PDA

View Full Version : Reports of the demise of the B12 North have been greatly exaggerated

ric311
9/30/2007, 08:41 PM
Maybe the North doesn't succ so much afterall.

OUmillenium
9/30/2007, 08:46 PM
...yes...they do

MiccoMacey
9/30/2007, 08:52 PM
KU is the class of the North right now. And KSU is 1A.

Missouri, Nebraska, Colorado are 3-5 in no particular order.

Iowa State is the Baylor of the North.

AlabamaSooner
9/30/2007, 08:54 PM
I tend to think the North's still very weak. CU beating us doesn't change a thing. It's like one of those things where if you play 10 times, the underdog will win one of them...that one was yesterday.

MiccoMacey
9/30/2007, 08:57 PM
OSU and A&M will play Saturday...for the division lead.

OU and Texas will play Saturday...one team will be 0-2 in the Big Twelve, and possibly tied for Baylor for the worst record so far. Unless Baylor wins, and then the loser of the RRS is the cellar dwellar.

I can't remember the last time Stoops lost two games in a row. But next Saturday one team will have lost two in a row.

The loser will possibly fall out of the top 20, and maybe top 25.

And two North division teams, who weren't really on anyone's radars at the beginning of the season, just took two games from the alleged top teams in the South.

I know it's early in the season, and many things can and will change by December. But it's an eerie feeling right now.

tommieharris91
9/30/2007, 08:59 PM
KSU will make noise. KU, well, we still don't really know anything about them. Missouri could beat us with their offense. KU vs KSU will say a lot about the North, and this weekend will say a lot about the conference.

OKC-SLC
9/30/2007, 09:05 PM
I can't remember the last time Stoops lost two games in a row.
Maybe in the pre-NCAA-negated 2005 season, can't remember.

Definitely KSU and LSU in 2003.

KaiserSooner
9/30/2007, 11:27 PM
The North is much improved this year, but that doesn't negate the past five or so years of non-competitiveness by the North division teams.

As far as CU, I hope they win the North div...but I'm not convinced they can get past either KSU or Missouri. And frankly, I'm not convinced the win against OU is some sort of magical paradigm shift for the Buffs, where they're suddenly not that inept team we saw against Florida State and Arizona State. It could be a fluke win for CU, and they quickly sink back into the wilderness of ineptitude. We'll see.

Sooner Eclipse
9/30/2007, 11:46 PM
The North is much improved this year, but that doesn't negate the past five or so years of non-competitiveness by the North division teams.

As far as CU, I hope they win the North div...but I'm not convinced they can get past either KSU or Missouri. And frankly, I'm not convinced the win against OU is some sort of magical paradigm shift for the Buffs, where they're suddenly not that inept team we saw against Florida State and Arizona State. It could be a fluke win for CU, and they quickly sink back into the wilderness of ineptitude. We'll see.

I too hope they can win the north and show improvement through out the year, but I fear this loss had more to do with us and our lack of execution and planning than anything CU did. :(

kevpks
9/30/2007, 11:48 PM
It is one thing to win a game. It is another to sustain success and win the conference. The North has only won it twice since 2000. We, of course, have won it four times and are the class of the conference. We are the defending champs and will remain so until someone knocks us off. Also, OSU should make a banner commemorating their few weeks as the first place team because it is the closest they'll get to a conference title anytime soon.

GottaHavePride
10/1/2007, 12:19 AM
OSU and A&M will play Saturday...for the division lead.

This too shall pass.

SoonerStormchaser
10/1/2007, 10:10 AM
I can't remember the last time Stoops lost two games in a row.

Try 2003...or TGOWWDNS and the subsequent loss to TCU.

soonerloyal
10/1/2007, 10:30 AM
Reports of the demise of the B12 North have been greatly exaggerated

So have the reports of the B12 South...

picasso
10/1/2007, 12:08 PM
until the north does something outside of an upset in league play (I'm talking on a national level) they will continue to suck.

MextheBulldog
10/1/2007, 12:55 PM
This too shall pass.

I thought the same thing - A&M v OSU for conf. lead this early (1-0) = nuttin but media hype to sell some ads...

OUDoc
10/1/2007, 01:06 PM
This too shall pass.
So, this whole weekend was like Jed's kidney stone?

soonerboy_odanorth
10/1/2007, 01:10 PM
Maybe the North doesn't succ so much afterall.

Congrats to your team.

Now keep your head in the game and finish it out. Then if we can somehow pull it all back together we could get a second crack at ya. It would make for a pretty entertaining game (though not necessarily a different outcome.)

Good luck on your season.