/2/2007, 03:23 PM
What are the odds that most of the people who whine about a Patriot lovefest will be Dallas Cowbody fans?;)

Well, it does get old hearing how the Patriots are the best Team in the league hands down, but the Cowboys have only played teams with a combined record of 3-13.

Nevermind that the Pats have played teams that are combined 4-12.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/powerranking?season=2007&week=5

How consistent has the Patriots' offense been this season? They've scored in every one of their 16 quarters. In fact, the Pats have put up points in their last 36 quarters dating back to last season.

We're not looking to rain on the Cowboys' 4-0 parade, but their four opponents have combined for three wins this season, and another lowly team awaits them Monday night in 1-3 Buffalo. We'll know how seriously to take this team on Oct. 14 vs. New England.

I'm glad the Cowboys play the Patriots soon. A real measuring stick. I'm not overlyconfident we'll win, but I want to see where this team really is.

hgarmorer
10/2/2007, 03:27 PM
Cornhole needs to stick to PTI and loving all things Washington DC based. MNF is not for him, esp his roaming monolouge to start the show.

StoopTroup
10/2/2007, 03:32 PM
You know you've got a really good team when the powers that be in the NFL decide that yes you cheated...but it didn't really matter.

:pop:

bluedogok
10/2/2007, 11:21 PM
I figured it would be a Patriots blowout so I had the Rockies-Padres game on the big screen and MNF on the smaller TV with the audio off.

kelloggOUballa
10/2/2007, 11:42 PM
The Patriots don't have to cheat, they just win. That whole thing was blown wayyyy out of proportion.

jwlynn64
10/3/2007, 12:34 AM
The Patriots don't have to cheat, they just win. That whole thing was blown wayyyy out of proportion.

Wade Wilson (a coach) gets a five game suspension for taking HGH and Bellicheck (spelling?) doesn't even get a one game suspension for doing something that could actually affect the outcome of a game.

Yeah, that's blowing it waaaay out of proportion! :eek:

Crucifax Autumn
10/3/2007, 01:07 AM
I don't watch pro football other than the occasional game to see how former Sooners are doing (and that's rarely as well). The whole prima donna, wanna be gangster, give me the money, I don't love the game-I love the paycheck, I'm smarter than the coach, trade me 'cause I don't wanna be a team player, I'm above the law crap combined with the lack of surprises, the clinical and almost perfect playing by everyone involved, boring nature of the pro game made me lose interest about 12 years ago.

But...I'm glad to see that the guys calling the pro games aren't any more unbiased or intelligent than the jackholes we all watch every Saturday. Good to know that those announcers are also egotistical know it alls who seem to think that they are the reason for watching, just like the college announcers.

JLB
10/3/2007, 07:11 AM
The only reason the Pats are winning is because of the war in Iraq.
Just like the only reason the Saints won so many games last year was because of Hurricane Katrina.
The only thing good about the N.F.L is the Cowboys.

cheezyq
10/3/2007, 08:29 AM
Wade Wilson (a coach) gets a five game suspension for taking HGH and Belicheat (spelling?) doesn't even get a one game suspension for doing something that could actually affect the outcome of a game.

Yeah, that's blowing it waaaay out of proportion! :eek:

I fixed the spelling of his name for you. :)

Poolstorm13
10/3/2007, 08:50 AM
Is everybody being absolutely serious about hating the patriots! They are by far the best team and the reason no one says it about the cowboys is because they haven't proved it in recent years. The patriots have recently been a powerhouse in the NFL and it looks like this season they've made the free agent moves to put even a farther distance between them and anybody else in the league. The cowboys are good but it would be the same way if the cowboys had the recent success that the patriots had.

JohnnyMack
10/3/2007, 09:37 AM
The Cowboys haven't played anybody worth a **** this year. Outside of maybe the G Men.

colleyvillesooner
10/3/2007, 09:38 AM
The Cowboys haven't played anybody worth a **** this year. Outside of maybe the G Men.

neither have the Patriots.

I guess their 1-3 teams are better than the 1-3 teams the Cowboys played ;)

JohnnyMack
10/3/2007, 09:42 AM
neither have the Patriots.

I guess their 1-3 teams are better than the 1-3 teams the Cowboys played ;)

Come on, the Rams without Steven Jackson? Miami?

I'd say the Pats wins over SD and at Cincy are more impressive than the Cowboys wins over the NYG and at Chicago.

sooneron
10/3/2007, 09:44 AM
I could care less how great so and so is, I'm into watching the nfl for the cash. I'm in a survivor pool that has, yes, 6K people in it! At a hundy a head, that's a nice little 600K payout in December.

colleyvillesooner
10/3/2007, 09:44 AM
Just saying, it's way too early in the season to be anointing the best team. I think The Chargers from last year would have something to say about that.

I can't wait to play the Patriots here in Dallas. Biggest regular season game in a while in the NFL if they are both still undefeated.

The Boys may very well get lit up, but at least they'll truly know where they stand and what they need to work on moving forward.

JohnnyMack
10/3/2007, 09:47 AM
Just saying, it's way too early in the season to be anointing the best team. I think The Chargers from last year would have something to say about that.

I can't wait to play the Patriots here in Dallas. Biggest regular season game in a while in the NFL if they are both still undefeated.

The Boys may very well get lit up, but at least they'll truly know where they stand and what they need to work on moving forward.

I didn't say they were the best team. Right now I think the Pats are playing as well as anyone. I think the Cowboys are right behind them, but that the 'Boys level of competition is setting them up for a 2006-San-Diego-like-playoff-smack-in-tha-mouth.

sooneron
10/3/2007, 09:49 AM
Come on, the Rams without Steven Jackson? Miami?

I'd say the Pats wins over SD and at Cincy are more impressive than the Cowboys wins over the NYG and at Chicago.
SD? They still haven't won a game. Cincy? That team can't win consistently unless their roster is on the blotter. Both teams have wins over mostly mediocre squads.
And I think Belichick should have been suspended for a game or two. If Goodell is so worried about the league and it's image/influence on young kids, then cheating should have been dealt with more harshly.

colleyvillesooner
10/3/2007, 09:50 AM
Maybe, but if they keep winning, in a week NFC and can get homefield throughout, they'll be in good shape. The also play the Packers this year, in Dallas, another good gauge of where this team is, provided the Pack doesn't collapse.

BoomerGirl34
10/3/2007, 09:52 AM
MNF is considerably more worshipful of Peyton Manning. I think they genuflect when he steps on the field.

sooneron
10/3/2007, 09:52 AM
I'm beginning to wish that I hadn't taken Dallas in week one.

JohnnyMack
10/3/2007, 09:55 AM
Both teams have wins over mostly mediocre squads.

Agreed and even though I like Tony Romo (solely because he's knocking the bottom out of Carrie Underwood, not for anything he's ever done on the field), I'd still take Tom Brady over him any day of the week.

colleyvillesooner
10/3/2007, 09:57 AM
No Way!!! You take the three time Super Bowl winning QB over a QB with not a full season under his belt??

JohnnyMack
10/3/2007, 10:00 AM
No Way!!! You take the three time Super Bowl winning QB over a QB with not a full season under his belt??

I'm a savant like that.

However the Carrie-factor almost pushed me over the edge.

85sooners
10/3/2007, 10:09 AM
sunday night football is alot better

Scott D
10/3/2007, 10:10 AM
SD? They still haven't won a game. Cincy? That team can't win consistently unless their roster is on the blotter. Both teams have wins over mostly mediocre squads.
And I think Belichick should have been suspended for a game or two. If Goodell is so worried about the league and it's image/influence on young kids, then cheating should have been dealt with more harshly.

To be fair, the San Diego Norv Turners are 1-3, which is about where anyone who has been a fan of a formerly Norv Turner coached team would tell you they are on schedule for a Norv Turner coached team.