PDA

View Full Version : Ya know what really ticks me off?

boomersooner28
10/1/2007, 02:35 PM
I am a pleasant, proud, and loyal fan of the University of Oklahoma. I don't boast, brag or more importantly belittle other programs when they go out and lay an egg, ala OSUX getting hammered at Troy. I don't say anything to the OSUX fans that I know or work with. I don't rub their bad losses in their face, nor do I brag about our great wins. BUT AS SOON AS MY BELOVED SOONERS LOSE A GAME, EVERYBODY, AND I MEAN EVERYBODY THAT I KNOW THAT IS NOT A SOONERS FAN, HAS TO CALL ME, TEXT ME, OR FIND ME AT WORK JUST TO POINT OUT THE FACT THAT OU LOST TO A INFERIOR OPPONENT. :mad:

You people can go to hell!

fadada1
10/1/2007, 02:38 PM
one fo the few good things about living back in new york... nobody, and i mean nobody, knows SQUAT about college football. it's like saturday's don't even exist up here. so, in the off chance we lose a game, nobody says anything because they're college football morons!!!!!

i feel your pain, brotha.

sanantoniosooner
10/1/2007, 02:38 PM
People who park over the line.

OklahomaRed
10/1/2007, 02:52 PM
Ditto. The game wasn't over before I had to turn off my frickin' cell phone because I got tired of hanging up on people. However, it did take a little sting off of the loss when texass got their butts kicked. At least I didn't have to put up with those wipes! :D

NCSooner18
10/1/2007, 03:03 PM
one fo the few good things about living back in new york... nobody, and i mean nobody, knows SQUAT about college football. it's like saturday's don't even exist up here. so, in the off chance we lose a game, nobody says anything because they're college football morons!!!!!

i feel your pain, brotha.

Similar situation here in North Carolina. When I lived in Dallas, if a person was a college football fan, they knew all college football. Here, if it's not ACC, and some SEC, they don't know or care.

kevpks
10/1/2007, 03:03 PM
I hate OUr alleged fans who start their illustrious posting careers after a loss and start spewing nonsense about the losing attitude of the coaching staff. These people are easy to spot; they typically have under 50 posts and have a reputation as red as the core of the sun.

Don't get me wrong, I love new people. (I'm practically still one myself)

fadada1
10/1/2007, 03:05 PM
Similar situation here in North Carolina. When I lived in Dallas, if a person was a college football fan, they knew all college football. Here, if it's not ACC, and some SEC, they don't know or care.
but dey shuur do no 'bout NASCAR!!! YEEEEEE HAAAAAWWWW!!!

sooner518
10/1/2007, 03:33 PM
The only person who gave me crap was my co-worker who went to CU. She called and left a voicemail as I was walking back from the game. I deleted it as soon as I heard her yelling "**** em up **** em up go CU". She also wrote me a really nice email along the lines of "OU sucks! Go Buffs!!"

SoonerAcesUp
10/1/2007, 03:40 PM
Yeah, today I can't even count how many times I've been asked "What happened to OU Saturday?". Like I'm the one that caused the loss or have special inside information as to why they lost. They didn't play good and got beat. What more do these freaking people want? Every Saturday you have to show up and play or you will get beat.

n8v_ndn
10/1/2007, 03:46 PM
Try living in Austin (although it wasn't so bad this weekend with Texas losing too). I went to this potluck after the game, and this lame *** A&M alum points at my OU shirt and tells another Aggie, 'Hey! They lost! So did the T-Sips!'

That was very OSU Aggie of him.

aero
10/1/2007, 04:10 PM
I've got the same problem as I'm sure most OU fans do. People can't wait to call to rub it in. I even got a call during the Tulsa game right after they went up 7. I knew what it was when I first heard my cell go off and didn't even answer or look to see who it was (it could have been a number of people). But I don't let it bother me as much as it used to. I have figured out that they don't get to rib us very often so they are compelled to when the rare occasion presents itself. You should remember that as much as our teams impress us and look unbelievably good, they look at least that or more to everyone else.

birddog
10/1/2007, 04:14 PM
everyone hates a winner, especially people who follow a perpetual loser.

KC//CRIMSON
10/1/2007, 04:16 PM
I am a pleasant, proud, and loyal fan of the University of Oklahoma. I don't boast, brag or more importantly belittle other programs when they go out and lay an egg, ala OSUX getting hammered at Troy. I don't say anything to the OSUX fans that I know or work with. I don't rub their bad losses in their face, nor do I brag about our great wins. BUT AS SOON AS MY BELOVED SOONERS LOSE A GAME, EVERYBODY, AND I MEAN EVERYBODY THAT I KNOW THAT IS NOT A SOONERS FAN, HAS TO CALL ME, TEXT ME, OR FIND ME AT WORK JUST TO POINT OUT THE FACT THAT OU LOST TO A INFERIOR OPPONENT. :mad:

I usually just text them back.........(NO SHI*, DO U THINK I DIDN'T WATCH THE GAME? NOW, GO **** OFF!):D

soonersweetie
10/1/2007, 04:17 PM
After we lost on Saturday, I sat on the couch and just smiled as I watched tx lose. And then others started losing and I thought, that's right. If we can't win, no one else can either, lol.

Anyway, out here in San Diego it was much easier at the office today because the Chargers lost and the Padres choked, so they were too miserable to give me any grief. I did have a Wisconsin fan stop by to offer his condolences. Not in a bad way, just wanted me to know that he got to watch it and knew I was probably having a rough time.

limey_sooner
10/1/2007, 04:19 PM
BUT AS SOON AS MY BELOVED SOONERS LOSE A GAME, EVERYBODY, AND I MEAN EVERYBODY THAT I KNOW THAT IS NOT A SOONERS FAN, HAS TO CALL ME, TEXT ME, OR FIND ME AT WORK JUST TO POINT OUT THE FACT THAT OU LOST TO A INFERIOR OPPONENT. :mad:

Just consider the rare occasion when this happens as the price you pay for supporting a team that is of such quality that even people who aren't fans expect them to win.

TXBOOMER
10/1/2007, 04:26 PM
Believe me, I catch 9 kinds of heck every time we lose. It reminds of explaining to my mom why I got a C on a report card. F*%* I'm sick of it. Although for 11 years AB (after Barry) noone gave me a hard time. I much prefer getting the hard time over being a no tradition joke like OSU.

recemp
10/1/2007, 04:43 PM
We expect OU to win every game. It is not always going to happen.
I do expect them to prepared to play. They came out like they didn't know what a football was. It always amazes me as much as disappoints.
KSU in the Big XII, LSU, SUC and Boise State. Sheer talent kept us in the LSU, Boise State & CU games. We can blame injury vs KSU. We could've made a showing vs SUC.
Been there for my share of losses but when they start 'looking for the red eye to Oklahoma" at kickoff...
Where is our heart?

OUinFLA
10/1/2007, 04:50 PM
I've got a Georgia fan friend, who knows very well that I NEVER miss an OU game on tv, or radio, or internet. For a couple of years, if we were behind at the half he would call and ask if I was watching the game.

uh, no, after about 40+ years, I decided to take a Saturday off.... what's the score?

And if we lose.........he has to call and again ask..........did you watch the game? did you know OU lost?

uh, no, after about 40+ years, I decided I didnt like football anymore....did OU play today?

Finally, I just said..............Hey, *******, I watch or listen to every game OU plays, I know the current status of the game as well as any OU fan, I dont really need you calling to needle me when we aren't doing well ! Why don't you ever call and say .....Great game OU played today, congrats on your win, y'all look good this year.

He has never called me about a game again.
Come to think of it...............I'm not sure he has ever called me again at all???

StoopTroup
10/1/2007, 04:54 PM
Sunday's Sports page was on my desk when I got to work today.

I know who did it....

We had a good laugh about it before we left work today.

I'm gonna burn his house down though. ;)

LesNessman
10/1/2007, 04:54 PM
Try living in Austin (although it wasn't so bad this weekend with Texas losing too).

Amen to that.

The way I see it, OU wasn't very good in the 1st half, horrendous in the 2nd half, and Colorado had everything under the sun go right for them, and they still only barely won. I doubt OU will play that poorly again this season.

I will be shocked if this Sooner team doesn't a win the Big12 and a BCS bowl-possibly even the championship game.

ELP Sooner
10/1/2007, 05:02 PM
9 years in El Paso and this is the first time nobody said anything to me about the loss. I have never talked smack...never needled them when their teams lost....and always congratulated the opposition when they beat the good guys. That said I am still down about Saturday without any "help" from the peanut gallery.

I bet that most of you are like me when it comes to dealing with these jokers in that I know more about their favorite team than they do....yet they still run their traps.

BTW, I'll be out in Lubbock to see the Sooners in November. Anyone have anything good or bad to say about their fans? I am assuming the worst.

recemp
10/1/2007, 05:06 PM
Just had a ND fan call me up and ask what happened to the Sooners

FirstandGoal
10/1/2007, 05:15 PM
Luckily so far I have only had people who were genuinely sympathetic and wanted to let me know they were bummed out about the loss contact me about it. Even my friend who is a SUC/UM alum-- actually she was pretty ****ed off about it because it indirectly hurts her Canes.

goingoneight
10/1/2007, 07:29 PM
My OSU grad uncle won't leave me alone... all of my friends made me feel like **** on Saturday night (honestly made me sick that I considered them friends for awhile), and all day long I hear retarded people on the radio saying Sam Bradford and Kevin Wilson cost us the game among several other retards who call in the Sports Animal and can barely speak English, but proclaim they know what should be done.

We dropped eight easily catchable balls, ever dropped pass would have hugely affected the game. We tipped two catchable balls up into CU's secondary late in the game. We had a muffed punt and gave up over 180 on the ground, on the road. OUr defense spent the great majority of the time on the field in the second half. Any other BIG 12 team would have lost by 50 if their defense went through that. OSU probably would have lost by 100.

Mistakes and glories are a part of life, and it seems no one wastes a minute to make me feel like **** today. I'd hate to be a guy like Reggie Smith or Juaqin Iglesias if some dumbass agroid-type happens to see them in between now and when we win our next game.

GoState
10/1/2007, 07:43 PM
BTW, I'll be out in Lubbock to see the Sooners in November. Anyone have anything good or bad to say about their fans? I am assuming the worst.

I went to the OSU/Tech game last year in Lubbock. I had heard that Tech was inhospitable to opposing fans, but I was pleasantly surprised at how good the game day experience was. The folks there went out of their way to welcome us and offer up beer/bbq, etc...and a big Yosemite Sam fake mustache, which I politely declined.

Boomer Mooner
10/1/2007, 08:59 PM
Meeting a Texass fan in a bar only to find someone has already ripped his sack?

I can't remember last Saturday. Get ready to kick some Whorn ***...afterall, it is the most wonderful time of the year!

dog-knee
10/3/2007, 10:11 PM
The worst ever? I was living in K.C. in 1988 when the Sooners lost to Danny and the miracles in the NCAA basketball finals. I was working for two KU grads at the time. After the third call, I took my phone off the hook.

soonerloyal
10/3/2007, 10:28 PM
Just had a ND fan call me up and ask what happened to the Sooners

Now that kind of call takes more stupidity than should exist...