PDA

View Full Version : Colty says he wants a piece of this.

SeattleOUstudent
10/1/2007, 07:30 PM
:pop:
AUSTIN, Texas -- Texas quarterback Colt McCoy, who was taken out of last weekend's loss to Kansas State after showing symptoms of a mild concussion, said Monday he's feeling better and will be ready to play against No. 10 Oklahoma.

Colt McCoy

Brian Bahr/Getty Images

Colt McCoy hopes to have a better performance against Oklahoma than he did against Kansas State.

"I feel fine," McCoy said, adding he's been run through a battery of tests by team doctors.

McCoy threw four interceptions in his worst game for No. 19 Texas (4-1, 0-1 Big 12) in the 41-21 loss to Kansas State. He was hit hard and slammed to the turf by the Wildcats' Clayton Cox late in the second quarter and went to the locker room early.

He returned at the start of the third quarter and led Texas to a touchdown. But by late in the fourth, McCoy was vomiting on the sideline and trainer Kenny Boyd said he was immediately removed from the game.

"I showed a lot of the symptoms and a lot of the signs," of a concussion, he said. "I'm really not that concerned. They ran the tests on me and they all came out like they should. It matched up with what they showed at the start of the season."

As per usual team policy, coach Mack Brown declined to discuss McCoy's injury. Brown said after the game Saturday that he had did not see McCoy at halftime but was assured by team doctors that he could play.

Brown said Monday the team has a strict policy that players must be cleared by trainers to play.

McCoy has been knocked out of the game in Texas' last three Big 12 matchups dating to last season -- all losses. Kansas State sent him to the sideline with a severely pinched nerve in his neck and aggravated it two weeks later against Texas A&M.

"He's tough. Most kids would have come out at halftime," Brown said.

jps
10/1/2007, 08:02 PM
I don't know about tough. I overheard Jenni saying that Mack was feeding him chicken at halftime.

Feeding him.

Chicken.

CatfishSooner
10/1/2007, 08:05 PM
F'n...

CHicken?

F!

BudSooner
10/1/2007, 08:11 PM
If thats teh case then perhaps these should be placed on the sidelines should he produce chunkage on the field ala "The Replacements"

http://69.13.97.211/t-shirt-designs/prodimages/2005011116312470.jpg

StoopTroup
10/1/2007, 08:11 PM
Jenni would be a great fit for Austin.

r5TPsooner
10/1/2007, 08:32 PM
Jenni would be a great fit for Austin.

Cuz she's a lesbo?

sooneron
10/1/2007, 08:58 PM
I don't know about tough. I overheard Jenni saying that Mack was feeding him chicken at halftime.

Feeding him.

Chicken.
He's just a kid!!!!!! [hairGel]

SeattleOUstudent
10/1/2007, 09:26 PM
If thats teh case then perhaps these should be placed on the sidelines should he produce chunkage on the field ala "The Replacements"

http://69.13.97.211/t-shirt-designs/prodimages/2005011116312470.jpg

Would be a good shirt.

"Burnt orange makes me puke!"

utex74
10/1/2007, 11:03 PM
Colt wouldn't miss this game for the world. We just hope he really is healthy and not half done like in last year's aggie game.

Doged
10/1/2007, 11:33 PM
I'm sure Colt's all pumped and razzed up for it. It's the rest of the team that's too stoned to even know they have a game coming up, much less care who they're playing. :texan:

mojohornfan
10/2/2007, 09:22 AM
It's scary to think what would happen Saturday IF he couldn't play, and Chiles was the lone starter.

(and no, this was not a cue to let me know what would happen...I already know):D

Malcolm Kelly's Cousin
10/2/2007, 09:24 AM
:mack: I'm a man!! I'm 56 years old!! GET YOUR FACTS STRAIGHT!!

couldn't help it..sorry.

soonerinabilene
10/2/2007, 09:28 AM
Brown said after the game Saturday that he had did not see McCoy at halftime but was assured by team doctors that he could play.

Am I the only one that finds this weird. Your STARTING qb gets knocked out in the 2nd quarter, and you dont check on him personally at halftime?

TheUnnamedSooner
10/2/2007, 09:34 AM
heh, texass is on a 3 game losing streak in the big 12, about to be 4.

JohnnyMack
10/2/2007, 09:38 AM
I still say we take an early 15 yarder and plant him like a row of corn.

usmc-sooner
10/2/2007, 09:49 AM
I hope Colt is O.K. He seems like a good kid.

OUrules
10/2/2007, 09:57 AM
Hopefully Sam's 1st game at the RR War will be a success and he will keep his composure.....how could you not be nervous as hell running down that ramp? Hell I would be blowing chunks and it wouldn't be from a love tap...

TheHumanAlphabet
10/2/2007, 10:04 AM
He returned at the start of the third quarter and led Texas to a touchdown. But by late in the fourth, McCoy was vomiting on the sideline and trainer Kenny Boyd said he was immediately removed from the game.

"I showed a lot of the symptoms and a lot of the signs," of a concussion, he said. "I'm really not that concerned. They ran the tests on me and they all came out like they should. It matched up with what they showed at the start of the season."

This quote concerns me. Either he has no clue about concussions and their severity, or Mack is playing to kill him and he is buying their B.S. They kid should have never entered the game again and Mack should not have played him so quickly after getting knocked senseless last year. I wonder if Colt will last the season. This guy has as many concussions as a hockey player...

Tongue is in my cheek, but sorta not...As much as I hate Uterus, I don't want to see someone permanently disabled, I am concerned that the uterus program may be overlooking that based on Colt's comments and Ole Yellowteeth's actions...

AzianSooner
10/2/2007, 10:05 AM
Well, we definitely get some pieces of him this weekend too.

Flagstaffsooner
10/2/2007, 11:26 AM
Wow, Mack doesnt pull QB's for hang-nails anymore?

XingTheRubicon
10/2/2007, 11:44 AM
http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/8731/cartmccoyna0.jpg (http://imageshack.us)

from texags