PDA

View Full Version : Now that I have calmed down.....

bonkuba
9/30/2007, 11:21 AM
Now that I have calmed down a bit (still cant turn on the TV though :D ).......

I know that this may seem like a re-hash but its seems really sad to me that if a team has a down Saturday (granted this was a REALLY down Saturday) that it's hopes, in most cases, of a MNC are dashed. I know that this isn't always the case, but it does make it much more difficult.

Even the best teams can and will have a bad day....it happens. I still believe in this team, no matter what they are still my Sooners....always have been and always will be.

I have always been a huge proponent of a playoff schema in college football. This would ensure that the best team does indeed win (not just the one who plays the most cupcakes and goes undefeated).

Thoughts??:pop:

stoopified
9/30/2007, 11:28 AM
We can still win the Big 12 and go to a BCS game.As for national title its a longshot but given how the season has gone so far,it ain't impossible.The osu cheerleader(fat lady) isn't singing yet.

bonkuba
9/30/2007, 11:34 AM
We can still win the Big 12 and go to a BCS game.As for national title its a longshot but given how the season has gone so far,it ain't impossible.The osu cheerleader(fat lady) isn't singing yet.

That did make me smile!!!:D

usmc-sooner
9/30/2007, 11:34 AM

I bet the OSU guys are more delighted by our loss than their victory. I would almost guarantee it.

ruf/nekdad
9/30/2007, 11:41 AM
You really want to know? Check out Orangepower.com. Must be tough to rest your pleasure of college football on the occasional bad game of another team you hate. I personally wouldn't bother, take up boccie ball or something.

Sooner Eclipse
9/30/2007, 11:43 AM
I bet the OSU guys are more delighted by our loss than their victory. I would almost guarantee it.

Yes they are, but their greatest joy is hoping that this gets their idiot coach out of the national spotlight for his Sam Kineson-esque meltdown.

Also telling that they are the first to throw up the pic of the sooner kid crying yet their coach went postal about a journalist doing essentially the same thing to a 22 YO.

StoopTroup
9/30/2007, 11:47 AM
We weren't the only Team yesterday to have a bad day.

Even suc had some uneasy moments.

LSU didn't blow out Tulane?

Lets face it....

The Media is wrong about suc and LSU being a lock.

Every Sooner on this board felt that way before yesterdays game in Boulder...

Nothing has changed much IMO except we still await suc and LSU dropping a game...

Remember....if they do fail to win out things can get really interesting....

If CU ends up winning the North and we get a rematch in the Big XII CG...

I bet we throttle them....

bonkuba
9/30/2007, 12:29 PM
We weren't the only Team yesterday to have a bad day.

Even suc had some uneasy moments.

LSU didn't blow out Tulane?

Lets face it....

The Media is wrong about suc and LSU being a lock.

Every Sooner on this board felt that way before yesterdays game in Boulder...

Nothing has changed much IMO except we still await suc and LSU dropping a game...

Remember....if they do fail to win out things can get really interesting....

If CU ends up winning the North and we get a rematch in the Big XII CG...

I bet we throttle them....

One can only hope we meet them again.:D

East Coast Bias
9/30/2007, 02:07 PM
I agree a playoff system would solve alot of the heart ache college football causes the fans over 1 loss. We all have so much invested emotionally in our team to have it all go up in smoke over 1 bad game. It makes me want to just watch the NFL where a 10-6 team can go to the playoffs and get hot. I did not see the game but i don't think our players are as good as we think they are, and our coaches certainly aren't. It looked like they tried to sit on the lead at the end and Reggie ruined that. I am afraid for next week, someone will have 2 losses in a row. It we want to win we better go after them for 4 quarters.

MextheBulldog
9/30/2007, 02:13 PM
The way this season is going, no one is gonna end up undefeated. Our MNC chance took a huge hit yesterday, but win the rest and let's just see how things shake out. Still almost 2/3 of the season to go.

bluedogok
9/30/2007, 02:23 PM
Parity has hit college football when an 11 year old USF program and Kentucky are ranked higher than OU, Florida and Texas. A result of this happening is there are no "great" teams this year, all have looked mortal at one time or another. It is turning into the NFL with a few exceptional teams and a bunch of good teams. There are too many games yet to be played to say who is going to be where at the end of the year.

NS5
9/30/2007, 02:47 PM
Write me a prescription, Doc!