PDA

View Full Version : Hurting QBs

sanantoniosooner
10/1/2007, 07:40 PM
Do you think KSU has a specific game plan to injure QBs?

I only ask because Between OU and UT........KSU has injured most of the QBs we've both had in recent years.

Heupel, Hybl, White, Applewhite, McCoy (twice)

I know we all go out there to put some licks on the QB, it's just odd to me that out of all the games on the schedule.......it's always KSU that injures the QBs

And yes, I know White injured himself twice.

OUHOMER
10/1/2007, 08:35 PM
I think it all starts in high school, maybe even younger. i know my HS coach always told us "Ring His Bell a couple times and we win". Now does KSU tell/teach their players go for the QB with intentions to cause harm... i would hope not, but who knows.

OUAndy1807
10/1/2007, 08:38 PM
I think they do.

aurorasooner
10/1/2007, 08:47 PM
I think they do.
They were definitely trying to hurt Nate. In that game, Nate was one tough SOB to not be carried off the field in that one. Best example of sucking-it-up-tough I've ever seen from a QB getting constantly hammered. Damn those were some nasty blitzes.

KC//CRIMSON
10/1/2007, 08:51 PM
Do you think KSU has a specific game plan to injure QBs?

I only ask because Between OU and UT........KSU has injured most of the QBs we've both had in recent years.

Heupel, Hybl, White, Applewhite, McCoy (twice)

I know we all go out there to put some licks on the QB, it's just odd to me that out of all the games on the schedule.......it's always KSU that injures the QBs

And yes, I know White injured himself twice.

Yes. And see post#18;)

http://www.soonerfans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100280

KStatePike
10/1/2007, 08:56 PM
I think it has everything to do with the way we play aggressive defense. For us, it all starts with a pass rush. We're gonna keep sending guys, you better find a way to block them. We just try and play physical ball, and consequently, always seem to be getting a little thinner on d towards the end of the season than most other teams.

Soonerus
10/1/2007, 08:59 PM
I think they may...

OUDoc
10/1/2007, 09:02 PM
Seems like it.

jeremy885
10/1/2007, 09:06 PM
White was banged up before the B12 championship game.
Hybl was more of can you get the ball off before our 8 men rushing get to you defense in 01.
Heupel was the same as White, but not to the same degree.
McCoy is just a puss ;).

So no, I don't think they intentional go in trying to hurt the QB (unless he is already banged up and one hit will do it, just like any other team).

sooneron
10/1/2007, 09:44 PM
I have seen the ksu defense do some pretty dirty shiite the last few years. Especially whereas the qb is concerned.

utex74
10/1/2007, 10:57 PM
McCoy is just a puss ;).

I have seen Colt get up from a bunch of really vicious hits this year due to his lack of protection. He may get hurt, as I think many would, but he is no "puss". You guys may knock him out of the game but you'll have to get solid hits to do it. (which you might get) :mad:

OUAndy1807
10/1/2007, 11:02 PM
I have seen Colt get up from a bunch of really vicious hits this year due to his lack of protection. He may get hurt, as I think many would, but he is no "puss". You guys may knock him out of the game but you'll have to get solid hits to do it. (which you might get) :mad:
easy, killer.

arlington
10/1/2007, 11:09 PM
well whatever it is they are doing, i want in on it. I saw them against Auburn and UT and they were very aggressive and physical on D. I guess since there D isnt littered with 5 star athletes they dont get as comfy sitting in there base D with corners 8 yards off the ball as other teams seem to.

jeremy885
10/1/2007, 11:35 PM

see the ;).

snp
10/1/2007, 11:41 PM
Snyder was about as dirty of a coach as you would ever see nowadays so I wouldn't put it past him to tell his players to bring the wood.

As for Texas this year, with a china doll for a QB and no viable backups, why not bring the extra pressure? I would never advocate dirty hits, but I wouldn't turn my nose up at more blitzes than usual for this weekend.

Pigface1
10/2/2007, 12:08 AM
They've got an "I don't give a ****" attitude in regards to pressure. In college if you get to the QB, you're going to be alright *usually*. I don't see many P. Mannings back there checking off and carving up defenses. So they live and die by pressure on the QB. It's just the rest of the game that gets them in trouble.

ruf/nekdad
10/2/2007, 05:37 AM
I think it has everything to do with the way we play aggressive defense. For us, it all starts with a pass rush. We're gonna keep sending guys, you better find a way to block them. We just try and play physical ball, and consequently, always seem to be getting a little thinner on d towards the end of the season than most other teams.

I agree with him. How would you feel in 1973 with Lucious, Lee Roy, and Dewey looking like a freight train barreling down the tracks you are tied to? I doubt they considered letting up sometimes because they were afraid they might hurt the QB. It strikes real, honest to God, fear into everybody on the other side, and protecting your QB is part of the game you better be able to do.

sanantoniosooner
10/2/2007, 07:06 AM
Oh I get it.

The are the only team that has "pressured" OU and UT QBs in the last 7 years.

and to the "Colt is a puss" thing.........he put on a few pounds. It should be near impossible to hurt him now.;)