PDA

View Full Version : Well, Someone Has To Say It

okcusooner
10/1/2007, 08:58 PM
Joe Jon Finley should never be on the field in ANY crucial offensive series.

He is a mediocre blocker at best.

More importantly he has consistantly shown that he cannot be counted on to make any difficult catch, and often drops passes with a low degree of difficulty.

I'm surprised that the coaches have continued to play him given his repeated underperformance. Eldridge and Gresham should be the only Tight Ends we use for the rest of the year.

Joe Jon may be a wonderful human being, all around great guy, etc. However, he should NOT being playing TE for a team with the tradition and expectation of Oklahoma

Soonerus
10/1/2007, 09:01 PM
I like him a lot when he catches the ball...

TexasEx4OU
10/1/2007, 09:05 PM
You know what I hated the most? When he had that beautiful, over-the-shoulder catch to spark a three-play, 80-yard TD drive in the 3rd quarter. Why they didn't yank him then, I'll never know.

kevpks
10/1/2007, 09:08 PM
I also remember a long touchdown catch against Texas last year that was called back for BS offensive interference.

sooneron
10/1/2007, 09:09 PM
You know what I hated the most? When he had that beautiful, over-the-shoulder catch to spark a three-play, 80-yard TD drive in the 3rd quarter. Why they didn't yank him then, I'll never know.
YEAH, no ****! That was pathetic!:mad:

okcusooner
10/1/2007, 09:10 PM

Ah yes....The brutally difficult over the shoulder catch...Football's equivalent of the behind the back dribble, leaping from the free throw line, then throwing down the dunk.

sooneron
10/1/2007, 09:12 PM
And Besides, Eldridge has the hands of Terrell Owens! He never drops the ball and Gresham never fumbles or makes mistakes!!!

OUmillenium
10/1/2007, 09:13 PM
Stop ragging the players.

MK never got a touch.

Kevin Wilson never got past page 1 in the playbook.

Venables shets his pants and calls zone defense every other play, especially on 3rd and long.

Players dropped balls and missed assignments but the coaches did not put the players in the proper situations to be successful...bottom line.

okcusooner
10/1/2007, 09:13 PM
I also remember a long touchdown catch against Texas last year that was called back for BS offensive interference.

Not to mention the drop over the middle in the Holiday Bowl against Oregon...The drop of the beautifully set up screen against Boise State...Last week's drop on the final drive...

ClintonSooner
10/1/2007, 09:14 PM
I'm glad I missed the play! Something would be broke in my house right now...

GottaHavePride
10/1/2007, 09:15 PM
It smells like updog in here.

C&CDean
10/1/2007, 09:15 PM
Oh fer ****'s sake.