PDA

View Full Version : PS3 Games...

OUAndy1807
10/1/2007, 10:25 AM
Who's got a PS3? I have one and I need a new game to tide me over until GH3 comes out. Right now I have Motorstorm, NCAA2k8 and Sonic the Hedgehog (wife's game and it sucks)

I'm looking for a good game. possibly a first person shooter.

NormanPride
10/1/2007, 10:43 AM
haha, games on the ps3, good one.

OUDoc
10/1/2007, 10:50 AM
Resistance:Fall of Man is pretty good.

dolemitesooner
10/1/2007, 10:55 AM
I have a PS3

Resistance:Fall of man of RFOM is the best fps I have played. The solo offline game is a blast and the online version is so smooth and people are always on.
It is the highest rated game on the Ps3 so far. Buy it Buy it now

Frozen Sooner
10/1/2007, 10:56 AM
RFOM is greatness.

SoonerBBall
10/1/2007, 03:38 PM
I have a PS3

Resistance:Fall of man of RFOM is the best CONSOLE fps I have played. The solo offline game is a blast and the online version is so smooth and people are always on.
It is the highest rated game on the Ps3 so far. Buy it Buy it now

fixed.

OUAndy1807
10/1/2007, 05:21 PM
holy crap, RFOM is a fun game. this game is what I was hoping for in the next gen of consoles. thanks guys.

OUAndy1807
10/1/2007, 05:26 PM
also, I would put this up against any computer FPS just because of ease of play and fun factor. At this point, the only reason I can see for computer gaming is upgradability and uber-complicated games that require more than 10 inputs beyond directional and 3-d looking around. I'm not that into really complicated games, which explains why I still play Counterstrike way more than a healthy amount.

dolemitesooner
10/1/2007, 06:36 PM
RFOM is fun ...if you wanna play online somtime let me know and I will shoot your ***

SouthCarolinaSooner
10/1/2007, 07:37 PM
RFOM is okaay. Personally I really like the FIFA series... so go ahead and tar and feather me for liking soccer.

OUAndy1807
10/1/2007, 08:24 PM
RFOM is okaay. Personally I really like the FIFA series... so go ahead and tar and feather me for liking soccer.
I'm in no position to judge: I always like NHL games even thought it's probably my least favorite sport.

OUAndy1807
12/16/2007, 01:49 PM
what games is everyone playing/getting?

I'm getting the wife Ratchet and Clank for christmas and I'm getting Call of Duty 4

soonerboomer93
12/16/2007, 06:31 PM
if someone could find my command and conquer 3 install dvd (it's in the dvd case with my damn key code) that would be really appreciate

oh, and I have absolutely no ****ing clue what country it's in. I couldn't find it in the states or in korea. It's probably off with the little notebook i carry when i travel that has some important contact information I really need.

Frozen Sooner
12/16/2007, 07:17 PM
Man, I miss the old Command and Conquer games. Maybe I'll see if they have 'em at Best Buy today. I love RTS games.

SicEmBaylor
12/16/2007, 07:54 PM
Man, I miss the old Command and Conquer games. Maybe I'll see if they have 'em at Best Buy today. I love RTS games.
I'm a sucker for turn based games. I play a hell of a lot of Civilization (I-IV).

The resource gathering in RTS games drives me bat *** crazy.

bluedogok
12/16/2007, 07:58 PM
I haven't tried many of them, mostly had sports games on my old X-Box and didn't play them all that often.
Is there anything out there like a modern version of the old (and I do mean old) Atari 400/800 Eastern Front game? :D

SicEmBaylor
12/16/2007, 08:00 PM
I haven't tried many of them, mostly had sports games on my old X-Box and didn't play them all that often.
Is there anything out there like a modern version of the old (and I do mean old) Atari 400/800 Eastern Front game? :D
Actually, yes, but it's for the PC.

There are several of them but the absolute best is the "Operational Art of War" series.

Ruuuuuufus
12/16/2007, 11:31 PM
Ratchet and Clank is a strangely addicting game. Looks like it is straight out of a Pixar movie.

COD4 is the best thing going for console multiplayer fps right now. If for some reason you don't want to play online then I would just rent it because the single player is much shorter than RFOM.

Uncharted: Drake's Fortune is the best game I have played on the PS3. I'm actually playing through it a second time right now.

The other game I would recommend is Ninja Gaiden Sigma... my 2nd favorite game but it has a pretty steep learning curve. Really tough on the higher difficulties. If you've played any of the previous versions, it's about the same with a few added levels that make you play as the girl. While she's fun to look at, it takes a while to get used to moving so much slower.

soonerboomer93
12/16/2007, 11:39 PM

I bought 3 back in april when I was in the states, it had just come out. I've been playing it since the original came out, but I do prefer red alert. I like being the russians and playing "tanks smash"

soonerboomer93
12/16/2007, 11:43 PM
I'm a sucker for turn based games. I play a hell of a lot of Civilization (I-IV).

The resource gathering in RTS games drives me bat *** crazy.

why? you just have to setup the people to gather it. It's never bothered me because i tend to play defense first. I don't move on offense right away except in a few cases.

OUDoc
12/17/2007, 09:15 AM
COD4 is the best thing going for console multiplayer fps right now. If for some reason you don't want to play online then I would just rent it because the single player is much shorter than RFOM.

Exactly. Great game to play online, if you don't mind occasionally getting pwned by 13 year-olds. ;)