PDA

View Full Version : Anyone watch the OU playback show last nite?

stoopified
10/1/2007, 04:06 PM
I did and found both Bob's comments and tone to be interesting.Blevins asked about the two reviews involving Iglesias.Bob's answer was they reviewed and made their ruling( tone said AND THEY WERE WRONG).Blevins asked about Reggie's muffed punt and the fact OU was flagged earlier for TOUCHING a punt reciever.Dean then said there is supposed to be a twoyard belt round a punt reciever otherwise interference should be called.To put this comment in context you have to understand that the playback just showed Reggie trying to field a punt with a defender INCHES from him.Bob said I CAN'T COMMENT ON THAT( what his tone said was WHERE WAS THE DAMN FLAG).All the above was paraphrased from memory and of course includes my interpetation of Bob's tone.

As I mentioned on another thread Bob also defended his D saying that they were tired as OU had 5 or 6 staright series in the second half where there were either turnovers or 3 and outs by the OU offense.

Just curious who else watched and what impressions you got?

85Sooner
10/1/2007, 04:08 PM
I hate the NCAA and their rules protecting lame *** refs.

DrZaius
10/1/2007, 04:09 PM
I can not watch again........and I hope to never see OU play like that EVER AGAIN

SoonerGM
10/1/2007, 04:27 PM
uh oh, we are not suppose to call out the refs on this board when we lose, because we deserve it ....

StoopTroup
10/1/2007, 04:32 PM
You can call them out...but what good will it do.

You end up looking like an idiot if you do.

It's best to let the media call it out IMO.

I know they are rarely in our corner but even the Oregon debacle was obvious and many wouldn't comment just because Stoops called it a travesty.

We lost. It sux.

It won't happen again this year.

stoopified
10/1/2007, 04:47 PM
I didn't call out the refs,just gave my HONEST evaluation of Bob's tone and body language in his responses toBlevins questions and comments.Dean was IMHO trying to get Bob to call out the refs.Remember the UO flap when media kept bringing up THE ROYAL DUCKING we took in Eugene?Bob had to keep answering questions for a week and he WASN'T about to go DOWN THAT ROAD again.However IMHO his tone and body language,facial expression spoke volumes.

RUSH LIMBAUGH is my clone!
10/1/2007, 04:55 PM
I can not watch again........and I hope to never see OU play like that EVER AGAINPrecisely!!! BTW, who is the woman in your avatar. I've seen others ask you here before, but never saw your answer.

TheUnnamedSooner
10/1/2007, 05:12 PM
Was there anything else said on the playback worth mentioning?

usmc-sooner
10/1/2007, 06:23 PM
As I mentioned on another thread Bob also defended his D saying that they were tired as OU had 5 or 6 staright series in the second half where there were either turnovers or 3 and outs by the OU offense.

Just curious who else watched and what impressions you got?

I couldn't watch it. Who were the players he had on during halftime? My only disagreement is in 99 Bob was asked about his defense being on the field and getting tired due to the Leach offense, either quick strike or maybe really quickly out, his response was No excuses, if the defense doesn't want to stay out there, they can get off the field in 3 plays if they make plays.

I just think it's interesting. Is it a change in attitude? Is it being older and wiser? I don't know. I just think it's interesting.

Even though the D gave up about 400 yards and 27 points, I'll give you this those turnovers didn't do them any favors.

SouthCarolinaSooner
10/1/2007, 06:51 PM
I thought that the halo rule was gone. I think its just that you cant touch the punt returner before he catches. Didnt Reggie muff a punt against USC in the 04 national championship game too?

usmc-sooner
10/1/2007, 06:53 PM
I thought that the halo rule was gone. I think its just that you cant touch the punt returner before he catches. Didnt Reggie muff a punt against USC in the 04 national championship game too?

Reggie was in HS in 04.

You're thinking of Bradley, which was kinda a stupid accident. He was just trying to make something happen.

r5TPsooner
10/1/2007, 06:57 PM
Bob looked depressed. I quit watching it after they showed the good stuff which ended about 15 minutes into the broadcast.

SouthCarolinaSooner
10/1/2007, 07:04 PM
Reggie was in HS in 04.

You're thinking of Bradley, which was kinda a stupid accident. He was just trying to make something happen.
Yeah that was a GREAT play. He tried to pick the ball up on what the 3 or 4? If i recall he didnt have any blockers either.

usmc-sooner
10/1/2007, 07:08 PM
Yeah that was a GREAT play. He tried to pick the ball up on what the 3 or 4? If i recall he didnt have any blockers either.

well it was 6 out of what 52 points

Pigface1
10/1/2007, 07:09 PM
I thought the halo rule was gone too, but it seems to me you gotta at least give the guy a chance.

Either way, we got some bad calls, but we got beat. Sucks. :mad:

SouthCarolinaSooner
10/1/2007, 07:22 PM
well it was 6 out of what 52 points
6 out of 55:( And I broke a lightbulb after they scored off of that:O
That USC team was the greatest team to ever walk a college football field, end of story period.

usmc-sooner
10/1/2007, 07:27 PM
6 out of 55:( And I broke a lightbulb after they scored off of that:O
That USC team was the greatest team to ever walk a college football field, end of story period.
somewhere I missed a FG :D

AlbqSooner
10/1/2007, 08:07 PM
When Stoops said, "I Can't comment on that." he meant it. Coaches are prohibited from making negative statements about the officiating to the media. The halo rule is gone.

TXBOOMER
10/1/2007, 09:03 PM
I couldn't have watched it if I lived in an area to watch. I'm so freaking sick of the commercial showing Boise State beating us that I want scream when it comes on. I'm sure the CO-OU game was an instant classic on ESPN.

kevpks
10/1/2007, 09:19 PM
I couldn't have watched it if I lived in an area to watch. I'm so freaking sick of the commercial showing Boise State beating us that I want scream when it comes on. I'm sure the CO-OU game was an instant classic on ESPN.

OU/ CU was the greatest upset in the history of football, if you believe all the ESPNonsense. I still don't get how we can simultaneously be overrated and the mighty Goliath. Oh well, it feels kinda good to be hated by so many lesser programs.

stoopified
10/2/2007, 08:49 AM
I couldn't watch it. Who were the players he had on during halftime? My only disagreement is in 99 Bob was asked about his defense being on the field and getting tired due to the Leach offense, either quick strike or maybe really quickly out, his response was No excuses, if the defense doesn't want to stay out there, they can get off the field in 3 plays if they make plays.

I just think it's interesting. Is it a change in attitude? Is it being older and wiser? I don't know. I just think it's interesting.

Even though the D gave up about 400 yards and 27 points, I'll give you this those turnovers didn't do them any favors.
Soory,I didn't watch the haltime interview segment.As for The comment on D,Bob said that we did stop CU repeatedly only to have 3-and outs and turnovers force us back on the field with no rest.He said its a team game,O has to help out the D.I think we only had something like 16 offensive snaps in the 2nd half.

usmc-sooner
10/2/2007, 09:13 AM
Soory,I didn't watch the haltime interview segment.As for The comment on D,Bob said that we did stop CU repeatedly only to have 3-and outs and turnovers force us back on the field with no rest.He said its a team game,O has to help out the D.I think we only had something like 16 offensive snaps in the 2nd half.

I understand that and agree with it, but it seems like his attitude has changed over time. He was asked the same thing early in his career and like I said he said the longest the D has to be out there is 3 plays if they are doing what they are supposed to.
Maybe he was a little harder on Mike than he is on Brent, which is understandable being they are brothers.

ouwapiti
10/2/2007, 12:20 PM
as long as you dont interfere with the punt receiver you can be as close as possible....there is no halo rule anymore ...hasnt been for the last two years...my question is why were trying to catch a punt that deep with only a 7 point lead??? ...let it hit and then play offense.......so what if they down it inside the ten....i'd lot rather have the ball than take a chance on a muff...(football muff, that is)!!!!hahaha

OUmillenium
10/2/2007, 12:25 PM
I agree, I was yelling "let it go!" while the punt was in the air. Reggie has been doing that catch on the knees BS wAAAAAAAAAAAy too much. Good punt returners do not do that...evar.

mightysooner
10/2/2007, 01:08 PM
Anybody listen to Bob's "comments and tone" in the press conference today when the media asked him why he didn't get the ball to Kelley? Now THAT...was unacceptable.

mxATVracer10
10/2/2007, 01:09 PM
back to the subject at hand, anyone know when/if they show this program in the Tulsa market? Last season it was on every Sunday night on channel 41 I believe, but now I cannot find it. Although my DVR did catch one at like 4am on channel 17 or something :confused: TIA

KRYPTON
10/2/2007, 01:12 PM
I doubt Bob blames anything from that game on the refs. If he does, he needs to resign immediately before he starts cross-dressing.

(sorry if there are any pre-op transgendered folks on here).

Reggie needs to stop returning punts altogether. Franks needs to do it. Reggie's gassed from being on defense, and he's making questionable choices, although not as questionable as starting to run out of the end zone, then stopping an inch short before taking a knee :mad:

ruf/nekdad
10/2/2007, 01:22 PM
KQCW Tulsa. On dish, its channel 19. 3-4pm Sat & 4am Monday, maybe other times also.

http://www.wb19.com/

swardboy
10/2/2007, 01:25 PM
Anybody listen to Bob's "comments and tone" in the press conference today when the media asked him why he didn't get the ball to Kelley? Now THAT...was unacceptable.

I'm sorry, I don't get it...did he say "Now THAT...was unacceptable" or are you saying his answer was unacceptable.

mightysooner
10/2/2007, 01:32 PM
I'm sorry, I don't get it...did he say "Now THAT...was unacceptable" or are you saying his answer was unacceptable.

I'm saying his entire response, including his answer, was unacceptable.

RoaminSooner
10/2/2007, 02:22 PM
That muffed punt was the killer. I had just begun pacing, we hold them- 4th and 20. They're set up the punt and i see him back there. Momentum had swung so far to over to Colorado- I FELT the muff coming, ball is in the air- I'm repeating let it go...let it go...let it go- In a ghastly revulsion I loosed a blood curdling F*********************************************K with the power of Grayskull- The walls in my apartment shook with the retched pain, and the echo reverberated through the Santa Monica mountains...

The End

RoaminSooner
10/2/2007, 02:23 PM
Now let's bring the pain to the short horns.......Boomer Sooner

mxATVracer10
10/2/2007, 02:27 PM
KQCW Tulsa. On dish, its channel 19. 3-4pm Sat & 4am Monday, maybe other times also.

http://www.wb19.com/

Thanks, but did you mean Sunday or do they put his show on during gametime? ;)

Also, my brother is a PC '05 so I have been around a lot of the RUF/NEKS, just curious who your boy is?

OUHOMER
10/2/2007, 04:12 PM
I'm saying his entire response, including his answer, was unacceptable.

Well, wth was his answer, some of us had to work and did get to hear it:pop:

picasso
10/2/2007, 05:53 PM
I'm sad to say I wanted him to let it go too, although we could have been stuck on our own 1 yard line.:(

arlington
10/2/2007, 06:37 PM
The bottom line is CU has exactly 2 players(Dizon and wheatley) who would see the field at OU. I dont care if the refs allowed them to play with 12, we should have won this game.We didnt respect them and got fat and happy just waiting for them to quit down 17.

ictsooner7
10/2/2007, 09:26 PM
I live in Wichita, any way to see the playback show without have to buy a dish? Anything online? Any idea's?

Did he talk about the no holding call on our last punt?