PDA

View Full Version : One good thing to come from this weekend . . .

Phil
9/30/2007, 08:23 PM
We are currently still sitting in the Denver airport, having spent all day here watching football and generally having a good time. In my bag are four free round-trip tickets on United Airlines, courtesy of us being able to twice volunteer to give up our seats for remuneration. Mom already agreed to keep the kids one more night before we did it the first time, so it's all good.

sanantoniosooner
9/30/2007, 08:24 PM
NICE. We've benefited a few times from the same thing.

FirstandGoal
10/1/2007, 01:49 PM
Did you get free food vouchers?

colleyvillesooner
10/1/2007, 01:52 PM
We are currently still sitting in the Denver airport, having spent all day here watching football and generally having a good time. In my bag are four free round-trip tickets on United Airlines, courtesy of us being able to twice volunteer to give up our seats for remuneration. Mom already agreed to keep the kids one more night before we did it the first time, so it's all good.

I can think of another thing you benefited from this weekend... ;)

Good job on the tickets. Wish I would have been offered, our flight was jam packed.

MamaMia
10/1/2007, 02:15 PM
My husband and I remunerated the day away as well. The kids are all grown so we don't need a sitter. We don't even need to lock the bedroom door anymore.

Phil
10/1/2007, 03:48 PM
I can think of another thing you benefited from this weekend... ;)

Yup - Mr. and Mrs. Colleyville were nice enough to give me a ride back to my hotel in Broomfield (halfway between Denver and Boulder) immediately after the game. My wife had our rental car, so I was afoot. I think my exact words were "Can I catch a ride with you guys to anyplace but here?" Subsequently, they were gracious enough to take me all the way to my hotel, despite the fact that they were staying in Boulder, and to refuse the bribe I offered them. From past bad experience, it is always best, when the other team's obnoxious fans are celebrating on the field, to get out of Dodge as quickly as possible. Traffic isn't a problem then and you don't have to put up with the idiots - they are all still on the field. This is how it was on Saturday, sadly.

Good job on the tickets. Wish I would have been offered, our flight was jam packed.

Yeah, it's the first time we've really been able to do that.

OKC-SLC
10/1/2007, 05:13 PM
good jorb, Phil.

And CVS.

r5TPsooner
10/1/2007, 06:56 PM
If you have the time getting bumped for fee stuff is good. Just make sure that you check the expiration dates.

Another good thing to come out of this weekend was the fact that I finally found a decent beer that tasted good. Samuel Adams Octoberfest. One of the smoothest beers I've ever drank. Give it a try.

colleyvillesooner
10/1/2007, 09:33 PM
Yup - Mr. and Mrs. Colleyville were nice enough to give me a ride back to my hotel in Broomfield (halfway between Denver and Boulder) immediately after the game. My wife had our rental car, so I was afoot. I think my exact words were "Can I catch a ride with you guys to anyplace but here?" Subsequently, they were gracious enough to take me all the way to my hotel, despite the fact that they were staying in Boulder, and to refuse the bribe I offered them. From past bad experience, it is always best, when the other team's obnoxious fans are celebrating on the field, to get out of Dodge as quickly as possible. Traffic isn't a problem then and you don't have to put up with the idiots - they are all still on the field. This is how it was on Saturday, sadly.

More than happy to. Like Mrs. Colley said after you got out of the car "I really think God sent him to us so we wouldn't totally freak out after the game" :D

The traffic headed toward Denver after we dropped you off was unbelievable. Glad we got out when we did. Ride back to Boulder was traffic free.

Too bad we didn't see you at the airport, we were WAY early for our flight and spent alot of time watching the Bronco game as well.

Phil
10/2/2007, 07:55 AM
More than happy to. Like Mrs. Colley said after you got out of the car "I really think God sent him to us so we wouldn't totally freak out after the game" :D

Yeah, after as many games as I've been to, I tend to be fairly even keeled no matter how the game turns out.

The traffic headed toward Denver after we dropped you off was unbelievable. Glad we got out when we did. Ride back to Boulder was traffic free.

I figured as much.

Too bad we didn't see you at the airport, we were WAY early for our flight and spent alot of time watching the Bronco game as well.

Yeah, we got to the airport about 10 a.m. and ended up leaving at about 10 p.m., so we were waaaaaaay early. We watched the Dallas game, the Minnesota game, the Denver game, and the Eagles-Giants game before we actually got on a plane.

soonerboomer93
10/2/2007, 07:59 AM
the lines through security at DIA always suck

unless you know the alternative check point

stoopified
10/2/2007, 09:25 AM
My husband and I remunerated the day away as well. The kids are all grown so we don't need a sitter. We don't even need to lock the bedroom door anymore.Lucky you.Me and the missis have a 3 1/2 year old and a 6 month old,so we will be locking the door for some time to come.

ric311
10/2/2007, 06:12 PM
Yup - Mr. and Mrs. Colleyville were nice enough to give me a ride back to my hotel in Broomfield (halfway between Denver and Boulder)

Sounds like you stayed at either the Omni or the Renaissance - both are very nice hotels. I hope you brought your golf clubs along. The Omni Interlocken Golf club is one of my favorites.

Kinda ****ed that none of you bastages showed up at my tailgate - again. We did have one Sooner there, but he's married to a buff gal and the two of them were hilarious.

Phil
10/2/2007, 06:32 PM
Sounds like you stayed at either the Omni or the Renaissance - both are very nice hotels.

The Renaissance it was.

I hope you brought your golf clubs along. The Omni Interlocken Golf club is one of my favorites.

Golf is a good walk wasted. I have some clubs - but I haven't seen them in a number of years.

Kinda ****ed that none of you bastages showed up at my tailgate - again. We did have one Sooner there, but he's married to a buff gal and the two of them were hilarious.

Hell, I had a hard enough time just getting to the game, much less any tailgates.

usmc-sooner
10/2/2007, 06:38 PM
Hey Phil I bet you and Mrs. Phil really missed those babies. Even though you probably needed the break.

Phil
10/2/2007, 08:09 PM
Yes, we missed those babies, even for just a few days.

soonerloyal
10/2/2007, 08:21 PM
Savor every moment with those babies. They grow up WAAAAY too fast.

Is there anything purtier than babies...except babies in proper Sooner attire? Ya did GOOD.

Soonerus
10/2/2007, 08:26 PM
Savor every moment with those babies. They grow up WAAAAY too fast.

Is there anything purtier than babies...except babies in proper Sooner attire? Ya did GOOD.

I have heard all kinds of statements about everything but some are real truisms like, the above statement by soonerloyal, "savor every moment with those babies. They grow up WAAAY too fast"...

StoopTroup
10/2/2007, 08:45 PM
Free tickets...very nice....

United to Ames?

Phil
10/2/2007, 09:17 PM
Negative. Southwest to KC, then a rental to Ames, just for the game, then back to KC. Booked months ago.

StoopTroup
10/2/2007, 09:20 PM
I knew you'd make that one...

Ames is the only Big XII venue I've not been too.

I'll have to try next time around...

ric311
10/3/2007, 12:21 PM
Negative. Southwest to KC, then a rental to Ames, just for the game, then back to KC. Booked months ago.

Do you have any idea of how long a drive that is? Four hours, minimum. Probably longer.

ric311
10/3/2007, 12:22 PM
I knew you'd make that one...

Ames is the only Big XII venue I've not been too.

I'll have to try next time around...

Think Lincoln, NE without the charm.

Phil
10/3/2007, 01:09 PM
Do you have any idea of how long a drive that is? Four hours, minimum. Probably longer.

I've made the drive from KC to Ames several times. Also the drive from KC to Lincoln, KC to Columbia, KC to Lawrence, KC to Manhattan, etc. It's a little over three hours. No problem.