PDA

View Full Version : Attention coach haters:

goingoneight
9/30/2007, 07:08 PM
If you think ridding ourselves of some of the best coaches in the game is the answer...

... take a good long look at the San Diego Chargers.

stoopified
9/30/2007, 07:12 PM
Anybody who wants to run off Bob is an idiot.I trust Bob to take care of coaching changes,IF and WHEN they are needed.Who else is better qualified to coach OU and run the staff?

Animal Mother
9/30/2007, 07:27 PM
Coaches coach and players play. Neither group did much of anything positive in Boulder Saturday. Hell the secondary couldn't cover the ground with water and make mud. Well except D.J. Wolfe.If was only about coaches doing a poor job, they'd bus in 30 every game and shoot them out of the stadium in a cannon every time they effed up. Win as a team, lose as a team. It really is that simple.

OKC-SLC
9/30/2007, 07:28 PM
Bob is the caretaker of OU football and I will be thankful for that until he decides to retire.

In 2055.

goingoneight
9/30/2007, 07:30 PM
^^^ :D

with 40 MNC crystals.

DrZaius
9/30/2007, 07:30 PM
Coach HATERS suck!

StoopTroup
9/30/2007, 07:36 PM
I hate Lou Holtz.

SoonerKnight
9/30/2007, 07:38 PM
It could be worse a lot worse this could be our coach:

http://images.athlonsports.com/d/4351-1/BrownMack279112406116.jpg

Stoops is the man!!!!!

remember this:

http://www.k955.com/sports/ouchamps/world.jpg

BornandBred
9/30/2007, 07:41 PM
Losing sucks. Bobby is still the man.

Animal Mother
9/30/2007, 08:03 PM
It could be worse. Bob could be selling player's dirty underwear with plays disguised as DNA samples to alumni for $1,000.00 per stain to keep his Amway franchiseione afloat.

OKC-SLC
9/30/2007, 08:08 PM
On the topic, I live in Kansas City, and I'm here to tell you the Chiefs succ.

San Diego = playing for draft picks.

batonrougesooner
9/30/2007, 08:16 PM
John Blake is on the phone. Should I take a message?

OUmillenium
9/30/2007, 08:41 PM
Wonder if Texas Faggies are wishing they had Slocum instead of Fran?

Heck yeah they are.

Mrs.oumartin
9/30/2007, 08:59 PM
Bob was so much younger in 2000.

Bob needs to hire a couple good coaches and stop hiring such good friends.
I love them man and want him to stay but that is a fault of his

fossil
9/30/2007, 09:17 PM
Those of you who are crying about how somebody should be fired PLEASE shut up, grow up, and stand up. One loss and you'd think your wife ran off with another man. It's just a game for Chrissie sake, get over it and get behind what is still one of the best teams in the country, and one of the finest coaching staffs assembled.

By the way, the Sooners have their one loss for the year, and they will not lose again. It is official and you can take that to the bank. And oh yeah, the teams playing in the MNC this year will both have one loss.

MichiganSooner
9/30/2007, 09:34 PM
Fossil, you said exactly what I was thinking.

NS5
9/30/2007, 09:40 PM
dON' T EVEWN TALK TO ME!!!!! yOU ARE DREAM AND IT IS A BAD ONE!!!!

BAD DAY AW QB SPOT BECAUSE HE WAS FIGHTIN OFF DEFENDERS.
THOINK ABOUT IT..

sanantoniosooner
9/30/2007, 09:42 PM
caps lock.

fix it.

thanks.

birddog
9/30/2007, 09:44 PM
Anybody who wants to run off Bob is an idiot.I trust Bob to take care of coaching changes,IF and WHEN they are needed.Who else is better qualified to coach OU and run the staff?

ask red giant. he has all the answers.

goingoneight
9/30/2007, 09:45 PM
Bob was so much younger in 2000.

Bob needs to hire a couple good coaches and stop hiring such good friends.
I love them man and want him to stay but that is a fault of his

Considering Brent Venables and Bobby Jack Wright among several others, Heupel included were a huge reason we won it all in 2000, I'd say we're doing alright. face it, the coaches don't drop the passes, tip them up for grabs or muff punts. Add insult to injury, they are not responsible for missed tackles or injuries. It's a part of the game you try your damnedest to avoid.

birddog
9/30/2007, 09:45 PM

THOINK ABOUT IT..

uhhhhh, what?

usmc-sooner
9/30/2007, 09:54 PM
I TP'ed Bob's house last night, flooded him with dirty e-mails, and left some crazy voice messages for him.

Sooner98
9/30/2007, 10:08 PM

THOINK ABOUT IT..

Is this English? Seriously, do people actually verbally speak like this?

Sooner Eclipse
9/30/2007, 10:23 PM

THOINK ABOUT IT..

Now be nice to this poor soul. It's either doleo's troll or a retarded relative.
:eek:

Mrs.oumartin
9/30/2007, 10:32 PM
I'm not picking on B. Stoops but you have your head up your butt to think he doesn't coddle these coaches(who are his close friends) on occasion.

kc sooner
9/30/2007, 10:41 PM
People can be critical of coaches and still love the Sooners. I want them to win every game and will always be behind them, it's just frustrating to see a horrible game plan and then lose because of it. Players try their hardest and when they drop passes, they didn't do it on purpose they just dropped a pass. But coaches are the ones getting paid and when they get outcoached, I will be critical of them, because I want to win every game and it's frustrating losing to a team with inferior talent!! Having said that--

BOOMER SOONER!!!

BEAT texASS!!!!!!!!

MamaMia
10/1/2007, 09:35 AM
Personally I would love to keep Bobby Jack Wright for a recruiting coach and get someone in there who can coach our players to defend against the pass. Attack me. I don't care. :D

wishbonesooner
10/1/2007, 10:03 AM
The transformation of the Sooners from '99 to the present is remarkable. From an imaginative, wide open, pushing the ball up the field on every play offense, to the plodding pro sets we run now.
From a spit flying, bodies throwing themselves at the ball, sure tackling defense to what we see now.
We sure have changed. I'm not at all sure why. Fat and sassy maybe?

stoopified
10/1/2007, 10:22 AM
ask red giant. he has all the answers.
He is one of the IDIOTS I was referring to.

UberSooner
10/1/2007, 12:40 PM
I haven't read all the threads but I haven't seen anybody posting to fire the coaches. What I have read is what you read on any board after a loss, people venting and wanting to find answers about what went wrong. In fact, I don't think anything i've read says anymore the Stoops did himself. We got out-coached and out-played. I don't have a problem with that, its gonna happen, I just don't understand why we see the problems costing us games time after time, i.e., conservative play calling and defensive break downs in the secondary. (That's a huge generalization for the sake of space).

sooneron
10/1/2007, 12:48 PM
People can be critical of coaches and still love the Sooners. I want them to win every game and will always be behind them, it's just frustrating to see a horrible game plan and then lose because of it. Players try their hardest and when they drop passes, they didn't do it on purpose they just dropped a pass. But coaches are the ones getting paid and when they get outcoached, I will be critical of them, because I want to win every game and it's frustrating losing to a team with inferior talent!! Having said that--

BOOMER SOONER!!!

BEAT texASS!!!!!!!!
Were you in the meetings leading up to the game? I don't see how you can knock on the game plan when there was poor execution. Were there some plays that made me scratch my head? Yes, but the play of the team was down right sloppy. It's tough to put all of that at the coach's feet.

Seamus
10/1/2007, 01:10 PM
The transformation of the Sooners from '99 to the present is remarkable. From an imaginative, wide open, pushing the ball up the field on every play offense, to the plodding pro sets we run now.
From a spit flying, bodies throwing themselves at the ball, sure tackling defense to what we see now.
We sure have changed. I'm not at all sure why. Fat and sassy maybe?

And until Saturday, we were averaging 61.5 points a game. Sounds pretty fun and wide open to me. EVERY offense gets shut down at some point. It's just the way it is.

kc sooner
10/1/2007, 01:14 PM
Were you in the meetings leading up to the game? I don't see how you can knock on the game plan when there was poor execution. Were there some plays that made me scratch my head? Yes, but the play of the team was down right sloppy. It's tough to put all of that at the coach's feet.

I wasn't in the meetings but it looked to me like we played the same defense against Tulsa and gave up a lot of yards passing and we didn't change for this game. I just don't know what happened to the aggressive D we used to have, it seems to me like all we do now is lay back and play base defenses with zones all the time. I would rather have a team be in 3rd and 2 or 3 against us than 3rd and long any more because it seems we play such soft coverage that we give a lot of 1st downs on 3rd and longs.

OklahomaRed
10/1/2007, 01:32 PM
It looks like the prevent deffense? Bend but don't break type stuff. Where were some blitzes to get some pressure on that crappy QB of theirs. Rushing 4 down linemen the entire game at that altitude is not going to get the job done. With that said, we had plenty of opportunities to win the game, but failed to take advantage of them. Everyone points out that the deffense was out there too long? Well, if you want off the field, then hold a 2 and 2 offense to 3 and out. Quit letting them run at 10 yards a hit, and quit letting them convert 3rd and long, and 4th downs. You have to make adjustments at some point? Bradford looked like a Freshman QB. Guess what? He is ! Not the end of the world, but our coaches need to get a little more agressive on both sides of the ball. I'm not a coach, but I do know we looked flat, and we played conservatively. I kept saying, "Well, I guess KW saw something on film that made him think we could run against CU." About the 10th time you can't, you would think we would try something different. CU should have beat us by more than they did. Of course without the reversed catch, and the dropped punt we should have won. CU tried to let us have it, even though we really didn't deserve it with our play and offensive and deffensive play calling. I am definitely not saying get rid of coaches, and Mike ain't coming back, but we have to be more agressive and show some "balls" on the road if we want another one of those crystal trophies that someone so pointedly posted "remember this". Heck yes I remember that! It sure would have been nice to be in the chase late in the season for it this year! :D

kc sooner
10/1/2007, 01:49 PM
It looks like the prevent deffense? Bend but don't break type stuff. Where were some blitzes to get some pressure on that crappy QB of theirs. Rushing 4 down linemen the entire game at that altitude is not going to get the job done. With that said, we had plenty of opportunities to win the game, but failed to take advantage of them. Everyone points out that the deffense was out there too long? Well, if you want off the field, then hold a 2 and 2 offense to 3 and out. Quit letting them run at 10 yards a hit, and quit letting them convert 3rd and long, and 4th downs. You have to make adjustments at some point? Bradford looked like a Freshman QB. Guess what? He is ! Not the end of the world, but our coaches need to get a little more agressive on both sides of the ball. I'm not a coach, but I do know we looked flat, and we played conservatively. I kept saying, "Well, I guess KW saw something on film that made him think we could run against CU." About the 10th time you can't, you would think we would try something different. CU should have beat us by more than they did. Of course without the reversed catch, and the dropped punt we should have won. CU tried to let us have it, even though we really didn't deserve it with our play and offensive and deffensive play calling. I am definitely not saying get rid of coaches, and Mike ain't coming back, but we have to be more agressive and show some "balls" on the road if we want another one of those crystal trophies that someone so pointedly posted "remember this". Heck yes I remember that! It sure would have been nice to be in the chase late in the season for it this year! :D

AMEN!!

Be agressive- play to win, don't play to not lose!!

MamaMia
10/1/2007, 02:02 PM
Were you in the meetings leading up to the game? I don't see how you can knock on the game plan when there was poor execution. Were there some plays that made me scratch my head? Yes, but the play of the team was down right sloppy. It's tough to put all of that at the coach's feet. The game calling was predictable. The execution sucked because the Buffs knew what we were going to do all day long. It was reminiscent of the Chuck Long days; 3rd and long all day. They had our number. Wilson didn't mix it up. How can you say there was a good game plan? The players and the coaches are to blame for that loss, Wilson and Bobby Jack really screwed up. Bobby Jack has a history of it. We can not defend against the pass with any consistency and thats a real big problem. We will never ever win a championship with Bobby Jack Wright unless those players come to OU already knowing what to do like Derrick Strait. Wilson was probably thinking a little too much about Texas. I hope he learns from that mistake.

UberSooner
10/1/2007, 02:34 PM
I don't think you can blame Bobby Jack unless you know where the break down is. Is it technique, play call, scheme, mis-read, what? Yes I know we get burned alot, especially down field but so do most college teams against a good deep ball quarterback. I share the frustration but I don't know enough to blame Bobby Jack.