PDA

View Full Version : How were you treated at Colorado?

Sooner24
10/1/2007, 09:40 PM
As far as my son and I, our experience was great. We met some really helpful folks that showed us where to catch the bus to the stadium and even stayed with us until we went to our seats. The people that we dealt with at the stadium, hotel and everywhere else we went last weekend were super friendly.

Primo
10/1/2007, 10:26 PM
I had only good dealings with all CU fans I encountered.

Yes, this included before the game started.

OUMallen
10/1/2007, 10:28 PM
We were treated quite well, really. The only negative was that they really didn't seem all that football savvy around there. They were all very nice, and i was impressed since I was expecting something like LSU or NU fans.

Haha, how crazy is that? NU fans in KC last year were worse than CU fans in Boulder this year? How times change...

colleyvillesooner
10/1/2007, 10:36 PM
Friday night our dealings were fine. Most just said, "Ya'll our gonna kick our ***."

Saturday, only ran into a few knuckle heads, but that might have been due to the fact that we were in the car before the fans were off the field.

Sooner24, I saw you and your son at the game, I think. I waved from the aisle headed down right before the game started, but kept going. I assume you were like, who was that guy? Or maybe yo never saw me. :D

Jimminy Crimson
10/2/2007, 02:34 AM
Nothing unexpected. Very cordial for the most part, cept for a couple of drunk students.

I was shocked at the awkwardness of the fans after the game. Both on Pearl St and in and around the Broomfield area, we'd walk by some (mostly younger) fans and when we passed them they'd say something like "Man, that must suck to be you/from Oklahoma/etc". I'm more used to the "Hey, good game", "Hope you had a good time", and that sort of thing.

I also agree with Mallen.

snp
10/2/2007, 02:37 AM
I didn't go but my roommate said she had a fine time. We both went to the CCG last year and she said NU fans were way worse.

yermom
10/2/2007, 03:07 AM
they were fine until after the game

doleo apparently almost came to blows at the concession stand during half-time though

Seamus
10/2/2007, 04:34 AM

doleo apparently almost came to blows at the concession stand during half-time though
:pop:

AlbqSooner
10/2/2007, 06:21 AM
was he the blower or the blowee? :D

nmsoonergirl
10/2/2007, 07:36 AM
Everyone we met was great. The CU fans in our section were even a little football savvy, and while we made it a point to leave BEFORE the goal posts came down because I didn't want to be around if there was a riot, I have to say all in all I was impressed.

And my waiter at the Broadmoor in Colorado Springs that night was buffs fan and gave me free wine to help deaden the pain, so that helped.

MamaMia
10/2/2007, 10:16 AM
My daughter and her friends made the trip from Norman. They hung out with some CU students, and had a wonderful time.

schlanker
10/2/2007, 10:21 AM
I had an excellent time. Did some tailgating with some CU fans and ended up with 2 tixs on the 40. We were surrounded by CU fans and they were all very nice and surprisingly well schooled in Football.

Thousands Strong
10/2/2007, 10:38 AM
We were treated extremely well before, during and after the game.

Very impressed by the spirit of the CU student section.

Nice campus, fantastic weather, great fans,...

unfortunate result :cool:

HappyClappyMackBrown
10/2/2007, 10:43 AM
Colorado fans are pure trash, growing up in nebraska we went to the UNL/CU game one year in boulder, have never seen more trashholes in my entire life. Nothing but classless rich spoiled kids who were too dumb to get into Stanford. My friends who went up this weekend for the OU/CU game pretty much said the same thing as they were spit on and sworn at all day, even after the game was over.

MamaMia
10/2/2007, 10:58 AM
Colorado fans are pure trash, growing up in nebraska we went to the UNL/CU game one year in boulder, have never seen more trashholes in my entire life. Nothing but classless rich spoiled kids who were too dumb to get into Stanford. My friends who went up this weekend for the OU/CU game pretty much said the same thing as they were spit on and sworn at all day, even after the game was over.
Not too long ago they did have a horrible reputation. They did some pretty awful things, like throw snowballs with rocks in them at the opposing fans, and then there was the marshmallows with pebbles that were pitched at the Pride when there was no snow. Articles were written about how nasty their fans were. The past 3 years however, they've been making a consorted effort to clean up their act. I cant remember specifically, but some really stiff rules were put into place as well. I heard they even had some posters and flyers made up encouraging the students to welcome the visiting team and their fans in a nice way and that their local news team was in on the effort.

Larry&Leisa
10/2/2007, 10:59 AM
We were treated great before and after the game. Only one dumb comment from a drunk student. We stayed just off Pearl street and walked to and from the stadium and it was all cordial. Amazing how loud the students were there. Never going with the couple we went with tho again. Only 2 trips we have made toghter are this one and to the Fiesta Bowl. sighhhh

I did think it was pretty funny that they wouldn't give you a straw or your bottle cap. I mean really.. how far can you throw a straw??

L Buff
10/2/2007, 11:19 AM

Nothing but positive things posted about their Boulder game-day experience by people WHO ACTUALLY ATTENDED THE GAME ... and then some schnoid with Fusker ties chimes in with HEARSAY from some "friends" (I doubt he has any) and his supposed experience "one year in boulder" that he probably swiped off of the internet from other Fuskers repeating the same old tired urban legends about CU students and fans.

Yes ... we have our share of jerks ... often feuled by alchohol and other substances (at a university? Go figure :rolleyes: ). But so do all schools. Mike Bohn (AD) has really worked to clean up CU's gameday act ... and it seems to be taking. I certainly didn't witness any harassment or undue trash talking by CU fans to OU fans, before or after the game. And I was actually there. :cool:

sooner518
10/2/2007, 11:25 AM
we didnt really run into many CU fans at all. they seemed to arrive very late to the game and we were in the stadium over an hour early. We sat in the OU section and had zero CU fans around us. We left as soon as the kick went thru the uprights. On the walk back to the car, two girls were walking towards us yelling "OU sucks! Go Buffs! wooooo" at us.

Other than that and the game itself, the gameday experience was pretty good.

Boomer.....
10/2/2007, 11:32 AM
I didn't get to go to this game but do remember the CU fans being great to us during the 2002 CCG.

Sooner24
10/2/2007, 11:36 AM
Friday night our dealings were fine. Most just said, "Ya'll our gonna kick our ***."

Saturday, only ran into a few knuckle heads, but that might have been due to the fact that we were in the car before the fans were off the field.

Sooner24, I saw you and your son at the game, I think. I waved from the aisle headed down right before the game started, but kept going. I assume you were like, who was that guy? Or maybe yo never saw me. :D

I didn't see you wave but I commented to my son "theres colleyvillesooner" as you walked down the aisle.

Sooner24
10/2/2007, 11:37 AM

That usually happens in Norman too.

colleyvillesooner
10/2/2007, 11:41 AM
I didn't see you wave but I commented to my son "theres colleyvillesooner" as you walked down the aisle.

Thanks for saying Hi! :mad:

;)

bosworthsteroidmafia
10/2/2007, 01:29 PM
I sat in sec. 103, row 8, directly in front of the only 4 jackass buff fans who couldn't get seats in their own section. To be fair, 3 of them were polite and pleasant, while the last one was obnoxious as hell. He had a serious 2-handed whistle which he continuously blasted both myself and my girlfriend with. Now, I'm all for yelling your heart out and cheering as loud as you can, but this just hurt our ears. Regardless, we never said a word, thinking that we would get the last laugh. This guy would also stand up backwards and waive a small buffs flag (taunting the entire section) whenever they did something good. I was kind of surprised that he was so tolerated, but then again, we were the guests there.

Leaving the stadium wasn't bad except for a few college kids. We heard several comments about seeing us in the Big XII Championship. For the most part, it was to be expected considering that upsets are about all buff fans have to cheer for. They don't have near the tradition or heritage of a team like OU, so being a spoiler is at least... something.

Ardmore_Sooner
10/2/2007, 01:35 PM

Nope we knew who you were

colleyvillesooner
10/2/2007, 01:44 PM
I sat in sec. 103, row 8, directly in front of the only 4 jackass buff fans who couldn't get seats in their own section. To be fair, 3 of them were polite and pleasant, while the last one was obnoxious as hell. He had a serious 2-handed whistle which he continuously blasted both myself and my girlfriend with. Now, I'm all for yelling your heart out and cheering as loud as you can, but this just hurt our ears. Regardless, we never said a word, thinking that we would get the last laugh. This guy would also stand up backwards and waive a small buffs flag (taunting the entire section) whenever they did something good. I was kind of surprised that he was so tolerated, but then again, we were the guests there.

Leaving the stadium wasn't bad except for a few college kids. We heard several comments about seeing us in the Big XII Championship. For the most part, it was to be expected considering that upsets are about all buff fans have to cheer for. They don't have near the tradition or heritage of a team like OU, so being a spoiler is at least... something.

I must have been too into the game, cause I was in Sec 103, Row 5 and never heard a loud whistle. Maybe you were down the section a little ways.

Phil
10/2/2007, 02:23 PM
I didn't get to go to this game but do remember the CU fans being great to us during the 2002 CCG.

There were CU fans at that game?

CU Sooner
10/2/2007, 02:25 PM
most of the fans around us were asking if we were going to take out our 3rd string offense. Overall I was impressed with the change in atmosphere. It used to be a nasty place. As said earlier, most people after the game were saying they hoped to see us in the CCG, provided they made it. Several of their fans were still not sold on their O.

StormySooner-IN
10/2/2007, 03:22 PM
First, I was laughed at, pushed down, and told that we were losers and Purdue was 5-0.

THEN, I was laughed at again, mocked at, and told we had the same record as IU!!

Wait, that was my DAD AND UNCLE! :mad:

;):)

Condescending Sooner
10/2/2007, 05:11 PM
It would have bee a LOT different if we would have won. Our last game there, we all sorts of things thrown at us and comments that would make a sailor blush.

bluedogok
10/2/2007, 11:16 PM
Not too long ago they did have a horrible reputation.
Well, they did quit selling Coors in the stadium quite a few years ago.