PDA

View Full Version : Just a Reminder: 7 the top 13 lost, and neither USC nor LSU looked unbeatable.

soonerboy_odanorth
10/1/2007, 01:06 PM
It ain't over, folks.

This weekend will, as always, be the determining factor.

(We can all go Jonestown after Big D if it doesn't go our way.)

So, with that.....

BEAT TEXAS!!!

sooneron
10/1/2007, 01:07 PM
We are so doomed, odanorth is sunshine pumping. :(

OUDoc
10/1/2007, 01:09 PM
We should probably neg him for being so upbeat. Karma and such.

;)

sooneron
10/1/2007, 01:12 PM
Crap, I accidentally pos'd him.

soonerboy_odanorth
10/1/2007, 01:19 PM
It's a new and improved me... 'cause I'm prayin' hard on this one this year. 'Cause turns out, even though I didn't expect to this year, I'm comin' down for the game. I'd much prefer to fly down from MN to Big D.

But my buddy for whom I bought tix for his 40th B-day this year (he's never been to the RRS and loves OU as much as I do) couldn't find anyone else to go down with... and he is terrified of flying... so we're driving. Ugh.

fadada1
10/1/2007, 01:22 PM
It's a new and improved me... 'cause I'm prayin' hard on this one this year. 'Cause turns out, even though I didn't expect to this year, I'm comin' down for the game. I'd much prefer to fly down from MN to Big D.

But my buddy for whom I bought tix for his 40th B-day this year (he's never been to the RRS and loves OU as much as I do) couldn't find anyone else to go down with... and he is terrified of flying... so we're driving. Ugh.
drive from MN to dallas???? i'd rather be kicked in the nutz.

aurorasooner
10/1/2007, 02:01 PM
Just a Reminder: 7 the top 13 lost, and neither USC nor LSU looked unbeatable. Yeah we would've been sitting pretty, if we hadn't of coughed up that 20 point lead on Saturday. However, looking on the ""glass half full instead of half empty" side, if we would've held on and squeaked by in Boulder, and Texas would've lost, then we would've probably gone down to Dallas still reading all of our press clippings (and homer message board posts), and come into the RRR cocky and gotton our azz handed to us. Honestly, after reading this, imo we didn't really play anyone worth a damn in our OOC to be rated in the top 5, and I'm still not sure we're a top 10 team.
The Sometimes-When-You-Win-You-Really-Lose Award

Miami won Saturday but they didn't really do it in style. With three minutes left, the Hurricanes were beating Duke by a measly three points and the Blue Devils were driving deep into Miami territory. OK, so the Hurricanes got a timely sack and went on to win 24-14, but by giving Duke a chance to win in the fourth quarter, let's be honest, they already lost. This is a Duke team that's 1-24 in its last 25 games. This is a Duke team that has lost 19-straight games to ACC opponents. This is a Duke team that placed an ad in the student newspaper announcing open try-outs for a kicker. For God's sake, there was a 24-point spread.With all this "possibly best OL in the Bob Stoops era" and constantly hearing how huge these guys are, I'm still troubled about us not being able to just completely blow weak defensive OOC teams off the LOS at Owen Field. (and I'm talking about the holes big enough to drive a semi through not creases where our RBs barely squirts through and are able to juke some 5-10 defensive back that should probably be playing for a D-2 team instead of D-1.
In any event, it's going to be interesting on Saturday because this is a must win for both us and the whorns and both coaching staffs know that, and I don't expect either staff will leave any tricks in the bag (if either staff has any actually game-planned) to win this one, and mesmerize their team's fans. The coaching staff of the losing team on Saturday will be feeling the heat from their local fans coffee shop conversation, sport's writers and message board posters like never before, and no amount of ridiculous homer posts about "perhaps you should be the coach or co-ordinator" will do anything to cool down the losing team's die-hard fan's criticism. If we win on Saturday that's 6 out of the last 8 since the turn of the century, and if the whorns win, that's 3 in a row for them. The loser is 100% out of the national championship picture and probably about 80 to 85% out of the Big 12 championship picture before even playing their 3rd conference game (although I could still see a 2 conference loss-south-division team making it to San Antonio on the tie-breaker). Just a huge game, but no matter what Texas' or OU's record is coming in to the RRR, it always is. BTW, if we lose this one, with a pretty good Missouri team coming to Norman the following Saturday, there's a chance we could start out 0-3 in conference play. The whorns on the other hand get to heal playing 2 road games against Iowa State and Baylor. Although playing in Ames, and playing against Chizek who knows Texas probably as well if not better than any Big 12 coach, and after what Iowa State did to Iowa, I'm not sure Texas has a gimme at Ames.

soonerboy_odanorth
10/1/2007, 02:11 PM
drive from MN to dallas???? i'd rather be kicked in the nutz.

It's only about 11 hours to OKC... so... what... tack on another 3-3 1/2?

I'm thinkin' 15. Yup. That's a pretty full day. I'm sure I'll feel like I was kicked thar by the time I've spent 30 of 72 hours on the road....