PDA

View Full Version : Whats up with this 3rd and long stuff I saw in Colorado...again?

MamaMia
9/30/2007, 11:07 AM
We would run for 2 plays and pass, just like in the Chuck Long days. I know Kevin Wilson knows better than this; doesn't he? About half the time, or maybe a little less if it makes everybody feel comfy, we should pass on the first down. On the 3rd downs, whether we're long or short, we should use our tight ends more and send the wide receivers deep to clear out the defensive secondary. That way ,their line backers have to cover the tight ends and they aren't even close to being fast enough.

How about we release our fullback using the same play for Gods sake? If they think we're going to do that then we could fake to the tight end and throw deep to a wide receiver. It would have to be a delay route, and I would call that play when its second and short. That way, if you don't complete the pass. you still have one down left. I would continue to do that until they could stop it.

A good trick play would be doing the same thing...tight end over the middle, or on the outside and when the tight end was about to get tackled he could lateral the ball to a trailing back.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that we need to mix it up. These are very simple plays. Why don't we do this? :confused:

Oh hell...whos going to listen to a girl anyway? :O

soonersn2007
9/30/2007, 11:18 AM
For a girl, u sure know ur shiznit.............co-sign. :)

StoopTroup
9/30/2007, 11:27 AM
The recievers still need to catch the ball no matter what play Kevin Wilson calls.

Flagstaffsooner
9/30/2007, 11:28 AM
You go Girl!

usmc-sooner
9/30/2007, 11:29 AM
The recievers still need to catch the ball no matter what play Kevin Wilson calls.

it's hard for WR's to catch the ball when he only threw to one of them.

ruf/nekdad
9/30/2007, 11:33 AM
I listen to girls all the time. I have a daughter and a wife and for the most part do what I'm told.:)

stoopified
9/30/2007, 11:36 AM
did you mean third and Long? :)