PDA

View Full Version : So how do we end up the season?

stoopified
9/30/2007, 11:52 AM
Being as I am a true believer and am 100% STOOPIFIED,I say we run the table,win the Big 12,win a BCS game or even back into the BCS Title game.Its my 5000 post so I fgured I'd make a BIG SPLASH as either a prophet or hopeless homer.

usmc-sooner
9/30/2007, 12:03 PM
well we get our tough games at home A&M and MO, we play at Tech but they lost to the aggies. Texas defense looks bad, hopefully 11-1 playing in the B12 Championship against CU or KU. Maybe we can get a Mulligan

Blues1
9/30/2007, 12:06 PM
Right Now I have No idea how we wind up after all regular season games - My hopes are for 12 and 1 being a Sooner Fan --- But I do think -- No matter what are Win and Loss record is...?? - This year the Sooners sure could use a Good Bowl Victory (no matter what Bowl) to help keep our image of a winning Tradition Alive and Well --- Once again JMHO.....

Tulsa_Fireman
9/30/2007, 12:13 PM
Dead on the money, Blues.

We're starting to garner an image of being someone's bowl game bitch.

And that sticks in my craw something awful. Close out, Sooners. Finish the deed. Then unmercifully stomp the ever-loving Jesus and the Saints out of some cornhole punk in the Big XII Championship, then one more in the Fiesta.

We're in the process of turning into the Buffalo Bills and dammit, I don't like it.

zeke
9/30/2007, 01:46 PM
Tulsa fire man, is your real name Doyle Hargrove?

cause you are acting all azzholeish here on the board

TXBOOMER
9/30/2007, 01:55 PM
No way to predict it. May run the table, may lose 3 or 4 more.

leematthews
9/30/2007, 01:56 PM
winning the 'chip is gonna be hard and we're gonna need help. I'm not sure if we can leapfrog some teams given the weakness of the Big XII schedule

85Sooner
9/30/2007, 02:11 PM
Dead on the money, Blues.

We're starting to garner an image of being someone's bowl game bitch.

And that sticks in my craw something awful. Close out, Sooners. Finish the deed. Then unmercifully stomp the ever-loving Jesus and the Saints out of some cornhole punk in the Big XII Championship, then one more in the Fiesta.

We're in the process of turning into the Buffalo Bills and dammit, I don't like it.

My thoughts exactly.

MextheBulldog
9/30/2007, 02:16 PM
Should be a favorite in all remaining games. Granted, this means nothing but perhaps this team has received its' wake-up call. Can we not just take this week by week? TOO MUCH FOCUS ON THE END and not enough on the journey.

stoopified
9/30/2007, 06:40 PM
No way to predict it. May run the table, may lose 3 or 4 more.
I'll bet all my V cash that we don't lose more then 1 more regular season game max.My reasoning is simple OU is more the team that won 4 straight blowouts then they are the team that gave away the Coors U. game.

Eielson
9/30/2007, 06:46 PM
OU beats Texas 65-13, finishes out the season with one loss, gets a rematch against Colorado, and are awarded the NC game because of Miami spoiling Boston Colleges undefeated season and only having one loss along with Tulsa beating out Boise State for the C-USA championship and also ends up with one loss. We then go on to beat USC 55-19 in the championship game.

StoopTroup
9/30/2007, 06:50 PM
So we lose to the Buffaloes and now were becoming the Buffalo Bills....

I'm beginning to think John Blake is posting multiple trolls on this board...

Tulsa_Fireman
9/30/2007, 10:16 PM
So we lose to the Buffaloes and now were becoming the Buffalo Bills....

Don'tcha remember 4 straight Super Bowl appearances and always a bridesmaid, never the bride?

We've fielded some pretty dang good teams. National Championship competitors. One of the best in the nation over the recent span. But what have we done bowlwise in the recent span besides beat that Oregon squad in the Holiday? Sure we won the whole ball of wax in 2000. But that's nearly a decade ago.

Sad as it is to say, we've come up short.

God bless 'em, we've been good. Damn good. Good enough to make me happier than a pig in slop. But so were the Buffalo Bills. Good enough to be AFC champions, the best of their conference. But they never could get over the hump. I don't want our Sooners to be that team.

I want those boys to win every one, as unrealistic as it may be.

Hence the reference.

mightysooner
9/30/2007, 10:25 PM
Unfortunately I don't have any confidence in our team against ANYBODY with a moderately decent offense in ANY GAME with Venables at the helm. Colorado's offense is HORRIBLE and has been inept ALL YEAR until they go up against Venable's "bend and break" defense and now they look like world beaters. Venables doesn't have "it". Why the screams for his removal aren't growing louder escape me. His performance has been absolutely UNDERwhelming since he took over.