PDA

View Full Version : Who is really going to make it 12-13 weeks unmarked?

goingoneight
9/30/2007, 07:28 PM
LSU? Sorry, I don't see it. Their conference now is what the BIG 12 was in the late 90's-early 2000s. Very powerful, plentiful with surprises weekly. See: Florida versus a bad Allburn team yesterday.

USC? I think eventually they'll fall. I think they're going to tightrope their way to probably 9-0, show signs of being maybe a legit #1 team by mid-season form and drop a shocking loss like we did in 2001-2003.

USF? Definitely the most likely... but the next level (BCS) will not be kind to them.

It sucks we coughed one up early, but I think (at least I keep telling myself) it will be alright. I'm not going to go and predict a miracle MNC invite :rolleyes:, but I do think this team could finish better than the 2006 team did.

OKC-SLC
9/30/2007, 07:41 PM
This team has looked VERY good most of the time this season.

Yesterday was an aberration.

We SHOULDN'T lose another game this season. If that happens, I'll be very pleased.

SoonerKnight
9/30/2007, 07:55 PM
Noone! Heck maybe KU goes undefeated! HAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I had to cheer myself up damn what they beat Missouri and Nebraska as well as Colorado!!!! bwaaaahaaaaaa!!! LOL!!! Dang that is a scary thought!!!! And I mean KU not KSU

AlbqSooner
9/30/2007, 09:21 PM
So we are now talking KU vs USF in the BCS Championship game??????? Dang, this weekend feels like I walked onto the set of a Fellini movie. Either that or got my money's worth for that $5 spent on a sugar cube in 1969.

Sooner Among The Pack
9/30/2007, 09:25 PM
We'll know a lot about LSU after the next two weeks (Florida, @ Kentucky). They may win in Death Valley...but that trip to Lexington will be dicey. Biggest football game in the history of UK football???

USC has to play @ Cal and @ Oregon. If the same SC team shows up that was on the field last night in Washington, they won't win the Pac-10, let alone the MNC.

I wouldn't be shocked if the winner of Ohio State/Wisconsin goes undefeated.

Jay C. Upchurch
9/30/2007, 09:31 PM
Went through the schedules of each of the top 25 ranked teams, and I don't believe it is a stretch to say that none of them will go undefeated this season.

There is no such thing as a good loss, but timing can be everything... and OU losing its one game in Sept. is going to play heavily into the polling late in the season (that is provided the Sooners can run the table and win the Big 12 title).

OU fans should take heart in the fact the Sooners still have a very realistic shot at playing for (and winning) the national title this season.

Do they need help?

Yes.

But it certainly is not farfetched to believe it can happen.

Sooner Among The Pack
9/30/2007, 09:35 PM
There is no such thing as a good loss, but timing can be everything... and OU losing its one game in Sept. is going to play heavily into the polling late in the season (that is provided the Sooners can run the table and win the Big 12 title).

Exactly. Only need to look back one year to see a great case in point: Florida lost to Auburn last year on October 14th on the road.

rainiersooner
9/30/2007, 09:36 PM
The most important thing is that CU wins out and we beat them in the CCG. That bolsters our case. If they play like they did yesterday, they should win the North. Of course, if we play like we did yesterday, it doesn't matter.

StoopTroup
9/30/2007, 09:39 PM
Went through the schedules of each of the top 25 ranked teams, and I don't believe it is a stretch to say that none of them will go undefeated this season.

OU fans should take heart in the fact the Sooners still have a very realistic shot at playing for (and winning) the national title this season.

Do they need help?

Yes.

But it certainly is not farfetched to believe it can happen.

Amen.

Sonner magic923
9/30/2007, 10:08 PM
hello Hawaii

badger
9/30/2007, 10:31 PM
hello Hawaii
yes.

LSUdeek
9/30/2007, 10:55 PM

Of course LSU, Kentucky, and UF all play each other so 2 of these three will have a loss. That will take care of two teams above OU in the standings at this time. Same with USC-Cal and tOSU-Wisconsin.

Jay C. Upchurch
10/1/2007, 12:22 AM
Hawaii does have a chance to go undefeated, although it will have to win at Nevada and at home against Boise State... UH barely beat LA Tech a few weeks ago on the road (45-44)... so they are far from invincible.

The with OU and Hawaii is the fact the Sooners are six spots higher in the polls and as long as both teams keep winning, there's no way the Rainbow Warriors leap over OU.

KC//CRIMSON
10/1/2007, 12:43 AM
I don't think a one loss LSU or USC is going to fall behind OU.

OU Adonis
10/1/2007, 03:04 AM
The fact that we lost to a average team on our first true road trip doesn't bode well for the rest of the season. If we go undefeated the rest of the way out it will be a nice surprise.

We have to hope that LSU and USC lose 1 game late or lose two games sometime this year.

CincySooner
10/1/2007, 08:05 AM
I think someone out of the pac-10 is going undefeated.

Please lord let it be Cal.

BoonesFarmSooner
10/1/2007, 09:42 AM
As bad as the Big10 is, I think Ohio State has a shot at going undefeated.