PDA

View Full Version : South Florida might be headed

sooner-n-ga
10/1/2007, 05:18 PM
to the National Championship game partially thanks to our poor performance this week. The only tough games they have left is Louisville and Rutgers and both of them do not look very strong this season.

Florida can beat LSU and they might have to play twice.
Kentucky's next 3 opponents are ranked, at-least one will beat the wildcats.
Ohio State will find a way to lose a game they shouldn't.
Oregon will get beat 2 more times.
California can't beat USC.
Boston College drops 2 of their last 5.
Wisconsin is playing very average teams to close, someone will get them.

USC vs The Bulls of South Florida for the big trophy.

kevpks
10/1/2007, 05:36 PM
We'll see how South FL responds to the spotlight. Cincinnati and @Pitt are not exactly sure victories either.

tommieharris91
10/1/2007, 05:42 PM
If you had wrote Cal in the title I'd believe you.

Harry Beanbag
10/1/2007, 06:29 PM
South Florida vs. Kentucky for all the marbles.

:les: BOOK IT!!!

sanantoniosooner
10/1/2007, 06:32 PM
yeah.........I remember when Fresno State got the spotlight.

85sooners
10/1/2007, 06:36 PM
s florida lol!!!!

Dan Thompson
10/1/2007, 06:52 PM
Cal will be USC and maybe Oregon will beat USC also.

r5TPsooner
10/1/2007, 06:58 PM
Kentucky won't stay in the top ten long.

sanantoniosooner
10/1/2007, 07:05 PM
It's an NCAA rule that any football team named the "Wildcats" must suck.

JohnnyMack
10/1/2007, 07:09 PM
Jim Leavitt may be the best coach in college football.

sanantoniosooner
10/1/2007, 07:13 PM
Jim Leavitt may be the best coach in college football.
I agree.

And it goes beyond just coaching. He started that baby from scratch, including wearing hats other than HC to get the program on track.

AlbqSooner
10/1/2007, 08:12 PM
I agree.

And it goes beyond just coaching. He started that baby from scratch, including wearing hats other than HC to get the program on track.
He did indeed. And when Bama offered him that job he told them he had not finished what he started at USF so he would stick around. Incidentally, he was a contemporary of Stoops, et. al. at Kstate.

StoopTroup
10/1/2007, 08:17 PM
Has Fran resigned yet?

adoniijahsooner
10/1/2007, 08:17 PM
he reminds me of demented mike stoops.

GottaHavePride
10/1/2007, 08:26 PM
I would LOVE to see ESPN try to hype a USF / Cal national championship game. Srsly.

freshchris05
10/1/2007, 09:50 PM
I would LOVE to see ESPN try to hype a USF / Cal national championship game. Srsly.

USF V. CAL

http://www.stockmarketinvestinginfo.com/images/bullbear1.gif

The Bulls vs.The Bears

IT'S ANYONE'S MARKET

bluedogok
10/1/2007, 09:53 PM
They could just get out last years tired old David vs. Goliath crap again.

GottaHavePride
10/1/2007, 09:57 PM
It'd be more Wee David vs. Not-So-Wee-as-Wee-David David.

emoinwinter
10/1/2007, 10:22 PM
I live down here in Florida and they talk about UCF and USF all the time. From what they say on talk radio the way USF has built up their program is taking the kids that other people have taken a risk on and failed, or the kids that nobody else will take a risk on. I wish that would loose. One of the most overrated teams ever.

Harry Beanbag
10/1/2007, 11:19 PM
I agree.

Did they have velcro straps?

Sooner in Tampa
10/2/2007, 05:35 AM
The USF bandwagon is PACKED full after Friday nights win against WVU. They will NOT go undefeated...hell they lost to UCONN last year and they still have to play Rutgers and Cinnicinnati.

OUrules
10/2/2007, 06:58 AM
Did you guys forget about UCF? The team that had Texass on the ropes? They also have Kevin Smith the leading rusher in the nation avg 178 yds a game. No way USF they gets thru undefeated. That team is full thugs and criminals....how do you think Levitt has gotten so much success in only 11 years? Lower standards and recruiting all the shady thugs.....it will catch up them sooner or later...

Sooner in Tampa
10/2/2007, 08:12 AM
Did you guys forget about UCF? The team that had Texass on the ropes? They also have Kevin Smith the leading rusher in the nation avg 178 yds a game. No way USF they gets thru undefeated. That team is full thugs and criminals....how do you think Levitt has gotten so much success in only 11 years? Lower standards and recruiting all the shady thugs.....it will catch up them sooner or later...I really don't think that "thugs and criminals" is a fair statement to use concerning the USF team.

They are in far less trouble than the Uteras kids.

Oldnslo
10/2/2007, 09:10 AM
If it should come down to USF v. SUC, then join me in a hearty

"GOOOOOOOOO BULLLLS!"

TMcGee86
10/2/2007, 09:46 AM
Actually, while this thread is probably mostly for fun, it may not be far off.

Not only because of our performance last week, but also our bowl game last year.

Dont think you wont hear all about how a supposedly lesser team in Boise State stood up to the big boys of college football last year. That will be USF's rallying cry if they manage to make it deep into this season undefeated.

makes me want to puke...

SteelCitySooner
10/2/2007, 11:10 AM
We'll see how South FL responds to the spotlight. Cincinnati and @Pitt are not exactly sure victories either.

I think USF will roll Pitt. Cincinnati could be a battle though and would be interesting to watch.

Paperclip
10/2/2007, 11:21 AM
I still have a hard time considering Tampa as "South" Florida.

kevpks
10/2/2007, 11:22 AM
I think USF will roll Pitt. Cincinnati could be a battle though and would be interesting to watch.

God knows I am no fan of Wanstedt, but I think USF might struggle in that game against Pitt because it is late in the season on the road. If the Bulls go in there undefeated, that is a lot of pressure for a program that has never been there before.

deweydw
10/2/2007, 12:35 PM
God knows I am no fan of Wanstedt, but I think USF might struggle in that game against Pitt because it is late in the season on the road. If the Bulls go in there undefeated, that is a lot of pressure for a program that has never been there before.

Wanstedt's a loser. he was a loser in Chicago, a loser in Miami. And now he's a loser at Pitt. What I mean by loser is he couldn't get the teams over the hump, so to speak. Granted Pitt has seemed to improve. But I don't think Wanstedt can make it any further than they have come. I must confess that I had hoped he would make a winning team out of Pitt and mabye take them to the MNC. But I don't think so. IMO, USF will beat Pitt.

Sooner in Tampa
10/2/2007, 01:07 PM
I still have a hard time considering Tampa as "South" Florida.We are south...south of Gainsville :D

Paperclip
10/2/2007, 01:12 PM
We are south...south of Gainsville :D

Seriously. South is a stretch for Tampa.

http://www.destination360.com/maps/florida-map.gif

Sooner in Tampa
10/2/2007, 01:16 PM
Seriously. South is a stretch for Tampa.I know ..trust me...I don't want to live anywhere near South Florida. :P

OUrules
10/2/2007, 01:31 PM
They should just call them "University Southern Felons"

royalfan5
10/2/2007, 01:41 PM

according to their Wikipedia Page, it was the Southern most state University when they were founded, hence the name.

Paperclip
10/2/2007, 01:43 PM
according to their Wikipedia Page, it was the Southern most state University when they were founded, hence the name.

Who founded it, Ponce de Leon?

OUrules
10/2/2007, 01:44 PM
Did the Wikipedia site mention their graduation rate for atheletes? My guess is NOT....

royalfan5
10/2/2007, 01:49 PM
Did the Wikipedia site mention their graduation rate for atheletes? My guess is NOT....
According to the NCAA it's higher than OU's.

kevpks
10/2/2007, 01:55 PM
Wanstedt's a loser. he was a loser in Chicago, a loser in Miami. And now he's a loser at Pitt. What I mean by loser is he couldn't get the teams over the hump, so to speak. Granted Pitt has seemed to improve. But I don't think Wanstedt can make it any further than they have come. I must confess that I had hoped he would make a winning team out of Pitt and mabye take them to the MNC. But I don't think so. IMO, USF will beat Pitt.

I have accidently hitched myself to the Wanstedt bandwagon (if there is such a thing). I think Wanstache is a mediocre coach at best. I just don't see a road game against a mediocre team as a lock for any Big Least team, even for an "elite" program like South FL.

Harry Beanbag
10/2/2007, 05:35 PM

Well, it is south of Orlando where UCF is located.

arcman46
10/2/2007, 06:44 PM

How about the University of West Florida:D

Harry Beanbag
10/2/2007, 07:02 PM
How about the University of West Florida:D

That's in Pensacola. Duh. :)

goingoneight
10/2/2007, 07:53 PM
... only to get their lunch money stolen and their backpacks pizzed on by USC or LSU.

Crucifax Autumn
10/3/2007, 02:03 AM
South Florida could win the rest of their games and I'd still think "South Florida? Isn't that Cuba?